cuteness kitties off topic open thread pics

Meet the Kittens 2: The Cutening

Perched on a favorite pillow.
Prof. Murder aka Pantz’ favorite toy.

Which has also become Sweetie Pie Jonus’ favorite toy.
Enjoying the view.
… and Sweetie Pie notices a bug.
They are ridiculous!

They remain adorable and tiring, though they’ve calmed down a little from the first few days. I think coming from a cage (filled with other kittens) to a big apartment overstimulated them a bit and gave them a desire to run and run (and play and play, and fight and fight).

Dvärghundspossen

They “came from a cage filled with other kittens”? Dude, that’s pretty horrible.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

They’re… they’re trying to eat my soul.. D’awwww…

Snowy
Snowy

dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Dvärghundspossen

Adding: Of course it’s not horrible if the cage was big enough to actually let them run around and play with each other and the other kittens, but I got the impression that this wasn’t the case.

They’re super-duper cute though. And I’m happy their lives are better now.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Aw, hey, they’re buddies now!

aworldanonymous

This is my favourite post today.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

they had separate rooms for kittens

I’m imagining rooms humans can go in, where they lay on the floor and then the people running the show just unleash kittens into it.

aworldanonymous

I’m imagining rooms ponies can go in, where they lay on the floor and then the ponies running the show just unleash kittens into it.

If I weren’t allergic to cats, that would be the greatest thing ever. I guess it would work just as well with puppies though.

blitzgal

Oh, the climbing the screens thing annoys me to no end!! (Because I’m terrified they’re going to knock it out and disappear forever) Mose used to climb the screen, too.

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

In that last photo, Sweetie Pie looks USB-connected. 😛

Very sweet kitties! 😀

Dracula
Dracula

I’m not ashamed to admit that I squeed out loud. Such sweet little kitties!

Ithiliana

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Adorbs, completely adorbs.

We just got a new stepper, and i got it set up, and the two torties (Arwen and Luthien) are in major competition over its ownership (rubbing it, going to sleep on one of the steps, and sleeping by it).

MINE! no, MINE!

Ithiliana

One of our rescues (pale, long-haired tortie) we named Eloise came from a last chance kitten rescue house which was literally one woman’s house–she had 80 kittens (we ran into her at PetSmart where she had most of them there for adoptions). Sourpuss, as she was known then, was rapidly aging out of the ‘kitten’ stage, and the woman was esp. desperate to place her (she was the 11th of what turned out to be our 13 total rescues, and the only one who didn’t bat at eye at the ten others living in the house before her).

blitzgal

Blitzgal, yeah, I’m keeping the window only partly open now so she won’t climb the screen. My last cat destroyed a couple of screens trying to get at squirrels.

And they are so freaking FAST at it, too! My windows open side to side and are really tall. I remember once I turned around for like, two seconds, and when I turned back he was almost all the way to the ceiling on the stupid screen. Little doofus.

Dvärghundspossen

Thanks for the explanation David. It’s great you support a shelter… My sisters have both worked for cat shelters, it’s pretty tough trying to save as many cats as possible. It’s really horrible the way many people treat cats as disposable.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

I remember the time I did work experience at an animal rescue place. I mostly worked in the cat area (which included bunnies and ponies too), but I did dog walking, cleaning out the animals, all kinds of stuff.

Ah the times where my assignment basically consisted of “here’s a bunch of kittens, entertain them for about an hour”. Also, puppies. Squees were had.

cloudiah

Okay, I’m just going to hang out here because creepy “my parents & government employees should go to jail for not finding me a girlfriend” dude and “Mu5lims! C1A!” dude are spamming the hell out of the other threads.

Besides, KITTIES!

KathleenB
KathleenB

My last cat destroyed a couple of screens trying to get at squirrels.

Our Kami has thrown herself at a glass window trying to get at another cat that was sitting outside. She’s kind of crazy – but she hasn’t drawn blood in something like two months! Progress!

KittehServant

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

kladle
kladle

I find it funny that your one kitten’s nickname is Pantz because we have a cat named Pants. Looks nothing like your little buddy though. He’s white with brown tabby patches.

Your cats are beautiful and I am glad they like each other. :3

Dracula
Dracula

jp
jp

Oh, little sweeties. I am all squee!!! Hooray for you David, and happy kitten times. Rub those little bellies for us!

Bee
Bee

They look like they doubled in size since the last time you posted photos. What magic is this?!

Freitag
Freitag

I tried going through Rooshe’s crap but my brain seized up. Would you point me towards the right thread to find this? I think I may know who that is.

Thanks.

Freitag
Freitag

Also, kittens rule!!1!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I love how window climbing cat looks like a really determined mime, like he’s climbing air.

Of course you know what we really want is video, right?

hrovitnir

Those pictures are all awesome. 😀 I am so impressed you caught the leaping for bugs picture!

I’m actually not a fan of the no-kill movement because I feel all it does is mean that kill shelters have to euth more to make up for the lack of turnover at the no-kill shelters; it also sets up a dichotomy where non-no-kill shelters are called “kill” shelters by default which pisses me off because the people at these shelters do as much as they can to save as many as possible but resources are finite and euthing 4 contagious kittens can be better than infecting 20, no matter how good your cleaning protocols are.

Not that no-kill shelters are *bad*, I just think the “all shelters should be no-kill!” is unrealistic and demonises caring people who already do a hard job. /rant 😛

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

Aw, they’ve got a nice lounging area next to a window.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I got so used to my bf’s monsters over the last 11 days that it feels really weird now, trying to go to sleep sans kitties. Much less annoying and sneezy, but weird. 😐

@hrotvinir, I’m inclined to agree with you as far as no-kill shelters.

Magpie
Magpie

Pictures 2 and 3 illustrate Pratchett’s “look of mad amazement found on kittens everywhere” 🙂

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Were these two already buddies at the shelter? If not they’ve bonded very well!

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

I always thought the “no kill” thing was just “no killing for stupid reasons”, not “no killing whatsoever!!!1111”.

I mean, the place I worked at for work experience had a “no kill” rule, but that just meant they didn’t just kill animals that couldn’t get homes. They still euthanised animals for legitimate reasons, like if they were seriously ill and/or suffering, or were dangerous to themselves or others.

I don’t know if there’s cultural differences going on here, but I feel like there’s some misrepresentation going on of what “no kill” is about.

Molly moon
Molly moon

I’m just gonna leave this here.

belledame222
belledame222

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE SQUEE all the way home.