Uncategorized

The Al Jazeera English show I’m appearing on starts in a few minutes [UPDATED: It’s over. Will post a YouTube link shortly]

The Al Jazeera English show I’m appearing on starts in about 10 minutes, at 3:30 PM

You can watch a live stream of the show (TheStream) on the Al Jazeera website here.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

How the hell is “keep fucking that chicken” an anti-male shaming tactic? You could easily say the same thing to a non-male and it would have exactly the same meaning.

A meaning tht Tom has completely borked.

This just further reinforces my idea that Tom Martin thinks misandry is “critcism/negativity directed towards a man.” -_-

Myoo
Myoo

@Kirbywarp
That’s exactly it, though. His big analysis of the gender studies texts that he used in court was simply counting how many times men’s issues were discussed versus women’s issues, and also how often men were criticised.

Myoo
Myoo

He even has the criteria he used on his page. I’ll link directly to it to spare you having to look at his home page:

Sharculese

yeah but it was originally said to a dude, so misandry. (by another dude, but that dude was probably an m-feminist. all new anchors are)

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Myoo:

When he was talking about his on-the-street hokey, he described “misandric utterances” as “negative comments” about men, and “non-misandric utterances” as “neuteral/positive comments.”

To be fair, he described “misogynistic/non-misogynistic utterances” the same way. Also to be fair, he was absurdly off-base on both. Somebody doesn’t understand how prejudice and sytematic oppression works.

fembot

It is certainly what dissuaded me from appealing, in a court of law.

Yeah, I’m sure that was it, and not the fact that it requires work, as well as a cogent thought process, to file an appeal.

She has the personality and usefulness of a lone buttress.

STILL referring to Sharculese as a she? Because only a woman would dare disagree with such strong Tom logic!

What a dumbshit.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Myoo:

Gahh! I went to the homepage to see what the big deal was. DO NOT FREAKING AUTO-START AUDIO ON YOUR WEBPAGE THAT PUTS YOU IN THE 8TH CIRCLE OF WEB-DESIGN HELL MY EAAARRSSS!

Sharculese

When he was talking about his on-the-street hokey,

which he never actually did…

Sharculese

@kirby

geocities never died. or at least before it did it laid eggs in tom’s brain.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Far into the distant future, alien beings will discover our planet’s carcass. They will traverse the depths of our sewers and the shells of our buildings. One of the beings will be attacked by a flying internet, and a day or so later a geocities will burst from their chest to infect others.

pecunium

he should be an expert on cogent men’s rights movement arguments on the interconnectedness of misogyny and misandry,

Ah, yes; the myth of the middle, “teach the controversy, just like the flat-earthers and the creationists.

But since he is such an expert, and knows the arguments aren’t cogent he did what anyone who is objective does: he ignored the bullshit.

Tom Martin

A pecunium full of shit surprise as usual. I’ll pass.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

I just watched your segment on the al_Jazeera site. I loved the cat pictures 🙂

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Keep fucking that chicken of being a total dolt, Tom!

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

“Not uh! The fucking going on is my arguments fucking yours!” goes down in history as the greatest comeback ever btw.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

Tulgey Logger: Almost had Coke all over my keyboard! Hah!

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

I love the look on (what I assume is) his co-host’s face when he says it. 😀

hellkell
hellkell

I love it when our gasbags have the vapors over “keep fucking that chicken.”

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

Remember, misogynists are made, not born

I can’t tell what’s worse–that you think this is a good argument or that you think this way of thinking is somehow unique

Black people made me racist
Gay people made me homophobic.

You fall right in line with all the other bigots. Congratulations.

Flib
Flib

Tom, do you mean like how your court case is full of shit? You know, because you got thrown out of the court because you are full of shit. Or is this more on the “I’m claiming it’s full of shit because I can’t have half a brain to make a coherent evidence based argument, thus whores” level full of shit?

The world needs to know.

pecunium

Tom… if you want to ignore someone, the best thing to do is ignore them. I have to give this to Varpole, when he decided that talking to me was more than he could handle, he quit.

You can’t even manage that.

Protip, if you want to insult someone, say something which has some, passing, relevance to the comment; otherwise all that happens is the people who read it g, “wha…?”.

Sara
Sara

@scrapemid

I’m just gonna throw this out there, but since the posts were from yesterday, not sure if he/she will see this:

Violence is a LEARNED behavior!

Falconer
Falconer

Douchetrelle is not a reliable witness of his field of expertise though, rather the proprietor of a domain where the mean average commenter, calling herself morallyambivalent, phoots joke balls to and fro with her clone, to slow the consideration of misandry, on this place, but thinks it’s okay because she’s only joking, because, she thinks sexism is okay, and does not want to relinquish the sexism premium women have always enjoyed, and in despite of everyone else’s progress.

Mmmm, vinaigrette.

Falconer
Falconer

Hey, as far as court transcripts are concerned, 15 pounds a page sounds extravagant to me.

But then, when my boss wants a transcript, we get a recording of the proceedings from the court and I transcribe it myself.

We once had a case where our client was suing his neighbor for waving a gun in our client’s face over a barbecue grill.

Our client kept rubbing his hands over how much money he was going to get from his neighbor, because the neighbor was from $FOREIGN_COUNTRY and that of course meant he was rich … which was a logical progression I never quite followed.

Our client went so far as to refuse to negotiate an out-of-court settlement, so certain was he of a large judgment.

Then the court ruled against him.

He stood on the steps of the courthouse and yelled to the skies: “THERE IS NO JUSTICE FOR THE WHITE MAN!”

This is what I think of whenever Martin appears in the comments. And then I remember that it’s ridiculously easy in the U.S. for our angry white men to get ahold of hand guns, or just bring a gallon of gasoline to the courthouse steps.

Shadow
Shadow

@Falconer

Please tell me this is verbatim. Pleeeeaaasssseeee!!

red_locker

Seconding Shadow. That is amazing, Falconer.

Steele

Hey Boobzland – been off working for the past nine-odd hours. Engaging in an initiative/experiment that will drastically improve my department’s efficiency if successful.

In the meantime, I see you’ve all been busy posting on a feminist blog.

Tell me again how I owe all my success to my gender. Vile assholes.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

You quit?

heidihi
heidihi

@ShadetheDruid dizzay dayum 😀

I can also fuullly imagine that Steele’s quitting would take 9 hours. You know he never can quite stick a flounce. 😀

red_locker

“Tell me again how I owe all my success to my gender. Vile assholes.”

…you need us to tell you to act like an asshat (like you’ve already been doing)?

pecunium

Shade… that was perfect. I bow to your sense of timing.

Me… I’ve done some photography, studied some russian, cleaned a bit of the house, gone shopping, talked wine with the local wine shop, discussed court cases with the local wine shop (the wine expert is also an attorney, she does the wine gig because she likes it, and travels to New Hampshire to practice criminal law when she needs more money, though she’s waiting on the results of her NY Bar Exam), planned supper for three, gone to the farmers’ market to get some veggie, researched yeasts for the mead I want to start fermenting next week, talked to my father, let people know they can now text me (because I had to buy a new phone, and can now text), done some gardening, contemplated my bonsai, responded to the various comments sent to be about the three piece of writing I did yesterday, flirted with the staff at the coffee shop, practiced some dry-fire and yelled at the building maintenance staff for killing my poppies. and practiced a penny-whistle piece which has been giving me troubles (I am still not happy with the the third four, but it’s doing better).

I think, compared to being a middle manager in a hamster-wheel job I’m doing pretty well.

I mean I could be slaving away after the fruits of mammon, but I don’t need to; no one is going to fire me if I don’t make their project work right. If I get promoted at my spending money job, that’s because I am meritorious. If I don’t, well most of the people there need the money more than I do.

But you know, in all the things I’ve done to day, pretending that they made me somehow better than someone who needed to keep his corporate masters happy never entered into it.

I’m happy being me, I am sufficient in myself.

cloudiah

Cool story, bro. I do that every day, so I don’t really feel the need to brag about it but whatever.

pecunium

Varpole: I thought you were telling us how all your failure and disappointments in your life’s ambition were because of your gender; the fruits of systemic misandric oppression, which was used to crush your dreams by starving your talents as a writer?

Which is it, you are a super-successful cog in a big company, or you are a writer, kept from the joy of your life by vile feminism?

Enquiring minds what to know.

red_locker

“I would agree – since largely mythical “misogyny” and “patriarchy” have been indoctrinated into our children from birth, I would argue that is only misandry and misandric attitudes that should be taught.”

Not only is your grammar slipping, so is your mask for trying to be a “reasonable” member of the MRM.

Oh wait, that mask wasn’t really on in the first place. How awkward.

Steele

Pecunium, you have just provided a perfect example as to why I don’t interact with you. I’ve explained my situation on multiple occasions. I am both.

red_locker

Whoops, I meant, “Your mask of* trying to be “reasonable” member of the MRM.”

…I think Steele is contagious. Either that, or I think faster than I type.

BlackBloc (@XBlackBlocX)

>>>Engaging in an initiative/experiment that will drastically improve my department’s efficiency if successful.

Oh god. I just figured it out. You’re in *IT*. Everything is now clear.

I really shouldn’t laugh at you. You’re the idiots that buy our products.

Tom Martin

Falconer, your shirt is brown:

Steele

Oh god. I just figured it out. You’re in *IT*. Everything is now clear.

Well, yes, in a manner of speaking, although “IT” is a very broad term; I work in a specialized department. It’s a challenging job.

hellkell
hellkell

The department is fucked. Cool story, dude.

heidihi
heidihi

Steele, i’m sure there are a great deal of things that you find challenging.

hellkell
hellkell

Steele, I hope to Christ you’re not writing the manual.

Steele

Frankly, I find you Boobzers’ tiny attempts to tear me down vaguely amusing, more than anything else. Had a hard day posting on Boobzland?

fembot

Like we give a shit. Go talk about your fabulous life somewhere else.

hellkell
hellkell

Not as amusing as we find your tantrums and all-around assiness.

fembot

Assiness-I like it 😀

Steele

Oh, I forgot – my supervisor (who is a woman; it has been explicitly stated to me that women, as a group, receive preference in promotions relative to men), mentioned somewhat obliquely that there may be a substantial raise in my future. I think I may move out to the suburbs, buy a condo. Maybe Ella and I will move in together. And I continue to progress in life.

Meanwhile the Boobzers post on Boobzland.

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

@ Steelebuttpole,

Well, isn’t that fucking special? You have a life and a job…like many, many other people. Good for you. I’m sorry, but I ran out of cookies. Please accept my metaphorical cookie, in recognition of our supreme pwnage.

Now, I have to leave my job to go pick my kid up from day care because, shockingly, I, too, have a life. Where’s my cookie?

hellkell
hellkell

Steele, I hate to point out the obvious to such a mental giant as yourself, but why the fuck are you telling us? Enjoy your semi-affordable condo with your semi-assembled IKEA furniture and semi-life in the suburbs. If you want to call following a script many have acted out before you progress, go on with your bad self. No skin off our asses.