antifeminism men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men reddit

The “boy crisis” in schools explained: “We dumbed it all down and added a healthy dose of ‘pretty’ to give the girls [an] advantage.”

Let’s take another quick trip over to the Men’s Rights subreddit to learn the dirty secret behind the superior performance of girls in schools these days: the machinations of unmuzzled feminists!

Funcuz, could you please show your work, as they say in school.

blitzgal

And I’m sure the fact that our culture has a healthy dose of anti-intellectualism, where academics are looked down upon and viewed as weak and “girly,” has NOTHING to do it.

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

Yeah, nowadays they hand out M.D.s to anyone who manages to color in a diagram of human anatomy. This is why, in Canada at least, women outnumber men in medical school.

princessbonbon

It was not me the feminist aunt that caused my nephew to not turn in his homework. I tend to attach book report requirements to treats I buy him. (Clothing excluded of course.)

It was not his mother (who makes him do his homework every night he has any assigned.)

It was his own pure lazy self.

lauralot
lauralot

Fuck, no wonder I only graduated third in my class! If only I’d drawn flowers on my essay covers, just like the valedictorian did. I guess his feminist mother must have taught him that.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

So what do you get if you can accurately draw the human anatomy? Cause like, I can do that…

We’ll also ignore how MRAs scream about exams being weighted less in overall marks from what they used to be. I’m not a fan of one test at the end of the semester unless its going to be a doozy. The reason being how easy it is to piss around the entire semester and then spend two weeks cramming for a passing grade. Real life and work situations require reasonable effort straight through, not one big effort at the end of four months. And since high school and colleges are about preparing for entrance to adulthood and work…

Joanna

Form: C

Content: D-

Karalora
Karalora

See , if the little girls couldn’t win it was sexist but if the little boys couldn’t win it was because they were stupid .

I know, Funcuz. It’s terrible that those feminist harpies promote these lies when we all know it’s exactly the other way around, right?

Also, I feel cheated. I got marked down for drawing on my assignments. Where were all these super-femmy teachers that give extra credit for that sort of thing?

Flora @ Subspecies (@florasubspecies)

Aw, I didn’t know I got into medical school because of my artistic abilities. Although, it must be said, I have designed a few posters for charitable events we’ve done since I got in. Hey, maybe he’s onto something here…

Myoo
Myoo

So, competition was removed from the equation and everybody gets good grades regardless of what a crappy job they do. And yet boys are still failing?

Seriously, would it kill these guys to maintain a coherent worldview within the same paragraph?

I was wondering that too. They dumbed it down…and so boys are doing worse?

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

You should read the one where the guys son is getting C’s, but could be doing better. It was TOO HARD to spend an entire evening working with his son to get assignments done (which apparently requires lots of coloring?) And besides, his mother doesn’t make the son do homework either.

All I can say is: Dude, my daughter auditory processing disorder (which set her up for all kinds of problems in school). She was hard to focus on homework, so I feel your pain in spending hours at the desk with your son. The answer is not to throw your hands in the air and tell your child they don’t need to worry about homework. The answer is to grit your teeth and be consistent and help them grind through something they really hate. My daughter also does not respond well to treats, threats or punishment (strong willed). So, natural consequence, the longer it takes for her to get through the assignment, the longer it will be before she gets to do what she wants to.

And for all the guys bitching about acing tests but being expected to do assignments… It might be busy work in your eyes, but if its really that simple it won’t take long for you to get done. So not doing the assignment is also a display of laziness, especially if it hardly requires effort on your part.

Historophilia
Historophilia

I’ve always been confused by this idea that education has been “Feminized”.

In the UK over the past few years there’s been a backlash against coursework being used as part of GCSE’s and A levels (qualifications done at 16 and 18 respectively) and a movement towards all qualifications being mainly timed exam work.

Girls are apparently better at Coursework than boys (I’ve always been skeptical about all these theories about how boys and girls learn differently, too many of the trends that are observed seem to be the result of socilaization rather than anything innate) and boys apparently thrive in timed exams so it seems that the UK education system is doing the opposite.

Also I’m really not buying the fact that apparently all teachers in state schools are raging feminists. All the teachers I’ve met are too busy trying to stop their pupils throwing desks at each to try out Feminist education theories (if such things even exist).

cloudiah

Dumbed-down education might explain this kind of MRAth on “false rape accusations”:

Also, for the discussion purposes, remember that 1% false accusations is the same as 100% false accusations for ‘innocent until proven guilty’ moral reasons.

Hey, it’s our little friend Pacman!

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

And of course there’s the old “women teachers can’t maintain discipline” and “when we used to be able to beat/humilliate boys into getting better grades”

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

Wow. Clearly these “feminist” teaching methods did not permeate my former head-in-rectum hellhole of a girls’ school I attended, or I wouldn’t have had bad grades. There’s also a chance I’d be less neurotic too.

Dan Roe (@Rodafowa)

“Oh, and no, I’m not exaggerating or making this up”

Heaven forfend! What kind of world do we live in where people doubt your words merely because what you’re saying is absolutely nucking futs!

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

I am 21. I graduated from high school in 2009. My sister just graduated last year. Nowhere did you get better grades if you put flowers on the cover page of your essay–though you might be expected to have a cover page and format it correctly, like, you know, you would for any job.

Speaking of standardized tests, I just got back from taking the GRE. The math section is… well, it is the kind of math you barely even learn in high school and then never use ever again. I’ve always been weaker in math than in the verbal scores. They are so frustrating, and I just spend 1:30 total time doing that kind of math.

And yes, I’ve aced my coursework/class tests in all the math classes I’ve taken in high school and college. It is just that none of it applies to the GRE or any other standardized test.

The weirdest standardized test section I’ve ever taken, though, is the ACT science section, which is all about data analysis. That catches a lot of people by surprise.

clairedammit
clairedammit
cloudiah

I am working on my Masters thesis now; I’m just glad to have found out before defending it this quarter that all I need to do is draw some flowers on it. I wonder, for advanced degrees, do you all think I should include some drawings of ponies as well? I might use little cartoon kitties in lieu of footnotes. So many ideas…

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

How about some My Little Pony pics? (Disclaimer: I only know about MLP from reading ManBoobz!)

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

@Cloudiah

Instead of Latin or Harvard referencing, you should use dinosaur stickers. 😀

ozymandias42

WordSpinner: Dude, I LOVED the ACT science section. I was expecting to have to know things about science, but instead it was DATA COMPREHENSION? I could examine data in my sleep! XD

…I didn’t actually prep for the test before I showed up, so…

clairedammit
clairedammit

Now you’re graded as heavily on how many flowers you drew on the cover sheet of your essay as you are on the content of it .[…] Oh , and no , I’m not exaggerating or making this up . It was never a secret that we tried so hard to feminize education . In fact , the powers that be

Or, just maybe, we started grading for punctuation.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

ozymandias

I didn’t prep either, and I quite liked it, too (and I aced it). But a lot of my friends were all like “WTF”?!

The ACT has the most ridiculous career test, though. “Do you like putting things into boxes?” Ummm… no.

hellkell
hellkell

Did the feminization of education cause this dude to to not know punctuation? Maybe he had Steelebutt’s English teacher.

hellkell
hellkell

Ninja’d by clairdammit, and added extra words. I’ma blame the high-test cough syrup.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Career tests … that reminds me of the most absurd ones I’ve done, when the department I was with was being closed. The so-called careers counsellor recommended all the women in our group get work with White Lady Funerals. Second choice, she thought I would like being a bus driver. Even if I did, “not being able to drive” would probably have been something of a stumbling block there.

ithiliana

@Historaphilia: All the teachers I’ve met are too busy trying to stop their pupils throwing desks at each to try out Feminist education theories (if such things even exist).

*heh* I used to explain to people that when it takes six weeks to get every student in class to hand in their essays, stapled, in plain manila folder, there’s no time to get to the “feminist world domination unit”!

ozymandias42

Kitteh: Mine kept suggesting that I ought to go into science.

…I hadn’t had a competent science teacher since elementary school at the time.

cloudiah

@CWS, As a side note, one of my fellow thesis writers and I are making plans to bring in cat toys and laser pointers, on the theory that if our committee members start asking hard questions we can just distract them. Aren’t faculty members just like cats? Ithiliana, would that work on you? 🙂

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

My advisor got kicked out of a women’s basketball game for yelling at the ref. I guess he sits with a group of students because he’s too loud for the other faculty.

xardoz

Ah yes, I remember cramming all night for my flower-drawing final….. we also had to memorize the names of scented candles, wtf. CURSE YOU FEMINISM.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Ozy, we obviously missed a great scam there – “Be a jobs counsellor. You can suggest total shit based on nothing and still get paid.” 😛

Cloudiah, I hope you’re going to film that presentation!

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Xardoz, you totally should propose scented candles for the Manboobz Bingo thread!

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I think all those gratuitous spaces are where Funcuz was planning to draw the flowers, forgetting that he was typing on a computer and not a typewriter.

Bad habits die hard.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

It’s the lack of lead in the boys diets, I suppose.

emilyperson
emilyperson

It’s okay, I didn’t study for the ACT either. I didn’t even know when we were taking the MME until the first day. I was really surprised when I found out about the “girls are good at homework, boys are good at tests” trend, because tests are the only part of school I can handle well. Yay, ADHD/NVLD-brain.

Has Redditdude offered any actual data? Because this is what I found about “feminizing” education:

[F]or the first several years the SAT was offered, males scored higher than females on the Math section but females achieved higher scores on the Verbal section. ETS policy-makers determined that the Verbal test needed to be “balanced” more in favor of males, and added questions pertaining to politics, business and sports to the Verbal portion. Since that time, males have outscored females on both the Math and Verbal sections. Dwyer notes that no similar effort has been made to “balance” the Math section, and concludes that, “It could be done, but it has not been, and I believe that probably an unconscious form of sexism underlies this pattern. When females show the superior performance, ‘balancing’ is required; when males show the superior performance, no adjustments are necessary.”

Fairtest.org

Amused

@ithiliana:

Manila folders are misandry. So are staples. You are using subliminal messages to indoctrinate boys with the idea of eternal bondage.

emilyperson
emilyperson

12-point double-spaced Times New Roman with 1-inch margins is MISANDRY. 12 points, GOD, that fat font is an insult to male sexuality!

MKlein
MKlein

Wow, as someone who just came out of the American public school system last June, Funcuz’ head is totally up his ass. If anything, we have competition to an ungodly and unproductive extent, and I can assure you that there is a world of difference in grades given for projects – actually, it’s a bit unnecessarily harsh depending on the class. Some teachers’ grading criteria is more arbitrary, but none of it is easy for a majority of students. It is true that an unnecessary level of importance is placed on format rather than content, but that’s not gender-specific, it’s just an attempt at a more quantitative, “efficient,” cheap and easy system of grading, which is due to American public schools being FLAT BROKE, thanks to us funding two wars and refusing to tax people who can fucking afford it.

BigMomma

i loved tests and hated course work because it obliged me to actually work during term rather than slack off and ace the exam. but i think that course work is overall a fairer and more realistic way to measure someone’s ability other than your ability to store and regurgitate information over a short period of time.

i wish i could remember the source but when i was reading for my Women’s Studies MSc, there was some research on exams carried out in the 50s and 60s in the UK. Results were consistently altered to downgrade women and upgrade boys. i too would argue that we have been socialised into such patterns of behaviour that it is hard to be definitive about possible gendered learning styles.

I hated both. We don’t need no education!

BigMomma

@katz, lol. Now i have an earworm…we’re just another brick in the wall

pecunium

The weirdest standardised test I’ve ever taken was the Defense Language Aptitude Battery. I’m not allowed to talk about it in detail (it is, effectively, classified, if I give discrete details I could be prosecuted), but it’s got several parts.

One is about analysing stress in auditory strings, another is about how quickly you can analyse a spoken language you have just learned the rules of, and yet another is how well you can extrapolate rules of grammar from visual puzzles.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Pecunium, that sounds like a fun test!

I like to take tests. I’m another one who tests well and is mediocre with course work.

Hershele Ostropoler

Historophilia:

a movement towards all qualifications being mainly timed exam work.

IRTA “manly timed exam work”

whataboutthemoonz

Like, I get that these dudes hate women, and especially feminists, and they love hanging out with people who agree with them, and metaphor and hyperbole and and and etc. etc. etc., but…. like, wtf? Feminists had feedbag muzzles to keep them quiet? What feminists? When? Are there pictures? Is it a metaphor? What is ti a metaphor for?

Can I just show up on reddit and say terrible nonsense things about feminists and have people agree with me just because the gist of the thing is “GRRR FEMINISTS BAAAAD!”???

Leum
Leum

I excel at math, I got straight A’s through three semesters of calculus. My GRE math score is my weakest because the math is so irrelevant.

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

I’m a guy and I aced the GRE verbal. I supposed that’s just further proof that I’m a great big mangina.

1 2 3 4