antifeminism evil fat fatties hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men Tom Martin whores

The Lighter Side of Tom Martin (the repulsive British MRA)

Not Tom Martin

The other day we took a look at some of the more reprehensible opinions of Tom Martin, one of the UK’s most prominent Men’s Rights Activists and a man who evidently believes that child prostitutes are taking the easy way out to avoid having to get real jobs. He returned with even worse stuff, which I highlighted in my previous post.

Happily for all of us, not all of Martin’s views are this reprehensible. Many are merely ridiculous. So, today, let’s look at the Lighter Side of Tom Martin, as evidenced by some of his recent comments here on Man Boobz.

Martin apparently spent last Sunday working on a video project which involved him buttonholing passers-by on the streets of London and asking them questions in order to “prove” his various crackpot theories about gender. Here’s how he explained one aspect of his video research:

After shooting my video experiment tomorrow to discover who is more sexist on the street, women or women, I will be shooting another short, investigating if there is a correlation between unfunny women and prostitution ethic. I believe women could be as funny as men on average if they tried, but instead, invest in whoring strategies. I have a reliable street experiment to investigate this hypothesis also  …

If I can establish that women can be as funny as men (in a zero prostitution environment), then this video experiment will be released in a news piece, and used as a springboard to pre-sell the feature-length documentary it will form a part of, on a related topic.

Good luck with that!

Martin also took on the contentious (to him) subject of male baldness, a topic of intense interest to him, due to certain factors with regard to gender and misandry … er, long story short, he’s  bald. Sorry, balding.

After one commenter here suggested that Martin’s ambition was to become a sort of “Ann Coulter … with less hair and more swearing,” he took umbrage – not at the comparison to Coulter but at the bit about hair.

Well Cassandra, there are five new baldness treatments in the pipeline, but no drugs for treating a receding personality, so what are you going to do?

In a followup comment, the man whose favorite word in the English language is “whore,” used as an insult, declared we were being a bunch of evil meanies for even mentioning the whole (lack of) hair thing:

Cassandra, thanks to your receding personality (for which there is already a cure – renunciation therapy), I have decided for my filmed experiment tomorrow to also measure the degree to which each sex is prepared to make physical insults about the other sex.

Even if you specifically were fat for instance, and it was all your own fault because you refuse to get a job, I would never mention it in a debate with you. I debated an obese woman once. She ordered a pizza whilst we were still on stage, but I did not refer to it at the time, because of the most basic standards of decorum.

This I believe was an attempt at a joke.

How many manboobzers are prepared now to concur that Cassandra was being a douche by picking on an involuntary physiological characteristic of a debating opponent? And then encouraging others to do the same?

Of course, in Martin’s mind, mocking women as fat whores  is totally cool, because:

Fatness is a choice, ladies, and so is being a whore. Going bald (currently) is not, due to poor efficacy of available treatments, including transplants. That will change, if Aderans, Histogen, Replicel, Allergen and Tsuji-Lab among others have anything to do with it. All you need to do in the meantime is shut the fuck up until they sort it out. The apparent acceptability of attacking the bald though, is a great example of the lack of equality men have. People do not generally attack or humiliate women who are going bald – but when it’s a man…

Uh, yeah, that’s why virtually every bald or balding woman wears a hat or a wig, while bald or balding men just comb it over or shave it all off.

Evidently Martin feels that even a mention of his lack of hair is some kind of hate crime. Here, prominent Bald Rights Activist Larry David tries to convince authorities to investigate a similar hate crime against him.

Note to Martin: Larry David’s show, “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” is fictional.

(Note: Tom Martin has confirmed that this is indeed him posting comments here on Man Boobz by sending an email from the account associated with his website Sexismbusters.org. Also, he’s retweeted quotes from his comments here. Contact him via his web site if you are skeptical.)

jumbofisch

Tom you are a clown, thx for making me laugh. You also are a terrible terrible person but fortunately your own stupidity should prevent you from doing much harm to the world.

-LOVE JUMBOFISH

kristinmh
kristinmh

Wow. I’m having some difficulties with Mr MH and feeling pretty bummed about it, but compared to Tom Martin Mr MH is a positive saint.

(BTW I miss you guys and I still lurk, it’s just hard to keep up and contribute what with babby et al.)

kristinmh
kristinmh

And who knew but Telly Savalas RAWR.

skeptifem

Baldness oppression? seriously? There are tons of extremely successful people who are bald, including people who are considered conventionally attractive (actors like vin disel and bruce willis come to mind), and also a ton of politicians. Feeling held back by appearance is different than actually being held back by appearance (though of course feeling held back is something that virtually everyone experiences, unless puberty was a time of complete confidence for everyone but me).

Anyway, all this “lets put research towards X because it is more important” is a factory view of science (where science is a factory with a product that can be dictated), but it really doesn’t work that way. X-rays were discovered by trying to figure out why a repeatable experiment resulted in goo being deposited on the inside of a vaccuum tube. Germs were discovered via microscopes, which were made because of optics experiements. A lot of the technology we have resulted from chance or because of the nature of the problem to be solved (maybe it is much simpler to cure baldness than drug resistant bacteria). It is not as though scientists are totally interchangable either, what scientist A can be useful working on may not be true of scientist B, so trying to funnel them all into say, cancer research would not neccesarily work.

There is also the issue of results- the results of the baldness research might be useful for some other problem down the road. It is impossible to know.

Of course none of this makes tom’s argument any more sensible, just a minor gripe on my part about the discussion of science. He is obviously a man who is incredibly narcissistic and his sense of entitlement in the world is absolutely absurd.

Tulgey Logger

No, Tom, please do continue explaining your well-thought out, compassionate, socially aware ideas to us. Nice Gaius™ is very interested in what you have to say:

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

I think by AIDS he must mean my rant about TB? Except one of those is actually (usually) easily killed with antibiotics and big names want better antibiotics to fight it (that is, MSF would like better TB drugs, now please)

Tom Martin

Me: “Child prostitution should be illegal, but it is not rape”.

Manboobzers: “He thinks child rape is okay”.

Me: “No, I already said I don’t, at the point when I said child rape is not okay.”

Manboobzers: “He definitely thinks child rape is okay!”

Me: “Well, see you.”

Manboobzers: “Yeah, whatever, rape apologist.”

Me: “Er… See you then.”

Manboobzers: “Rape!”

If you pay a child for sex thats rape
If you sleep with a child thats rape

WHAT IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND THAT CHILDREN CANNOT CONSENT TO HAVE SEX WITH ADULTS YOU SICK FUCK.

red_locker

Cool story, bro.

Oh, whoops. I meant, BALD bro.

2-D Man
2-D Man

2-D Man still seems to think we should cure everything else first. Stupidity is treatable now!

Yes, but you don’t seem to be complying with the regimen.

Tulgey Logger

Tom Martin: “Child prostitutes should be put back in school, or if repeat offenders, prosecuted for attempting to profit by preying on the mentally ill pedo population.”

Rest of the World: What the fuck is wrong with you? Child prostitutes preying on adult pedophiles? How far up your ass is your head?

Tom Martin: Have you renounced prostitution yet, 97% of women?

Rest of the World: This is a man who is taking himself seriously? How does he fucking breathe when he simply must say “prostitute” so much?

Tom Martin: Prostitutes.

Rest of the World: Get help, you strange, sad little man.

Cliff Pervocracy

Yeah, you said it’s not okay because it’s so rough on the poor pedophiles.

Just think of a bald pedophile. (With a skinny bum.) He must be the most oppressed person in the world!

hellkell
hellkell

Tom, it’s way past too late to try to spin what you’ve said in any kind of positive light.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Truly no burden is as heavy as that of bonyassism.

2-D Man
2-D Man

The baldness research in question is being carried out privately. Those funding the research would see little benefit from releasing their results and doing so could help others beat them to a baldness cure. I would think it exceptionally unlikely that any results will be released for public consumption.

In addition, I agree that science ought to be pursued for knowledge’s sake, but drug research falls more under the umbrella of applied science and engineering than basic research, where a factory view isn’t necessarily damaging. (One needs, of course, a broader view than just the factory as well.)

Shadow
Shadow

Truly no burden is as heavy as that of bonyassism.

Long hath it bent my back, and pained my coccyx. What misandric God would punish us so!!

Tom Martin

Jumbofish said,

If you pay a child for sex thats rape
If you sleep with a child thats rape

Yes, Jumbofish, according to the evidence, child prostitutes can and do consent to sex with adults, whether this makes you angry at me or not.

Here’s a bunch of child prostitutes talking you through the process of how they consent:

I am as disgusted as anyone, that these children are prostitutes, but I am not prepared to lie to myself, about who is ultimately responsible for those children’s actions.

Of course, the hoary old Marxist argument for ADULTS choosing prostitution, is that the women had no other choice, due to economic imperatives. Only trouble with that argument, is that between 1998 and 2008 – a time of unparralled economic growth (and increase in job opportunities for women with positive discrimination implementation across professions) the numbers of female prostitutes still increased. This period was also the period of a renewed crusade to reinvent the “sex slavery” and “sex trafficking” myths though – so blinkered feminist drones will have become increasingly convinced during this period of prostitutions’ seamingly increasingly real claim to victim status, rather than the diminishing claim due to increased opportunities in non-prostitution economies.

Your argument has been raped (so to speak), but that’s about as far as it goes.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

And yeah, researching new TB antibiotics might prove hard, or have other benefits, but afaik, it simply isn’t being done (almost certainly because developed nations largely don’t have MDR-TB, XDR-TB, etc). They’re still using the same antibiotics from like the 50s (which, having had the wonder of the first line drugs, require another pill so they don’t trash your liver…that’s the first line drug, they only get nastier from there).

Other, simpler, MSF requests re: TB — child sized doses of the current drugs. Making smaller pills can’t be that damned hard can it?

Lol, speaking of my liver, vodka anyone?

2-D Man
2-D Man

Also, for shits and giggles.
Tom Martin, you are dumb.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

jumbofisch

No my argument has not been forced into an unwanted sexual situation or unable to consent to sexual contact. Arguments cant be raped, nor can people rape arguments…..

Kindly fuck off CREEP.

hellkell
hellkell
Cliff Pervocracy

Child prostitutes say “yes” to sex with adults. (Sometimes. Other times they don’t.) This does not mean that they made a free choice between “have a happy normal childhood with a stable home and plenty to eat” and “be a child prostitute,” and they thought the latter just sounded fun.

I’m not sure how that’s Marxist.

My personal argument is that if you can pay someone to give you a backrub, you can pay someone to give you a dickrub. (And the fact that you can get a free backrub from a partner doesn’t mean that hiring a massage therapist is somehow immoral.) Just treat your service provider well and respect their limits.

Your argument has been raped (so to speak),

You’re all class.

BUT IT SHOULD TOTALLY BE ILLEGAL YOU GUISE

Your argument has been raped (so to speak)

Tom Martin: class act.

Shadow
Shadow

Well, you’re certainly making a valiant attempt to lie to the rest of us about it then.

Cliff Pervocracy

I found the perfect chair for Tom:

Oh man, I’d totally buy that except for feeling like 98% certain that the creator, ahem, “checked the fit” several times and did not wipe it off after.

Snowy
Snowy

I’m not “as disgusted as anyone” at those children. Anyone who could read those stories and come to the conclusions you have disgusts me more than I can possibly express.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Actually Tom calls more for tequila, since I tend to associate it with laughter.”

I don’t have any, but I just cracked open a fresh bottle of vodka I’d be happy to share if it’d help make his stupidity go down easier.

Another rationalization hamster courtesy of Tom Martin:

Although I think it may be giving him much too much credit.

2-D Man
2-D Man

So you’re saying that during an economic boom, while the economy was being liquidated, and there was all kinds of money flowing around for luxury services, supply for prostitution increased?

This period was also the period of a renewed crusade to reinvent the “sex slavery” and “sex trafficking” myths…

And you’re saying that people who watch for things like sex trafficking became more concerned about sex trafficking during this same time when there was more disposable income flowing around for luxuries and prostitution increased.

Surely there’s some sort of coherent narrative that ties together these facts using simple economic theories such as increases in disposable wealth leading to higher demand for luxuries and that higher demand spurring higher supply, or perhaps that supply being acquired at the expense of subjugated and marginalized people outside of first-world countries. But if such a narrative exists, it is beyond the grasp of a mere Engineering Physics graduate like me. We’d better turn to a Gender Studies graduate whose claim to fame is a failed lawsuit about the skinnyness of his own butt.

princessbonbon

Me: “Making fun of bald people is not fair and you shouldn’t do it.”

Manboobzers: “He thinks baldness is worse than AIDS!”

Me (to self): “Oh, they seem to have misinterpreted what I said. I will just explain it more clearly with one more… nah, fuck it. They obviously can’t read.”

You know, Mr. Martin, if this was the only thing you ever said on this blog then you would be correct. No one should make fun of a person not having hair especially if that person is sensitive about it. Teasing someone is generally not very nice.

Unfortunately that is not what you have said about this topic. You have said “OH MY GOD IF YOU ARE BALD YOUR LIFE IS OVER AND NO ONE WILL LOVE YOU AND AND AND” after saying the utterly horrific “child prostitutes are nothing but criminals who prey on innocent pedophiles” and other equally disgusting and horrifying things.

So yeah, that little line you said there that I quoted? It is filtered through our seeing what a pox you are which means that if you had a decent point, it is lost in the muck that you have thrown on our computers.

Tom Martin

Everyone has a choice about whether to be a prostitute or not.

I was finishing with a girlfriend recently, and she wasn’t very happy about it. She then revealed to me that her family had won the lottery (250,000 Euros), and said that we could live in one of their properties, on a Mediterranean beach. She was trying to keep me interested, but I can honestly say, that although I liked her, I didn’t love her, and the offer of the free property did not make one fraction of a difference to my decision to terminate the relationship. The thought did not even cross my mind for a single moment. That’s why I know I’m not a [word redacted by DF].

It actually turned me off, that she was trying to keep me interested in this way.

I believe, that offers of money also turn women off, physically, but that they are encouraged
by the culture and their families and friends, to make the compromise, accept the freebies, and over-ride their sexual instincts, to instead put up with financed but loveless, orgasmless marriages, and that this compromise is so widespread, it induces an under-achievement cultural norm for women all round.

Tom Martin

Footballer rapes another footballer. Referee says play on…

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Speaking of baldness, my father is actually proud to be bald, says his hair was too proud to turn grey so it jumped right of his head (granted, I’d need to down the entire fresh bottle of vodka to be as drunk as he usually is, but still, point stands).

Tom — Go back to penguins please, you really were funny then.

@Tom

Tom Martin

Cloudiah,

There are several baldness drugs that are also effective for prostate, both on the market, and under investigation, like S-Equol for one:

Tulgey Logger

Footballer rapes another footballer. Referee says play on…

Reason #45618942184321654 MRABROs can fuck off of trying to advocate for my gender.

themisanthropicmuse
themisanthropicmuse

Here’s one that’s no hamster but I think it works 😀

Tom Martin

It’s child prostitution, not rape, because the child asked for cash up front, set a price, then took the money, and performed the agreed act.

I’d pass a lie detector on this one.

Manboobzers probably don’t agree with lie detectors.

Tulgey Logger

Lie detectors are unscientific, and even if they weren’t it would only be a test of what you believe to be true.

Fortunately, we only need these conveniently available public statements to determine that you’re full of shit.

Tulgey Logger

PS It’s rape because it’s sex with a child.

PPS Your definition of prostitution is a pile of steaming crap if you think that dating someone because of what they own qualifies as prostitution.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Unfortunately lie detector tests can only detect people who are lying. People who are either stupid or detached from reality can pass them quite easily, since like Tom they actually believe the ridiculous things they say to be true.

themisanthropicmuse
themisanthropicmuse

@Tom Martin:
“I’d pass a lie detector on this one.” Funny thing, you know, that most pathological liars and sociopaths can easily pass those tests. Yeah Tom, I bet you’d have no trouble with one of those. Oh, and don’t try to even pretend that the rest of us all secretly agree with your delusional worldview in which kids and adults are psychologically interchangeable, penguins are prostitutes and chairs are misandry. Most people with a fully functional brain aren’t even in the same ballpark as your batshite ideas.

Cliff Pervocracy

I’d pass a lie detector on this one.

Oh, we’re sure you believe it.

But if you’re trying to prove it’s true… you know that’s not how lie detectors work, right? You can’t hook yourself up to one, say “breaking the speed of light is possible” and depending on how it reads solve the secrets of the universe.

Steele
Steele

After much deliberation, I have concluded that Tom Martin is a massive troll. He is simply too perfectly contemptible. I believe he may even be an active mole in service of feminists, to discredit the MRM. I would ask Boobzland to consider this likely possibility.

Pam
Pam

I’d pass a lie detector on this one.

Oh hell, if I truly believed that the moon was made of green cheese, I would pass a lie detector on that one…. but that wouldn’t make it factual.

jumbofisch

He has videos, a website, and you can look online to see he indeed did sue his school. Tom martin exist.

*exists

Tulgey Logger

You’ve certainly impressed us with your deliberations in the past, Steelepole. However, one factor mitigating the likelihood of this conclusion, despite our respect for your awesome powers of reasoning, is that the man ate a 37,000 pound bill pursuing his dumb agenda in court, whereas trolling is free.

You MRABROs look pretty ridiculous without feminists helping you along.