antifeminism beta males disgusting women evil fat fatties evil women girl germs kitties marriage strike men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA reddit that's not funny!

MGTOWers, a little late to the party, try their hand at a Downfall parody video

How to make a hilarious “Downfall” parody, in two steps.

Step One: Make one like this.

Step Two: Don’t make one like this.

Naturally, the second video here went over like gangbusters on the Men’s Rights subreddit.  One critic declared:

Another had this suggestion:

I dunno. “Your_Fun_Counselor” doesn’t really strike me as being very much fun at all.

pecunium

hellkell, I don’t think you have to limit his market ignorance to commodities.

Joe will be amazed to discover that the nothing you earn by commodities training can in fact be exchanged for large houses, fancy vacations, etc.

And sometimes you just end up with 28,000 tons of coal.

hellkell
hellkell

Pecunium, no, that was just tonight’s glaring example of Shit Joe Knows Jack About.

Gametime
Gametime

Fuck off you racist bigot!!

Good to know Joe’s buttons are as easy to push as ever.

So, Joe, have you reconciled yourself to the fact that literally every person in the world who complains about Jewish banker conspiracies and violent Muslim immigrants is a huge racist?

ragefromthebasement

The self importance of these MGTOWs makes me laugh. Their only motivation is to exact revenge upon the society that has hurt their feelings, by “disappearing”. They won’t work, spend money, date or marry women, and we are supposed to feel their absence SO ACUTELY that we (women? feminists? politicians?) crawl on our knees begging them to rejoin society? Ha ha ha. I have a feeling these guys wouldn’t be contributing much to society anyway. But I have to admit, MGTOW is a great way to make laziness appear as a “political” choice.

hellkell
hellkell

Better Than Bullion or the Wyler’s cubes? I prefer the former, but it’s not as stable as the cubes. 😉

fembot

Nancy Drew and the Careening Cock Carousel. LOL

The above comment from Rage was me, btw.

fembot

I have all of my money in Cat Food Stocks. Once the hypergamy bubble bursts, I’ll be swimming in sweet spinster cash. 😀

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Nancy Drew and the Careening Cock Carousel.

Is this a Hardy Boys crossover fic now?

pecunium

hellkell: I use homemade stock, reduced to the level of portable soup. Keeps for about five years, in good storage. That’s the emergency supply. The rest is frozen at a minor reduction.

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

@Joe: If undocumented migrants are ‘stealing’ all our jobs because they’re being exploited by the big bad bosses AND you truly care about them, it seems to me the proper response is to organize workers of all industries into one of them newfangled ‘union’ things and to have workers work together to raise the migrants’ pay and benefits to an acceptable standard, so that they don’t end up undercutting all of us ‘real Americans’ on the job market.

You know, like the IWW (Wobblies) did.

But then that would involve actually working on the problem at the source rather than using it as a poor excuse to bash on those with less power while convincing yourself you’re speaking truth to power.

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

It would also involve recognizing that any human being is as deserving of a job as you are.

Myoo
Myoo

@BlackBloc

And stopping the whole deportation thing, so workers don’t have to be afraid to report under payed and/or unsafe working conditions.

Falconer
Falconer

I do not get to say who is a fan of Doctor Who.

I do not get to say who is a fan of Doctor Who.

I do not get to say who is a fan of Doctor Who.

But Christ in the time stream, Joe, you don’t get to appropriate the I wear X now, X are cool just so you can feel smug despite losing an Internet argument.

Falconer
Falconer

Oh, and I notice Joe was all cool with selling his widow’s mite of gold for fiat money, which he then exchanged for goods and/or services.

Guess he’s not all that upset with the notion of fiat money.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

The First Joe is boring. All of his posts about gold makes him sound like Glenn Beck.

This is precious:

when I was working my last salaried job, I put a small part of the savings I had then into actual physical gold sovereigns (bullion, not collector grade). Over the intervening 6 years the value of that gold doubled. That was about 16% appreciation per annum!

Well, let’s consult the Google. http://goldprice.org/30-year-gold-price-history.html. The last time that gold doubled in price relative to the pound over a six year period was in the late 1970s. And this price increase was driven by the libertarian panic of Britain moving to a fiat system.

So, either you’re lying, or your last salaried job ended in 1974, and then you made a fuckton of money by selling your gold to other panicky libertarians. In other words, you owe your “boat” to the switch to fiat money and the associated idiocy of other libertarians.

And oh no! Some people you know invest in gold and are doing alright! How will my theory survive this! It’s not like people have ever done well invested in actually useful things instead of shiny metal! Poor Warren Buffet, living in poverty with all that shiny metal.

Ugh

Kind of interestingly, if you had kept that gold, then, accounting for inflation, it would have depreciated roughly 50% from then to now. Even with Glenn Beck libertarians buying all the shiny metal that big banks can put in front of them.

Ugh

*Warren Buffet living in poverty with all that fiat money

@Joe

Also, kind of hilarious how you’re quoting Fight Club. Have you ever noticed how that movie works better as a parody of angry young men than as a manifesto?

I mean, it starts with the dude being so upset at having to conform to all these societal rules, so he instead makes a new society that is even more conformist and tries to make the whole world follow it.

Ugh

I bought my little bit of gold in ’01 or ’02 as I recall, I know I sold it summer ’07.

Oh, I just checked the charts and my mistake. I guess I understimated the libertarians of today.

pecunium

Ugh: There was a spike. Of the various metals, the one to buy, in that time frame was lead. Gold is (as you know) not all that useful, as a thing (though some uses of it in electrical devices are being made, because of it’s low resistance).

But the insistence, on the part of Britain; mostly that gold was a real thing (thank you John Locke, for screwing that up) has warped the thinking of many. It was gold’s abstract nature that made it (and silver) useful as a currency. It wasn’t useful in any other way, so it could stand for other things.

Floating currencies are even better at this; but the Joes of the world can’t seem to handle that level of abstraction.

@pecunium

Well, it probably isn’t helping the Joes of the world that most conspiracy radio show and websites have ads by gold outlets.

I mean, Joe made a killing taking advantage of the panic buying of his fellow libertarians, but so did every major bank. They have a pretty strong interest in sponsoring shows and websites that tell peiople their ordinary money will be worthless soon and they should buy as much gold from the world financial establishment as possible.

Glenn Beck almost went to prison for it.

Dracula
Dracula

I do not get to say who is a fan of Doctor Who.

I do not get to say who is a fan of Doctor Who.

I do not get to say who is a fan of Doctor Who.

True enough. But as you imply, the real issue here is that Joe has never been, nor will he ever be, as cool as the Doctor. Because unlike Joe, the Doctor is not an ignorant reactionary shithead.

He can try to fake the attitude, but he obviously lacks the spirit.

Sharculese

also i like how he felt the need to explain the reference, thinking that if he just worked harder he could overcome the fact that he said it in the lamest way possible

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Well, there is one guy who is always willing to buy gold at inflated prices.

kiki
kiki

I once met someone who worked at one of those gold exchange places. She told me, with only the tiniest twinge of guilt registering on her face, about how she would give not-too-smart returning American tourists about 30 cents a piece for the gold content of their pound (sterling) coins, each of which is of course worth about a buck fifty in ‘fiat money’.

Hope Joe’s getting a good deal.

And it peaked the week my parents bought their wedding bands. #badtiming

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

It works best as a psychotic homoerotic love story, imho. Didn’t know that was Joe’s thing.

Falconer
Falconer

When I saw Fight Club, I was convinced it was about something.

Of course, I thought The Phantom Menace (owwww) was about something, too.

howardbann1ster
howardbann1ster

Yeah, there are layers to Fight Club. Palahniuk is like that. Because it starts out with just the seductive nature of somebody who tells you that you are being oppressed and if you tear down all the old stuff what’s left, what’s new, will be better, will be right. And then it kind of gets to the fact that you are not really being oppressed, you are a white dude on top of the heap, and you are the tool of your own oppression.

Or, yeah, I could be reading into it.

But it sure SEEMS like a searing indictment of everything 1stJoe preaches from here.

@howard

*SPOLIERS*
To be fair, I haven’t read the book. But the climax of the movie seems to be saying that Narrator was making the conscious choice all along to allow Tyler control, because he liked the power. When he finally took responsibility and was honest with himself about what was happening, he was finally able to drop the alter ego and relate to another human being.

Regardless of that arc, the whole “consumer society is so alienating and dehumanizing, now join my cult where we have no names and chant all the time and dream of locking those we don’t like into cages” theme was pretty fantastic.

Ugh

On the other hand, there is a fair bit of crypto-MRA shit going on (modern men buying duvets is horrible oppression! It’s like they’re women!), and most people I know who REALLY like it are pretty sexist, so maybe I’m not picking up on the same themes.

hellkell
hellkell

Ugh: the ending of the book and the movie are two different things.

howardbann1ster
howardbann1ster

There’s actually room for a whole series of essays on the differences between the book and movie, I think. But I have difficulty reading Palahniuk–so that could be just me.

But both the book and movie sort of fail on a Poe’s law level… folks like MightyJoeFirst here can see a perfect formulation of their argument. If you look closer, you can see that maybe that glorified version of their mighty justifications is mocking it, but they will never be able to see it as satire.

What is it they say about war movies? No satire will ever be recognized as such by the jingoistic? Full Metal Jacket and Platoon are watched by war-fetishists all the time. They don’t see any criticism.

howardbann1ster
howardbann1ster

To be clear–the Poe’s law failure here isn’t really the fault of the author. (though, um, sometimes)

The problem is a particular kind of single-minded reading where you ignore anything you disagree with.

Shades of confirmation bias.

The First Joe
The First Joe

@ragefromthebasment – do try to keep up. I just exploded every one of your strawman stereotypes about MGTOW upthread. You look like a drooling moron when you repeat things that have already been disproven.

The point about MGTOW isn’t that we expect society to change in response to it – Ahahahahaha! Don’t be fucking ridiculous! We’re not so naive as to believe all those cash and prizes will be given up now! Nor do we expect that there’s some kind of road of repentance “back” to the “old ways”. Hell, the “old ways” sucked a lot for men too. Feminist Opportunism and Social Conservativism are both rocks that grind men like corn.

MGTOW don’t WANT to go back to be taking for granted & working our asses off, living and dying for ungrateful wife / kids / country. We’re free now, and we’re staying that way.

No. The point of MGTOW is to live the best life we can, within the hostile environment we are subject to. And if not to hasten the collapse of a thoroughly corrupt system, at the very least to starve it of our direct support.
It’s a non-violent, passive resistance that also involves having a great time! And NOT: going to jail, getting beaten / cuffed / shot by cops, nor keel-hauled in secret family court, stuck in indentured servitude, slammed into debtors prison, nor killing ourselves.

MGTOW is the Tai Chi of social activism. A “soft” / Yin resistance. To the “hard” / Yang attack by an over-reaching police state / prison industrial system.

You strike and strike and strike against us. But we are not there.
You threaten us and grasp at us. We slip through your hands like water.
You tempt us. We do not notice.
You berate us and shame us and demean us. We don’t care.
By ceasing to pursue all the things society insists we must desire. We win.

Non Serviam! Elutheria!

(Have fun with that^ Latin / Greek pedants! :p )

LOL!! @Ugh, who posts triumphantly crowing how I couldn’t possibly have made X% on the deal that I did…. and then checks the charts again and has to ‘fess up to being wrong again. And still somehow keeps up with his faux-pity trolling. Give up. You were WRONG.

Also, quoting a 20second clip of a movie to make a very particular point does NOT equal “this moooovie is uh mannerfesto”. You enormous idiot. Hahahahahaa!!!

@Blackbloc – I’ve been a dues-paying union man for nearly 20 years, as it happens. And I absolutely agree that collective wage negotiation is a vital thing.
Global corporates draw on outsourced labour in developing nations where unionisation is brutally oppressed AND they also lobby on the one hand to keep illegal immigrants illegal, and on the other they use the same people to boost their profits – depressing wages globally. But you know this.
I was merely pointing this reality out to someone posting here who was crowing about how MGTOW would somehow = more money for her.
I disapprove of this corporate manipulated reality.
I do NOT blame the poor immigrants (legal or illegal) for doing their best to earn a crust.
I do blame global mega-corps and their crony gov’ts for fucking us all.

@Gametime – it was YOU that equated banksters with “Jewish”. Guess what? There’s millions of Jews who are NOT banksters!! Surprise! YOU fucking RACIST!!!
You’re also an apologist for a global 0.001% class of globalist criminals who are responsible for breathtaking crimes against humanity. You are a pathetic BIGOT.

@pecunium – floating currency is not necessarily a problem (although speculation against floating currencies can be). USURY is always a problem, and any currency that yields interest to its creators is a “pump” that inevitably moves real tangible wealth from the many to the few. Anyone capable of doing simple maths understands this (so, sorry 110%Myoo – that’s not you!).

Again, for some really interesting discussions of different currencies, & their different pros and cons, and proposals to improve people’s lives, I recommend Bernard Leitaer’s site – he’s NOT an MRM / MRA / MGTOW, nor afaik a Libertarian – he is a very experienced economist and currency expert. Check his stuff out.

@Joe

I was wrong. That’s the difference between you and me, I own up to it.

You sure managed to take advantage of a financial panic to make a quick buck from suckers. So did the banks. Well done.

The point about MGTOW isn’t that we expect society to change in response to it

Find me a single MGTOW forum where people have not made repeated posts about how sorry those women will be when they grow old and the MGTOW won’t marry them, then come back with this BS.

I mean, it’s really more of irrelevant complaining and non-action, that the system sees as another form of consumerism. A lot of corporate executives have made millions off people “resisting” by buying Fight Club DVDs and V for Vendetta masks.

If you really wanted to go away, you’d go away, not hang out here complaining about how hard it is for you.

Ugh

I mean, if you told actual corporate leaders about how you went off to live in a boat, they wouldn’t be all “Oh no, a man doesn’t want a house and kids, how will we ever survive,” they’d be like “when you gas up that boat, buy Shell.”

The First Joe
The First Joe

@Howard and Ugh – so funny how you create a strawman and then churn out pages picking it apart. 😀

The POINT was. Rand’s idea that superior architect man MGTOWing = end of society is probably false.
Vs.
That 20sec speech that when you fuck with the guys who fix the sewers and take away the garbage and guard you and cook your meals – if they MGTOW that’d have a much more profound impact.

That is all.

Not all your absdljfkgsavhsbfdlgvcnsbdgjkcwa whatthefuckever middle-class psuedo-psychological horseshit! Wankers!

And yeah, there was a lot to Fight Club. Duh. Which is what makes it a great movie.

There’s so much there, it almost works like a mirror or Rorshach test. So racist Howard sees “OMG TEH EVIL WHITE MENZ” and homophobic Ugh sees “OMG HOMOEROTICA”.

pecunium

Joe, do try to keep up: We dismissed paeaen to the glories of Joe, because it’s immaterial. The idea that MGTOWs are actually going their own ways?

Risible. Yes I am sure there are some men going their own way. We don’t care about them, because they went.

You, and yours, however, aren’t going. You are bleating about how sorry everyone will be when enough of you finally get off your arse and go, but in the meanwhile you are complaining that no one wants you around.

Dude… it’s not the currency that does that. It’s the system using it. Britain did that very thing when it was gold behind the money.

Gold won’t fix that.

I’d have more trust in Lietaer if he were, as well as an economist, an anthropologist. Because what he’s preaching isn’t new, and it’s not as radical as you seem to think it.

Monetary systems have failed before (the fall of Rome being the most notable). People coped. The fact of the matter is money is, having once been invented, impossible to give up. It makes large scale trade possible. I agree with you, in part, on the subject of interest. Guaranteed return is a problem.

The sense that monetary debts are somehow privileged is the problem. But that problem is independet of the medium of exchange.

Which is why you are an idiot; you haven’t shown any grasp of that last fact.

The First Joe
The First Joe

@Ugh – Ahahahaha! One of the points of living on a boat is they don’t know you do. Or where you are. Or what you buy. Also, you don’t know anything about boats / fueling issues etc. It’s like stepping back in time a few decades. Hell, most of my boat’s hull is 120 years old. The engine is a good deal older than I am.

If everyone lived at the level of consumerism I did on my boat the giant corporations would be bankrupt in a couple of months. I dream of CEOs weeping in the streets.

There are still cracks in the system.

Ugh

so funny how you create a strawman and then churn out pages picking it apart

It was actually pretty funny. That’s kind of what this site is about. We were mocking Rand, not you. It’s actually not always about you.

I mean, statistically, besides sewer repairmen, all those occupations are likely to be filled by first generation immigrants. THOSE PEOPLE ARE ALREADY BEING FUCKED WITH.

if they MGTOW that’d have a much more profound impact.

Again, statistically speaking, these people are more likely to be single anyways because shitty immigration laws split up families.

Also, if a lot of these guys quit their jobs, their families would go without medical care or housing. People aren’t garbagemen or line cooks when they’re sitting on a pile of money back at home.

homophobic Ugh sees “OMG HOMOEROTICA”.

I didn’t say anything about homoerotica. I said it was a satire on people who rage against society’s oppression by creating even more oppressive societies. Also of people who invent personas of male dominance because they’re unable to relate to women normally.

pecunium

Joe, I think it is a Rorcshak test, of sorts. You, for example, saw a discussion of subtext and immediately assumed the people having it saw those subtexts out of fear.

Now we see you engaging in commentary on subtext… so I assume we can safely assume you are racist, homophobic, classist, and stupid.

As to the issue you think we are talking about… if all the people who engage in infrastructural support quit, yep, things would go to hell.

If.

Lot of implied action in that if. Lots of assumptions. The most foolish being that there are enough men who share your views that anything close to that sort of general strike could happen.

The second most is the idea that, barring a general strike, the men who do those jobs can’t be replaced.

It’s a fantasy. It’s a silly one. It is, for all you deny it, Galtian. It ain’t gonna happen, because it’s based on lies the MGTOWs tell themselves to salve their egos. Sort of like a guy who uses money to buy gold to get money telling himself he’s beaten the system.

Snowy
Snowy

I dream of CEOs weeping in the streets.

I hear that’s actually a very lucrative occupation.

The First Joe
The First Joe

@Pecunium – no, you haven’t followed my argument. As envinced that you’re STILL banging on about gold, which is just ONE thing which can perform some or all of the functions of money. There are plenty of others. Duh.

You’re doing an Ugh and desperately looking for anything to disagree about and pumping that up to be everything. It’s pathetic, to be honest.

pecunium

Esp. if they are female CEOs.

Sharculese

actually we’d probably just find people who aren’t whiny chickenshit misogynists to do it

fight club was just a movie dude. just because you wank to it doesnt mean it’s a profound moral statement.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

Your Fight Club clip was misogynistic, because it erases all the work women do. Women can do those jobs, too. It’s also likely that it was women who raised those men, women that raise those men’s children, and women who will take care of them when they are elderly. See, everyone is interdependent. If you want to be a MGTOW hermit and live on a boat, then more power to you. I prefer living in a city with modern amenities and conveniences, and I don’t take anyone else in society for granted.