antifeminism creep-shaming misogyny MRA oppressed white men racism reactionary bullshit threats violence whaaaaa? your time will come

Manosphere blogger blames Obama, Jesse Jackson, and feminists for the Aurora theater shootings. Yes, really.

Scientific geniuses: Always white dudes

We’ve already seen some unusual perspectives on the Aurora theater tragedy courtesy of The Spearhead and the Men’s Rights subreddit. Over on whiskeysplace, the manosphere blogger (and sometime Spearhead contributor) who calls himself Whiskey throws some racism into the mix.

In Whiskey’s view, the whole thing just shows … just how badly treated white men are in America today. And, he suggests, unless we change our evil white-man-hating ways we should expect even worse massacres to come. His basic thesis:

[T]hat an (admittedly crazy) 24 year old White guy with an extremely high IQ would paint his hair red, carefully position his beat up old pickup truck against one emergency exit door, enter through the pre-arranged opened other door, and kill (again as of this writing) 12 people while wounding 58, many seriously, shows how out of hand Obama’s America has become.   …

Who is at fault? In no particular order, Obama, the entire Affirmative Action establishment, Jessie Jackson, feminists, the media, and the American people for taking the easy way out and not removing the former from public life through a hard, brutal political struggle that costs time and effort and more.

After a long tirade about “low-IQ” black murderers, Whiskey moves on to consider the life of the (apparently) socially awkward, dateless James Holmes, whom Whiskey assumes was oppressed for being a white guy.

Was James Holmes forced out of the University of Colorado for being too White and male? We may never know. But certainly, being White, male, and applying for science related jobs after graduating with honors led to … McDonalds.

Well, not literally. Holmes didn’t actually work at McDonalds. Very few people with undergraduate degrees in neuroscience do.

So you have a very toxic combination. A man with a high IQ, denied any gainful employment or relationship with the opposite sex. … America has become so debased, so hostile to ordinary White guys, that instead of say, devising his own bat-suit and rescuing someone, this guy figures he’s the Joker, and shoots a bunch of people he has never even met, dead.

And it gets worse, according to Whiskey: The continued oppression of white dudes by Obama, the feminists and, er, Russell Brand, will lead inevitably to more massacres in the future:

The constant demonization of White guys, and destruction of heroism as a model, has real consequences. Guys with high IQs who are intent on killing people are dangerous. They get that way not from “turning evil” like a Joss Whedon character in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” but because they are turned away from anything positive, socially isolated and alone while a lucky socially dominant few have everything (before he ever got famous, and with a massive drug habit, Russell Brand boasted he was having sex with 80 women a month). These guys study for years, graduate with honors, and end up at McDonalds. Wrong sex and color.

Yes, because so many of those who work in fast food restaurants are white men tossed out of grad school because of their race and gender.

And those massacres in the future? Because white dudes are apparently all so super smart, we should expect them to be way worse than the ones we’ve seen so far. Like, atom bomb worse.

I want to be as clear as possible. The most dangerous man in WWII, was not Patton, or Rommel, or Yamamoto. No, it was nerdy, lanky, unassuming and part prima donna, J. Robert Oppenheimer. A high IQ unmoored by social ties, love, family, relationships, a job that is not demeaning … is a man who is a potential weapon.

Whiskey then brings us back around to Obama and his (alleged) anti-white dude agenda:

If Obama’s anti-White guy policies, the media’s demonization of (particularly nerdy) White guys, and the legal discrimination against most non-connected Whites were deliberately constructed to create guys far more dangerous than James Holmes, they could not have done a better job.

Whiskey has somehow convinced himself, based on nothing, that Holmes could have been another Jonas Salk:

Let us be clear. James Holmes had the capacity to maybe find a cure for Alzheimers. Yes he was crazy. But he was smart.

While every white man is capable of intellectual miracles, at least in Whiskey’s mind, those with darker skin are somehow incapable of scientific thought:

Meanwhile Trayvon Martin was never going to amount to much of anything. Ever. And neither will all those young Black man just like him. … Literally any number of people you know, could die, in the future because society did not channel James Holmes into a productive outlet: neuroscience.

Uh, dude, even aside from the racism, there’s no evidence that Holmes actually was a genius.

After a bit more bloviating, Whisky brings it back to Trayvon Martin for his stirring conclusion:

[I]t is [a] fantasy that we can have no cost to marginalizing White guys (particularly the smart ones without connections) and that we can continue to have clean water, and air, and food that is safe to eat, and the power always one [sic], by betting it all on the Trayvon Martins.

Why is it that the guys who talk the most about IQ are invariably such complete fucking idiots?

random6x7
random6x7

Oh, man, I just went into a tiny fantasy about what the internet would be like if manboobz people really did convince everyone else that their ways of looking at the world were right. It made me happy.

aworldanonymous

@whataboutthemoonz

Now there’s a good idea, I’m in need of a good laugh.

Argenti Aertheri

“Maybe you should start your own pocket of resistance. By which I mean blog.”

Click his nym — he has one solely to say he doesn’t have one. XD

“YES! YES! YES!”

No, no, no, you mean Girls! Girls! Girls!

So I’ve been watching the live version for months, I just realized earlier today that “women’s rights facilitating” is on the list of things that’d get one thrown in the asylum. NWO, seriously, EA does satire, try listening to some of it instead of just declaring her a “drugged up slut”. (Then again, NWO probably agrees with the most fucked up bits of Victorian morals…*sigh*)

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

Steelepole is claiming the mantle of rationality? The same Steelepole who claimed that the SPLC’s critcism of the MRM was actually an implicit thumbs up? If that’s “rationality”, then I’ll stick with “hysteria” thank you very much.

Now, tell me how vile I am.

aworldanonymous

@captainbathrobe

I think Steele is claiming the Ayn Rand school of “reason” as the base of his argument.

whataboutthemoonz

GIRL ON GIRL CAUGHT LESBIATING!

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

I third the suggestion that strumpet sounds like a baked good. The whole “logic” thing drives me up a wall, because it usually gets trotted out to claim that people who are emotional about an issue are wrong, no matter what their arguments are, and that people who don’t care enough to be emotional are the ones who are right by default.

Also, I think the internet needs a term for when your ideology opponent misrepresents the world in a way that makes you go, “Yeah, not true, but I wish it was!” Like the Republicans claiming that health care reform would pay for abortions–a lot of feminists were like, “Unfortunately, no.”

Bostonian

Am I in time for the tea and strumpets?

Anathema
Anathema

Argenti Aertheri —

Click his nym — he has one solely to say he doesn’t have one. XD

I hadn’t noticed that before. Why would Owly do that? Well, come to that, why does Owly do anything really?

You know, if Owly did actually write on his blog, I’d probably read it . . .

Wordspinner —

I know what you mean. I am so sick of that line of argument.

You know, just once I’d like to see one of the people who claims that anyone whose emotional about an issue is being illogical to actually explain to me, using logic, how it is that being emotional automatically renders an argument invalid.

Argenti Aertheri

Bostonian — it’s always time for tea! You may have to settle for crumpets though (or more precisely, EA and her bloody crumpets)

(I am loving this album, can you tell? XD )

whataboutthemoonz — she tweeted ages ago about working “lesbianating” into a song, and omgs am I pleased with the results (I was mildly concerned, but I guess I should’ve known better, what with the rat game and all)

whataboutthemoonz

Obvs, the live show version is much better.

Argenti Aertheri

“I like Maggots’ censored “she was caught while masturbating” for the morning show they did.”

OMGS YES! (Please ignore the pun here, I swear I’m not trying to make a sex joke)

Maggots has the best expressions, and a surprisingly strong throwing arm, beware of flying crumpets!

whataboutthemoonz

It’s her tea-spitting I was worried about, and rightfully so. I splurged for a VIP at the end of the Opheliac tour and it raaaaained on me.

nwoslave

@Argenti Aertheri

Emilie Autumn. WOW! Talk about zero talent. Just another slut playing look at me posing in many slutty ways, give me attention.

Let’s be honest here, if a man tried pawning this stuff off to a producer he’d get laughed at. It sounds like a a bunch of tracks nine inch nails threw out because after they listened to it they realized it was such horrible crap.

You know as well as I do if a man did this same album you’d ridicule it as garbage. What’s the title of the album? “No talent but I have a pussy and act like a slut”

Argenti Aertheri

“Also, I saw a teaser for Devil’s Carnival and nearly pissed myself when I saw her and Tess.”

LA LA LA LA CAN’T HEAR YOU! (No spoilers, please! I will manage to see that somehow or another…)

So, is the tea alcoholic or not? I’m curious if they actually drink on stage or just pretend to — on one hand, they don’t get drunk enough for it to affect the performance, on the other, they don’t go climbing the clock and shit later into the show…

And VIP tickets? *is jealous* Yep, even of the “covered in tea” part, I’m going all fan-squee at the thought of meeting EA, she seems so much sweeter than the “psych bitch” my mother sees her as (to be fair here, my mother has amended that to “talented psycho bitch”)

aworldanonymous

I’m sad that I never got into EA now, any love for Amanda Fucking Palmer?

pecunium

Wait is EA in Devil’s Carnival?

Seannan said it was a bit problematic, but her father is Rom, and she speaks Rom, and well…

On the other hand the song about drowning in one’s dreams is brilliantly haunting; unless I have the wrong musical in my head.

whataboutthemoonz

Map of Tasmania is the funniest fucking thing ever. I wish I knew how to play my uke 🙁

As for VIP, I live in AZ and it was her first show there – I’d been saving for years. I was also on the webpage, debit card in hand, an hour before tickets went on sale. I refreshed compulsively.

Argenti Aertheri

pecunium — she’s the painted doll, but I haven’t seen it so I can’t answer the rest of your questions, sorry.

aworldanonymous — it’s never too late to catch the plague 🙂 And I’m meh on Amanda Fucking Palmer after the whole Evelyn Evelyn thing, it’s the 21st century, maybe time to stop turning conjoined twins into a sideshow act eh?

whataboutthemoonz

Emilie Autumn, as well as Captain Maggots and Contessa, are in The Devil’s Carnival.

What the fuck IS the devil’s carnival? Who knows.

pecunium

My partner and Seanan went to see it. The reviews were mixed.

aworldanonymous

Oh of course, the ableism wasn’t cool, though overall, she’s still pretty funny IMHO.

whataboutthemoonz

She’s an amazing artist who does stupid things sometimes. Evelyn Evelyn, being an example.

“I refreshed compulsively.”

Lol, I know that feeling, and at the rate this tour is selling out, I’m not going to get to see it 🙁

“EA was incredibly sweet, we talked about octopi, and she thanked me/told me how much it means to her to see Plague Rats wearing Cheek Hearts at her shows.”

Octopi are right up there with rats on the “smarter than we give them credit for” list (octopuses? I really don’t know the proper plural on that one) And I might have to update my costume make-up then, I do not have the skill to draw a decent looking heart on my cheek, but it isn’t like that costume exists for random people’s judgment…basically the opposite, it’s very “yes, I am dressed ridiculously, problem with that?”

Have you read the book? Her Victorian counterpart gets nicknamed Valentine because of that heart, it’d get it’s own theme discussion if the asylum were HS reading. Hilariously, my best friend bought me the book and read it after I did, and then said it should be HS reading…it’s certainly better than fucking Ethan Frome, though I’m not sure HS kids could actually manage the many layers of themes (I’ve it 5 times, I’m not sure I’ve caught them all)

whataboutthemoonz

I pre-ordered a first edition package.

Again, with the saving forever and ever and ever. Lol.

pecunium

octopodes

Argenti Aertheri

Wait, does your page 10 have the full paragraph/sentence then? The second printing has a weird cut that must be a missing line.

Also, bipolar bear is one of my favorite things EVAR. (I’m easily amused)

Argenti Aertheri

Octopodes works I guess, it isn’t a Latin root, so octopi feels so very wrong. (It’d be octopes, octopedes in Latin…freaky 3rd declension nouns…)

Lol, wiki calls octopodes pedantic, like that’s ever stopped me.

Sharculese

@dsc

I’ve taken two semesters of ConLaw and I just can’t associate super cool with ConLaw professor. ConLaw professor and nerd sort of fits right together.

my con law professor was an elderly englishman who in his previous life had been a philosophy student. he had natty, untameable hair, a fondness for ill-fitting sweaters, and wore converse with everything. i mean everything- on the two or three times a year he had to wear a suit, he still had his sneakers on.

that’s my image of a con law professor.

Deranged Counter-Troll
Deranged Counter-Troll

It used to be that I didn’t know what the plural of “octopus” was, never mind that there were three, or that people argued over which was “proper”. In the very rare cases that it mattered, I just used “octopus” – same word as both singular and plural. For that matter, I still do. No one’s ever called me out on this. So it probably doesn’t matter much which one you use, so long as people know what you mean.

Anyway trying to respect the original language just for the sake of doing so is kind of pointless when English rarely does this anyway. When’s the last time we called Ellinas anything other than “Greece”, for example?

aworldanonymous

@Sharculese

So your con law professor was an alternate universe version of one of the classic Doctor Who iterations of The Doctor?

Sharculese

oh, professor wiseman would have made fantastic Doctor

Argenti Aertheri

Deranged Counter-Troll — “Anyway trying to respect the original language just for the sake of doing so is kind of pointless when English rarely does this anyway.” — Hi, 4 years of Latin here, so yeah, I’m just pedantic like that.

Sharculese — right down to the converse sneakers apparently, ten always wore a pair.

khymchanur
khymchanur

Steelepole is claiming the mantle of rationality?

He was the one who claimed that SOPA was a feminist plot against the MRM, right?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“It sounds like a a bunch of tracks nine inch nails threw out because after they listened to it they realized it was such horrible crap.”

Oh, if only NIN were in the habit of throwing out tracks after listening to them and noting that they are horrible crap. I’d love to believe that was the case, but unfortunately I’ve heard Year Zero.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh, and since apparently sexy altera-looking women female musicians upset Slavey, here’s another one.

(He’s going to misinterpret the lyrics as a sign that she agrees with him that women are evil, isn’t he?)

Dracula
Dracula

Anyone else a bit taken aback to to see NWO make NIN reference? Though I suppose he does have a head like a hole.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

Yay, this conversation again (not sarcasm there 😛 ). Octopodes or octopuses!

/Stephen Fry

Wetherby
Wetherby

He was also the one whose response to a calm, clinical and rational evisceration of his posts was to call his critic “pretentious” and “a moron” without actually tackling the considerable substance of the criticism.

Still, Pecunium should count himself lucky that his criticism was even acknowledged – Varpole’s usual response to evidence-backed challenges to his logically flimsy positions is to ignore them and hope they go away before anyone else notices.

pecunium

Deranged Counter-Troll: When’s the last time we called Ellinas anything other than “Greece”, for example?

It varies. People still use the “hellenic” adjectival descriptor; though often this is being used by reactionaries harking back to the pretense of a golden age.

re Varpole: I think the SOPA nonsense was Antz.

There has been a dearth of response to me of late. I think I hurt his feelings, and he haz a sad.

Then again, it might be that pretty much everyone who addresses his arguments (such as they are) leaves them as Sammy Sosa’s bat might do a grapefruit.

pecunium

Wetherby: Which isn’t the response one would expect from an intellectual giant who apparently delights in running rhetorical rings round us, but there you go.

No, you don’t understand, seeing through the façade of our rationality to reveal the pretentions of our obtuse moronity shows the true depth of his vision, the perspicacity of his intellect and the mastery of language he has managed to attain.

Truly, there are few people who have such skills as he has and are willing to share them with such vigor. We should count ourselves blessèd and bask in his chastisements, as a loving child bears the reproofs of a benevolent father.

pecunium

varpole (or do you prefer Torvus?): I’ve noticed that Boobzland seems to be driven- as in this case- primarily by irrationality and emotional impulses, rather than clear, rational and unbiased critical thinking, as is utilized in the Movement.

Is this the same clear thinking which argues Tom Martin is a Plant of teh Feminism?

Or the one that expects Paul Elam to make a big deal about excommunicating him from the ranks of The Movement?

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

Hah! Good one, Slave. These guys are unbelievable.

Slave here has openly stated that women should be enslaved, hates gay people worse than Fred Phelps, and has a nasty habit of sexualizing prepubscent girls.

And he’s an MRA. But I guess he’s just a feminist plant intended to make the MRM look bad, right?

Pam
Pam

No, in slavey’s case, Steele reasons that David must be editing all of slavey’s comments in order to discredit him.

howardbann1ster
howardbann1ster

Hah! Good one, Slave. These guys are unbelievable.

Steele, I don’t know about anybody else here, but I had a moment of almost-respect for you when you went off on Tom Martin. (almost, I say, because then you launched into a reality-denying ‘no true Scotsman!’ piece…) I mean, actually calling out somebody for saying something beyond the pale? Son, I had hope for you then.

Are you not aware that NWOslave stepped in to stand up for Tom?

Seriously, Steele. If there’s one thing that’ll save the Movement you care about, it’s having somebody stand up and yell at the top of their lungs that people who excuse the exploitation of children have no place in your Movement. If you start ignoring it now, then all your words about Exploitation having no place in your movement are going to start sounding…

Empty.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

.I’ve noticed that Boobzland seems to be driven- as in this case- primarily by irrationality and emotional impulses, rather than clear, rational and unbiased critical thinking, as is utilized in the Movement

“”And all the outraged PC demands to get huffy and point out how nothing justifies or excuses rape won’t change the fact that there are a lot of women who get pummeled and pumped because they are stupid (and often arrogant) enough to walk though life with the equivalent of a I’M A STUPID, CONNIVING BITCH – PLEASE RAPE ME neon sign glowing above their empty little narcissistic heads.” – Paul Elam

Sharculese

is that like when david tricked mikey into sockpuppeting?

Sharculese

it’s rlly funny when paul ‘my website and my internet radio make me a huge fucking deal’ elam accuses other people of being narcissists

ostara321
ostara321

If we’re going to talk “rational” how about a guy who claims he can’t be a writer because there’s a feminist conspiracy keeping him from getting published and ignores the existence of several current famous male authors (and the hundreds of old dead dudes who still grace library bookshelves)?

Or how about a dude who admits he doesn’t think there are any fence-sitters at Manboobz but then says he comes here to… recruit fence-sitters?

There are plenty more, the men/man who David chronicled a while back claiming that Christianity has actually been a feminist conspiracy since its inception comes to mind. You wanna talk mental gymnastics, hoo boy. It’s more like guys who can’t even do mental gymnastics hanging upside down on the mental monkey bars and yelling that up is down and black is white and 2+2=20.

whataboutthemoonz

I’d like to see more of the “mastery of language [Steele] has managed to attain”… in spite of MISANDRY.