a voice for men drama kings evil women false accusations girl germs hypocrisy MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men paranoia shit that never happened

A Man Going His Own Way explains his quite possibly imaginary life

Another good reason to avoid strange women.

Over on the A Voice for Men forums – yes, they have forums – one Man Going His Own Way spells out exactly what he means by His Own Way. Here’s misterbill:

For me, MGTOW has three major components:

1. Refusal to cohabitate with a woman

2. Avoidance of fatherhood like the plague

3. Avoidance of being alone in a room with a strange woman (for fear of false accusations)

These are the core elements, IMO.

I’m not celibate, I get sexual satisfaction from several call-girls that I’ve built good rapport with over a few years. I’ll visit one of these women whenever I feel like it, usually once a month or so.

I have what I would describe as a female companion who others would describe as my girlfriend. We don’t have sex, not because I’m not attracted to her, but because my fear of possibly getting her pregnant petrifies me beyond belief. So we hang out 2 days a week and have very nice times together, going on about 5 years. She understands my beliefs and that we will never live together and that I don’t believe in the myth of love.

So I’m MGHOW, but not without women.

I’m 41 and fairly wealthy. In my 20s and through to of my early 30s ( although I wasn’t a PUA) I studied game theory and in combination with other aspects of my life, I had no trouble getting laid. Then a woman made a false accusation against me (and was further slandered by another), and I began to wake up to the perils of having sex with (and interacting with) strange women. The risks outweighed the benefits, and I turned to going my own way.

I travel on business frequently and the one exception to my rule with being alone with strange women is the easy pickings while traveling. There is a rule amongst many women that if you’re 500 miles away from home, it’s not cheating. I see this a lot with many married women. Gents, her vows mean NOTHING once she gets on a plane without you. Although I wouldn’t allow any of these women into my home, I accept the risk when I’m traveling. And there is always a risk of running into a psycho who is ready to explode.

I don’t really have any jokes here.  But I will note that his story doesn’t make a lick of sense; I find it literally unbelievable.

He’s so paranoid about women because of a “false accusation” leveled against him back when he pursued women using “game theory” that he literally refuses to be in the same room with “strange women” – or even interact with them. Yet when he’s traveling he suggests he routinely has sex with “strange” married women. Huh? These women could still get pregnant; these women could still make accusations, false or otherwise, against him.  Does he feel safe because he can skip town in a hurry to avoid the possible consequences of his actions?

He’s (allegedly) been involved in a 2-day-a-week relationship, for five years, with a woman he’s sexually attracted to. But he refuses to have sex with her because he’s terrified of getting her pregnant.  If he’s that worried about getting her pregnant, and generally wants to “avoid … fatherhood like the plague,” why doesn’t he get a vasectomy? If, after he sleeps with a married woman in a strange city, she gets pregnant with his child, does he simply assume she’ll never be able to track him down?

I’m going to assume that most if not all of what misterbill is saying here is bullshit. But if he does indeed live his life in way that even vaguely resembles how he says he does, it’s a rather sad and strange and paranoid way to live.

CassandraSays

OTOH if his presence here is making Amanda uncomfortable/less likely to comment then sure, banhammer him, just because she’s more interesting to have around than he is.

Shiraz
Shiraz

Wow. Wow. And finally, WOW!

You certainly are delivering the truth, and handing us a resume of your many bans proves it. Once again, thanks. Also, I’m not certain what it is you want from the Man Boobz gang. I dunno, what, negative attention is better than no attention? Naw, never mind, I don’t care. Anybody else want a snack. I know I sure do.

Otis the Sweaty
Otis the Sweaty

pssh. Yeah right. Nobody is interested in anything Amanda has to say. She can’t write unless she’s plagiarizing Latina bloggers. If there was a secret ballot on who goes and who stays I would win even with this crowd.

whataboutthemoonz

Dude, why are you here?

To bring you the Truth.

Okay, I’ll bite. What is the Truth that you want to share?

CassandraSays

Otis, my dishwasher is currently running, and it’s more interesting to listen to than you are. If you intend to stick around you might at least try to be more entertaining.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

pssh. Yeah right. Nobody is interested in anything Amanda has to say

No, of course not. I mean, she’s only published on -what?- two or three different websites and has had two books published, right? And, obviously you don’t care what she has to say. It’s not like you were bringing up your obsession with her long before she showed up in the comments section or anything.

Nepenthe

Cassandra, I dunno, his insistence that returning to someones blog nine-fucking-teen times after being banned is totally not stalkery was pretty amusing in that O.o sense.

CassandraSays

But that’s totally standard behavior for misogynist dumbasses on the internet. Not that it’s nice or appropriate, but it’s not exactly unique or in any way original enough to be interesting.

Nepenthe

True true. I’ll admit that I am extremely easily amused.

Otis the Sweaty
Otis the Sweaty

The first book she published was plagiarized. The other stuff nobody read (then again, nobody read the plagiarized one either, she can’t write even when she is stealing other people’s work). Her website is a joke that practically nobody reads and the other site she is published on is the ridiculous “XX” section of Salon, which even male libtards and most female SWPL’s don’t bother to read. She’s a hack, a liar and a coward who can’t write and hides behind using a bunch of swear words in a transparent attempt to seem edgy.

I wouldn’t call it an obsession. More of a recognition that she is the 2nd worst person on the planet (the worst being the guy who runs DailyKos). If anybody actually knew who she was the wider public would hate her as much as I do.

Historophilia
Historophilia

Yes what exactly is this Truth Otis? If you have an argument to make then please go ahead and make it.

Otis the Sweaty
Otis the Sweaty

The Truth is that women are inferior to men. I am here to help you all see the error of your ways and embrace the light.

Karalora
Karalora

The Truth is that women are inferior to men.

[citation needed]

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

Otis, your opinions about the quality/legitimacy/originality of Marcotte’s writing are absolutely irrelevant to your assertion that “…nobody is interested in anything she has to say…”. She’s earning a living as a writer. People care about what she has to say. You’re as jealous as you are obsessed.

No. Obviously not obsessed. Not a drop.

whataboutthemoonz

Can you state this as a logical argument? I assume this is the conclusion; what are your major and minor premises?

Nepenthe

Okay. Assume for the sake of argument that you’re right and women are inferior to men. What am I supposed to do now? Drop to my knees and offer your gym-sock-scented self a BJ? Learn to knit and make sandwiches? Drop out of college because contrary to all other indications I’m inferior to my male classmates? (It’s probably because of my inability to do pullups, I know. It’s really hard to do field collecting without the ability to pull yourself from a dead hang on top of a tree branch. And if you can’t do that, well, you’re pretty much worthless as a scientist.)

Advise us stupid and weak ladies, oh moist one.

freitag235
freitag235

Not much of a debate, Otis. Have you considered going into politics?

Nepenthe

Huh. Looks like the blog ate my comment or it’s in moderation. Is the slang for fellatio on the moderation list?

CassandraSays

Don’t get him started on the pull-ups again.

trix
trix

Are we sure that Otis isn’t a POE? I mean, that last statement was so overly ridiculous.

whataboutthemoonz

DAMMIT I WANNA ARGUE LOGISTICALLY WITH A TROLL WHY IS THIS TOO MUCH TO AAAAAAASK?! D:

blitzgal

You spend all that time explaining how irrelevant she is, then grant her the power of being the 2nd worst person on the planet. LOL.

indifferentsky

No, we would …let me be clear… *i* would not hate Amanda based on the irrelevant nonsense that you listed. Sounds like you want to control Amanda for having the audacity to say stuff and you spin every move she makes like someone that might need to be watched by the FBI. I regret joking about you being banned, and now vote that based on what you have disclosed, Otis, that you are banned. You are clearly an Amanda stalker, harasser and slanderer. I didn’t want to comment on this, but I feel guilty for my previous comment joking that you should be out of moderation.

Lawndart
Lawndart

“More of a recognition that she is the 2nd worst person on the planet (the worst being the guy who runs DailyKos).”

Man, if your list of “worst people on the planet” has some blogger anywhere in roughly the top several thousand or so, you really need to to better things with your Internet time than loafing around feminist sites bloviating about male supremacy, because your knowledge of the planet and the worst people upon it is, to put it mildly, a bit limited.

(Points up)

This comment is particularly funny given that I watched a movie about Idi Amin last night, and then after the movie we had a conversation about Stalin.

Integral
Integral

I wonder if this guy’s “girlfriend” considers herself his girlfriend, or more likely considers herself just a friend, or casual acquaintance, or the cashier at the store where he shops a couple times a week.

Integral
Integral

I read this story just one day after an anti-abortion protester actually stabbed someone seven times

But of course I’m sure this psycho calls himself “pro-life”.

Shaenon

I can see how very disinterested you are in Amanda. Please, tell us more about everything she’s ever written and every website where she posts.

Anyway, I’m so popular that if there were a secret ballot I would be named President of Manboobz and a twenty-pound smoked salmon would be shipped to my house free of charge. So there!

freitag235
freitag235

Shaenon, the salmon is on its way.

CassandraSays

I don’t have any salmon, but could I interest you in some pumpkin macarons?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

No, no, Shaenon, you can’t possibly be President of Manboobz when everyone KNOWS you stole the Book of Learnin’ from Owly!

Sandy

@Zanana
@Sandy, your comments about “a waste of good men” jolted me – do you really feel that way? It seems like a really utilitarian view of another person to suggest that their life is wasted if they aren’t doing a certain thing with it, such as marrying, or parenting, or working for the space program, or whatever. I think MGHOWs are funny, but I don’t begrudge them their autonomy in the slightest. If someone is doing what they want with their life, then it’s not wasted, IMO.

No zanana I did not mean to imply that these MGTOW men should get married or start dating women because it is a better path in life. Celibacy is as valid a path in life as any if that is your thing.
However, what I implied is that if some of these MGTOW guys just had a darn change of heart , attitude and not lump all women as bad inasmuch as a few have hurt them in the past, they may actually make good boyfriends.husbands to some women out there..

These inane MGTOW guys should realize that they are creating their own misery by being resentful to women and refusing to date.Perhaps these MGTOW guys are past the point of know return and will always be miserable in life or perhaps they have not met the right understanding woman who could help change their attitudes.
After all the dating world is so messed up these days, we need men and women out there who understand gender relations and what’s going on out there.

Zanana
Zanana

@Sandy,

Oh ok, that’s a different issue. I think you and I are coming from really different places if you think these guys sound like they’d make good boyfriends. (Unless you’re talking about some other MGTOWers I’ve never read about. Which, I don’t think that’s the case.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Sandy – they’d have to dump their entire misogynistic mindset to be worth spending any time with, and while it can happen, it’d take a lot more self-awareness and desire to change than most of them show.

Zanana
Zanana

Amen, The Kittehs’, it’s not just about misogyny – it’s the basic lack of empathy, of concern for fairness, of kindergarten-level ethics…

there’s gotta be other stuff wrong with someone if they can just demonize and dismiss half the world like that.

Lawndart
Lawndart

“Drew, I’m not sure where that gif is from, there wasn’t any contexxt for it that I remember.”

I’m pretty sure it’s a mis-subtitled bit from the video for the ’80s new wave semi-classic “I Eat Cannibals” by Total Coelo.

About a minute and a half into this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4O1A-mmBWw

I’m not sure if I should be proud or ashamed of myself for knowing that.

Thanks Dave!

Heeee! That comment was just step one in my grand plan to get you all to buy boner-enhancing sugar pills. I just wonder how the filter got me.

Lawndart, might as well be proud. Shame won’t make you forget the ’80s.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Aye to that! They’d say they were driven to it by CROOOL WIMMINZ but somehow I just don’t believe them. Even if their attitudes are formed by experience, it’s a hell of a leap from “I have trouble trusting women after having these bad relationships; I know there are nice women out there but I haven’t had a happy relationship yet” to “women are evil/subhuman/running the world/depriving all men/hypergamous/misandrist/shouldn’t be allowed to vote or own property or use birth control or have custody or … or …”

And it’s the latter that the MGTOW and MRM in general go for.

Vitamin D
Vitamin D

Oh wow, just got to the bit where it was we who got otis put on moderation, not his bad behavior. Nifty. And taking your harrasment of this amanda person over to this thread? Not going to fly. The ‘she just couldn’t handle the truth’ bit? Sounds suspiciously like a dude who was talking at someone. Perpetually and loudly. With friends. Dude, you are gross. Oh, and dude, social anxiety and other emotional disorders does not cause you to hate women. You cause you to hate women.

Shaenon

Rebecca Watson’s article on Slate is fantastic, but for the love of Non-God do not read the comments. The He-Man Woman-Haters Atheist Club is out in full force, eager and willing to prove every single point Watson makes in the article.

Vitamin D
Vitamin D

Ah man, Amanda stopped posting! Shit, I wanted to have a conversation with her, she seemed cool. I guess she’s one of those healthy people who comment once and then move on to another article. How boring.

Vitamin D
Vitamin D

link us up, shaenon- the trolls here are pretty dull

Falconer

Vitamin D, if you want to read what Amanda Marcotte has to say, she has a blog.

Vitamin D
Vitamin D

Thanks falconer, will do

Steele
Steele

Rebecca Watson is and remains a joke; the Slate article further cements said status. If you want an atheist/skeptic woman of substance, I’d take a gander at Abbie Smith, who blogs at “ERV” on NatGeo. She’s also the founder of the “Slyme Pit”, a loose collective of atheists working toward mutual goals of reason, science and humanism.

Nepenthe

Dear lord I’m so glad I wasn’t drinking when I read that. And now that I’ve read that, I wish I were drinking.

I didn’t realize that harassment campaigns were considered humanism now. Or are they science?

Falconer

Need we mention that the “Slyme Pit” absolutely abhors Watson and her defenders, including PZ Myers (him especially for “inviting Thunderf00t onto FTB with the intent of kicking him off again”)?

I still boggle at the notion you have that we take anything you have to say at face value.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

I read the article on Slate and skimmed through huge sections of the comments thread. As usual, Steele, you’re wrong. Is it possible that you read as poorly as you write?