awesome gorillas playing guitars I am making a joke music off topic video

Off topic: Yes, the pie-throwing angel bassist is wearing roller skates.

Turns out not all men are bad! For example, Roy Wood is a man, and he did this.

If you can’t get enough of this Wizzardry, here’s another performance of the same song. And yes, the bassist is wearing angel wings and roller skates in this one too, though the guitar-playing gorillas are nowhere to be found. Also, no backup singers. I’m beginning to suspect that there might be some lip-syncing going on.

hellkell
hellkell

Not just a little bit of lip-synching. That song suuuuuuucked. I love glam rock, and know it’s served with big side of cheese, but that was limburger, not cheddar.

hermionesotter
hermionesotter

How to give your kids nightmares in a nutshell.

“Aaargh! The BLUE CANDYFLOSS HAIR!”

hermionesotter
hermionesotter

PS. To be fair to Wizzard, assuming this is the show I think it is, they weren’t usually allowed to perform live back then.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh, you want hair that gives kids nightmares (and possibly cavities)?

2-D Man
2-D Man

Wizzardry? This looks more like Wizzandry to me!

Pretty sure there are few, if any, problems that can’t be solved by Wizzard.

Except incontinence. Those videos will not stop you from pissing yourself.

aworldanonymous

@CassandraSays

I think the hairstyle in the video is worse, at least with cybergoth hair, it’s pretty easy to tell that it’s not real.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It’s the not-real that bothers me though, because I start thinking about what the extensions are made of and how flammable they probably are. It looks like people dropped a box of half-melted Pixie Stix on their heads.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Check out this lip-synching fail:

Drashizu

It looks like people dropped a box of half-melted Pixie Stix on their heads.

LOL, this is an excellent description of what that fluorescent green wig looks like.

Polliwog

Hee, Collective Soul Cat kind of made my day.

Drew
Drew

If this is off topic I don’t wanna be topical.

Myoo
Myoo

While we’re being off topic, do you like cats?

Pickle Jello
Pickle Jello

A bassist throwing a pie in roller skates? My argument has never been so invalid.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Myoo – love those pics! Especially Oh No Fart Cat’s green cloud of death. Cat 1 in our house does farts exactly like that. Usually when she’s lying on my lap. ::cough hack gasp::

opium4themasses
opium4themasses

@Tulgey Logger
Meow, That’s What I Call Music.

Hank
Hank

Can’t see the video at work but no need – I have my memories of Roy Wood because I’m old enough. Wizard were a kids favourite 73/74 ish, after all they did sing “I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday-ay-ay”.

Falconer

Ah, Hark! A Vagrant. Kate Beaton is da bomb. I wish I could think of an appropriately awesome history-themed parallel to “da bomb,” but I can’t, so there it is.

Falconer

Oh god, you can buy a lump of white goo marketed as a toy of The Flesh from Doctor Who. It even comes in a TARDIS with bits of Eleven!

I had some slime for Hordak’s Slime Pit when I was a boy. Somehow the attraction has seriously waned.

Myoo
Myoo

@Falconer
I used to have some slime thing when I was a boy, but it was its own thing, not a part of any other toy. I remember it eventually congealed and developed a nasty(er) smell.

I never had any of the He-Man buildings either, but I remember I used to have Modulok and Multi-Bot and I’d have a lot of fun mixing and matching the various parts.

leftwingfox

“le petard” probably comes closest, but that has a couple of negative connotations that would probably render it inappropriate.

Baroncognito

I sat through that entire song to hear him play the French Horn and it was a damned prop?

Hank
Hank

Hi Leftwingfox – are you thinking about “le petomaine” or is that just me.

Falconer

@Myoo — I think it was probably that slime toy thing you had. Wiki says there was a slime made mostly of guar gum marketed to the Nickelodeon market since before there was a Nickelodeon market — about 1976. Hordak’s Slime Pit was just the latest attempt to make more money off it.

We had Castle Greyskull. Our parents weren’t about to buy us the Slime Pit playset, but they got us a little canister of the goo that was being sold separately in case something happened to the goo that came with the set, like it got all over the carpet or something, and then the parents took leave of their senses and wanted to buy MORE.

My brother got Stinkor. He was a humanoid skunk who was supposed to have an incapacitating smell, but that obviously wouldn’t sell on the shelf, so they implanted the toy with a patchouli capsule. I think if I found that toy today, it would still smell as strongly as it did in the 80s. One of my college friends has a tale about dropping his Stinkor doll, which broke the patchouli capsule, and the only way they could get away from the smell was to bury the doll in the back yard.