a voice for men antifeminism FemRAs irony alert MRA paranoia reddit special snowflaking straw feminists

MRA: “In case no feminists show up for the debate, ask a few MRA’s to … present the feminist’s point of view. Let’s not turn this … into a MRA circlejerk.”

You remember that big MRA-vs-feminists debate in Vancouver we were talking about the other day? The one later this month? In the car dealership? About whether or not feminism has “gone to too  far?” Oh, and which doesn’t, so far, seem to involve any actual feminists?

In case no feminists decide to show up to a debate organized and moderated by MRAs, promoted only on MRA websites, and taking place in a car dealership run by an MRA, one Reddit MRA has a suggestion:

Yep, he really did just suggest that MRAs debate themselves, and then, with no sense of irony, say  “Let’s not turn this debate into a MRA circlejerk.”

It’s hard to imagine a more perfect encapsulation of the Men’s Rights movement than this. MRAs are always eager to debate the imaginary feminists that live only in their own heads. Straw feminists are really the only feminists they know.

You might also enjoy TyphonBlue’s heroic special-snowflaking in the Reddit thread.

Historophilia
Historophilia

Aha the comments on that post hilarious:

“Film everything just in case feminists show up to disrupt the debate.
Not if… when
They will be there protesting, they will be in the audience waiting to disrupt the proceedings. It wouldn’t surprise me if the cops/security have to be called.”

“That’s almost a foregone conclusion. You’re dealing with very juvenile people that believe in only their right to exist.”

They do realize that no feminists are going to show up to debate, no feminists will show up to protest…

And that probably no MRA’s will show up either.

CassandraSays

I assume that since the role of “feminist debater” is being played by MRAs, the role of “feminist protestor” will be too.

Fembot

This is kind of like the KKK inviting the NAACP to a debate. No doubt the MRAs think that feminists refusing to debate them somehow means they’re right. LOL

freitag235

Yes, how very juvenile indeed, believing they have a right to exist. What are they thinking.

Dear God, please let this happen.

freitag235

They promise to video it and show it to the world. I can’t wait.

*making mental note to self: when next buying groceries make certain of extra popcorn*

CassandraSays

I think Trader Joe’s may still have some of their caramel popcorn. This calls for an investigative shopping trip.

freitag235

I wonder if they’ll talk about “sexual equality.” I’m still puzzling over that one, but my puzzler’s getting sore. Please, MRAs, please explain what that means, please? Please pretty please again? With sugar on top?

Karalora
Karalora

Let’s not turn this debate into an MRA circlejerk.

Way too late for that, honey. The MRM itself is a circlejerk, and has been as long as I’ve known about it.

pxt
pxt

I love the tacit admission that human rights organizations would take an oppositional stance to the MRM.

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

I always feel a bit sorry for the MRA, could you imagine romantic/sexual relationships being that important to you? I mean relationships are sort of nice things to have but the MRA seem to obtain their entire value as a human from their relationship with women. That must be kind of crap.

freitag235

Pear_tree, I don’t think that romance comes into it for most MRAs, just the sexual part. “I am entitled to sex with whomever I want because penis.”

Russell Wain Glasser

Man, I sure hope that whoever is the fake feminist will dress in drag and talk in a squeaky Monty Python voice. That will sell it.

CassandraSays

I dunno, all the comments about how women loved them and fussed over them as children and WHY NOT NOW? make me think that these guys do want emotional stuff too, they just don’t understand that you may be able to force someone to have sex with you, but you can’t force anyone to love you. They seem to think that they can bully women into loving them, and if they can’t force women to actually love them, then by God they’ll force women to pretend to love them if we want to eat, have a roof over our heads, etc.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Erm…

There are so many levels of fail in those posts, I’m not sure where to begin… Are they also planning on using puppets as substitutes for the feminist speakers?

freitag235

If no feminists show up, I wonder what hard-hitting questions the “devils advocates” will pose?

I am very much looking forward to seeing this “debate” online. Go for it, MRAs! Even if the women don’t show up. Especially if the women don’t show up.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I must admit, an MRA debate where they attempted to represent feminism would be worth attending for entertainment value alone.

CassandraSays

“All feminists worship Valerie Solanas as their deity. The SCUM manifesto is the feminist bible. They burn scented fucking candles as part of their evil black mass.”

hellkell
hellkell

I can’t wait for the video.

freitag235

Now the fucking candles are both scented AND burning?

OUCH!

CassandraSays

Yeah, and then we have sex with alphas, just to spite other men (because of course women don’t actually have sex drives). See? Feminism really is just like Satanism, just with less goats.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

“The force of your arguments are most compelling. Indeed, we cannot criticize the rampant misogyny of Paul Elam, John the Other, TyphonBlue, and GirlWritesWhat bcuz Sharon Osbourne. I concede the point.”

freitag235

“In answer to the question of why we think your boners are your own problem, we have no answer. You are correct; your boners are entirely our fault and we have no right to refuse you sex ever. The awesomeness of your argument is overwhelming and we concede in the face of it.”

timetravellingfool
timetravellingfool

Woa, I suggested they do that as a joke on an earlier thread.

Kakanian
Kakanian

I hope that they then proceed to have sex on the stage.

It simply has to end that way.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

“Your immaculately constructed syllogism is compelling: for a man, being fired or being falsely accused of rape is not only as bad as, but worse than, actually being raped. Your side carries the round, in addition to being incredibly handsome, attractive, and wise.”

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

What human rights organization would take them seriously?

freitag235

“And rape, as you so eloquently stated, is exceptionally rare and no big deal when it does happen. When contrasted to the violent trauma of being denied sex, rape is nothing at all. Truly, MRAs you are incredible at whatever you set out to do. Our silly little ladybrains were never cut out to debate your awesome awesomeness. Or, indeed, to do anything other than worship and serve men. And provide sex whenever it is desired of us”

freitag235

Ruby, it would probably be the same kind of human rights organizations that object to prison rape as a violation of basic human rights.

Rachel Maud

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I kinda just choked with laughter

cloudiah

Is anyone going to be in Vancouver on the 23rd? Because what this guy posted on the FB thread makes it clear he should be tapped to present the feminist’s point of view. He nailed it.

Sigh.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Maybe they could debate Clint Eastwood style – just lecture some empty chairs.

skeptifem

I would love to see the MRAs show off their non-knowledge of feminism.

Pam
Pam

Maybe they could debate Clint Eastwood style – just lecture some empty chairs.

Oooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaay, I just snorted tea all over the keyboard and monitor………..

cloudiah: OMG IT IS LIKE LOOKING INTO MY SOUL

CassandraSays

The imagery of giant boobs crushing the Ten Commandments is…interesting. Who was it who suggested that these guys might have a killer femdom fetish? Zie may have a point there.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

I would love to see the MRAs show off their non-knowledge of feminism.

Chapter 1. The Beginning:
Men and women used to get along perfectly fine, with men doing real work and women cleaning the house which doesn’t count. Then along came Mary Wollstonecraft, a misandrist female who insisted that from then on circumcision would totally be a thing and that men should always be the ones to pay for drinks. Naturally, this caused the French Revolution, in which millions died.

Wollstoncraft’s novel Frankenstein is an example of this, and ends with the Bride of Frankenstein rejecting the beta nice guy Monster, presumably in order to date some alpha bad boy like Dracula.

cloudiah

Also, out of the total “confirmed” attendees (48), eight are located in places that make their attendance somewhat iffy: India, Georgia, Ohio, Germany, the Philippines… But that is okay! JtO has an amazing “loaves and fishes” ability to transform scarcity into abundance! A handful of people standing around while one guy scrapes a poster off a wall miraculously transforms into a howling mob of 30 brandishing box cutters!

So, even if it is only JtO, the car dealer, and 4 empty chairs (plus additional empty chairs in the audience, in JtO’s retelling it will become something more like this:

hellkell
hellkell

Since these guys haven’t so much pulled off a simple meetup or their Titanic prtest, I’m thinking this will be full of fail. It’ll just be that car dealer (go read his reviews, oh sweet jeebus) yelling about his ex wife.

CassandraSays

There are reviews? Links, please!

karak
karak

Did anyone read the comments? About how the female feminist moderator was harassed by feminists and LIED about it, as a pitiful member of the fempire, and falsely placed the blame on MRAs?

That’s a whole new level of delusional. “All the MRA websites say it must have been feminists, so it must have been feminists! MRAs don’t have an axe to grind here at all!”

CassandraSays

Behold, the impression that MRAs make on the general public.

While I applaud the owners for giving drug-addicted hobos the chance to work at their dealership, I can’t honestly recommend going here unless you don’t need a car but want some bizarre entertainment.

After coming back home, I checked them out online – their website is concerned less with advertising cars and more with promoting a misspelt rant about the judicial system written at a grade five level.

Check out their website before visiting them – the owner advertises having spent 30 days in jail, presumably for acting like a crazy person in court.

freitag235

Well, with such a sterling venue, how could this debate possibly not pass the sniff test?!!

CassandraSays

And now I’m actually going to be helpful, because I’m in a good mood and I feel like being nice.

Dear would-be MRA activists – if you want to use posters as activism, then the posters need to be seen by the audience that you’re trying to address. Because of this, it’s useless to make posters saying “People Of Calgary”, and then put them up in Vancouver. Unless you’re 100% sure that many of the people of Calgary drive past your dealership in Vancouver on a regular basis, it might be a better idea to put a poster like that up in…wait for it…Calgary.

Sharon Seemins
Sharon Seemins

Its not hard to imagine that the femz would ditch at the last second. After all, they did try to stop the first debate from happening.

If they don’t show up, might as well carry on as best you can I guess.

heidihi
heidihi

Ditch at the last second? By which you mean…not sign up at all?

Admit it, Sharon, this is really about that time that someone you were bothering at a club gave you a fake number to get you off her back and you were so embarrassed when you called and they told you wrong number.

CassandraSays

Sharon, honey, a bunch of MRAs sitting around going “I agree, feminism is terrible” is not a debate.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Heidi, I once heard a tale of a lady who would hand a guy a business card with 1-800-962-9414 (1-800-You-Wish) to get the pushy ones to leave her alone.

Pear_tree
Pear_tree

heidihi that happened to me once but the other way around. I got lots of text messages off a guy who wouldn’t believe I didn’t know who he was and had never talked to him before. It seemed that him and the girl where fairly friendly (judging from the one-sided texts) so maybe it was a genuine mistake. Fairly odd though, I didn’t want to give any personal information as I had no idea what was going on.

1 2 3