on the tv oppressed white men patriarchy playing the victim racism

On Fox News, the painful realization that white dudes are no longer the center of everything

Up all night. Too tired to scan the manosphere for weird reactions to Obama’s victory.

But here are some scenes from last night as a couple of backwards white dudes attempted to come to terms with the new demographic realities that enabled Obama to win the election despite getting a smaller percentage of the white vote than Michael Dukakis did in 1988.

Karl Rove, on Fox News, responded to the new realities with good old-fashioned denial, arguing with the number-crunchers for Fox after they called Ohio as a win for Obama. Rove must have thought he’d bought the election good and square!

Bill O’Reilly, meanwhile, responded with, well,  there’s really no other word for it than racism:

Also, while we’re talking demographics, here’s a nice pithy breakdown of the gender gap, from ABC news:

Women favored Obama by 11 points while men backed Romney by 7; the gender gap has been bigger just once, in 2000 (when men were +11 Bush and women were +11 Gore). Add in marital status and the gaps become garish: Married men for Romney by 60-38 percent; unmarried women (younger, more Democratic, more aligned with Obama on social and role-of-government issues) backed the incumbent by 67-31 percent.

Grouchy entitled white dudes, get used to it.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Ha ha, he said

If I meet a Democrat in my life from here on out, I will shun them immediately. I will spit on the ground in front of them, being careful not to spit in their general direction so that they can’t charge me with some stupid little nuisance law. Then I’ll tell them in no un-certain terms: “I do not associate with Democrats. You all are communist pigs, and I have nothing but utter disgust for you. Sir/Madam, you are scum of the earth.” Then I’ll turn and walk the other way.

Oh dear, it just breaks my heart that a guy like him doesn’t want to be my friend. I think I’ll cry myself to sleep over that.

One of his commenters said

Then we are done. Secession or leave.

Talk about sore losers. Why does everything have to be so melodramatic? And if the red states secede, then I have to figure out a way to sneak into one of the blue states. (Of course I know they’re all talk, but I’m just making the point that I don’t want to be in a country run by Randroids.)

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

@Falconer

It’s a metaphorical sandpaper.

Falconer
Falconer

@CWS: I was being silly. I thought just this once, putting in a /snark tag would ruin the joke. Sorry!

Shaenon

I’d like to see how he would describe a single dad who needs help to feed his kids.

If he has a tattoo, NO FOOD FOR HIS CHILDREN. That’s the rule!

princessbonbon

Ron Paul Constitutionalist who recognizes the evils of Islam/blockquote>

The guy he wants to have cover his blog is a Constitutionalist who at the same time wants to possibly ban those of a different religion?

What a shocker!

hellkell
hellkell

This Eric idiot doesn’t know what communism is, imagine that.

princessbonbon

Oh this guy is a goldmine of nuttery and also lack of knowledge about the law which is typical for these types:

But you could have your dog take care of business. Not your fault if he just happens to choose that particular spot.

Yes it is and if you fail to clean it up you can get cited and/or sued.

I will put the signs out on public property off of the right-of-way so it’s entirely legal

Check your local sign ordinances. Lots of cities have them and unless you are at a certain point prior to an election, expect them to be torn down by city officials. Eventually you will get cited if you keep it up.

ARS § A. A person commits assault by:

2. Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury; or

Spitting might count depending on what other wackadoodle thing you say.

Oh look. There we go-“turning and walking away” better be as you are saying it because those cops in that town you keep littering with your signs will be much more likely to cite you for all the times they had to deal with your dog pooping on the neighbor’s lawns so they have to come out and take reports. The constant signs that are everywhere and oh look, you just once again forced them to take their time away from their busy schedules of school D.A.R.E visits to tell you to quit it once again.

Oh and look at this gem in the comments:

That said, on Romney I think you’re dead wrong. He was the ideal candidate for Republicans. We couldn’t have done any better. Good looking, hot lookin’ wife. Well spoken. Fiscal not social conservative. Northeast ties, also from the Mid-west. It’s almost like he came out of central casting.

Gag.

princessbonbon

Jim, that’s a seductive argument, until I think about that suburban Philadelphia female voter, or that Latina who lives in Orlando. They hate confrontation.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*gasps for breath*

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

@Falconer

I kinda guessed, I just couldn’t think of any other response. Also, I don’t have any sandpaper.

princessbonbon

That Damon character in the comments is pretty funny:

Remember when Obama was governor of every state and he pushed those state seat-belt laws through?! The Libertarian Club said I was the world’s best libertarian for fighting against it, but I was too modest to accept the award!

*snerk*

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Hink someone here has forgotten their feminazi law. There are no single fathers. Children are the property of their mothers, by universal court decree. Men are immediately thrown in jail as child abusers and non payors of child support.

Gets a little difficult if mom dies though. Men being thrown in jail because we have NO MALE SINGLE PARENTS AT ALL.

clairedammit
clairedammit

he plans to boycott businesses that accept welfare money

So, he’s not going to buy groceries now?

Falconer

@Creative Writing Student: No sandpaper?! What barbarity have I fallen among! /silly

Falconer

Next you’ll be telling me you don’t even have a cordless 12″ drill with keyless chuck, variable speed and a flashlight! And you call yourself civilized!! /silly

Falconer

And a thing that tells time!

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

LOL, my bad, I need some more brainwashing from my feminist overladies. But if single dads did exist, of course they would deserve help. No help for single moms, though, because they ignored the lonely beta nice guys!

You know, looking at the conservative reactions to the election, it’s pretty clear the Republican party really is heading for a big split. The teavangelicals and Randroids are just not compatible enough to form a coalition anymore. They’re all pointing fingers at each other for the loss, but not realizing that they are both way far right of mainstream US voters.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

I could have those within 24 hours through legal means.

3 hours, if I felt like breaking into an independantly-owned hardware shop late at night. 😛

(CWS does not advocate the incredibly convienient crime of robbery.)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

That’s the most interesting thing about all the various groups of right-wing wackos, the fact that they can simultaneously believe that they represent the majority of Americans, and also that America is run by feminists, communists, and Satanists.

Fitzy
Fitzy

CWS, if you lived in the U.S. you could get that any time of day at your local Walmart supercenter for an everyday low price. You could even wave at our new Libertarian Republican buddy, who will be there protesting the fact that the indigent are allowed to eat. Mind you dodge the spittle, though.

Falconer

CWS, I forget if you’ve ever said where you live, but if you don’t live anywhere near a 24-hour WalMart, you’re damn lucky. I think I maybe could get out of sight of one if I moved to North Dakota, where the only thing between me and the North Wind would be the odd cow or wendigo, and possibly a whole bunch of Canadians in the summer months.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Are there any stores that sell groceries where you can’t use food stamps? Even the farmer’s markets here often accept EBT cards.

(In fact iirc one of the local farmer’s marker groups has a cool program where EBT purchases are matched by the org that runs the markets, so basically people on food stamps get extra bang for their buck, which I thought was one of the better examples of how to help low-income people to eat healthily that I’ve seen so far.)

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

@Fitzy

As long as it is in walking distance. I’d probably have to get some wellie-boots to avoid the saliva.

… Now I’m entertaining ideas of becoming a classy, sassy gentleperson theif, which is probably a bad idea as I am clumsy and make Applejack look like a compulsive liar…

KathleenB
KathleenB

Falconer: When Wally World decided to build a Supercenter right across from our local Meijer, Meijer upped the ante and completely rebuilt their store so it faces the Wal Mart. And Meijer is holding strong, thank god – they’re union, have amazing prices, and don’t treat their employees like disposable placeholders. And I get to flip off Wal Mart every time I go grocery shopping!

cloudiah

I like to picture KathleenB and Eric Dondero flipping off the same Wal Mart at the same time, but for different reasons.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

@Falconer

I live in the Kingdom of Wessex, so no Wal-Marts. There’s a 24hour ASDA (A part of the Wal-Mart family they proclaim, and possibly multiple portals to sensory hell) over in the next town.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ Kathleen

That reminds me – California people (not sure how far south this particular chain reaches), be aware that Nob Hill Supermarkets/Raley’s is currently indulging in a spot of union-busting. You may want to show the workers some support by boycotting the stores for a while.

inurashii
inurashii

Aw man. Hope this doesn’t catch on.

Because if some ignant motherfucker decides that it’s a good idea to pull out a speech about mooches around me, I will start a fight with his fool ass.

inurashii
inurashii

<— may have a reputation for confronting strangers who are rude to service staff

cloudiah

And Eric Dondero is interviewed by NY Magazine.

I’m done with any and all Democrats in my life for good. And trust me on this. I’ve just had a pretty intense experience with someone close to me today, someone I’ve known since childhood. It’s hard for me not to respond to this person. Very, very hard. But so far, I’ve held. If there is one person out there who I would break down my rule for it is this person. Lifelong friend. East Coast in fact. It’s been 24 hours and I’m still holding strong. this person read the original piece I wrote. The email response from this individual sits in my in-box. I almost responded twice today. Even started writing the reply. But I pulled back. I am truly hoping that this person sends me an email with the following message in the Subject line: I have left the Democrat Party and will never vote Democrat again.

Also, this is pretty funny.

whataboutthemoonz

liberalism like libertarianism

Libertarians are liberal?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahahahahahhhh……

If I meet a Democrat in my life from here on out, I will shun them immediately… I’ll tell them in no un-certain terms: “I do not associate with Democrats. You all are communist pigs, and I have nothing but utter disgust for you. Sir/Madam, you are scum of the earth.” Then I’ll turn and walk the other way.

Heheh. Suuuuuure you will, buddy. Suuuuuuure.

KathleenB
KathleenB

cloudiah: Gods, I hope I don’t live in the same town as that whiny gasbag!

thenatfantastic

Eeek! I’ve just been watching CSI and some dude was defending taking crotch-shots of women at the mall, and he said it wasn’t his fault because the women “all wear see-through tops, mini-skirts and show their bellies”!!!

HE IS CLEARLY OWLY.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

It’s hard not to shop at Wal-Mart if the other grocery stores are more expensive. Aldi’s is cheaper, but they don’t have everything you might need. I get as much possible from Aldi’s and then anything else from Walmart because it’s too much gas to go to three other grocery stores to buy what’s on sale, when Wally World will just ad match them all. Food prices keep going up, so what can people do?

Wal-Mart also donated clothing and toiletries to my family last year, so even though they do a lot of bad, they do some good. I guess I’d feel guilty to criticize them too much when they helped my family, and their corporate offices provide nice jobs in Arkansas. They pay so much state taxes that they hold a lot of sway over the Ak state legislature. They were the power behind making Benton country wet, much to the dismay of Missouri liquor store owners on the state border.

Don’t get me wrong. I know it’s not a saintly business by a long shot, but they do have some good qualities.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Today I am wearing skinny jeans and a sweater that covers my belly and goes up to my neck. I guess I’m actually a man?

chibigodzilla

In other news, Orson Scott Card is still an asshole:

Who wants to mess with this guy by sending him emails with confusing or intriguing subject lines?

SUBJECT: Left my keys at your place

SUBJECT: I’m engaged!

SUBJECT: Guess what…

SUBJECT: Ice cream party!

SUBJECT: Run, they’re after you!

SUBJECT: Sleeping with your wife

SUBJECT: Want a puppy?

SUBJECT: Where to hid the body

Etc, etc.

It’s like the Buckingham Palace guards.

princessbonbon

Most fiction writers realise that reality is not what they write. Not him apparently.

princessbonbon

Subject: Better get tested, mine was positive.

thenatfantastic

@chibigodzilla

You have to attack Fox News and sneer at them and accuse them of bias, don’t you — because they’re actually doing the job you merely pretend to do. They shame you by their genuinely balanced coverage, so you have to lie and accuse them of being what you are: ideological hacks, providing propaganda in order to advance a cause, while hiding the unhelpful truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0 (please embed, please embed)

The rest of it reads like Bored Sticky, have we found his secret identity?

thenatfantastic

God DAMN I said please!

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

You knew that Obama lied to cover up this culpable negligence, and then lied about lying. You had the video, CBS, which you could have aired immediately after the second debate, exposing him for the liar that he is.

What’s he even referring to?

And all the rest of you — you gave it minimal mention, you played it down, you treated it as nothing, though you know that if you had caught Romney in such a lie two days before the election, you would have played that footage continuously and condemned his lies in tones of shocked outrage.

So why did Romney keep getting away with that “half of the companies Obama funded failed” lie?

Even though his administration, his FEMA, did at least as badly as the Bush administration did after Katrina, and with far less excuse, you did not run endless coverage of the people’s suffering, the way you did with Bush.

Yeah, he even did so badly that the Mainstream Media-Industrial Complex got a hostile governor from the opposing party to praise his efforts. They are sinister, powerful, and everywhere.

We have an exact comparison now. We know that you air negative video and print negative stories only when you don’t like the president involved; when you support the president, when he’s on your team, you downplay the negatives, you find other people to blame. You become “impartial.”

“With horse-race stories removed, 15% of campaign stories about Obama were positive, 32% were negative and 53% were mixed. For Romney it was 14% positive, 32% negative and 55% mixed.”

tl;dr: Orson Scott Card is still a douche.

Oh, Orson Scott Card. Nostalgia Chick was so right about you.

freitag235
freitag235

All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty.

Oh dear dog. Get over it. One election didn’t go your way and you’re coming completely unglued. What a douchebag. Cut yourself off from family and friends because one single election didn’t go the way you wanted it to? This is not normal and it is not a healthy response. Yeah, the black guy got re-elected. Take a deep breath and say it out loud. See? The flesh did not melt off your face.

I don’t recall the Democrats freaking out like this in ’04. (Yes, there was a lot of freakout, but not to the extent of disowning their families and friends. More like “oh dear dog wtf just happened? I can’t believe people were that stupid.”) This guy…

Crap. My brain hurts now.

Here’s the same thing, only really cute:

Fitzy
Fitzy

Yes, because emotional blackmail is the best way to sway people’s political decisions.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Also this

By sheer luck, the Republicans transcended themselves and offered us a decent, intelligent, moderate, honest man of proven ability.

LOLZ

skeptifem

Orson scott card is reacting a lot more rationally than a shit load of other mormons around these parts, actually. A lot of them are telling their kids that the End Times are near and tuning up their food stores.

freitag235
freitag235

We survived Bush. You folks will survive Obama. Take a deep breath and get the fuck over it.

Fitzy
Fitzy

I don’t recall the Democrats freaking out like this in ’04.

I didn’t pitch this big a hissy, Frietag, but that was probably because A) there wasn’t the social media presence then, and B) I was so depressed for about a week afterwards that it was all I could do to drag my sorry butt to work. So melodramatically disowning my in-laws or whipping eggs at F150’s with those little crossed-out flipflops stickers was out of the question.