antifeminism crackpottery evo psych fairy tales hypergamy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny patriarchy PUA reactionary bullshit

Vox Day: Save the world by throwing women out of school

Women going against nature.

The dudes of the manosphere are concerned, deeply concerned, about the fate of young women today who won’t have the opportunity to marry dudes richer and better educated than they are, as they are apparently hard-wired by evolution to do. Turns out when women start investing in good educations and getting good jobs, some of them end up making more than most dudes! Clearly, this portends disaster, for these young ladies, and for civilization itself.

On his Alpha Game blog, reactionary racist doucheblogger Vox Day has a puckish solution to the Hypergamy Crisis: we should just eject a good chunk of women from our universities – as 36 of Iran’s universities have recently announced they will do, starting in the coming academic year, by making 77 different fields of study male only.

Vox explains his, er, logic:

[T]he Iranian action presents a potentially effective means of solving the hypergamy problem presently beginning to affect college-educated women in the West. Only one-third of women in college today can reasonably expect to marry a man who is as well-educated as they are. History and present marital trends indicate that most of the remaining two-thirds will not marry rather than marry down. So, by refusing to permit women to pursue higher education, Iran is ensuring that the genes of two-thirds of its most genetically gifted women will survive in its gene pool.

Well, that’s one … way of looking at it.

No doubt the Iranian approach will sound abhorrent to many men and women alike. But consider it from a macro perspective. The USA is in well along the process of removing most of its prime female genetics from its gene pool as surely as if it took those women out and shot them before they reached breeding age. Which society’s future would you bet on, the one that is systematically eliminating the genes of its best and brightest women or the one that is intent upon retaining them?

Let’s just say I’m going to bet on the one that respects and utilizes the talents of all of its people, instead of treating half the population as little more than egg repositories and baby-making machines.

This isn’t the first time dear Vox has addressed the dangers of allowing women into college. See here for some comments from him that are a good deal worse than the ones I quoted here. (TW: Violence against women.)

CassandraSays

Seriously, everyone should read the Jennifer Armintrout chapter-by-chapter recaps. It eases the pain so much. And then creates a new pain, because apparently there are people who actually like this crap. Not teenagers either, adult women. How depressing.

Reviews are still hilarious, though.

When I read the third book in the Twilight series (I thought the first two were actually not all that bad… I recognize that this is an unpopular opinion, and many of my readers want me to lash out against all things Twilight with the fury of a thousand newborn stars), I said to myself, “There will never be another writer as bad as Stephenie Meyer. It won’t happen.” I feel almost responsible for 50 Shades, like I damned us all to the existence of this book by thinking that. I looked the universe in the face and, laughing, dared it to do its worst. And this is what we have. A twenty-one year old heroine who has never been attracted to any man, simply because he didn’t treat her badly enough, whose sexual awakening comes from nearly being run down by a bike messenger.

@Cassandrasays,

I agree very much with her. The Twilight series had its own problems and was poorly written, but it was mindless fluff when I felt like it and I enjoyed it for that reason. Fifty Shades of Wrong is just…fucking…I-I-there aren’t words for how much I hate it.

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

A large–VERY large–percentage of what passes for women’s education (or their upmarket, fancy “careers” is empty and vapid posturing; silly and phoney competitiveness of the ten-year-old’s “anything you can do, i can do better” type. Cute enough, I suppose, when one observes it in little girls, who are usually only doing it to please teacher or mommy anyway, but absurd when this competitiveness andvalry emerges in adult females.

Society could only prosper when the vast majority of girls and women were educated APPROPRIATELY. They could be educated to bring joy, beauty, and love into their families, their communities, and, eventually, into the larger world. Men, could be apprenticed, educated, or trained in the various problem-solving and life, work, and prosperity enhancing disciplines that make for success in the larger world. If women suceed in inspiring their menfolk to be more creative and enterprising, so much the better!

Giving women the same “education” as men has turned out to be a bloody mess for everyone. It has far too often pseudo-masculinized women, polluting both families and workplaces with the worst traits of men, and no bravery, intellect, or honesty by way of compensation. Too many “men” have, for our part, become almost pseudo feminine, with kvetching, envy, and just plain bitchiness (I’m not talking about only homos here), and been distracted away from our time honored role as leaders, protectors, and problem-solvers of the family, polity, and race. Nobody has benefited but a criminal New World Order elite on one hand, and a pack of embittered, hopeless, and worthless slobs with nothing but a begging bowl in one hand, and a clenched fist in the other! Civilization, which benefits both men and women (especially the fair sex) both lose, and the up-and-coming generation loses most of all!

gelar
gelar

I’m not interested in reading it, but there’s only one reason I can think of for smiling at a book like that: http://qkme.me/3r0oxw

Discorda
Discorda

hey Mellertoad, my, mom, my friends who are female nurses, engineers, librarians, science and math teachers and me(well actually I am SAH at the moment but graduated college) would all like to say bite my shiny metallic ass.

Women do just fine when they are educated and working with men, most women DON’T want to be your idealized stepford wife…Why should women be miserable all becaus emen like you can’t handle a strong intelligent woman.

CassandraSays

How perfect that Meller turned up right when we were talked about crapfic inspired by a book about a creepy vampire stalker from ye olde days.

Discorda
Discorda

yeah really…what do you want to bet that Meller actually thinks that Christian Grey was a GREAT character! How dare those evil feminazis disparage a creepy stalker! He was a real man! *puke*

Fembot

Oh Gawd more gloom and doom from Meller. Why does it always seem like the end of the world when women become educated and independent? The more options a woman has, the less chance she will settle for a creep like you. At least the good is that dolls don’t have standards.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Dkm’s syllabus on how to properly educate a woman:

How to fart rainbows and lilacs 101
How to beam sunshine and startlight despite personal misery
Hanging on every word he says without noticably drooling 102
Using cotton balls and rubbing alcohol for a perfect complexion.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Cassandra, it seems you summoned him.

The question is: will he stick around if Amys not here?

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

I suppose that when “anything I can do, they can do better” is true, women’s education must be a terrifying thought.

CassandraSays

Of course the up and coming generation are suffering – Meller stole their dolls, the evil bastard.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Yeah but porceline dolls are totally out. My daughter assures me that fur real friends are all the rage.

chocomintlipwax

I must have a 6th sense for this sort of thing.

My friend was telling me about 50 Shades and how great it was. I asked what it was about and she gave me a brief synopsis.

“That sounds like Twilight,” I said.

Of course, I went home and did a little research and found out it is Twilight. Ugh. That this friend likes it is unsurprising (pretty much uninterested in anything not having to do with sex), but then she kept telling me I should read it. Noooo thank you.

RE: Gender silos

A few questions:

What gets stored in gender silos? Gender?? Gametes? Barbie dolls and GI Joes?

And most importantly, how many people are killed every year playing around gender silos?

I MUST KNOW THESE THINGS.

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

Kitty video break!

Here’s a cat that loves his person but hates glasses:

Alex

I…refreshed the page and found a DKM wall of text. Ima go back to the Fifty Shades chapters recaps now. Those are funny.

KITTY!!! 😀 *dies of a thousand squees*

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

OMG! Alex! You’re not supposed to forget about breathing while sqeeing!
*starts pumping air into Alex with a small hand bellow*

Myoo
Myoo

@Meller

No Meller, that’s on you. This fantasy you have that you would be a great person if only women were treated as slaves is just that, a fantasy. If for some horrible reason your sick fantasy came to pass, you would still not be a great person. At most you’d be just as mediocre as you are now but women would pretend to like you because their safety depended on it. But in all likelihood you’d just continue alone with your dolls because even the other slavers would be disgusted by you. You are nothing.

Alex

@pillowinhell, I don’t know why, but I am in tears right now and laughing very hard.

MordsithJ
MordsithJ

@WordSpinner

Hey, that’s a Ukranian woman, what’s she doing with cats? Isn’t she supposed to be, like, throwing herself at the feet of American men or something? THE INTERNET LIED TO ME.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Alex

Whoops! Did I leave the bellow connected to the nitrous oxide again?

Dang. I hate it when that happens.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

MordsithJ:

She must not be a real Ukranian woman then.
But seriously, cat videos are the universal language of the internet.

Bostonian

My bank account is still suffering from American Girl Dolls.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

You are obviously confused, Meller. There is this book that has been banging around for a few thousand years and the men described in it are kvetching, envying, being just as pissy, doing an incredibly crappy job as leaders, protectors, and problem solvers.
So you see, men have always behaved like people, and so have women.

drst
drst

Yep, because you know, men have no jobs as politicians, spiritual leaders, counselors, doctors, etc.

Also, I’m assuming you left out the “white” before that last word just by accident.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

50 Shades of FUCK YOU JAMES is offensive to me on multiple levels. Shit, if all it takes to get published is to write highly disturbing fanfic… *cries*

Also: Christian Grey is Patrick Bateman as a love interest.These books would work much better as a thriller or horror.

Fembot

Patrick Bateman….ew

CassandraSays

I was just thinking that. Apparently there’s going to be a movie version of this. Wouldn’t it be awesome if the director played it as a psychological horror in which the audience clearly knows what’s going on, and so do all the other characters, but it only very gradually dawns on the heroine that she’s been lured into a relationship with a sociopath?

Alex

Yes, Cassandra, yes it would. I would be sublimely happy for once that a movie deviated so far from the book and it’s original intent.

*its

CassandraSays

In the meantime, the fact that someone rewrote 50 Shades as a deliberately creepy Hermione/Draco fic? That’s pure genius.

And then EL James showed up in the comments to accuse the author of plagiarism, proving once and for all that she is a complete imbecile.

Alex

What?!? Oh lmfao! I went to the grocery store today; I should have bought popcorn.

felch
felch

Okay, wow. Have any of you actually read 50 Shades of Grey? It’s made very clear that the relationship between Christian and Anastasia is consensual- they even draw up a contract which is actually excerpted in the text. Christian is always very careful to check Ana’s boundaries, and it’s emphasized that the pleasure is mutual at all times. I mean no, it’s not great writing but it’s not really meant to be, and there’s much worse out there. Everyone just jumps on the haterade wagon because it’s popular and has a premise that’s easy to make fun of. Twilight- which when it came right down to was a pretty good YA series- was the same way. Mainstream alternatives, is what I call you people. Shades fan represent, fuck all y’all.

CassandraSays

Dumb person doesn’t understand what the word “consensual” means, tries to lecture a bunch of people who’ve actually done BSDM about how awesome shitty faux-BSDM novel is. Mockery ensues in 3…2…

KathleenB
KathleenB

Meller: Don’t you have some cancer patients to laugh at? Or some kittens to euthanize? No? How about you FUCK RIGHT OFF?

Alex

felch, from the beginning, Christian does nothing but manipulate Anastasia to get his way. Throughout all three books. In the third book, he threatens to rape her twice. At another time he reduces her to tears (fine for anyone who’s into that, but Ana’s made it pretty clear that she’s not) after sexually punishing her. The reason he did this? He was more concerned with her obeying him (which might have gotten her kidnapped) rather than going out with her friend (which turned out to be safer). Christian Grey’s abusive behaviour seems almost deliberate. You could get a list and check it off. Furthermore, that damned contract? That wasn’t limited to sex. He wanted to control her in all things for three months. And then his reaction to the pregnancy! Well, for fuck’s sake, if he was that concerned with control and her not getting pregnant, then he should have kept using condoms. Fuck off, felch.

CassandraSays

See, the thing is, D/s contracts can be perfectly OK. But emotionally manipulating a vulnerable, inexperienced person into signing one when they have no experience with BSDM and no idea if they’ll like it, and they keep expressing reservations and asking that certain types of play be taken off the table, which request the dom who’s doing the pushing refuses to accomodate? Not OK. Doing BSDM scenes with no aftercare? Not OK. Threatening to rape a sub because they pissed you off? Not OK.

Basically it’s like an illustrated guide to how not to do BSDM, and why you really, really shouldn’t do BSDM with manipulative, abusive people.

CassandraSays

Obviously you shouldn’t do ANYTHING with manipulative, abusive people, adding BSDM to the situation just places a cherry on the shit sundae.

Alex

Thing about that contract, though, was it required the sub to be obedient, dressed in clothes of the dom’s choosing, etc. even when not in the presence of the dom, plus a non-disclosure agreement. I mean, couldn’t that get really awkward in terms of work and personal relationships? I recall one of Anastasia’s hangups is a lack of social life if she spends every weekend with Christian, so many hours a week exercising, however much time keeping up her appearance however he wants it, and plus work. He doesn’t compromise very well on that either, and when he does, he still tries to go back on it. These books. They hurt.

CassandraSays

He doesn’t compromise on anything, because he doesn’t care about her feelings. Apparently people like felch think this is totally cool and not a problem.

Polliwog

This.

Also, the story is told from Anastasia’s perspective, and she says, repeatedly, that she does not like kink, she thinks it is a sign that Christian is terribly fucked up, she is afraid of him, she hopes that if he just loves her enough he’ll stop wanting to hurt her, and she basically only puts up with being hit because she thinks he’s super hot and she has cripplingly low self-esteem. Nothing about that is remotely healthy, and I say this as an actual real-life submissive.

CassandraSays

Like, say you are a dom and you have a relationship with a sub who does not like pain and who has made this very clear. There are other, non-hurty things you can do! But no, we’re not going to do those, because our hero is a sociopath and our heroine has been emotionally beaten into submission long before the physical stuff gets started.

CassandraSays

Also, even if we put aside the general creepiness of the relationship dynamic, can I just point out that the word “jeez” should never, ever appear in a scene that’s meant to be sexy?

Alex

How about the sounds she makes? “Argh!” Agh!” Those are not sex sounds. Those are the sounds of someone sitting on a toilet and struggling very hard to squeeze out a deuce.

Or how about people’s mouths described as making a “perfect O”? I mean, is that even physically possible?

Polliwog

Personally, I crack up at all of Ana’s random “holy shit” and “holy crap” interjections during sex scenes, especially thanks to one in particular (highlighted in the Jennifer Armintrout recaps) that went something like, “He tears off my panties and throws them in front of me so I can see…holy shit!” I recognize that it is supposed to be read as, “He ripped my panties! That’s so naughty!” but (especially given how stupid that is) it’s impossible not to read it as, “Whoa! I pooped my pants!” :-p

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

ROFL not to mention that it sounds like she has holy skidmarks!

Alex

lmao! I want to use “holy skidmarks” now. For one reason only do I wish my friends had also read those books, and that is this. The snarking, the laughing about it afterward.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“Holy skidmarks, Batman!”

Polliwog

“Holy skidmarks, Batman!”

Fun fact – someone did the math and worked out that Ana actually says “Holy ____!” more often than TV-show Robin did.