antifeminism men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men reddit

The “boy crisis” in schools explained: “We dumbed it all down and added a healthy dose of ‘pretty’ to give the girls [an] advantage.”

Let’s take another quick trip over to the Men’s Rights subreddit to learn the dirty secret behind the superior performance of girls in schools these days: the machinations of unmuzzled feminists!

Funcuz, could you please show your work, as they say in school.

pecunium

It’s an interesting test. But to take it you have to go through the enlistment process.

You don’t have to enlist, but it’s a long day/couple of days, as well as several sessions with a recruiter.

Dvärghundspossen

The trend is the same in Sweden, boys do worse than girls in schools nowadays. It might be in part because studying hard for your grades is looked down upon among boys, and in part because teachers actually tend to grade boys lower than girls for the same achievements. (Just drawing on memory here, articles about this matter I’ve read in our morning paper.) I also read some researcher whose hypothesis about the latter was actually not that all teachers are misandrist feminazis, but rather that more girls than boys are perceived as nice and well-behaved, and this influences the setting of grades even when it’s not supposed to.
And these same qualities are probably just a big drawback once the girls leave school and try to get a career started.

I know there are also studies according to which the same university paper was graded higher with a male name on it. Nowadays on Stockholm University we have lots anonymous exams, which is one way of getting around this bias. Obviously the same technique could be used when the bias is against boys. And then work on those stupid norms that tell boys studying isn’t cool.

Anyway, boys getting lower grades IS a legitimate problem, just like women earning less is a legitimate problem. And still… they can’t even discuss a real and legitimate problem without falling into incoherent nonsense.

Historophilia
Historophilia

@Hershele Ostropoler

The exam regulations now state that all timed exams must be written in the snow with no hands.

AB
AB

Interestingly, in Denmark it turned out that the gendered pattern is stronger for the children of immigrants than native Danes. So immigrant boys do worse than native Danish boys, and immigrant girls do better than native Danish girls. At least for this years examinations. It could be that immigrant boys are discriminated against more than immigrant girls, but that doesn’t explain why the immigrant girls do better than Danish girls.

Personally, I suspect that being raised with the attitude “You’re not that smart, you should listen instead of talking, and don’t expect to get away with saying something you can’t back up” is going to lead to better grades than “You’re amazingly brilliant and special, feel free to let out as much crap as you want to, and interrupt the female members of your family while doing it”. I saw quite a few guys screw things up for themselves because they refused to acknowledge that they might be the problem, and therefore never bettered themselves. Some of the girls in my class reeked of insecurity, to the point where it probably wasn’t healthy, but at least they tended to work hard trying to learn the things they found difficult.

SkyBorn Rocket
SkyBorn Rocket

Not sure about SAT/ACT/etc math being the type that you never use again. I use it a lot. Then again, I’m an engineering major, and the math used in those tests were usually the type that was later expanded on into other forms that had integration in them.

Also, weirdest and most annoying test I’ve ever had: derive the evolution of the temperature profile of a metal rod over time that has one end in a fire from first principles (i.e. no just assuming Newton’s Law of cooling for you buddy). Closed notes, no calculator.

SkyBorn Rocket
SkyBorn Rocket

Oh, and I too would dearly like to learn what schools I could get extra points on my stuff for drawing things on the paper. I’d finally have an excuse to keep me learning how to draw, who cares if it’d look ‘girly’ turning it in, high grades increase my likelihood of a good job, and nothing is “manlier” for a guy that a well paying and rewarding career which is dependent on a good college (a decent amount of the time), which is dependent on good grades, etc, etc.

Kim
Kim

and nothing is “manlier” for a guy that a well paying and rewarding career

Things would be simpler if this was seen as ‘grown-up-lier’. Not that you need a well paid career to be a grown up. So I guess that wouldn’t work after all.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

@pillowinhell: The only place I’ve found the “one exam at the end of it all” format to be useful in later life was in law school. It’s because litigating is very much like cramming for the big final: you stuff endless minutiae into your head as hard as you can for two weeks, spew it all out at a designated time and place in a designated format, forget ALL of it, and move on to the next pile of endless minutiae.

Unlike moot court, exams actually DID prepare me for court. 😛

SkyBorn Rocket
SkyBorn Rocket

@Kim
Yeah, unfortunately there isn’t much of a better word for it, hence the quotation marks, since, well, same thing applies to women, but “feminine” doesn’t have the same sorts of connotations, mature doesn’t work either since you could be homeless and jobless yet be very mature… which makes it hard to talk about such stuff without seeming like someone all puffed up about their genitalia. That and I’ve got a bit of a hunch that telling a women that the fact she’s a CEO/successful inventor/etc is “manly” would not exactly be taken as a compliment.

nwoslave

When men do better at anything it’s always the fault of oppression, patriarchy and misogyny. When men fail, or women are doing better at something it’s always because men are lazy, worthless and deficient.The message is ceaselessly shouted out by our politicians, media and schools. The message is inescapable. Every comment here confirmed the same message.

Fitzy
Fitzy

I just had a conference with my daughter’s preschool teacher yesterday, which confirmed pretty much everything I already knew about my kid. She’s got fantastic motor skills, she’s good at problem solving, her spatial awareness is great (and I’m pretty darned excited by her strengths, which seems to scream “Science! Athletics! Engineering!” – all things at which I personally suck). OTOH, she’s not-so-hot with verbal skills and pre-reading. She’s also got a really kinetic learning style; the teacher suggested I do a scavenger hunt where I hid a variety of letters on cards around the house and have her search for the right ones, then search for items that begin with those letters.

So, in other words, my daughter seems to have all of those skill sets and learning styles that usually trend “male.” I’m wondering how some of the less enlightened people on that reddit thread would explain this. Is my daughter going to be discriminated against with the boys because she’s an outlier, or is she going to do just fine because the eebil feminazi teachers will give her an added XX-chromosome grading boost in her struggling subjects? I guess only time will tell.

Karalora
Karalora

Obviously, Fitzy, you don’t have a daughter at all. You have a son. You’re some twisted sicko, trying to raise a normal boy as a girl just because you think girls are better. You’re going to damage your son for life!

Because it’s absolutely impossible for a girl to genuinely be good at science and athletics and to have a kinetic learning style. Those are boy things. Period. No exceptions.

Is my sarcasm showing?

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

So I guess I didn’t get a full scholarship simply because I was too busy drawing superheros and reproducing illuminated manuscripts. All of which were “too manly” for me to be a properly feminine scholar.

So what do all those manjawed female lawyers do? Flash doodles of embroidery patterns at their professors to pass?

And this plays right into the “girls don’t do seriuos art, they just doodle cutesy flowers and rainbows”.

Amused

As a kid, I was fascinated with how batteries worked, and enjoyed fixing electrical things. On the other hand, I was indifferent to dolls (unless I was playing doctor and was giving them injections). This was a source of tremendous worry for my parents, who thought I would grow up to be a bitter, unloved, mannish spinster due to such gender-inappropriate interests.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Pretty much, yeah. But not actual embroidery, because that presupposes fine motor skills, pattern awareness, and attention to detail that silly ladybrainz simply don’t ha- Hey! A kitty!

Fitzy
Fitzy

@karalora – Those guys would really have an aneurysm when I showed them my already extremely verbal and empathetic son, wouldn’t they? My husband and I have truly doomed the next generation with our parenting style of “let’s just encourage it when our kids demonstrate skill/enjoy something.” Should totally have been cramming these young ‘uns into separate pink and blue boxes instead. Too late now.

Fitzy
Fitzy

I thought all you had to do was walk up the lectern and cry, and then you were automatically made an editor of Harvard Law Review?

McKenzie
McKenzie

Don’t you agree the original comment would have been much better if it had a nice drawing of a flower attached?

Actually, it would be much better if it was ONLY a drawing of a flower. Clearly reddit is feminised now too!

Karalora
Karalora

@Fitzy

A little girl of my acquaintance who just turned two is extremely interested in dinosaurs, pirates, and robots. Her favorite color? Pink.

WAT IS GENDER BOX

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Well, of course, but that’s not the same thing as passing your exams. For that, ladies at least need to produce a couple daisies and a sun with a smiley face on it.

(I turned in a frowny-face sun for my Jurisdiction final. The professor said it really made him re-think his position on the application of Pennoyer v. Neff to the emotional states of celestial bodies. True story!)

Katelisa
Katelisa

(Warning! Warning! Mixture of six years of reading articles and book about this stuff at university and some limited anecdata.)

Being a working teacher (in Sweden, high school/USS-ages) my main observation is that a lot of boys get socialised into thinking studying is for girls. From what research on the subject I have read, one of the main reasons for this seems to be men reading less in their spare time than women. Also pre-school/primary school teachers, who are the ones teaching kids to read are mostly women, making reading (which is a basic skill for more or less every subject) something coded as feminine.

Girls also tend to be socialised into being more compliant with other peoples’ requests and wishes. This might make it easier for them to accept instructions and corrections. I have had plenty of male pupils reject my corrections and critique on their assignments, refusing to change anything and accusing me of being unfair for correcting them.

Also, I love coursework being counted more towards the final grade. Grading tests is boring as hell, and also puts shitloads of work on the teachers towards the end of the school year. (The national tests towards the end of the year in Sweden takes ages to grade and register.) Graded coursework can be spread out over the entire year, which is both easier on the teachers’ sanity and means that someone having an off day on the day of the exam will still get a chance of a fair grade.

Fitzy
Fitzy

@Karalora – 🙂 That little girl could be buddies with mine. My favorite memory of her thus far is when she dressed up in a princess costume, then took the bristles off her miniature broom so that she could effectively use it as a samurai sword (my husband’s a sucker for Kurosawa movies). There were bad guys afoot, you see.

@Dani Alexis – Ah! I’m sorry, I forgot about the need for concrete, quantifiable evidence to back up grades. I’m glad I never pursued a law degree. My ability to render a life-like kitten playing with a ball of string is sub-par at best.

Ice
Ice

I actually agree with the poster.

Schools are fairly biased in that regards.

Bias, of course, being towards “be nice and polite and quiet and listen and do what you’re told” unlike “very special little snowflake who knows EVERYTHING”.

I suppose most MRAs have meltdowns when talking to their children’s teachers.

Granted, that would require that they ever talk with their children’s teachers. Which I kind of doubt, considering how little they think they should invest of their precious time in their own kids.

Karalora
Karalora

@Fitzy

That reminds me of my niece (different child) when she was four. She’s into all things princessly and when I played LEGO with her she wanted to “be” the princess minifig…who then pulled the sword out of the stone and went to town on the Black Knight! In real life she’s not violent at all, but she knows what makes a good story!

You’ve never gotten “Given that the sky is blue, please find Avogadro’s number?”

Ice
Ice

For those who had nuclear physics — what is force?

I wept.

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

Girls tend to be more self-disciplined. They put more effort into their schoolwork.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

We once got “who is liable to whom for what and why?”

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Dani Alexis, the only possible answer is “Colonel Mustard, in the library, with the wrench”.

Vitamin D
Vitamin D

Ruby, better cite that source you’re using, because I am calling bullshit.

Karalora
Karalora

Is that one of those questions that’s vague because you’re supposed to give a generic answer? Like “The defendant is liable to the plaintiff for damages because they’re at fault, duh.”

reginaldgriswold
reginaldgriswold

I’m confused about what exactly has been feminized. I mean, when you watch old shows from the glory days to which these guys harken, there are still kids doing homework. And when we cleaned out my grandma’s basement, we found old, yellowed essays and homework from my dad and his siblings from the 50s. It’s not like homework is new.

lauralot
lauralot

Well, this is the same “movement” that claimed cars stopping for school buses was a sign of feminization ruining society, so I don’t think logic is their strong suit…

skeptifem

@reginaldgriswold-
The amount of homework is bigger than ever and the age to begin assigning it has been lowered, generally. That is a big change in homework. I read The Homework Myth awhile ago and it appears that there is virtually no demonstrated benefit to assigning homework before high school, despite numerous attempts to find such a result by researchers. I cannot believe how much time and effort is wasted on this stupid bullshit.

I’ve read up a lot on the educational system in the US and the proposed solutions to various problems for a few years now, its very difficult to classify the changes as masculine or feminine. However, if I had to pick between the two I would pick masculine. The focus has been on “remaining competitive” with other countries and “tougher standards”. These can hardly be described as traditionally feminine values. These are also lines that both major political parties use continually- if you look at what they have to say about education its virtually the same freaking thing and has been for at least 20 years. The only difference I can discern is regarding sex education and the teaching of evolution in school.

Arielle Shander

I hate how people generalize boys’ and girls’ learning styles and think that segregation is the way to go. I get tired of hearing people say that boys need more hands-on activities while girls are fine with sitting still and listening. In my experience, I didn’t and often couldn’t just sit still and listen (I have ADD/ADHD, though I’m generally inattentive and not hyper). However, I am disciplined enough to not get into trouble and to do my work, because I’m the type of person who is afraid of getting into trouble.

If I were put into what some of these people imagine to be a “girls’ classroom” where “girls’ learning styles” become the dominant method of teaching, I would suffer. I imagine this could also be the case for some boys who don’t learn the “boy way.” Everyone learns differently, period. Who the hell likes to sit still for 6+ hours, anyway?

The real issue with schools is that they expect students to memorize facts but not ways in which they can apply their knowledge. So teachers may not provide a formula sheet, because they think memorizing a long-ass formula shows that you know math or physics. Anyone who blames it on “feminization” needs a reality check.

WeeBoy
WeeBoy

I went to two high schools – one was all boys and one was co-ed. The learning done at the all boys school, and the academic achievement there, was definitely of a higher quality. I don’t know if that was because the boys school did cater to a “boy-style” of learning – we had shorter class periods and had each subject every day, rather than longer call periods but having subjects only three or four times a week, for example; or whether it was because the culture of the school promoted the idea of boys succeeding academically. There were more male teachers there and it was considered cool to work hard and do well. Excellence in both achievement and effort/improvement was rewarded through the year with house merit marks (yup, just like in Harry Potter) and it wasn’t uncommon to be congratulated in the hallways by people from your house who were in other years if they saw you’d done something which got a lot of merit marks.

It wasn’t perfect – as with most boys schools it had problems with excessive masculinity and enforced heteronormativity. I left because I was tired of getting bullied for being gay and effeminate.

But at the co-ed school, getting good marks was most definitely not cool, especially for boys. It was okay if you got good marks for something you put no effort into, but effort was seen as an anathema to coolness. You couldn’t try too hard, and if you expressed disappointment over low grades you got mocked. Schoolwork was for nerds. There were no prizes for doing well, so the hassle you got for trying too hard wasn’t worth it. Add that there were very few consequences for not doing homework or paying attention and class and most of us opted out of class before a frantic two week study session at the end of the year to just scrape through.

thenatfantastic

@WeeBoy

I went to an all girls’ school, and the difference between that and the co-ed schools my friends went to is that there was less sexism and strict gender roles, because there was nothing we were expected to succeed or fail in because of our gender. Also, I used to have to walk past the brother all boy’s school on my way home, and I used to get sexually harassed, bullied and attacked every day by them.

So there’s that going for separation.

thenatfantastic

*that I didn’t have to spend 8 hours a day trying to learn while those dipsticks threw books at my head.

**not that all boys are like that, but even one would have been awful.

princessbonbon

I really hate how much people bash US schools. So what if we do not test at some level-the question that should be asking is what we are teaching going to be helpful for a student later in life. We never have nor will we ever test super awesomely because this country, despite our vast list of awards for science, medicine, etc, and innovation, is not an intellectual country.

Heck we cannot even remember things that happened last year as a nation.

nwoslave

@princessbonbon
“I really hate how much people bash US schools. So what if we do not test at some level-the question that should be asking is what we are teaching going to be helpful for a student later in life.”

If you’re a boy you’ll be drugged for being an independent thinker, and you’ll be ridiclued, demeaned and thoroughly chastized for existing as a male. If you’re a girl you’ll be praised, glorified and pedastilized for existing as a female.

They used to teach helpful and honest stuff in schools, now it’s propaganda, mostly feminist social studies. Did you know that at one time in our history books, when talking about valley forge, Philidelphia was called the gayest city in the world? Gay of course at the time meant festive. The reason for it being so festive was that many of the women were turncoats and curried favor with the invading army. The history told of balls and dances every night and the invading soldiers giving gifts of fancy dresses and such to the local turncoat women, and they of course consorted with them as well.

When the colonists finally retook Philadelphia the turncoat women claimed they were raped, however, many women were loyal to the colonists as well. These women of honor who did all they could to help the colonists while they were struggling and suffered for it, told how the turncoat women willingly consorted with, and took gifts from the invaders. The turncoat women were punished as traitors.

Feminist indoctrination removed authentic eyewitness text from the history books for not following the dogma of women being percieved as either victims or good. The lesson of how many women were being true and honorable was lost because the history lesson could not be taught without the teaching of how many women were dishonorable as well. Feminism has declared father to be a dirty word in history as well, our founding fathers are simply founders.
————
“We never have nor will we ever test super awesomely because this country, despite our vast list of awards for science, medicine, etc, and innovation, is not an intellectual country.”

Pre 70s feminism, the United States was #1 in reading, science and math, back when men were running the education show. Now that women are running the entire educational show, in 2010, out of the top 34 countries, the US ranks 14th in reading, 17th in science and 25th in math. The only thing to change in that time is the style of teaching, the curriculum, the percentage of women teachers and the grading system. Correcting the problem is self evident yet impossible to achieve since it goes against feminist indoctrination.

hellkell
hellkell

NWO, citation needed. Sorry someone pissed on your “USA #1, FUCK YEAH” thing you’ve got going on, but show me where we were number one. Also, show me when teaching wasn’t predominately female.

Kim
Kim

If you’re a boy you’ll be drugged for being an independent thinker

Are you saying you’ve been drugged Owly? Or are you not an independent thinker?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

And since when does “teachers being predominantly female” equal “women running education”? Or women making the decisions about the education system at government level? Pfft.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Are you saying you’ve been drugged Owly?

It would confirm a lot of long-standing suspicions …

Oh, Kim, I saw your comment about schtickwit maybe being Aussie after he posted that crap about the custody case. Yeah, hope not. Too embarrassing.

emilyperson
emilyperson

Are you saying you’ve been drugged Owly? Or are you not an independent thinker?

Well, nobody’s ever accused him of being a mainstream thinker….

lauralot
lauralot

Are you saying you’ve been drugged Owly?

And now we know the real reason NWO got rejected by Pepsi…

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Was he too much of a “Coke” man? 😉

emilyperson
emilyperson

And now we know the real reason NWO got rejected by Pepsi…

I just laughed way harder than I needed to, because if he’s talking about the drugs I think he’s talking about they actually aren’t that far away from cocaine, structure-wise.

nwoslave

@The Kittehs’ Unpaid Help

“I notice he didn’t post anything about the latest arsehole who murdered his wife, and the police comments about how intervention orders aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.”

How about instead, a man who was pushed from the 25th floor to his death by his newlywed wife. Don’t fret, she’s a woman and will never see a single day in prison. The woman newscaster has the audacity to say, “It’s a case of deadly spousal abuse, with the tables turned.” As if women abusers aren’t commonplace. She says it like it’s a funny joke. Women have always been violent abusers, they were just held accountable in the past. Modern women have voted and enacted laws clearly indicating that they are above punishment or accountability. goddesses can judge but never be judged.

She’ll cry a few tears in court, claim she’s the real victim, the league of womens lawyers will rush to her aid. By the end of the kangaroo feminist court, she’ll be not only a victim but an inspiration to women the world over.

Hey! I heard the UN has declared October 11th, “International girl day!” That’d be a day dedicated to praising girls for being born girls. Let me be the first to congratulate all the gang at manboobz for being born girls. That’s quite an achievement. You must be soooo proud. Yaay girls!!!

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

intervention orders aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.

Well, at least you can wipe your ass with the paper.

Speaking of things less worthless than toilet paper, I’d love to see Owly’s data on supposed US educational dominance pre-1970. I’d even take a read-out from the foil-hat’s pick up. ‘Cause I got one word for that: Sputnik.