antifeminism atlas shrugged evil women grandiosity melodrama men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men oppressed white men politics PUA reactionary bullshit

Is Obama’s re-election the first step towards a dystopian matriarchy in which men are obsolete?

A glimpse of our purple-lipped dystopian future?

Manosphere dudes are having a little trouble dealing with Obama’s re-election – especially with the fact that women and minorities were behind it. On The Rational Male, the regulars are debating the merits of a post-election manifesto from a fellow named Mark Minter, originally posted as a comment on Roosh’s Return of Kings blog.

Minter, who is basically right about the demographic shift behind Obama’s victory but wrong about everything else, lays out what he sees as the evil forces arrayed against the dudes of America – the white ones in particular — and what he sees as a solution. Naturally, in classic manosphere style, he gets a bit melodramatic about it all.

(In the excerpts that follow, I’m snipping out the demographic details, which everyone here already  knows about.)

Women are winning. Women are going to win and impose the changes on society that they wish and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

The reason Obama won this election and why the Republicans were not able to gain any ground in the legislature was women. Pure and Simply. This election was about women. And the men lost.

Well, the election was “about women” mainly in that women voters (and plenty of men) voted against Republicans trying their best to make abortion illegal and reproductive services unavailable. Beyond this, women’s issues rarely came up.

Back to Minter, who is starting to build up quite a head of steam:

The forces arrayed against you, socially, economically, and politically are insurmountable. You can scream, whine, blog, comment, whatever, and you will not turn back the march of history. Even if the number of Red Pill aware men increases ten fold in the next few years, it still will not stop the inevitable erosion of the position of men, not only in America, but throughout the rest of the world.

Grab hold of your dicks, dudes; a storm is a-brewing!

Now, I am going to tell you in no uncertain terms, if you have a dick then you are on your own and the forces of the world are arrayed against you. You can expect no political support, no social support, no support in the workplace, no support in the courts, with the police. Whether you realize it or not, women are a bigger enemy to you than any Arab, any Iranian, any Chinese.

Any Chinese what?

Democrats made a lot of hay about the Clint Eastwood presentation during the Republican convention where he used a chair a prop and addressed a hypothetical Barrack Obama in the chair. It was said that was essence of the Republican party, angry, old white men railing in their anger at a black Democratic president. And more and more of are those old, angry, white men going to die and not be replaced in the pipeline. … There will a smaller percentage of white voters in every election cycle from here on out.

The horror!

But the real issue was the gender gap.

The horror!

[M]ore and more women will move into elected office and those women will push issues favorable to women as their primary agenda masking those issues as “for children”, “for education”, “for families”.

The horror!

Also, the story of the next four years will be stagnation on issues involving spending, spending cuts, unless it is a measure that effects women. Then public opinion, the media, and the army of women will coerce the Republican legislature into caving.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

So what’s wrong with women politicians pushing women’s issues? Because women are man-haters, and they’re going to use their new power to do all sorts of man-hatey things:

You all need to understand in no uncertain terms, women despise you, they think little of you. They believe you brutish and violent, bull headed, and fundamentally stupid. The see you as big children that must be controlled and disciplined in order make you useful to them. And if you are not useful to them, if you do not provide those things that they wish from you, actually, more correct to say, those things they need from you, then you will not be a part of their lives.

And they are earnest and driven in structuring society and the law in such a manner that you are no longer needed.

Uh oh. That sounds ominous.

They are now avoiding marriage in droves, deferring pregnancy and motherhood, and using men, more and more, as forms of recreation and, less and less, as a necessary partner in the scheme of life as they are defining it. Their job and their female friends are more important to them than you are. They are celebrating and defining single motherhood as the form of child rearing preferrable to a two parent household.

Wait, I thought that it was men who were avoiding marriage – helping to bring down society with an Atlas Shruggish “marriage strike.” And that men were enjoying every minute of it.

Manosphere dudes, get your story straight!

[Y]ou should expect the bad behavior of women in relationships and in social situations to only get worse.

Oh noes!

There is a massive demographic shift that has been occuring since the end of the birth control. Compare the dearth of child bearing age women against the number of men from 19-55 that chase those women, men that throw deals and enticements at the feet of those women, with the rise in social media mechanisms available today that permit women to be approached and have those deals thrown at their feet, and you have recipe for more trouble ahead for men.

Men flattering women on Facebook and OkCupid in an attempt to get into their pants => women getting all stuck up => oppression of men!

Pity the poor boy born in 2007 when there was a birth rate of 4.32 babies born per 1000 people to the birth rate in 2011 of 1.9. There will be no girls for 50% of those boys, given that men tend to pair with younger women.

Wait, what? Could you show your math here?

So how can men respond to the new realities of our post-modern world?

Start with this statement right here and make it the first declaration in who you are, what you will be, and will do, what you won’t be and what you won’t do, and how you judge and think about the world

“I will be nobody’s fucking slave and nobody’s fool”.

You owe nobody nothing. You owe women nothing. You owe society nothi …

Bored now. Let’s skip ahead to something a tiny bit more creative:

We will stop being men that are useful to women, useful to society and start being men that live life on their terms. You have a power that you give away. We voluntarily let chains be placed on you because we think that is what “The Good Man” does.

Re-evaluate everything.

Revolt.

Uh, I’m pretty sure you’re already revolting.

Ba-dum-tish!

You cannot change where the world and society is going. But you have the power to change your life so that you live it on your own terms. There will no “macro” solution to the angst that you are feeling. There will be no grand social movement to correct the wrongs that you experience in your dealings with women and in how society views and what it expects from men.

But you have the solution in your hands.

Wait, is this some sort of masturbation reference?

Actually, no:

Game.

Not just “Game” as pick-up lines, but “Game” as a way of viewing women, as a way of viewing life, as a way of reconstructing what is right and what is wrong, as a way of reacting to the changes that are beyond your control, as a way of dealing with the structural and social changes that already have come and inevitably are coming.

Don’t just neg women. Neg the world!

xmaseveeve
xmaseveeve

You should just go. What if a girl in same situation is there too? Easy first lines, about the film..

aworldanonymous

If all else fails I might just go alone.

Biot
Biot

The drop of having 4.32 children per 1000 in 2007 to giving birth to 1.9 children per 1000 in 2011 is most definitely due to the Great Recession and not because women suddenly decided to enact General Order 66 and commenced taking over the world. Combine that with poor wages, and people will be holding off on marriage and children because (unless you get married in court without the service, parties, catering, etc.) it’s too costly in today’s environment.

lightcastle
lightcastle

@aworldanonymous – Just go see Skyfall. I’m doing that Tuesday.

Melody

@ biot

Facts and reality don’t factor in. The idea that women would choose not to have children during a recession, or because they were laid off doesn’t fit into the MRM world view.

It can only be a conspiracy so that men won’t have anyone younger than themselves to screw when they get older. Those poor men of the future are being deprived of their due.

cloudiah

Content warning for violence!

Summary of Paul Elam’s “writing:”

Perfect husband is cuckolded by Cruella de Vil. “Understandably” he punches her in the face. But the takeaway is not that he thinks violence is okay, it’s just that sometimes women force men to hit them.

aworldanonymous

So Paul Elam basically writes an NTR fic but instead of writing out the protagonist, has him become an abusive prick, thus showing that he probably shouldn’t have been in a relationship in the first place?

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Yanno, that screed does touch on the deepest fear of men through the ages. That women will not need anything from them. You know what happens when that happens, don’tcha?

magpie

Dear Mark Munter, there are billions of people in the world, but only one of them takes your penis into consideration when they vote.

Magpie
Magpie

@ thebewilderness – men feel happy and relaxed knowing that if a woman is with them, it definitely because she wants him?

Cat
Cat

Ok…”Nobody’s Fool,” is a Cinderella song! And, I really don’t need to have it playing in my head for the rest of the night!!!AHHHHHHH!

@Cat

Isn’t it a Night Song though? There’s an element of appropriateness there.

and

for the rest of the night!!!

Don’t you mean “all night long”?

/had a regrettable hair metal phase for a few months at 15ish

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’m now trying to remember how people made their hair do that in the 80s. My hair is naturally curly, and I don’t know how to make it do that.

lowquacks

Layering and teasing, but just teasing’ll get you pretty far. Hold your head upside down while you do this. Shittons of hairspray. I was in a school musical theatre revue once 🙂

lowquacks

And brush your hair with your head upside down before doing all of this. I have (admittedly very thick) hair that can’t decide if it’s straight or slightly wavy which was around chest-length at the time and got decent volume, so someone with curly hair and strategic layers should be able to go tremendously well.

Also DUUUUUUDE, that video is 4:20! *shaky surfer hand thing*

Cat
Cat

@lowquacks AHHHHH! Now all I’m hearing are Cinderella songs!!! Is there a support group?!

lowquacks

Enjoy it while you can! You’ll never know what you’ve got until it’s gone.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Isn’t it time for all the trolls to be taking the road back into their caves anyway?

lowquacks

They can get shelter there.

(in my opinion this is actually one of the better flagrant Rolling Stones rip-offs this side of the boring half of Primal Scream’s discography, and I’m happy I remembered it)

(not usually someone who cares much for flagrant Rolling Stones rip-offs though, or even for the actual Rolling Stones)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

And then help Tom and his new Taliban buddies to shut down the Girls School.

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

Oh darn, the MRAs have discovered our evil plot to take over the world.

Falconer

At risk of arousing the quiescent debate over the causes of the Civil War, this is not good and we should try to stop it.

tcwill00
tcwill00

I must say, I like that pale purple lipstick.

It looks white to me. Must be my monitor.

gelar
gelar

I read a short story last night that was like this blog, condensed. It had a man creeping out his friend on a vacation in Greece: “feminists want female superiority; women can give birth, so that makes them superior already- why should they be allowed to vote? My wife’s going to take the kids and half my income and it could happen to you; we should go back to the Good Old Days; society’s going to break down…” Three guesses what happens to his wife.

I was surprised that it was written in 1985.

whataboutthemoonz

Kinda wish they’d go their own way already.

cloudiah

Damn it appears the Voting Rights Act may be doomed… I love how Justice Roberts asked whether Southerners were more likely to be racist than Northeners, apparently in disbelief. Um dude, did you not see that 2012 poll of Mississippi voters who thought interracial marriage should be illegal? Or that map of racist tweets showing that the South sent the lion’s share?

Carleyblue
Carleyblue

So, I scrolled down through that whole thing, getting more and more agitated, until ‘you have the solution in your hands’, and then got to ‘Game’

Game. Really, that’s it? How disappointing. Isn’t game just basically ‘acting like an asshole’?

(In the interest of full disclosure, I used to comment here under the name of ‘fatcat’, and said some pretty stupid things at one point, so… yeah, have at me, if you will. I have definitely begun to educate myself since then, however. The reason I didn’t come back with th same name is because I didn’t want my picture to show up).

Amnesia
Amnesia

@cloudiah
I think if he’s going to make that argument, he should be advocating that the Voting Rights Act should be applied to all states. But that’s probably wishful thinking on my part. *sighs*

sthlivingincolor

I’m starting to get a bit annoyed with these “all the X voted for candidate Y and all the A voted for candidate B” election analyses. Of course, it’s not nearly as simple as all that. Plenty of men and plenty of white people voted for Obama. My honey and I are a white couple and we both voted for him. I think human beings aren’t terribly good at nuance, though; they tend to see things in black and white. I know when I was teaching, I’d say “X group tends to be slightly more Y than Z group” and the students would hear “all X are Y and none of Z are Y.”

Mandos

BTW the book whose cover graces the top of this post gets a positive review from the Euroconservative/Islamophobic site Brussels Journal.

One of those things that must be read to be believed.

daintydougal
daintydougal

“We will stop being men that are…useful to society”.
I would ‘joke’ that they have already achieved that goal, but really? They are really advocating ‘not being useful to society’? They really are just a bunch of grumpy selfish adolescents.

swankivy

Sooo . . . basically the best way for men to deal with the fact that The Women And Brown People Have Spoken is to . . . deliberately, childishly hurt as many members of the Lady Cult as possible, while seething and sulking and hating “the opposition” as they attempt to have sex with it?

And it’s always funny how these “Gamers” fancy themselves masters of something when they get laid. I guess they never realized that nearly all of the women they bag were there to get laid too – that they didn’t trick anyone or win anything. On the rare occasion that a PUA “Games” someone into sleeping with him when it was against her better judgment, the big joy he gets out of it is posting on a forum to tell everyone he put his wiener in someone. Oh, excuse me, “f-close,” since they have to have code words and silly abbreviations to make them feel like they are playing a complicated, respectable game.

Seriously. Go your own way, guys. I’m afraid it’s your misconception that anyone will miss you.

daintydougal
daintydougal

@Mandos
I started reading that review with delight but then realised that it’s longer than the complete works of Shakespeare. Some of the comments are fairly illuminating though. Someone mentioned how young men at University all look gay now, the classic response:

“Yes, God help us, I have noticed this and for a long time. It is not merely a case of effeminate affectations like earrings and body-piercings. It is physiological – a kind of repulsive softness or fleshiness, often as actual corpulence; and it is again perceptible in the flabby self-presentation and in the verbal reliance on emotive, rather than logical or evidentiary, speech. But there is a complement to the phenomenon, just as alarming. Many college girls are coarse and unfeminine even as they adopt a blatantly “sexy” self-presentation. (Drawn, it would appear, from MTV’s “Jersey Shore.”) However, I observe no verbal counterpart to this “hardening” of the female. In their discourse, the women are as emotion-driven and oblivious to logic and evidence as the men.”

Indeed.

Falconer

Or that map of racist tweets showing that the South sent the lion’s share?

I hadn’t, but it’s no surprise to me. I’m a white guy in Tennessee, other white guys think I’m safe to let it all hang out around. Not to mention every street seems to have at least one Confederate flag or vehicle decal around here.

This, of course, is no evidence for race relations above the Ohio, but Justice Roberts is all, “you mean to say you think Southerners are more likely to try to disenfranchise minorities than Northerners? You BIGOT!” so I’m reeeeeeeeeeeeeal glad the Chief Justice position isn’t based on seniority so Bush got to appoint some lightweight to it.

Myoo
Myoo

[…] It is physiological – a kind of repulsive softness or fleshiness, often as actual corpulence; and it is again perceptible in the flabby self-presentation […]

Wait, I thought only gay men cared about their looks, now it’s the other way around? I wish they’d just pick a stereotype and stick with it.

inurashii
inurashii

These MRAs are working so hard to try to keep my spirits up during NaNoWriMo; I really appreciate it.

swankivy
Reply to  inurashii

Cool, you’re doing NaNoWriMo, good luck. I always get sort of irrationally jealous of people who are engaged in it, even though I have a lot of reasons for not doing it.

Falconer

inurashii
inurashii

@swan, I hope you find some other way to spur your creativity if this doesn’t work for you!

I am in fact really excited about this NaNo entry, since it’s the 2nd half of the book that I won with last year, and will be my 2nd self-published book once it’s done. 🙂

swankivy
Reply to  inurashii

Heh, actually the reasons I don’t participate in NaNo are the opposite of what most people think they are. I write really, really fast as a general rule, and need no external motivation to do so (I think my “record” was a 155,000-word novel in 2 weeks, not that I was trying to prove anything). I’ve written nine complete novels. November sucks for me as far as writing goes, and the last thing I need is another hastily written rough draft sitting around for me to edit. But I love watching all my friends who write get really jazzed about it, get the courage/motivation/support they need (whatever it is that draws them to the program), and experience the joy of just pounding it out and turning off their inner editor! So that whole camaraderie kinda makes me wish I was caught up in it, even though it’s by my own choice that I’m not.

Good luck with your book. I’m pursuing traditional publishing with one of mine now–haven’t self-published anything, but am not interested in trying. I’d make a crappy self-marketer.

inurashii
inurashii

Wull good luck with agent-shopping and deal-closing! I look forward to reading your book 🙂

Melody

Don’t you know when you don’t get your way you should stop helping your community because that will teach all those people who don’t agree with you.

It is kinda like when they talk about about holding doors open for people and say they don’t do that because they want to treat feminists as equals. Because apparently ONLY men hold open doors for people. Females just let them slam in other peoples faces. You should hold open doors as a courtesy. Just like standing when all the seats are taken so that those less able bodied can sit. You should hold the elevator when you see someone trying to catch it. These aren’t gender specific. People should do them as a courtesy for the people around you.

Mandos

Falconer: “Whatever that thing is around Purple Lipstick Woman’s neck, it is apparently integral to lending her support when her underwear isn’t merely strapless but appears to lack everything except the cups.”

If you read the review I posted, it’s apparently in the novel! She goes to the salon to get her breasts “lacquered.” So. Awesome.

swankivy
Reply to  inurashii

inurashii, thanks for the well-wishes! I’m not agent shopping though–happily I am out of the query trenches and my agent is submitting to publishers and stuff. I have two statements of interest from big publishers at the moment and am gnawing my fingernails a lot waiting for them to get around to rejecting me (okay, I kid, I kid, trying to think positively, but it is very hard).

lol forever
lol forever

You [women] all need to understand in no uncertain terms, women MRAs despise you, they think little of you. They believe you brutish and violent flighty and irresponsible, bull headed, and fundamentally stupid. The see you as big children that must be controlled and disciplined in order make you useful to them. And if you are not useful to them, if you do not provide those things that they wish from you, actually, more correct to say, those things they need from you, then you will not be a part of their lives.

There, now it’s much more accurate than the original.

lol forever
lol forever

My strikeouts didn’t work. 🙁 Whoops.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

a kind of repulsive softness or fleshiness, often as actual corpulence

Is it just me that thinks that reads like H.P. Lovecraft’s writing style?