antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? creep-shaming creepy dozens of upvotes false accusations gullibility misogyny MRA oppressed men pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles reddit shit that never happened

If you stand for Men’s Rights, you’ll fall for anything

Gullibility, thy name is Men’s Rights Subreddit.

So, a day or so ago, a troll graced r/mensrights with a tale of imaginary woe about a bad breakup and its aftermath that seemed was designed to push a whole bunch of Men’s Rights hotbuttons all at once.

Lo and behold, the locals bit, and in the process revealed not only their incredible gullibility but also what you might call a highly blinkered view of modern relationships and social etiquette.

Today the troll fessed up, but not before the r/mensrights crowd, taking his tale for the truth, offered him some truly terrible advice laced with lots of righteous indignation.

Here’s the not-exactly-believable story the troll told them:

A few weeks back I was casually seeing a woman (a FWB, really) and let’s just say she was hirsute. Hirsute to the point where when I was doing her doggystyle and looked at her back it kinda seemed like a guy and it really turned me off. I broke it off, telling her that I simply wasn’t attracted enough to fulfill my end of the bargain, she freaked out and asked if it was because of the hair. I should have lied, but I didn’t.

If this had been real, it would of course have been a textbook example of how not to break up with someone. (Hint: Don’t ever tell anyone you’re breaking up with them because you think they’re too hairy, even if they are the dog-faced boy. Especially if you are literally having sex with them at the time.)

But that was not the part of the story that enraged the r/mensrighters. This was:

Fast forward to today. I was chatting up another woman and asked her if she wanted to go out for dinner some time. Turns out she is a friend of woman #1 and read me the riot act about how I was a pig and a pedophile for wanting a hairless partner. Of course, I never said that I wanted a hairless partner, just that a bunch of body hair doesn’t do it for me. There was no reasoning with her (and I obviously wasn’t going to get the date) so I tried to end the conversation, but she actually yelled after me “Watch out for the pedophile!” …

I really don’t get it. I was upfront with the original woman and she went apeshit, going so far as lying to her friend who then made a whole damn Starbucks look at me like I was a criminal. Now I can’t go back there because it was just too damn embarrassing. It shouldn’t OK for women to accuse men of things like this when they feel they’ve been wronged, especially when the “wronging” came down to a matter of taste.

Cue the angry mob!

Well, not quite yet. The OP also included a helpful summary at the end of his post:

TLDR: Gave a girl the boot over her barbaloot suit, then her friend wouldn’t give me the loot. Shoot!

Ok, NOW cue the angry mob. Some highlights from the thread; click on the yellow comments to see them in their original context.

A few commenters refused to join the mob, and were downvoted for showing signs of sense:

Evidently Dale Carnegie is some sort of mangina.

Advice from ladies was especially unwelcome:

The only dude in the thread who doubted the OP’s unbelievable tale was the MRA and r/mensrights regular who calls himself C0CKPUNCHER – and you can see what that got him.

Guys, if a dude called C0CKPUNCHER is your voice of reason, your “human rights movement” may have a problem.

Any MRAs reading this who want my CONFIDENTIAL REPORT on how to become less gullible, please send $50 to my Paypal account.

indifferentsky

steele made me lol.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Also, here are some butterflies on a curry leaf plant. But they’re tiger butterflies, so…

khantron
khantron

For the record, SRS ignores MR because they’re low hanging fruit since they were declared a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

cloudiah

Lettuce-loving kitties are adorable.

Cthulhu's Intern

This is late, but am I reading this wrong, or does Steely think that “manslaughter” means “killing a male person?”

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

CI, I was wondering why he chose “manslaughter” and not just “murder.” Now that you bring it up, it seems plausible that he might be using it that way.

2-D Man
2-D Man

Can this meme die already? That’s not what happened. The SPLC just pointed out that there are some hateful fucks writing a large portion of the loose collection of blogs that like to call themselves the Men’s Rights Movement. That’s it. There isn’t even enough to the MRM to call a group, let alone a hate group.

cloudiah

2-D Man, you are way too reality-based for the Internet.

2-D Man
2-D Man

To be fair, if one were to get charged for encouraging a depressed person to commit suicide, they’d probably be charged with manslaughter as opposed to murder because intent is hard to prove and manslaughter would more likely result in a conviction, assuming that such a situation resulted in a trial.

So maybe behind that repetitive droning from Steele lies a keen legal mi-ahahahahahahaHA!

2-D Man
2-D Man

I ‘aspose it’s a character flaw, cloudiah.

Cthulhu's Intern

2-D Man, I don’t really see how that is relevant to what either of us were saying, but I’m “encouraging a depressed person to commit suicide” not manslaughter or murder? Now, I’m no legal expert, most of my knowledge of the law comes from one Criminal Justice 101 class, but I’m pretty sure that manslaughter has to be when someone actually kills someone, as in, does the act that causes the victim to be dead, but without malicious intent of murder. I’m not even sure if what you said would cause someone to be charged with anything in a court of law. Which is definitely not a good thing, though.

CassandraSays

Here, have a kitten adorably attacking a man’s hand. Seems to be a female kitten too, so bonus misandry.

CassandraSays

Or, for maximum aww value…

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::turns to little puddle of awwwwws::

CassandraSays

This kitten is sad because its person is making it listen to such shitty music. See how it tries to escape?

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

Trolls come in to /mr all day long and 99.9% of them are smoked out immediately.

Your movement is nothing BUT trolls

Paul Elam is a miserable troll

r/mensrights is moderated by a women-hating troll named AnnChrist

You yourself are trolling this website right now, because thats the closest thing MRAs know to real activism.

CassandraSays

Adorable kitty plays fetch.

Note that it appears to be smarter than most of our trolls.

CassandraSays

In case Cloudiah is still depressed, let’s bring out the big guns.

Maru gets a manicure:

CassandraSays

I feel like we could use this one as a counterargument to trolls of the sky-is-falling-feminism-ruins-everything persuasion.

Cadence
Cadence

Bookmarked for kitties, to be held in reserve for a time of great need.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I really hope this embeds … my first attempt to upload to YouTube. This is Maddie playing in February last year. The fad for that toy has long since ended …

Cthulhu's Intern

I’m not sure how to embed, and this isn’t a cat, but look at how excited this dog is!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LOL only a dog would run into those cascading tennis balls!

blitzgal

The cat snuggling the baby, their feet intertwined, is about to make me cry at work. (Cry of cuteness)

Nathan Hevenstone

Am I the only one who thought this would be a follow-up post to the MGHOW who had a “good relationship with call-girls” and a really long non-sexual relationship with another girl and one-night-stands with married women on long trips?

I mean, I knew his tale was bogus, but I was wondering if it was bogus on purpose…

Guess not…

Anyways…

Led Zeppelin – Earl’s Court (1975) – “Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp”

(I don’t know how to embed YouTube videos here… how do you do that?)

ShadetheDruid

Nathan: All you have to do is paste in the full link (with the http bit included.. just make sure it’s “http” and not “https” otherwise it’ll throw a tantrum).

drst
drst

I think (and this is based on tv and movies, not any law experience) that trying to convince someone to commit suicide is criminal solicitation of some form. Trying to convince another person to do something unlawful is criminal solicitation, whether the person actually does it or not.

Nathan Hevenstone

Hm…

If this fails, ShadetheDruid, I blame you… :p

Nathan Hevenstone

It worked! Yay!

I still blame you, ShadetheDruid, but at least it’s a thank you… 😀

Enjoy one of the best performances of THE greatest song in the world… 😀

clairedammit
clairedammit

Aww, Maddie is precious!

I would like to take more videos of my boys, but my house is so dark. I suppose I could take some videos with my Rebel instead of my phone…

clairedammit
clairedammit

Oh, and does the picture in the post remind anyone else of Uncle Rico?

Gosh!

popcornculturejunkie
popcornculturejunkie

clairedammit: Love the munchkin kitteh vids…by strange coincidence, I happen to own a munchkin cat myself. 😀

nwoslave

Gullible??? One in five women are sexually assaulted in college. Women make 76 cents for every dollar a man makes. Women have always been oppressed. Gender is socialized, not inherent. Women never lie.

SkyBorn Rocket
SkyBorn Rocket

It was believable right up until the pedophile bit. Though the tl;dr should have cued ANYONE off to the fact that this was a troll. No one upset over something like this would concoct a flippant rhyme-y phrase to summarize what happened for their chosen hugbox on the internet.

Also, the blowup in the thread was amusing. Of COURSE a blog that focuses on misogyny is going to talk about misogyny and not, I dunno, cock sock knitting or whatever else happens in subreddit.

cloudiah

So many wonderful videos! Thank you all!

cloudiah

I feel like I should give back, so

Howard Bannister
Howard Bannister

Hmmm. So your counter is that none of these things are true? Citation needed.

Except for that last one. I’m totally okay with admitting women are lying liars who lie.

I just trust them more than men, who have more reason to lie.

Karalora
Karalora

NWO, remind me – who made the claim that women never lie? Because I don’t think anyone here would agree with that statement.

Oh, wait…is this one of those occasions where you are only capable of understanding a given statement and its polar opposite, but none of the vast spectrum inbetween? So you claim that women always lie, and we say “That’s not true,” and you equate it with a claim that women never lie? Is that what’s happening here?

howardbann1ster

Agh, I did it again. I replied to NOW.

Hey, dude. How you been? Still not drinking? You know it says in the Bible:

1 Timothy 4
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

That’s on meat, but add in what God said in the Old Testament if you couldn’t give your tithe to the priest:

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the LORD thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the LORD thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the LORD thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:
25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose:
26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,

Dueteronomy 14, naturally.

And once more:

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Colossians 3.

So… wanna talk about it?

howardbann1ster

@karalora

If you say you’ll believe a woman’s claim that she was raped over a man’s claim that he didn’t rape her, then obviously you’re saying WOMEN NEVER LIE.

howardbann1ster

PS: I am terribly sorry about dumping a bunch of KJV quotes on everybody, just because I want to confirm the hypothesis that NWO won’t even engage anything, even subjects he’s supposed to enjoy. I can’t help it!!!

Hank
Hank

Led Zep – cock rock – knobulosity abounds. Even in real life.

Nathan Hevenstone

Woah woah woah…

Led Zeppelin cock rock? Don’t be confusing them with Eddie Van Halen, thank you very much…

Not to say they didn’t inspire that shit (sadly, they did), but LZ are the last of the best.

Hank
Hank

Did I say I didn’t like them. Perspective. But not too much perspective.

Nathan Hevenstone

Oh, I wasn’t commenting on whether or not you liked them. I just don’t think they classify as actual cock rock. They unfortunately inspired it, yes, but I don’t think it can directly apply to them.

Although, I have to admit a bias upfront: I’m kinda obsessed with Led Zeppelin’s music. I collect it, and not just the officially released stuff. I’m a proud Led Zeppelin apologist, too (which means that, yes, I tend to defend they’re at times indefensible stealing of other people’s music). They are my all-time favorite band and I listen to them every single day.

They tend to “steal” a significant portion of my paycheck…

Yeah… I pre-ordered Celebration Day (the official release of their 2007 reunion with Jason Bonham [John Bonham’s son] on drums). And I saw it in the theaters on October 17th. The sound in the theater was crap, but beyond that, it was awesome. Then again, I’d already seen it, as I have 15 audio sources and 8 video sources of the reunion show… all audience recordings, of course. Depressingly, I was unable to go, because of that stupid lottery system, but…

Uh…

Er…

I did not mean to go off on that tangent.

Sorry…

😀

Hank
Hank

Hey no need to apologise – as I said, I love a bit of Zep but I don’t like them as much as they liked themselves – and they have legions of acolytes. In the meantime, for your delight and delectation.

Links, how are they done?

Hank
Hank

P.S. I like guitar wanging. It always makes me laugh.

talacaris
talacaris

Weak bible verses here are some better giving a descirption of the pious lifestyle

Luke 14:26

King James Version (KJV)

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Matthew 10
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Jeremiah 3:9
And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.

Leviticus 19:29
Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.

Hosea 2:4
And I will not have mercy upon her children; for they be the children of whoredoms.

Judges 19

22 Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

23 And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.

24 Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man’s house where her lord was, till it was light.

27 And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold.

28 And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an ass, and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place.

29 And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.

Judges 21

5 And the children of Israel said, Who is there among all the tribes of Israel that came not up with the congregation unto the Lord? For they had made a great oath concerning him that came not up to the Lord to Mizpeh, saying, He shall surely be put to death.

6 And the children of Israel repented them for Benjamin their brother, and said, There is one tribe cut off from Israel this day.

7 How shall we do for wives for them that remain, seeing we have sworn by the Lord that we will not give them of our daughters to wives?

8 And they said, What one is there of the tribes of Israel that came not up to Mizpeh to the Lord? And, behold, there came none to the camp from Jabeshgilead to the assembly.

9 For the people were numbered, and, behold, there were none of the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead there.

10 And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.

11 And this is the thing that ye shall do, Ye shall utterly destroy every male, and every woman that hath lain by man.

12 And they found among the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead four hundred young virgins, that had known no man by lying with any male: and they brought them unto the camp to Shiloh, which is in the land of Canaan.

13 And the whole congregation sent some to speak to the children of Benjamin that were in the rock Rimmon, and to call peaceably unto them.

14 And Benjamin came again at that time; and they gave them wives which they had saved alive of the women of Jabeshgilead: and yet so they sufficed them not.

howardbann1ster

….but shockingly have absolutely nothing to do with the ongoing conversations we’ve been sorta almost having vis a vis alcohol.

Hank
Hank

Friday night is alcohol night. Anything can happen.