a voice for men antifeminism awesome incoherent rage misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men the poster revolution has begun

Man Boobzers Join the Poster Revolution Against Misandry and Mean Ladies!

One of Cliff Pervocracy’s outstanding contributions.

As I noted in my last post, the gang over at A Voice for Men have launched a veritable POSTER REVOLUTION against the evil gynocracy, by which I mean a couple of dudes have designed some posters and a couple other dudes have put some of them up.

Much like the web site they represent, these posters are dumb and ugly and incoherently angry. Feeling generous, some Man Boobzers have designed some more posters for them to use, trying their best to capture the unique qualities that make A Voice for Men posters so, well, special. Cloudiah has collected them together on her hilarious blog Artistry For Feminism. And Kittens. Check them out!

cloudiah

I’ve hit the big time! πŸ˜‰

fembot

Those are effing hilarious. The Orlando Bloom was is my favorite. Enter caption 3 here. LOL!!!! πŸ˜€

cloudiah

fembot, I added your meme! Hilarious.

p00kah

No, no, no. The posters here drive traffic to *their* site. Drive traffic to *manboobz*. Change the urls on the posters and make the messages clearly pro-feminist. You’re shooting yourselves in the feet for crying out loud.

speedlines
speedlines

Au contraire, A Voice For Men is the MRM’s best advertisement. Unfortunately for them.

p00kah

@speedlines, pfft, okay, as you were. I still say you’re drinking poison and waiting for your enemy to die, though. Good luck.

cloudiah

All the URLs point to manboobz.com except for one that points to the Pervocracy blog. ???

p00kah

@cloudiah: I saw a few that refer to “avoiceforpoop.com”, and no one will understand those without much contextual assistance imho. A few refer to ‘a voice for men’; one tells people to google a voice for men, (!!!!!!!!!!). Look at the one with the happy-faced Sharon Osborne; that one could’ve come from Paul Elam himself.

Didn’t see *one* that had a manboobz url or even an effective and catchy message that would A) drive traffic to manboobz, or B) clearly destroy the message of avoiceformen.com. Not one.

I hope you don’t mind constructive criticism, because I’m really not trying to throw a wet blanket on your efforts. I just looked at the website ratings for manboobz and compared them to top MRM sites and found manboobz to be falling behind. Fix this.

drashizu

p00kah, I’m pretty sure these posters aren’t going to be, uh, printed out and plastered up around town. In fact… is anyone who doesn’t already know they’re satire going to see them? Considering the context they appear in on cloudiah’s blog, and all.

cloudiah

Well, I can’t fix anything on the Man Boobz site, but I think David is doing a fine job with that. Since only a very few people visit my blog, I really doubt I am to blame IF manboobz.com is falling behind MRM sites on clicks.

On my blog, at least with the last post, the links that count (i.e. that are embedded in the blog, that Google can “see”) are to manboobz.com or to the Pervocracy blog. The “links” on the posters are not links that any browser can interpret, since they are hidden within .jpg or .gif files. That is, no one can click on them so search engines don’t count them. All of the clickable links on that post are to pro-feminist sites.

And yeah, the Sharon Osbourne one is so completely ridiculous that if you think it could have come from Paul Elam himself… Well, I’m not really sure where you are coming from.

p00kah

Ah, got it. Complaining and patting yourselves on the backs isn’t going to cut it for too much longer imho. Guys I know are quickly adopting MRM and PUA attitudes and positions, and also in lieu of the web traffic stats, it seems to me that you’re quickly losing your ideological propriety.

LOL, this reminds me of the conventional heterosexual relationship psychobabble which says that women just want their feelings to be validated and men err when actually trying to fix the problems…

Oh well, cheers to tragic comedies!

Bostonian

So, it’s Pell time already?

speedlines
speedlines

That was the weirdest concern troll I’ve ever seen.

gelar
gelar

They forgot to mention that Cloudiah hasn’t even registered the domain name for avoiceforpoop.com. Such a grievous oversight should not be ignored.

cloudiah

I’ve been busy. I will have to register avoiceforpoop.com tomorrow.

p00kah

@speedlines: I work at a college and grade a lot of papers. It used to be the guy who said stuff about men’s rights was the lone right wing weirdo everyone shot incredulous glances at. More and more, I’m seeing papers that echo MRM positions and attitudes. More and more, the guys who talk about misandry are getting thoughtful and approving nods. If you think I’m a “troll”, you better pull your head out of wherever you have it stuffed and wake up.

cloudiah

p00kah, I’m pretty sure you are making that up.

Gametime
Gametime

Oh no, a few college students are spouting incredibly stupid ideas, this is clearly the sign of an ideological revolution and not at all just what happens at every college in the world.

(Also, I’m pretty sure the fact that MRM sites get more traffic than a single site mocking those sites doesn’t actually mean they’re gaining influence. They’d have to be overtaking prominent feminist blogs for that to be even remotely credible.)

Bostonian

Yes, it is indeed Pell time.

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

Lurkers agree with me by email guyz.

p00kah

@cloudiah: Well, I’d like to believe a lot of things too. I’ll see what I can do to help your cause, but I’m disappointed by what I’ve seen here. Perhaps the student who referred me here might have the time and knowledge to start a real anti-MRM site, because I sure don’t.

cloudiah

@p00kah, you should definitely start your own blog. I’d love to mock it.

fembot

Thank you for including me, Cloudiah. I am honored. πŸ™‚

avoiceforpoop.com.

LOL. This has to become a real thing.

feministwiep

Beautiful. You guys rock πŸ™‚

p00kah

Well, good luck to you all. You’re going to need it from the sound of things.

fembot

Well, good luck to you all. You’re going to need it from the sound of things.

Huh?

I think we’ll be just fine.

I like this one already.

jumbofish
jumbofish

Wut is going on even…This is like concern trolling x10

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Just to ease Pellpookah’s anxiety I am totally going to start a serious anti-MRM blog tomorrow. It will be moderated by my cat.*

*Please note that moderation will consist mostly of whiny requests for laser toy playtime.

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

I had to laugh at the anecdote about the R*n P**l supporter. Genius move, that.

At least the MRM know to put actual links on their posters. πŸ˜›

Joanna

The Hilary Clinton one is hilarious. So many exclamation marks. XD

heidihi
heidihi

This thread has a high troll-hilarity to amount-of-comment ratio. Nice.

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

Asking gay people to help overthrow feminism is pretty funny. “Just don’t gay up the place.” LOL

Cliff Pervocracy

P00Pell:

1) We don’t consider Manboobz a serious social movement that requires outreach; it’s just a mockery website, not like The Face of Feminism

2) Those posters are not a serious promotional effort

3) Those posters aren’t going to be printed out or posted anywhere

4) When I tell people in the real world about Manboobz, I always have to explain what a MRA is, because they’ve never heard the term before.

heidihi
heidihi

@Cliff Pervocracy, regarding #4: right??? I wonder if Pookie makes the next logical step in hir head: a site mocking something is going to get more traffic the more people know about the thing being mocked. Otherwise, no one gets the joke and then you have to explaaaiiiin the premise and it’s like then the joke isn’t funny anymore…basically this site is kind of like, jokes for the balcony.

Cliff Pervocracy

…I wonder if, since opposition to feminism is the defining characteristic of MRAs, p00kie thinks opposition to MRAs is the most important part of feminism? That would make Manboobz a very important site indeed, and under-promotion of Manboobz really would signify a failure of feminism.

Fortunately that is EXTREMELY Not How It Works.

xardoz

Oh p00’pell, why’d you have to turn a perfectly cromulent concern troll into one of your Alpha Man delusions. Next you’ll be an astronaut geneticist with a ton of MRA brosephs…

indifferentsky

Pookah, that’s funny because guys I know are deriving tons of self esteem from the MRM the more they look into them, and laugh their asses off, and then get concerned and pissed off… and then start laughing again.

I can think of four guys quickly without even trying, in my own life that have realized how not mentally diseased they are by comparison.. A couple of my male friends love that I go to manboobz, and when I’m feeling down, I’ve had two of them say “HEY what’s on manboobZ, you should go check that out!”

We’re all quite happy with it.

lurker
lurker

I have never posted before cause I’m not half-way as clever as to come up with the brilliant things you do (seriously, that Orlando Bloom poster is incredibly hilarious in its deliberate badness), but even I know that those posters are supposed to be mockery and not actual activism.

Not that it is too hard to figure it out, since all it took was to actually read the post (the first sentence of it anyway) and then click on that link and… well, read that.
I didn’t realize that this was such a hard feat for college professors, but apparently it is.

pecunium

I want to know where this school is that has lots of dudes deciding to write about the MRM is praiseworthy tomes.

cloudiah

I kind of hope some of those posters do get printed out and posted. Someone should film people’s reactions.

cloudiah

Also, I’ve had over 1000 views since yesterday. Previous 2-day high? 47. It must be all that traffic from AVfM. πŸ˜‰

Falconer
Falconer

Is p00kah negging us? Zie’s all like, youse guys are waaaaaay behind these fringe sites where straight, cis white men go to complain about teh bit chuz, and we’re supposed to be like, OH PLEASE TELL US HOW TO SUCK YOUR DICK INCREASE OUR TRAFFIC.

Oh, I know, we’ve got a troll who works in SEO, let’s ask him!

But seriously, what the fuck? p00kah was a weird experience.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Bravo, Cloudiah! I’m getting a huge kick out the posters over at your site. Congrats to everyone who did all those.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

P00kah is one of the best examples excruciating ignorance of the concern trolls that show up on feminist blogs that I have ever seen, and I have seen more than my share.
1, you made a mistake
2, I hope you don’t mind criticism
3, I’m just trying to help
4, you are doing it wrong
5, if you won’t take my advice you will lose
6, flounce

If the concern troll is dedicated we may see
7, return to set the record straight
8, repeat flounce
rinse and repeat

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

The posters are excellent!

ostara321
ostara321

@Pecunium, sadly, I think they probably are a lot more common than folks might think – heck, at a lot of colleges there’s still a lot of the victim-blamey “anti-rape” type of presentation given – I know I remember mine pretty well, and it wasn’t THAT long ago. It’s not too out there for dudes to have opinions that are along MRA lines when you have politicians saying stuff that isn’t too far from their “activism” and “rape prevention” folks basically feeding into the rape apologia the MRM espouses. Granted, I went to a predominantly conservative private Christian college, but I know even at larger, secular more traditionally “liberal” universities like the one at which I currently work, even when we’ve got brilliant, wonderful folks working to give students a better understanding of what rape is and how to prevent it (via calling out a culture that encourages rape or brushes it off as nothing, rather than giving out reasons to blame the victims) we’ll still have student’s who’ll say in the face of damning statistics “are you sure those are accurate? Hmm. Are you saying all men are rapists?”

It’s unlikely these guys are getting their opinions from MRAs considering there are plenty more Reprehensible Akins both in the government and in plenty of other high profile private sector positions and it seems like MRM sites are sorta the Isla de Muerta of the internet – ya gotta be digging REAL deep to find that shit. I don’t see the way conversation about gender issues can be so far skewed as indicative of any gains the MRM has made, rather, it’s just indicative of a whole culture of victim blaming we still need to dismantle.

That said, whining that mockery of these dudes just isn’t doing enough to dismantle their movement is hardly constructive either. I don’t see pookah rushing off to create “better”* posters that will drive traffic to David’s site.

*Not sure really how you could make those posters better, I’m still giggling about the last one.