a voice for men actual activism alpha males antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? domestic violence facepalm misogyny MRA oppressed men paul elam rape rape jokes rapey the poster revolution has begun

The whole world is watching … A Voice for Men “activists” making asses of themselves

Well,I got carried away there. It’s not literally the whole world. Only a teensy weensy portion of it.

The fellows at A Voice for Men, you see, evidently stung by criticism that they aren’t activists, have begun engaging in real, honest-to-goodness real-world activism, by which I mean that a handful of them, some in Canada and at least one in Australia, have been putting up posters advertising the AVFM website.

In other words, their activism consists of putting up posters for a website whose only activism thus far has consisted of putting up posters for itself.

Well, eventually they’ll get the hang of it, I guess.

In any case, the A Voice for Menners have discovered something about activism: if you do things that are offensive enough, people will be offended. And so they’ve managed to offend some people in Canada and in Australia where their posters have gone up. In Australia, there have even been a couple of news articles written about them! For example, one in Melbourne’s Herald Sun says:

A MAN who is littering the city with posters promoting a website that encourages men to support rapists has declined the opportunity to explain himself.

The website, which the Herald Sun has chosen not to name, is campaigning to get men sitting on juries for rape trials to “vow publicly to vote not guilty, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that the charges are true”. …

The website’s publisher, Paul Elam, told the Herald Sun he was too busy watching the movie Air Force One to be interviewed, but later said by email he stood by the campaign.

Ooh! How very, very alpha of him.

Other articles (see here and here) describe the posters as “hate posters,” because one of them seems to suggest that women provoke domestic violence against themselves. The text of the poster reads “Domestic Violence Women Are Half the Problem.”

In fact, Elam and company are trying to suggest that women instigate half of all domestic violence, and thus are “half the problem,” but they’re so wedded to the easily misunderstood “half the problem” slogan that they somehow cannot seem to get this idea across in poster form. (This idea is itself incorrect, but that’s a whole other kettle of angry dudes.) Elam and company don’t quite seem to understand that an important part of activism is actually conveying your ideas to the general public rather than simply provoking people.

You can’t buy this kind of publicity!

Well, technically, you could, but no one would, because no one would willingly pay money for a publicity campaign that makes them appear to be hateful assholes — and in fact, even a teensy bit more hateful than they actually are.

So, congratulations, I guess?

If anyone wants to help AVFM in its publicity campaign, the super-sarcastic poster below, and a number of other poorly thought out and badly designed posters, can be downloaded from AVFM here by “anyone who wants to print and distribute them.”

Note: THIS IS A REAL AVFM POSTER. I didn’t make it up. See here.

gelar
gelar

For “get off your sofa?” Really?

Bolded for your convenience:

Reading “RAPE!” in “get off your sofa and meet girls” is just insane.

wandarox

If she objects, get a condom

If she objects, stop.

Fixed it for you.

pecunium

Good God… you people really do see rape in everything. Roosh is just telling MRAs to snap out of their victim mentality and approach attractive women instead of wallowing in pity blogs. Reading “RAPE!” in “get off your sofa and meet girls” is just insane.

If that’s what he was doing, you’d be right, but he’s not, he’s saying says things like this:

“No” when you try to take off her jeans or shirt means… “You need to turn me on a lot more.”
“No” when you try to take off her bra means… “Try again in five minutes.”
“No” when you try to take off her panties means… “Don’t give up now!”

I find the only word that means no is “stop.” If you hear that word then she’ll be asking you to leave soon after.

For every rape accusation I’d want to know at what stage of undress the girl was at before the supposed rape happened. If she was completely naked until saying no, and got there voluntarily, then I’d be reluctant to charge the man with rape unless there were signs of violence. Women need to understand that men aren’t robots who can suddenly stop at the drop of a dime with all that testosterone pumping through their system. Therefore it would be prudent for them not to enter situations where the average man can’t stop due to his innate weaknesses as an animal whose entire existence depends on him successfully mating.

Married to:

Rape Game: Used for when a girl is acting either difficult or prudish. Drag her to your place and tell her you’re going to have her way with her and there’s nothing she can do about it. Throw her on the bad, rip off her clothing, and do what you promised while ignoring her fake protests. With some girls you need to simulate rape conditions to get the bang, but be careful because rape game correlates highly to unprotected sex. The last thing a girl cares about when getting fantasy raped is using a condom. Also, you might want to use a fake name and safe house when running rape game in a Western country.

It’s not that we see rape everywhere, it’s that Roosh tells people to commit rape.

pecunium

Nice strawman?

How is: Um, yeah, see we didn’t read “rape” in “get off your sofa and meet girls” we read rape in “She wants you wear a condom? Just stick your uncondomed dick in her until she stops complaining”.

Not an accurate recap of, “When gearing up for the second act of sex, just diddle her vagina with your dick and stuff it in. If she objects, get a condom and try again next time. By the fourth of fifth time, you’ll be banging raw guaranteed.”

Because she didn’t consent to the lack of a condom, and he doesn’t listen when she says no.

Given his other comments on how no doesn’t mean no, I’m not really willing to believe that the, “gearing up” is always consensual either.

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

Rooshv would be a wanker even if he weren’t a rape-encourager. He sees women as slimey holes with attached boobs.

Ofc, thinking of women as slimey holes with attached boobs basically makes you a rape-encourager anyway.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Oops. Looks like the manosphere isn’t happy with one of the guys from Project Innocence. Seems he wrote a piece on how completely disposable men are both now with invitro and possibly sooner than we’d like if female parthogenisis becomes a viable technology.

Why do these arguments always come down to “you’ll need us because you can’t build or fix things”?

I’m sure that as a biologist, the guy is aware that human reproductive technology is approaching a place where humans are unnecessary to conception and gestastion. But that has never been the only reason humans bond with each other. The “women need protection during pregnancy” also falls flat for this reason.

Humans stay together for many more reasons than just “what do I get out of it”.

Cliff Pervocracy

Nobody needs men for their manhood, just like nobody needs blue-eyed people for their blue-eye-ownership. It doesn’t logically follow that blue-eyes are worthless and should be purged from society.

How about finding value in being a HUMAN for once?

Gametime
Gametime

An Inconvenient Truth said:

Nice strawman. Here’s the actual quote: “When gearing up for the second act of sex, just diddle her vagina with your dick and stuff it in. If she objects, get a condom and try again next time. By the fourth of fifth time, you’ll be banging raw guaranteed.”

Nope, not rape.

Other people have already pointed out that Roosh has been pretty explicit with his rape advocacy in other places, but if you’re honestly trying to argue that this isn’t fucking rapey as hell, I just don’t know what to tell you. “Initiate nonconsensual sex over and over until she stops vocalizing her non-consent” is coercive and disgusting.

blitzgal

This, a million times, this. If you refuse to stop and the only way she has to get you the fuck out of her house and out of her face is to just give in, then you have raped that person. When you put someone in the position of not being able to say no, because you’ve refused to back down, you have raped that person. You have not seduced that person, you have made it clear to her that she cannot say no, even if she wants to say no.

There are many, many people in this world to whom that exact scenario has happened, and all assholes like you say in response to that is that they shouldn’t have let these guys in their homes or their rooms. As if letting someone in your home automatically means that person gets to fuck you, regardless of what you want or say. And yet, assholes like you also say that Schrodinger’s Rapist is unfair to men.

blitzgal

Sorry Gametime, that second paragraph is not aimed at you. I started addressing Truthie directly without being clear that I was doing so.

2-D Man
2-D Man

When purchasing a second item from a store, just hang around the doors with the item and attempt to leave without paying. If an employee objects, go to a checkout, pay for it and try again next time. By the fourth or fifth time, you won’t have to pay.

In AIT’s estimation, this doesn’t count as shoplifting.

This passage also highlights what ‘rape culture’ means: do you think you’d get away with three or four shoplifting attempts? Why would someone get away with that many attempts at non-consensual sex (ie. rape)? (Remember that in Roosh’s scenario, unprotected sex was not consented to – and that’s important.)

cloudiah

MRAs continue being terrible at graphic design: http://imgur.com/Apy7c

Source.

Gametime
Gametime

@Blitzgal: No worries! It was pretty clear from context. 🙂

Polliwog
Polliwog

MRAs continue being terrible at graphic design: http://imgur.com/Apy7c

Also, apparently, at writing even vaguely coherently. “Is with a harder time getting welgare”?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Wait…that’s an actual poster that they made? Intentionally?

“Welgare” sounds like something that should be trying to kill hobbits.

Polliwog
Polliwog

PROOFREADING IS MISANDRY.

kladle
kladle

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

also speaking of strange english, where did our pal explore nature go??? I miss him 🙁

Falconer
Falconer

The… the recent comments… it’s CATS all the way down!

WHAT HAPPEN?

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

Falconer: Either you’re with us, or against us!

blitzgal

Where is the kitty avatar creator? I WANT ONE!

wandarox

MRAs continue being terrible at graphic design: http://imgur.com/Apy7c

Doesn’t have the government start initiatives to to help his health? And here I thought most MRAs wanted the government to leave them alone (socialism being feminist propaganda and all of that). Funny, it’s only when it benefits them do they want the government’s help. Also, I love how it’s the GOVERNMENT’S job to start initiatives instead of, like, lobbying for such initiatives themselves. Because fighting for things is HARD WORK and requires more than whining on the internet.

kladle
kladle

the cat generator is here: http://neutralx0.net/tool/bnmk_e.html

you can upload the picture by going to gravatar.com and following the instructions

Cliff Pervocracy

“has his worth determined to be worthless by his gender alone”

And that’s why Albert Einstein, George Washington, and William Shakespeare are all considered entirely worthless by the general public.

blitzgal

Yay, thank you!

blitzgal

Grr, it worked a second ago.

nerdiah
nerdiah

Graham: “I had no idea they’d been so ineffective for so long.”

That is part of the joke, isn’t it? Now I’m doubting my own reality. After posting I found out that ‘Unknown History of Misandry’ is reposted all over the MRAwebs, and had even been invited by Paul Elam himself to guest post at Voice for Men. And now manboobz is quoting it like it’s real.

I mean really, ‘The League for the Rights of Men / Menschenrechte’ was founded in 1926 in Austria? Surely it couldn’t be so obvious, the mistake must be mine. Or is it?

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

Sometimes it takes a few minutes to update it.

aworldanonymous

I second blitzgal’s comment on where the kitty avatar creator is, I want one too.

ostara321
ostara321

In AIT’s estimation, this doesn’t count as shoplifting.

I know when I worked in a department store this is TOTALLY how we would handle shoplifters. /sarcasm

nerdiah
nerdiah

Damn it, if it is satire, it is freakin’ genius. Now I wish I could go back and delete my comments. Feel free to delete my comments please David F!

blitzgal

Oh, now I am kittified. Nice.

BlueBee
BlueBee

In case anyone is interested, they plasters a bunch of those stupid A Voice for Men posters again, in Hamilton. Except it rained today and that made it very easy to tear down those posters.

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

Testing my new kitty gravatar.

wordsp1nner
wordsp1nner

Hey. I am WordSpinner, it was just that was taken when I signed up for Gravatar, so now I’m wordsp1nner so I can have a cute kitty avatar. KITTIES FOR EVERYONE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED.

blitzgal

I like it! Everyone must be assimilated!

Oh, this is where the kittehs are coming from.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

It actually started in the kitteh post, but it’s spreading.

jumbofisch
jumbofisch

Mwahahahhahhah

cloudiah

Kittehs are taking over the worldd!!!! I think they have repelled all the trolls.

blitzgal

Kay, KATZ HAZ KITTY

An Inconvenient Truth
An Inconvenient Truth

Why would such a store keep allowing you inside?

skeptifem

“Why would such a store keep allowing you inside?”

because creep shaming is misandry! duh!

on a serious note, the scenarios listed are ones where a woman cannot easily get away. There is little “allowing” going on at that point.

aworldanonymous

Now I am a kitty too.

aworldanonymous

Except I fail at gravatar so I’m not.

C-c-combo breaker!

(Inconvenient Truth is the combo breaker. Aworldanon is a kitty.)

cloudiah

You’re a cute kitty, aworldanon — clear your cache.

ostara321
ostara321

Why would such a store keep allowing you inside?

Still missing the point, I see.

AlexB
AlexB

So, does anyone know of any good books for girls/young women that explain that guys like this exist, and explains some tactics to spot them and deal with them? The Gift of Fear is pretty good but a version which is updated for the age of PUAs would be really useful, I think.

Knowing about boundary testing and other predator tactics could save a lot of girls (not all girls, of course, and I have no wish to victim blame here) from ever being alone in a room with pieces of shit like this to begin with. And recognising immediately that a guy you’re with is doing rapey shit is also a really important thing that doesn’t come immediately to a lot of women because there is that confused freeze/is this really happening response that kicks in. I think there’s some extent to which some decent education about consent and boundaries could help stave that off.

It just really upsets me that so many women have to go through the same process I went through, of learning the hard way through various encounters with predators and shitheads not to be “nice.” I know reading The GIft Of Fear in my early twenties was awesomely helpful for me, in that it validated my need to set strong boundaries, and gave me the confidence to decline any sort of conversation or interaction I didn’t want. And I grew up before PUA was a thing. I think it might be even worse now.

I mean, obviously in an ideal world interpersonal boundaries and This is What Rape Looks Like would be taught in school, to both boys and girls. But failing that… does a book like that exist?

KittehServant
KittehServant

My kitteh is a kitteh! I has been assimilated! Yay!