antifeminism douchebaggery false accusations hundreds of upvotes I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA oppressed men rape rape jokes rapey reddit

Facepalm of the day: “10 Top Tips to End False Rape Accusations,” courtesy of the Men’s Rights subreddit

This lovely poster, meant as a sarcastic response to this “10 Top Tips to End Rape” poster, has gotten 759 upvotes in the Men’s Rights subreddit. Well, 759 net upvotes. It’s actually gotten more than 1200 upvotes, and 450 downvotes. Because, clearly, trying to stop the small percentage of rape accusations that are false is totally so much more important than trying to stop rape itself. Mocking rape prevention programs and promoting a culture in which women (and men, and genderqueer people) are afraid to come forward with real stories of rape for fear of being harassed and ridiculed is really the only decent thing to do. Plus: Lulz!

Here one commenter explains the “logic” behind the poster:

The discussion is, well, what you’d expect from r/mensrights. But don’t worry: some people have stepped up to critique the poster.

That’s right, solidwhetstone, your rapey poster wasn’t rapey enough!

There is some

here.

Cliff Pervocracy

I liked the one on another MRA site (the Spearhead maybe?) that was all “to avoid false rape accusations, get explicit consent, and if she’s drunk or seems uncertain, it’s not worth the risk!”

Now that’s keeping men safe!

Vitamin D
Vitamin D

Oh my god, it’s like the mrm are the annoying kids who follow you around all day playing shadow.

Nanasha
Nanasha

When people say shit like this, why do they then wonder why very few people will consent to have sex with them?

When you talk like a rape apologist, it makes alarm bells go off because chances are, if you think that NOTHING you do could ever be rape, you probably HAVE raped someone at some point, and you just DID NOT CARE.

I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t have sex with someone who advocated for these things because it not only normalizes dangerous rapists, but encourages rapist behavior as “normal sex.”

*Barf*

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

11. If a man ever forwards you this list with “LOL for truth!” attached, make sure that you are never alone in a room with him.

12. Warn your friends never to be alone with him either.

aworldanonymous

10 top tips to stop false rape accusations, because all accusations of rape are obviously false.

filetofswedishfish
filetofswedishfish

“Accusing a man of rape means he could go to jail for a long time”

I feel like a broken record here, but how many high profile cases in recent memory have actually resulted in a conviction/sentence/ruination of public life/vigilatism? I mean, I’m trying to think up some, but I’m getting Julian Assange, Ben Roethlisberger, the case of the one poor girl in Texas, Kobe Bryant. Like, even supposing their warped reality isn’t so… warped. Nothing really happened to those guys.

But then it occurs to me that if you think false rape accusations are A Thing In The World worth making such a deal out of, then you probably think nothing you could ever do would be rape, since you’d never leap out of the dark and so on and so forth. The bar is set so ridiculously high that it doesn’t even matter.

Cliff Pervocracy

I know I point this out every time, but it amazes me how their frame of mind around false rape accusations is that they can only happen after you have sex with someone.

1,4,6 and 8 on the list are explicit about it, and most of the others assume, that false rape narratives aren’t something women just make up, but specifically things women make up after having sex they regretted.

Which is, coincidentally, what most rapists tell themselves the next morning.

filetofswedishfish
filetofswedishfish

I say high profile above cause i think it’s obvious that I wouldn’t hear much of the low-profile ones.

Delurking
Delurking

I’m confused by point 7. Authorities in general tell me to carry a whistle and to blow it if I’m about to be raped. The MRAs are telling me to carry a whistle and to blow it if I think I’m going to falsely accuse someone of rape. So…how will the police, who will presumably arrive post-haste after hearing my whistle, know if I’m about to falsely accuse a guy of rape or I was actually about to have been raped? Guess they just have to let the guy (whoever he is) go just in case I was about to be an evil wimminz. (Yeah, I get that it’s a really poor play on the “if you think you’re going to rape someone, blow your whistle” thing. It just kind of amuses me that they seem to completely miss where that idea comes from).

Cliff Pervocracy

I’m getting too far into my projection here, maybe, but I’m thinking: [TW FOR DETAILS]

Say I raped a person. I didn’t jump out of the bushes or hold a gun to their head, but I did hold them down and keep groping them until they stopped resisting. And I was able to justify it to myself in my head that this was just “aggressively initiating,” which chicks dig, and because they eventually stopped fighting, that was the point where they started liking it and being glad I’d pushed them to get into it.

If they were drunk off their ass then there’d probably be even less resistance, and even more room for me to wishful-think that we’re just acting out a romantic bodice-ripper “no, no, yes” moment.

So in the morning, when the cops arrived at my door, it would be very easy for me to think–and even think sort of honestly–that this must be because she regretted the sex.

I think anything short of actually calling the cops during the rape can be mentally filed under “she just regretted it later” if you’re enough of a fucking piece of shit rape apologist.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ Cliff

I suspect that there are a mixture of somewhat clueless guys indulging in wishful thinking and self-justifying lies (what you described), and guys who know full well that they raped someone but also know how easy it is to get the culture as a whole to think women lie about rape. I also think that the guys who produce things like this poster are in group # 2.

filetofswedishfish
filetofswedishfish

@ Cliff: I’m betting that to these guys, even if you called the cops during the rape, you’re just in the midst of regretting it. Or you’re imagining the trouble you’d be in from your dad (wtf? my dad never asked/didn’t want to know/ just wanted us to avoid consequences and be safe). Or you think he’s ugly already. Or something.

Myoo
Myoo

They couldn’t even get a picture of a man shouting to properly match the original poster? Does the MRM fail at everything?

blitzgal

98% of rape prevention tips are focused on what women need to do to avoid being raped. The original poster is the only one I’ve ever seen that mentions the possibility that maybe we should also focus on the rapist. So take heart, MRAs. Most “Rape Prevention Tip” lists are still filled with things like, “Don’t wear your hair in a ponytail,” and “Don’t wear a skirt.”

myxozoan

Don’t use false rape as a means of getting out of trouble with your dad.

This is so unlikely and oddly specific–is the OP being false-rape-accused by children?

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

False rape allegations is a tiny problem in our society. MRAs are just making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Tulgey Logger

@blitzgal But naturally, BROs continue to confuse the exception for the rule and whine about the 2% that say “don’t rape anybody,” and act like giving women practical tips (practical for the stereotype world in their heads, mostly) on avoiding assault is just the newest fucking thing on the planet.

Cliff Pervocracy

Worth noting that Brian Banks did not have sex with a drunk girl or an alpha-hunting girl who “regretted it later.” She (apparently) just straight up made up the story.

It’s almost eerie how rarely that appears in MRA narratives.

blitzgal

Holy crap Cliff, who was that kid’s lawyer who told him to plead “no contest” to rape/kidnapping charges!?

You know, there is a definite issue with race in this country in that people of color are routinely treated differently and more harshly than white defendants. But the MRM never seem to pick up on that side of any story. They only focus on how women are evil.

2-D Man
2-D Man

This message brought to you by the friendly anti-false rape advocates in r/mensrights.

The lack of hyphenation in there is telling.

Newbie
Newbie

Last night, unfortunately, I was reading the Christian Mens Defense Network. Brent is a bitter divorced guy due to adultery on his wife’s part, and probably domestic violence on his part, without children & a participant on the Freak Show that is Dalrock. There is a woman calling herself Sunshine Mary leaving comments. It links to her blog which has the word dragon in it. Apparently she stopped her doctorate to become a homeschooling Quiverfull mother. So…her daughters will not have the opportunity for a university education. She really makes me sick. Anyway, in the comments she wrote that rape is not the worst thing that can happen to a girl or woman. And that stranger rape is very rare. It’s just disgusting & of course there were other comments as well. She uses the word Rape in quotation marks. What an evil, misguided bitch. I am so angry…..

themisanthropicmuse
themisanthropicmuse

@Newbie:

“Anyway, in the comments she wrote that rape is not the worst thing that can happen to a girl or woman. And that stranger rape is very rare. It’s just disgusting & of course there were other comments as well.”

I will say that rape isn’t the worst thing I can think of to happen to a woman but it sure as hell ranks up there and anyone who tries to downplay it as no big deal is living outside of reality.

Quackers
Quackers

And I would like to add to Cassandra’s comment:

13. If you know someone who posts regularly in r/mensrights, cut contact and warn your friends

Hershele Ostropoler

Cliff:

Which — inb4 trolls — we all agree is wrong*. And which indeed MRAs almost never mention except when it’s rhetorically convenient for them to pretend that’s what they meant the whole time.

*There, now no one can say we’re not condemning it. Where’s that list from Marc Faletti of things we all condemn?

chibigodzilla
chibigodzilla

nwoslave

Excellent poster! It should be placed in all colleges and high school’s. Let’s put and end to the false rape culture we live by educating women to stop lying in order to excuse themselves for their action, aviod punishment, cheating, revenge, or even things as vile as trying to get out of paying a taxi cab fare by claiming rape.

This is just one of so many examples of the entitlement and total lack of fear women in the west have of doing or saying anything. All four of them would’ve happily had this man locked up for life without so much as a second thought. To further grasp the entitlement mentality of western women, one of these precious princesses called up the police station after the video had been released and said she was sorry for the trouble and she wouldn’t be pressing charges. That’s right she wasn’t going to be pressing charges.

The list of excuses and insane reasons are endless. Two things need to happen. Women need to be educated that their pussy is not be used as a weapon, as an excuse, for extorsion, for profit, for revenge, as a shield. This should be done in schools and colleges. The second thing that needs to happen is accountability. If any woman does use her pussy for any such thing she needs to be punished. Without the fear of punishment women will never stop.

If men are being educated on the do’s and don’t of their sexuality. Women should be educated on the do’s and don’ts of their sexuality as well.

darksidecat

Three of these (1, 6, and 8) are pretty explicitly about them thinking it’s okay to rape drunk women and rape people too drunk to consent. Six is just basically saying “rape isn’t rape”. As usual, “false” accusations are really totally genuine accusations of a type of rape that MRAs think they should be allowed to do.

MRA: How dare women falsely accuse me of rape when I rape them!

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

I wonder if the Reddit guy who is talking about the anti-false-rape poster being condescending has any idea of what the real poster is about, since the original is supposed to be condescending and facile–to turn the (condescending, unnecessarily restrictive, ineffective) advice women get about avoiding rape around onto men.

Falconer
Falconer

Oh, it’s supposed to be a parody? I wondered what the fuck was up with the whistle.

Amanda Marcotte (@AmandaMarcotte)

Really, if a woman doesn’t want to be labeled a drunk slut, then the last thing she’ll do is to come out about a rape. Nothing gets you labeled “drunk slut” faster. Indeed, the main reason women don’t report rapes is because of the auto-label “drunk slut”.

chuckeedee
chuckeedee

Here’s my comment that I posted there:

I think that an eleventh should be added:

“Rape no longer means what it did prior to feminism coming on the scene 50 years ago. There is, of course, no excuse for anyone to rape, just as there is no excuse for anyone to pull your ponytail or shout obscenities at you. These days, rape has all the gravity of a bad-hair day. If you are a slut who threw away her honor years ago and you really did experience rape in any of its forms, like date-rape, or changed-my-mind rape, or take-back-the-night rape, or full-moon rape, then no matter what the outcome of your accusations, you just need to get over it and move on.”

You might want to condense this, but it might be misunderstood (give it time, another decade or two or three and they’ll eventually get it):

“Rape no longer means what it did prior to feminism coming on the scene 50 years ago. Get over it.”

nwoslave

@Newbie
“I was reading the Christian Mens Defense Network. Brent is a bitter divorced guy due to adultery on his wife’s part, and probably domestic violence on his part,”

Just out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion of DV on his part? The adultery seems to be factual. Why the casual false accusation of DV? Why not one just as casual that the ex-wife committed DV. A casual assumption of a man being guilty. Why is that?

For all the claims of the gang being equal, if I would’ve dared made such a casual assumption about a woman it’d be a clearcut case of misogyny. Let the excuses begin.
————
@blitzgal
“98% of rape prevention tips are focused on what women need to do to avoid being raped.”

Really? That would mean that for everytime men are forced to take the, “she fears you,” indoctrination women would need to take 49 similar classes in reverse. Is that the case?
————
@Tulgey Logger
“But naturally, BROs continue to confuse the exception for the rule and whine about the 2% that say “don’t rape anybody,”

Only 2% of men, or BROs as you so eloquently put it live by the rule to not rape? Well, it’s a bigger problem than I thought. Would that be another CDC statistic? They are quite reliable.
————
@Quackers
“I don’t find it condescending, just your typical MRA jackassery that I will disregard after reading this post.”

Who you still find it jackassery if a man like your father/brother or some man you might care about is locked away for a false charge and ass raped for real in prison?
————
@chibigodzilla
“This my be overly pedantic, but one does not need to be responsible for (or even involved in) an event to regret said event. So the whole “she just regretted it in the morning” thing doesn’t really hold up for me.”

The link I provided in my previous post shows an event doesn’t have to exist. It’s simply what any woman feels at at particular moment in time.
————
@darksidecat
“Three of these (1, 6, and 8) are pretty explicitly about them thinking it’s okay to rape drunk women and rape people too drunk to consent.”

More than likey during drunk sex both partries are equally smashed. Women as well as everyone here like to claim men and women are the same and sex is something equally shared, yet once any regret on a womans part occurs sex is suddenly something men do, “to” women. Why is that?

red_locker

I seriously wish these asshats would stop trying to co-opt Brian Banks. People in the MRM movement don’t give a shit about anyone but themselves and their “pain” of no longer being able to be abusive asshats without suffering the conquences. It’s shitty of them to erase examples of racism just to further their myths.

That’s the main reason why I couldn’t even look at the poster for more than 5 seconds. Just…fuck you people, seriously (directed at r/mensrights, not you folks).

Shadow
Shadow

What’s this, the MRM coopting the plight of men of colour? Surely this is an aberration? Fucking dickwads!

Kira
Kira

That is some sick crap. Makes me glad I’m a lesbian.

hellkell
hellkell

Chuckybiscuits, you are a laugh riot. Why don’t you get over the fact that you and your MRA brethren just can’t rape the way you want to?

hellkell
hellkell

clairedammit
clairedammit

People have the right to their bodily autonomy and physical safety, always. People are not merchandise who are worth less once they are “used*.” Your comment just says that you think rape victims are things and not people.

*not that I would think anyone was “used” because they had sex, obviously

cloudiah

Ha ha, Owly is pooping in Toysoldier’s comments now.

Cliff Pervocracy

It’s pretty fucking creepy that Chucky puts date rape on his list of heee-larious “fake rapes” like “full-moon rape”. Apparently once you go on a date with someone you’re just a whiny feminist if you try not to have sex with them?

…You know that if everyone believed that, pretty much no women would go on first dates ever?

jumbofisch
jumbofisch

What an evil, misguided bitch. I am so angry…..

Oh fuck off with the slurs against women please if you are going to be prowomen’s rights mkay?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh no. Cliff, you said the c-word! Which is much worse than cheerleading for date rape.

nwoslave

@hellkell
“Shadow, they only care about men of color when it’s convenient. Otherwise, they think MOCs are just “thugs.”

The matriarchal ghetto is soley women’s gift the the black population. It’s your utopia, you created it. Now go clean it up. You gals have made a real shithole of the entire western world. I wonder if the Title IX quota system in STEM fields will fix the worlds ill’s that women have done such a stellar job with so far?

Here’s another leg up ladettes, no doubt followed by a scintillating study of how women are dominating yet another field. teaching, psycology, medical, politics, ect, where ever women dominate the price skyrockets and the quality plummets. Innovations should come to a standstill. Maybe you can the color pink to something and than bitch that it’s pink. Oh the innovations. Maybe if ya cry about it online somebody’ll drop 160K in your lap and make video’s about how great women are and how bad men are. That appears to be women’s true calling.

Shadow
Shadow

@hellkell

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of men of colour being claimed by the MRM. Even when they want to complain about the “ghetto” and ” welfare queens” it’s always “I’ve heard black men” or “Even black men”. Then when something like Brian Banks happens it’s all “This is the plight of men everywhere!!! This is why my middle-class White ass is part of “the greatest social justice movement since the civil rights”!!!”. Like red_locker said, they just completely erase the racism. I still don’t know how someone like AntZ can sit there and think these people are his allies *smh*

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Well, hey, the MRA tendency to appropriate the experiences of black men when convenient goes nicely with their tendency to appropriate the experience of soldiers, miners, fishermen, etc. You can’t say they’re not consistent.

aworldanonymous

Have you ever experienced the need to live in fear of being raped, Have you ever felt like you couldn’t go out at night without a man there just because of the threat, no? I didn’t think so, you privilege-blind asshat.

Cliff Pervocracy

Well, it is a little inconsistent when they’re buddy-buddy with all the white supremacists on In Mala Fide, and even the slightly less radical ones have no problem ranting about “thugboys” and how they’re going to go buy a “non-Western woman” to keep as a pet.

But they sure will stick up for a black man in this case! So long as nobody acknowledges his race could have had anything to do with it!

SticksAndPucks
SticksAndPucks

The 10 top tips to end rape list is even funnier than the parody. Like a rapist is going to read the list and have an epiphany and think “omg…what have I been doing with my life!”

1 2 3