antifeminism beta males disgusting women evil fat fatties evil women girl germs kitties marriage strike men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA reddit that's not funny!

MGTOWers, a little late to the party, try their hand at a Downfall parody video

How to make a hilarious “Downfall” parody, in two steps.

Step One: Make one like this.

Step Two: Don’t make one like this.

Naturally, the second video here went over like gangbusters on the Men’s Rights subreddit.  One critic declared:

Another had this suggestion:

I dunno. “Your_Fun_Counselor” doesn’t really strike me as being very much fun at all.

Sharculese

i thought downfall videos got shut down by the producers like two years ago?

hellkell
hellkell

They’re again failing to realize that feminists don’t care if they GTOW, and if guys like that want to makes themselves “unproductive” that’s their problem.

How many of these unproductive dudes have planned for their futures and their retirements before they go off not working or whatever they mean by that? I’m guessing most haven’t thought this through, seeing as they also hate welfare and any kind of safety net. They probably think that their mighty manliness will get them by.

Note for the painfully literal MRAs–I’m not saying get married, just wondering what the plan is.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Um..wait the founders of the MGTOW movement are married!?

Well, that explains so much about why MGTOWs won’t go away. Apparently they think that anyone within earshot is their marital partner and every feminist space must be the cramped apartment they want to start arguments in.

Also, I’ve seen funnier feminist parodies of the downfall.

Falconer
Falconer

@hellkell: Sssssshhh, baby. All you have to do is dare to imagine.

We menz will up stakes and move away, and we’ll be able to be dudebroly together, and everything will be pleasant, and there’ll be plenty of trains and heavy industry free of looters.

Are you imagining?

Falconer
Falconer

Also: Downfall videos? Aren’t they like, so six months ago?

I can haz modern meme?

hellkell
hellkell

Falconer, that cartoon sums it up nicely.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

They’re complaining that women don’t earn enough money, but they also don’t believe in a wage gap. They’re also forgetting how much of women’s unpaid work helps prop up the system they are enjoying. Blue Milk from feministe said it best with

We would have better public policy and better rights for women if we were able to acknowledge more honestly that capitalism is not a marketplace, it is rather, a system that involves the intersection of the market with government, families and communities. We are talking about the greatest heist in capitalist history, because it is estimated that unpaid work in the USA amounts to 50 per cent of all hours of work performed. Imagine any other resource vanishing from the national spreadsheet like that. Capitalism, in its present form, could not survive without that unpaid support. It is not mothers who are draining the system, it is mothers and carers who are propping up the system.

hellkell
hellkell

Their whole whine about not wanting to pay taxes is cute. They think feminism’s bad? They’ve clearly never had the IRS up their asses.

aworldanonymous

If anyone wants to make a response there’s this little app:

Rahu
Rahu

Heidihi – thanks so much!

And, completely OT, but this is a great Onion article – http://www.theonion.com/articles/mars-rover-beginning-to-hate-mars,2072/?ref=auto

Rahu
Rahu

annnd, that was totally the wrong thread – sorry!!

cloudiah

annnd, that was totally the wrong thread – sorry!!

1st rule of Man Boobz: It is never the wrong thread to post an Onion article. Or an animal video.

blitzgal

I thought the first rule of Man Boobz is “don’t talk about Man Boobz”

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Funny: Hitler wants to be friends with a cat.

Not Funny: Hitler repeating tired MGTOW talking points like anybody ever takes that shit seriously.

Seriously, the one where he calls the cat is hilarious.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

cloudiah: Can we do both?

(Technically an onion, rather than the Onion 😛 ).

Rahu
Rahu

LOL – thanks, Cloudiah! In my defense, I DID say it was off-topic… 🙂

And Blitzgal – I just had an idea!! You know how in FC they had that bar of soap that was so prominent in the ads? What if for here, it was (looking around to make sure no MRAs are listening…) SCENTED soap??

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

SCENTED FUCKING SOAPS! Little fruity soaps, even!

Rahu
Rahu

blitzgal

SCENTED FUCKING SOAPS! Little fruity soaps, even!

I think they should be scented clamshells.

Yes, the downfall parodies were getting taken down, but they seem to have realized it’s a lost cause.

Linds

To be fair, I thought their Downfall video was hilarious. I just probably was laughing for a completely different reason.

/laughing at them, not with them

nwoslave

@thebionicmommy
“Not that I would expect the MGTOW to understand or appreciate any of this, though.”

Quoting feministe? That’s priceless. Where does all that magic money come from? Ahh, yes. It’s comes in the form of debt to the bankers. You do know the Rockefeller foundation is the major shareholder of the federal reserve. Don’t you? You do know Obamacare has been handed over to the federal reserve. Don’t you? There really isn’t much the Rothchild/Rockefeller corporation doesn’t run in your everyday life. they run your banks, medical, schools, government, AMA, ADA, FDA, FEMA, CFR, UN. FBI, CIA, Pretty much everything.

I’m sure they’ll be happy to pay for all the unpaid labor, as debt. 16 trillion not enough for ya? Why they’ll be happy to make it 32 trillion.

Tick, tick, tick goes the timebomb. Surely you didn’t think all those entitlements you voted for are free? Did you? Women aren’t all that bright. One day, when you wake up find everything is owed to the bankers, including yourself, don’t act surprised. My guess is, our forefathers were quite a bit smarter than the combined intellectual might of feministe. Times almost up kiddies.

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Well that explains how and why Rosie the Riveter kicked Hitler’s ass, dunnit?
Somehow I do not think that was the point they were trying to make.

howardbann1ster
howardbann1ster

You know, I think they’re sort of oblivious to humor.

Let me ‘splain.

What makes the Downfall videos a bit amusing… well, the first one I saw, I would have called funny… what gives it bite is that it’s Hitler. Screaming. Only suddenly it’s about something totally innocuous. Maybe even cute.

There is dissonance. It is Hitler, after all.

When what you put into his mouth is just a pile of hateful bigoted shit that DOESN’T SOUND SO VERY DIFFERENT FROM STUFF HE SAID??

Well. Instead of irony, you just paint a giant freaking line between you and Hitler.

GIANT. FREAKING. LINE.

aworldanonymous

I like scented soap though, it’s nice.

Sir_Marcus
Sir_Marcus

Wow. That second one read like a parody of what MRAs think of feminists. Right down to them really being nazis. It’s easy to forget that the person who made it actually believes every word.

blitzgal

FYI all, this is going to be a thing. Our little buddy brought it up in an earlier thread. I was withholding judgment, but I was afraid that it was going to turn out this way:

ostara321
ostara321

Howard, given that Tom thinks being funny = having other people make jokes for you, I’d say you’re probably bang on in guessing that most of them probably don’t really know what the fuck humor is.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

..most of them probably don’t really know what the fuck humor is.

Is it a type of cake?

/third usage of crappy joke

hellkell
hellkell

They don’t know what facts are, why would we be surprised that they don’t know humor?

hellkell
hellkell

Blitzgal, that article depresses the shit out of me, but contrary to what our lil’ MRA pals will think, it doesn’t mean that every woman lies or that crimes shouldn’t be investigated.

howardbann1ster
howardbann1ster

Ahem.

I have discovered the secrets of this so-called humor that people use. As you watch me now, I will demonstrate it. Penny, you’re fat. You see, it’s funny because I’ve said something that clearly isn’t so! This is the part where you all laugh.

[/Sheldon Cooper]

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

That NONONO cat video was awesome. I feel like that’s how actual relationships with cats go:

“Affection? Belly rubs? Fetch?”

“NONONONONO!”

blitzgal

Exactly. Unfortunately, we will continue to hear about this case just like we continue to hear about the Duke case every single time a rape story is reported in the news (that’s the way it is in the comment section of my local news, at any rate).

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

The police investigated and found out the woman was lying? But I thought they were the tools of feminism who auto-believed anything bad a woman says about a man!

Quick MRAs, to the Anti-Contradiction Bullshit Machine! *WweeeOOOeeeeooooOOOoeeee*

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

(That was supposed to be the sound of the machine working, btw. Imagine the TARDIS sounds, but with more whining and less awesome).

ostara321
ostara321

Is it a type of cake?

Well, not exactly, but some cakes can be pretty funny http://www.cakewrecks.com/

Molly moon
Molly moon

How cute, they’re trying to convince us that it would be bad if they finally went their own way.

Guess they got tired of no one caring?

Myoo
Myoo

The WAHMIS, Whining About Happenings of Minimal Importance and Scale.

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

What does men being, “unproductive” mean? I hope it means not producing offspring. Having a baby by one of these losers sounds like a nightmare. So if they choose not to procreate, I’m perfectly fine with it.

Sharculese

That is just priceless. I would love to lock every politician in a room and force them to watch this.

sometimes it feels like they try to be bad at activism

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

I want a video mashup of Ruby’s comments and the NONONO cat.

Sharculese

‘well maybe you dont appreciate what im saying now, but what if you read the same as subtitles to a clip from an eight year old movie about hitler. huh. how does that feel?’

Sharculese

I want a video mashup of Ruby’s comments and the NONONO cat.

i mean we could make a downfall video where hitler is ranting about brown people, but that would really just be a video of hitler

Even if it weren’t talking, the NONONO cat would be totally hilarious just because it’s all puffed-up and funny-looking.

But the real question is, why isn’t its body a Pop-Tart?

Sharculese

fuck, i just set up for a multi-page tantrum about godwinning and strawmanning didnt i?

Freitag
Freitag

The WAHMIS, Whining About Happenings of Minimal Importance and Scale.

For MRAs, I think this would be more appropriate:

Sharculese

i apologize for nothing. i would have hated myself more for seeing that shot teed up and not taking it.

Sharculese, I don’t think it’s Godwinning if someone is actually talking about how Western civilization is superior.

1 2 3 9