antifeminism atlas shrugged evil women grandiosity melodrama men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men oppressed white men politics PUA reactionary bullshit

Is Obama’s re-election the first step towards a dystopian matriarchy in which men are obsolete?

A glimpse of our purple-lipped dystopian future?

Manosphere dudes are having a little trouble dealing with Obama’s re-election – especially with the fact that women and minorities were behind it. On The Rational Male, the regulars are debating the merits of a post-election manifesto from a fellow named Mark Minter, originally posted as a comment on Roosh’s Return of Kings blog.

Minter, who is basically right about the demographic shift behind Obama’s victory but wrong about everything else, lays out what he sees as the evil forces arrayed against the dudes of America – the white ones in particular — and what he sees as a solution. Naturally, in classic manosphere style, he gets a bit melodramatic about it all.

(In the excerpts that follow, I’m snipping out the demographic details, which everyone here already  knows about.)

Women are winning. Women are going to win and impose the changes on society that they wish and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

The reason Obama won this election and why the Republicans were not able to gain any ground in the legislature was women. Pure and Simply. This election was about women. And the men lost.

Well, the election was “about women” mainly in that women voters (and plenty of men) voted against Republicans trying their best to make abortion illegal and reproductive services unavailable. Beyond this, women’s issues rarely came up.

Back to Minter, who is starting to build up quite a head of steam:

The forces arrayed against you, socially, economically, and politically are insurmountable. You can scream, whine, blog, comment, whatever, and you will not turn back the march of history. Even if the number of Red Pill aware men increases ten fold in the next few years, it still will not stop the inevitable erosion of the position of men, not only in America, but throughout the rest of the world.

Grab hold of your dicks, dudes; a storm is a-brewing!

Now, I am going to tell you in no uncertain terms, if you have a dick then you are on your own and the forces of the world are arrayed against you. You can expect no political support, no social support, no support in the workplace, no support in the courts, with the police. Whether you realize it or not, women are a bigger enemy to you than any Arab, any Iranian, any Chinese.

Any Chinese what?

Democrats made a lot of hay about the Clint Eastwood presentation during the Republican convention where he used a chair a prop and addressed a hypothetical Barrack Obama in the chair. It was said that was essence of the Republican party, angry, old white men railing in their anger at a black Democratic president. And more and more of are those old, angry, white men going to die and not be replaced in the pipeline. … There will a smaller percentage of white voters in every election cycle from here on out.

The horror!

But the real issue was the gender gap.

The horror!

[M]ore and more women will move into elected office and those women will push issues favorable to women as their primary agenda masking those issues as “for children”, “for education”, “for families”.

The horror!

Also, the story of the next four years will be stagnation on issues involving spending, spending cuts, unless it is a measure that effects women. Then public opinion, the media, and the army of women will coerce the Republican legislature into caving.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

So what’s wrong with women politicians pushing women’s issues? Because women are man-haters, and they’re going to use their new power to do all sorts of man-hatey things:

You all need to understand in no uncertain terms, women despise you, they think little of you. They believe you brutish and violent, bull headed, and fundamentally stupid. The see you as big children that must be controlled and disciplined in order make you useful to them. And if you are not useful to them, if you do not provide those things that they wish from you, actually, more correct to say, those things they need from you, then you will not be a part of their lives.

And they are earnest and driven in structuring society and the law in such a manner that you are no longer needed.

Uh oh. That sounds ominous.

They are now avoiding marriage in droves, deferring pregnancy and motherhood, and using men, more and more, as forms of recreation and, less and less, as a necessary partner in the scheme of life as they are defining it. Their job and their female friends are more important to them than you are. They are celebrating and defining single motherhood as the form of child rearing preferrable to a two parent household.

Wait, I thought that it was men who were avoiding marriage – helping to bring down society with an Atlas Shruggish “marriage strike.” And that men were enjoying every minute of it.

Manosphere dudes, get your story straight!

[Y]ou should expect the bad behavior of women in relationships and in social situations to only get worse.

Oh noes!

There is a massive demographic shift that has been occuring since the end of the birth control. Compare the dearth of child bearing age women against the number of men from 19-55 that chase those women, men that throw deals and enticements at the feet of those women, with the rise in social media mechanisms available today that permit women to be approached and have those deals thrown at their feet, and you have recipe for more trouble ahead for men.

Men flattering women on Facebook and OkCupid in an attempt to get into their pants => women getting all stuck up => oppression of men!

Pity the poor boy born in 2007 when there was a birth rate of 4.32 babies born per 1000 people to the birth rate in 2011 of 1.9. There will be no girls for 50% of those boys, given that men tend to pair with younger women.

Wait, what? Could you show your math here?

So how can men respond to the new realities of our post-modern world?

Start with this statement right here and make it the first declaration in who you are, what you will be, and will do, what you won’t be and what you won’t do, and how you judge and think about the world

“I will be nobody’s fucking slave and nobody’s fool”.

You owe nobody nothing. You owe women nothing. You owe society nothi …

Bored now. Let’s skip ahead to something a tiny bit more creative:

We will stop being men that are useful to women, useful to society and start being men that live life on their terms. You have a power that you give away. We voluntarily let chains be placed on you because we think that is what “The Good Man” does.

Re-evaluate everything.

Revolt.

Uh, I’m pretty sure you’re already revolting.

Ba-dum-tish!

You cannot change where the world and society is going. But you have the power to change your life so that you live it on your own terms. There will no “macro” solution to the angst that you are feeling. There will be no grand social movement to correct the wrongs that you experience in your dealings with women and in how society views and what it expects from men.

But you have the solution in your hands.

Wait, is this some sort of masturbation reference?

Actually, no:

Game.

Not just “Game” as pick-up lines, but “Game” as a way of viewing women, as a way of viewing life, as a way of reconstructing what is right and what is wrong, as a way of reacting to the changes that are beyond your control, as a way of dealing with the structural and social changes that already have come and inevitably are coming.

Don’t just neg women. Neg the world!

Falconer

Essentially a functionary, Aubretia lives a materially comfortable, but thoroughly regulated and insipidly routine life in a system dominated by a strict hierarchy of managerial elites.

The review fails to specify how many TPS reports she needs to file every day.

Aubretia’s lifestyle is bad BECAUSE WOMEN, obviously.

Additional details increase the impression of doll-like preciosity and mirror-gazing narcissism: “The silver lacquer on her flat, atrophied breasts had worn thin in parts, but… later in the day she could visit the Beauty center and have fresh lacquer applied.” Aubretia thinks to herself, “silver was clean, but there were times when it resembled armor.”

Because showing concern over personal appearance is “preciosity” and “narcissism” BECAUSE WOMEN.

And the author uses the term “limpid” when describing her eyes. HULK SMASH!

ithiliana
ithiliana

John Scalzi’s letter to “some but not all white men” is worth reading!

You have an agent? HOW DID YOU GET AN AGENT WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE AN AGENT BUT ME

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

I’m trying to work out, if they just have a nailpolish-like coating on their breasts, why doesn’t the woman on the cover have visible nipples?

(I’m assuming this would happen, I’m not painting my chest with nailpolish.)

Maybe it’s more like false nails than nail polish.

swankivy
swankivy
Reply to  katz

@katz: I got an agent through good old-fashioned querying, and I don’t really know of many people who got their agents through a process other than querying, so . . . I recommend querying. 😉

Hopefully I am not going to ruffle any feathers with this huge digression from the topic at hand (any more than I already have), but here is a link with an article I wrote with querying tips/philosophy:

Sgt Grumbles
Sgt Grumbles

And actually I’m surprised at myself, this is one of the first times I’ve been rejected in a long string of rejections where I’ve legitimately not been crushed by it. Like, I honestly can’t see myself getting upset even if she starts dating another guy. IS THIS WHAT HAVING A BRAIN FEELS LIKE? FINALLY FREEDOM FROM THE SILENT OPPRESSION OF MY PENIS!!!!

It obviously means you have become emotionally numb.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’m trying to figure out a. why their breasts have atrophied (evo-psych in a primitive form?), and b. why they would laquer them rather than either putting on some sort of garment or just leaving them bare if it’s warm enough for them not to need clothes.

judgybitch

There really was no sane choice for fiscally conservative but socially progressive voters. There is some truth to the idea that Obama won on the backs of single women voters, but really, what were the options?

Here’s my take:

whataboutthemoonz

“These MRAs are working so hard to try to keep my spirits up during NaNoWriMo; I really appreciate it.”

YEA! NANO! *high fives*

“HOW DID YOU GET AN AGENT WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE AN AGENT BUT ME”

I don’t have an agent yet, if that makes you feel any better.

Melody

I don’t have an agent either?
I’m not looking for one, but just saying.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Boobies exist for men to use for their pleasure. And if you don’t use a thing, like boobies, it deteriorates. Use ’em or lose ’em! IT IS SCIENCE.

Because women live to go to the salon for beauty treatments? I know I do! (Not really.)

clairedammit
clairedammit

Swankivy, your post looks very useful! I bookmarked it.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

That gawker link on state secession petitions was interesting. I know it’d never happen, but they were having a discussion on it anyway. Some of the people in the blue states are like “Heck yeah, the red states are an albatross around our neck. Let them go” and red state people are like “I need my own country to be free from affordable health care!”.

I want to know what their plan would be about dealing with the missile silos. There are a ton in MO and KS, and if we were sovereign states, yikes. I don’t want someone like Akin having launch codes, because people like him want the world to end in a glorious armageddon. They also aren’t considering how much all of the continental states’ infrastructure is interconnected by the highway system, pipelines, the power grid, and the riverways.

There’s a lot more nuance to the whole red state/blue state thing, too. There are progressive people in red states, and conservatives in blue states. Some of the states are more purple. LOL, I am silly for spending so much time analyzing an absurd idea from the election’s sore losers. I could better spend my time debunking ideas from the Flat Earth Society.

Guilty as charged. I care about the issues that affect women, children, education, and families. Sorry, Minter.

Falconer

There are progressive people in red states,</blockquote.

Represent!

swankivy
swankivy
Reply to  clairedammit

@clairedammit, Glad you found my post helpful. If you have a question or request regarding its content, feel free to contact me privately using the info on that page (that goes for anyone). There are lots of other hopefully helpful articles and rambles for writers who are pursuing publication too. So excited that there are so many writer-type people here, too! 😀

tcwill00
tcwill00

Dang.

Kendra, don’t worry, we would never let them secede and take you!

clairedammit
clairedammit

How it’s done where I live:

1. Governor threatens to secede

2. then runs for President.

Please, please, don’t let them take me either.

Shaenon

Many college girls are coarse and unfeminine even as they adopt a blatantly “sexy” self-presentation. (Drawn, it would appear, from MTV’s “Jersey Shore.”)

All right! Now that “Sex and the City” has been off the air for a decade, MRAs have finally chosen another TV show to cite as pop-culture’s Totally Accurate Representation of the Evils of Womanhood…just as it’s ending.

Good to have you back, Carley.

Rahu
Rahu

If this is all true, can I get the purple hair in the picture at the top of the OP? There are a lot of guys I’d miss, but if I get purple hair and purple lips in exchange….

Hey, what about a compromise? Keep the good guys, lose the bad ones, we only get regular lip color – but we DO get the purple hair! 😀

Nikki
Nikki

I can’t stand people who belittle single parent homes. My mother raised me and my little sister by herself and she did a wonderful job with us both. If my parents HAD been together I think life for each and every one of us would have been complete and utter HELL.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Purple hair sounds cool, but do we have to get our breasts lacquered? What if they haven’t atrophied yet? If we’re keeping the good guys, they should stay round and uh, non-atrophied, right? And then we can wear our regular bras or whatever?

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

I misread lacquered as liquored for a second.

I am a dirty, dirty man (and it is totally awesome).

drst
drst

I don’t have an agent yet either. My friend is searching for one, so I’m watching her and picking up tips for the mythical day when I finally finish a full manuscript. (I would be doing NaNo this year to work on it again but I was sick for about 12 days in October. Strep gets a lot harder to cope with when you age, kids! And that messed up my workload. Ah well.)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’m afraid that in my version of man-free feminazi utopia we’re still going to need bras, at least if we intend to do anything more active than lounging on divans eating bon-bons.

(We’re also going to need men, since I’m attracted to them, and since some of them are my friends/family/seriously, why are these dudes so paranoid that women want to make them vanish in a puff of smoke anyway?)

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Thank you, katz. And my deepest sympathies for all other red state manboobzers.

There are a lot of people here in these red states that think state sovereignty is foolish. For one, we know we’re getting more federal tax money in than we’re paying out, so it’s obvious we can’t support ourselves financially without gutting our schools, hospitals, libraries, and infrastructure. And it boggles my mind to see secession signatures from fellow Joplinites. What are you thinking? After all FEMA did for us, this is how you act?

It reminds me of a kid threatening to run away from home, when he has a good family, and he’s just throwing a temper about not getting his way on something. That’s when the parent/caregiver says “Well if you want to run away because you don’t have a Playstation 3, then that’s your choice”. The child then puts some clothes in a bag and loudly announces “That’s it, I’m going, You can’t stop me!” So the parent says “Where will you sleep tonight? What will you eat? How will you get money?” The child then grumbles and goes back to his room to pout. So the neo secessionists are at the stage of standing at the door and whining. Obama is the parent as he laughs at their petitions.

hellkell
hellkell

Kendra, my idiot cousin lives in Joplin, and I wouldn’t be surprsed at all if his name were on that secession document.

Podkayne

I have a copy of “World Without Men” under its’ alternative title, “Alph”. I keep it in my extensive SF library in other to prove that it, along with other examples of the genre, are a type of book which exists. My friends never believe me when I summarize the plot.

Spoiler Hint: it includes a planet full of perforce-lesbians who have forgotten that vaginas can be a part of sex. Then they get the idea to start raping each other with strap-ons and discover they love it.

See also: “Gender Genocide”, “The Girls From Planet 5”, etc.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

It is an interesting thought exercise to consider withdrawal of all federal facilities and an exodus of people. Rather like the India Pakistan split.
Here in the Peoples Republic of the Puget Sound we consider requesting Canada annex us or possibly going independent when there has been a bit too much wackaloon going on in DC. Back in the day Key West shot off their cannot and declared independence and then requested an armistice and foreign aid. Too bad nobody noticed.

mythago

@hellkell, so every time you see this doofus you’re going to look shocked and ask “You’re still here? I thought you seceded!” right?

Kim
Kim

Because they have no female friends or family who would vouch for them when it was time to put them up against the wall?

PsychoDan

Key West still likes to pretend sovereignty. They fly Conch Republic flags all over the place, and even ask anyone who lives there who owns a boat to register it as part of their navy. It’s all pretty harmless, since they don’t really want to be independent, they just want to say they are.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

G’day everyone, I’m back from my holiday! 🙂

“You all need to understand in no uncertain terms, women people who aren’t misogynists despise you, they think little of you. They believe you brutish and violent, bull headed, and fundamentally stupid.”

FTFY

“We will stop being men that are useful to women, useful to society …” – Were they ever useful members of society?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Gah. Might have known I was really late to the party with that one. 😛

BUT this is important:

(Personally, I aspire to be an eccentric old individual with an iguana who wears clashing colours.)

CWS, are you going to wear the clashing colours, or is the iguana? Enquiring minds want to know. Especially since I now have this sort of image in my mind.

Fitzy
Fitzy

Late to the party, but I’m concerned by that article on the secession petitions. Florida has one up and running. And I’m afraid that if it gets the requisite number of signatures, the government might take that golden opportunity to give us the ol’ heave-ho. Especially since our election officials just finally finished counting votes on Saturday…

I kid, but the whole idea of Florida going its own way is so short-sighted it takes my breath away. We’re a state that relies on the interstate highway system to get tourists (ie, major source of revenue) from point A to point B, we have military bases here, there, and everywhere, and senior citizens make up around a quarter of the state’s population (maybe the U.S. government will grant Social Security and Medicare to folks who’ve renounced their citizenship?). Oh, yeah, we also get smacked by natural disasters on a fairly regular basis, and a lot homeowners – like me – enjoy federally backed flood insurance coverage. Yeah, way to think this one through, guys.

kysokisaen

The birthrate in 2011 was 31.3 per 1,000. I think he got the kids per woman number confused with the births per thousand women number. All right here, including a nice graph to ease the panic with a little peak right about where a previous commentor’s recession hypothesis would suggest. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_05.pdf

I thought a 4 to under 1 in 4 years drop sounded a bit odd. Also single digits per thousand. The real numbers are 41.5 in 2007 and 31.3 in 2011.

Summer
Summer

I made the mistake of clicking judgybitchs link. Don’t, unless you really feel like losing another chunk of faith in humanity.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

I had to read it out of curiosity.

The facepalm is strong with this one.

whataboutthemoonz

“I thought a 4 to under 1 in 4 years drop sounded a bit odd.”

I assumed dudebro pulled numbers out of his ass, as MRAs are wont to do, but even if he did make them up they didn’t say what he wanted them to say.

hellkell
hellkell

Thankfully I don’t see him very often, and I have all of his right-wing email forwards set up to go straight to the trash.

hellkell
hellkell

I just read judgybitch’s link, and HOLY SHIT does someone need to shut up.

Mikey
Mikey

Thank you for posting this, David. Just when I thought I’d exhausted every source of Republican, post-election Butthurt, I open up your lovely blog to find this gem of a post. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

judgybitch

@hellkell

Aww. What’s the matter? You don’t like my blog?

inurashii
inurashii

JB: well, it and you are both pretty unlikable.

hellkell
hellkell

JB: you think? I’m not sold on you either.

Patak's Mango Pickle, Wah!
Patak's Mango Pickle, Wah!

“Manosphere dudes are having a little trouble dealing with Obama’s re-election – especially with the fact that women and minorities were behind it. ”

Tha Manosphere itself is a minority.

Nada
Nada

While we’re on geekdom (including my own), PLEASE do a post on Tony Harris’s whiny calling out of women who dare to be hot and go to Comic Cons without be real geeks (he gets to decide who’s who, just by looking/getting a boner). The only thing grosser than his post are some of the comments.

The funny thing is, to be true to his words, they should either ban all costumes (unless they think the dude I saw who made his own Dalek didn’t want attention) or fight to get female outfits in comics to be less revealing (because anything less would have these women accused of being inaccurate, right?)

Worth a read, even if you don’t like comics. All the talk of ‘invading’ this man’s rightful space is classic.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

@Nada, but if women stopped going to the comic cons, then those guys would say “Where are all the babes? This place is a sausage fest! Waaaah!” So if women don’t go to geeky conventions, that proves that women are never geeks. If women do go to geeky conventions, it means that they are phonies trying to get attention from geeky guys. Why can’t they be grateful there are women that share the same interests as them? Hey hetero dudes, if you want attention from women, it helps when you don’t say they’re unwelcome and chase them away.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s funny that he chose Comic Con of all events to pick on, given that it’s full of celebrities promoting stuff. I can think of some super-hot guys who’ve attended Comic Con for promotional purposes – should they be banned too?