I'm totally being sarcastic irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever MRA oppressed men pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles reddit sex

Men’s Rights Redditor: “The cougar phenomenon is perverse. Yet we criminalize sex with fertile women who haven’t passed some arbitrary age limit.”

Fresh from the Men’s Rights subreddit,  some thoughts from some dude called atiwywr on cougars, age of consent laws, and Justin Beiber.

So “cougars” are perverse, but pedophilia – sorry, ephebophilia — is natural and good?

The age of consent in most American states is 16.

Complaining that men can’t legally have sex with girls – sorry, “fertile women” – aged 15 and younger: Men’s Rights activism at its finest!

Dracula
Dracula

Whenever I encounter the words “…fiscally conservative and socially liberal.”, what it basically translates to is “I believe in freedom and justice for those who can afford it.” or “I can do whatever I want, and fuck everyone else.”

Sharculese

Being in favour of reproductive rights and opposed to social justice doesn’t make you a moderate. It just makes you a hypocrite.

when you think about your politics in meaningless abstract terms like ‘socially liberal’ you dont actually have to think about how shit works in practice

and then you can stumble around the internet getting huffy at people who don’t recognize what a bold free-thinker you are for saying what every other internet conservative is saying

lowquacks
lowquacks

I’m fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

Ruby, the first part of that sentence translates to “I don’t give a fuck about people who aren’t rich”. It does not go well with the second part, which means “I give a fuck about people who aren’t rich”.

That’s also how you’re a libertarian (“I’m a libertarian, by which I mean…”), not how (“I’m a libertarian because…”), but whatever.

lowquacks
lowquacks

Ninja’d by everyone. Oh well.

lowquacks
lowquacks

Or not ninja’d. I’m about an hour late. I’m not entirely sure what’s happened. I’m keeping really odd hours right now, so I could’ve done something really weird and not realised. Not up to detective work right now.

Rutee Katreya

Capitalism and charity help the poor way more than government programs (which keep them in poverty),

I’m pretty sure my girlfriend is angling to make more money than you, and her Master’s was paid for in full by the Danish Government. I know for a fact her father makes more than you, and his phd was also paid for by the Danish Government.

My father could only afford to go to public schooling because it was free. He could only afford the state-funded college on Puerto Rico. Again, I know for a fact that he makes way the hell more money than you, and is probably worth more than your husband. That puts aside that you’re just parroting stupid shit to begin with.

Rutee Katreya

I’m a libertarian because I’m fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I’m neither left or right-wing. It’s you lefties and righties who tend to be the, “wing-nuts.” LOL!

‘Socially liberal’, says the massive racist? XD

Yeah, no, pull the other one, it plays Let Us Cling Together.

pecunium

pecunium

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

I never heard of roads being called, “a government program.”

Actually, I said women are programmed to find men of means, and that doesn’t mean they’re gold diggers.

I’m socially liberal because I don’t want early term abortions outlawed, drugs and prostitution should be legal, same with gay marriage, and no more wars in the Middle East.

I believe in equality for people no matter their race, and I don’t believe any race is more valuable than the others.

kobold77

Ruby you’re a creep, you are on par mentally with all the other creepy trolls (Steele, Slavey, etc.) on this blog who draw a weird satisfaction by posting here.

That’s all that needs to be said about you.

Sharculese

I never heard of roads being called, “a government program.”

that’s because you’re an idiot

‘wars are a social issue’

the sort of deep insight ive come to expect from internet libertarians

Dracula
Dracula

Actually, it kinda does. And even in its mildest iteration, it’s still gender-essentialist bullshit.

I’m socially liberal because I don’t want early term abortions outlawed…

And you don’t give a shit whether said abortions are obtainable to those with low incomes. Freedom for those can afford it.

Yeah, I haven’t really seen any evidence to support that claim.

Sharculese

it’s also really hard to claim your socially liberal when you cheerlead for our nation’s inhumane prison system, but that’s almost tangential given the massive level of ignorance already on display

Dracula
Dracula

And when it comes right down to it, put everything else aside, you support prison rape. You believe that extralegal, tacitly state-sanctioned sexual abuse is an acceptable form of punishment. You condone the state surreptitiously wielding rape as a weapon of fear.

You are no libertarian.

Kyrie
Kyrie

“I said women are programmed to find men of means,”

Though it’s really far from being the most horrible thing you’ve said, it really annoy the shit out of me. Several women told you that they don’t want to find “men of means”. Personnally, I plan to be a woman of means, at least enough so that I don’t need to depend on my spouse. Money isn’t a factor when I consider dating someone (except that the person being richer than me can make me uncomfortable because i fear it can bring a power imbalance)
Many women here said similar things. I still don’t know whether you think we lie or you know us better than ourselves.
You brought the worse proof you could find, who invariably were from terrible sources and/or didn’t prove your point.
Yet you keep on pretending that you’re just stating scientifical fact.

Kyrie
Kyrie

kobold, please don’t mistake “mentally ill” with “asshole”.

Rutee Katreya

I’m socially liberal because I don’t want early term abortions outlawed,

I just want to highlight, since other folks are hitting up other stuff, that our ‘libertarian’ apparently thinks wimminz can’t be trusted to plan an abortion responsibly, and that women just regularly carry a fetus 8 months before deciding to get rid of it. Only anti-abortion laws prevent this.

…But racism is just cool with you, we know XD

Rutee Katreya

Oh,a lso, if women are programmed to find men of means, why am I dating a woman exactly? One who hates children almost as much as me, to boot? XD

Rutee Katreya

Oh right, now I remember, Ruby is the allegedly straight woman who insisted that men weren’t sexually attractive and that women were.

Rutee Katreya

…but those other races are, equal or not, still all drunkards and unproductive (which is a cardinal sin in the church of libertariarianism). We kind of have the thread where you slowly but surely get more and more racist in defense of your ill-founded belief that Merika leads in social mobility (negative, maybe. positive, not so much)

Sharculese

i didnt catch that on first glance, but holy fuck, what a toad

2-D Man
2-D Man

I never heard of roads being called, “a government program.”

Book of Larnin’, Ruby Edition:
Asphalt is a naturally occurring product. It forms in rectangular patterns – called ‘city blocks’ – with remarkable frequency. All transport between cities is done by air. Highways are a myth.

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

I don’t, “support” prison rape. I just said it’s funny when an evil person gets what looks like Karma. And I’m all for rape being prevented in prison.

And yes, I am a libertarian. I took the libertarian test and passed.

There are many on the left with intelligence and compassion. AND there are many NOT on the left who have intelligence and compassion (I’m one of them). No one has a monopoly on either.

Rutee Katreya

. I just said it’s funny when an evil person gets what looks like Karma.

Statement assumes facts not in evidence.

Leum
Leum

Ruby, you claim to be a feminist. As such, I assume you’re familiar with rape culture. The reason rape jokes are wrong is that they foster a culture in which rape is seen as acceptable. By making prison rape jokes (even if it’s only about people you deem evil), you are supporting a culture in which prison rape is seen as acceptable. Which is the opposite of preventing rape in prison.

Libertarian, compassionate, intelligent: choose two. And all the evidence points against you being compassionate. Compassionate people don’t think rape is funny.

2-D Man
2-D Man

Well, yanno, I’m not a racist but…. (Wait, that one’s probably lost on you. Imma try again.)

I’m not a misogynist but “I don’t think a woman can be premier [of British Columbia]”*. See how that makes a total non-sequitur? The second clause negates the first. That’s what you did above.

The evidence also points against Ruby being intelligent. This is a person who couldn’t connect ‘government’ to ‘roads’ on the fly.

*Someone actually said this to me while I was working on Premier Clark’s campaign.

Sharculese

so… you don’t encourage it, you just think it’s awesome.

you are a stupid person.

Sharculese

oh to be sure, there are plenty of bright, intelligent, even entertaining conservatives.

just not you.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I’m trying to think of a joke where the punchline is “and then he got brutally tortured!

I am failing.

Dracula
Dracula

Bullshit, Ruby. It doesn’t fucking matter who it happens to, if you’re laughing at it, you’re supporting it. Not just supporting it, fucking reveling in it. So spare me your weak-ass back-pedaling excuses.

Sharculese

like rubes, there are a couple of solid conservative writers i check on a day to day basis. im also a huge evelyn waugh fan, as i mentioned while trolling mikey.

it’s not them. it’s you. you are personally tedious, unoriginal, and hateful. dont blame it on other people. take responsibility for your own bad behavior.

Monsieur sans Nom
Monsieur sans Nom

Actually, women are programmed to find men with good genes. The unwritten rules of the mating game predate the invention of money, property, and civilization. You should watch The Red Shoe Diaries sometime.

That being said, FTR, I am decidedly NOT a libertarian whatsoever. And one of the biggest reasons why is that I don’t subscribe to the fallacy of free will. People are basically mechanical, and when you give them the freedom to be themselves they’re destructive and harmful to one another. Civilization depends on controlling the masses.

cloudiah

Women are neither robots, nor computers. We are not programmed. We are (gasp!) actual human beings, with individual thoughts, feelings, and motivations. I know that can be hard for some people to wrap their minds around, but most people can grasp the concept just fine.

Sharculese

we get it. you’re in high school and smoke a ton of trees. you don’t have to keep hammering it home.

Monsieur sans Nom
Monsieur sans Nom

cloudiah, human beings(regardless of gender or sex)are biological entities whose behavior is determined by our brains. I’m using the word programmed as an analogy because human drives have a genetic basis and our genes(made of DNA) server as a biological Read-Only Memory. If people were so different as to have no common drives and motivations, we would not have civilization, let alone live in groups because we’d have nothing in common with each other! You seem to believe that the illusion of free will is a reality, despite the accumulating evidence against it.

Monsieur sans Nom
Monsieur sans Nom

FAIL

Besides, none of the trees in Portlandia have anything in their smoke to induce hallucinations. There are alders which certainly smell good, but, I aint never heard of anyone getting high from alder smoke! LOL

What’s so ironic is that I totally was a libertarian when I was in HS and believed in the same, childish ideals that you did. But then I grew up. 😉

pecunium

MSN: If there is no free will… how is it people disagree; why is it you are something of a contrarian?

Myoo
Myoo

[…]I don’t subscribe to the fallacy of free will. People are basically mechanical, and when you give them the freedom to be themselves they’re destructive and harmful to one another. Civilization depends on controlling the masses.>/blockquote
Do you really not see the problem with this paragraph? If there is no free will, then you can’t control the masses because everyone will just do what they’re programmed to do.

Myoo
Myoo

ninja’d by Pecunium

Myoo
Myoo

And I screwed up the blockquote. It’s my first time, it feels kinda special.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

FAIL

Well someone isn’t up on slang — smoke a ton of tree pot — get it now?

Dracula
Dracula

But then I grew up. 😉

Using heavily affected cynicism to pretend you’re better than other people ain’t “growing up”, dude. It’s fucking juvenile.

Monsieur sans Nom
Monsieur sans Nom

Well someone isn’t up on slang — smoke a ton of tree pot — get it now?

Yup. What a fucking stupid word for pot. Particularly since the hemp plant is NOT a tree or even a shrub as it has no wood whatsoever. Furthermore, I have smoked weed a few times in my 33 years and it is not hallucinogenic nor does it induce delirium. Twas a retarded remark by Sharcules.

People disagree because of the internal states of their brain(and hence their mind). When our brains receives information in the form of a language(which has symbolic meaning), that information is processed by different parts and there is a resulting output state which often includes an emotional response. Perhaps I am a contrarian because I’m programmed that way. :-p

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

Damn you guys love your strawman arguments! How does saying, “men like looking at naked women way more than women like looking at naked men” translate into, “men aren’t sexy?” No matter how equal the genders get, Playboy will always outsell Playgirl. But anyway, men are sexy:

Snowy
Snowy

Uh oh, not the playboy vs playgirl thing again!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I love how Ruby just demonstrated how she’s able to hold her silly ideas about male versus female sexuality. Many societies present any example of women being sexually attracted to men on a physical/visual level as silly and embarrassing and ridiculous, as being worthy of mockery. Which is not how those same societies present men reacting to women on a visual/sexual level at all. Women grow up being taught that their base physical reactions to men are something they should be embarrassed about, so they suppress them, and act embarrassed and apologetic about them. And then dumbasses like Ruby try their best to reinforce that paradigm.

2-D Man
2-D Man

Shorter MSN: if we had free will, I’d be the only one who likes food.

Note that I’m not a big fan of ‘free will’ – mainly because I don’t know what the hell that is – but if you’re going to argue against it, at least do so with sense!

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

I should’ve saved the source for Ruby’s line about how naked isn’t a good look for men…

Monsieur sans Nom — “Furthermore, I have smoked weed a few times in my 33 years and it is not hallucinogenic nor does it induce delirium.” — First, wtf relevance does the word “pot” have to the plant anyways? Makes no more sense than tree does. Second, you may then recall that saying stupid shit and thinking it’s just hilarious is among the affects. Yeah, that’s wtf you’re being accused of doing.

LBT
LBT

Aw, I return to Manboobz after an absence, and MSN and Ruby are in a fight over free will and… something! Good to see some things never change. Hi guys! *waves, because of mechanical electrical impulses in my brainmeats* I missed you!