antifeminism evil fat fatties hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men Tom Martin whores

The Lighter Side of Tom Martin (the repulsive British MRA)

Not Tom Martin

The other day we took a look at some of the more reprehensible opinions of Tom Martin, one of the UK’s most prominent Men’s Rights Activists and a man who evidently believes that child prostitutes are taking the easy way out to avoid having to get real jobs. He returned with even worse stuff, which I highlighted in my previous post.

Happily for all of us, not all of Martin’s views are this reprehensible. Many are merely ridiculous. So, today, let’s look at the Lighter Side of Tom Martin, as evidenced by some of his recent comments here on Man Boobz.

Martin apparently spent last Sunday working on a video project which involved him buttonholing passers-by on the streets of London and asking them questions in order to “prove” his various crackpot theories about gender. Here’s how he explained one aspect of his video research:

After shooting my video experiment tomorrow to discover who is more sexist on the street, women or women, I will be shooting another short, investigating if there is a correlation between unfunny women and prostitution ethic. I believe women could be as funny as men on average if they tried, but instead, invest in whoring strategies. I have a reliable street experiment to investigate this hypothesis also  …

If I can establish that women can be as funny as men (in a zero prostitution environment), then this video experiment will be released in a news piece, and used as a springboard to pre-sell the feature-length documentary it will form a part of, on a related topic.

Good luck with that!

Martin also took on the contentious (to him) subject of male baldness, a topic of intense interest to him, due to certain factors with regard to gender and misandry … er, long story short, he’s  bald. Sorry, balding.

After one commenter here suggested that Martin’s ambition was to become a sort of “Ann Coulter … with less hair and more swearing,” he took umbrage – not at the comparison to Coulter but at the bit about hair.

Well Cassandra, there are five new baldness treatments in the pipeline, but no drugs for treating a receding personality, so what are you going to do?

In a followup comment, the man whose favorite word in the English language is “whore,” used as an insult, declared we were being a bunch of evil meanies for even mentioning the whole (lack of) hair thing:

Cassandra, thanks to your receding personality (for which there is already a cure – renunciation therapy), I have decided for my filmed experiment tomorrow to also measure the degree to which each sex is prepared to make physical insults about the other sex.

Even if you specifically were fat for instance, and it was all your own fault because you refuse to get a job, I would never mention it in a debate with you. I debated an obese woman once. She ordered a pizza whilst we were still on stage, but I did not refer to it at the time, because of the most basic standards of decorum.

This I believe was an attempt at a joke.

How many manboobzers are prepared now to concur that Cassandra was being a douche by picking on an involuntary physiological characteristic of a debating opponent? And then encouraging others to do the same?

Of course, in Martin’s mind, mocking women as fat whores  is totally cool, because:

Fatness is a choice, ladies, and so is being a whore. Going bald (currently) is not, due to poor efficacy of available treatments, including transplants. That will change, if Aderans, Histogen, Replicel, Allergen and Tsuji-Lab among others have anything to do with it. All you need to do in the meantime is shut the fuck up until they sort it out. The apparent acceptability of attacking the bald though, is a great example of the lack of equality men have. People do not generally attack or humiliate women who are going bald – but when it’s a man…

Uh, yeah, that’s why virtually every bald or balding woman wears a hat or a wig, while bald or balding men just comb it over or shave it all off.

Evidently Martin feels that even a mention of his lack of hair is some kind of hate crime. Here, prominent Bald Rights Activist Larry David tries to convince authorities to investigate a similar hate crime against him.

Note to Martin: Larry David’s show, “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” is fictional.

(Note: Tom Martin has confirmed that this is indeed him posting comments here on Man Boobz by sending an email from the account associated with his website Sexismbusters.org. Also, he’s retweeted quotes from his comments here. Contact him via his web site if you are skeptical.)

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Oh, I have a somewhat relevent question actually. Did Tom ever say anything about how many men were w-s in his estimation? Cause I remember him saying 98% for manboobzers, and some percentage of us are male…”

I asked him exactly that already, file it under “questions Tom ignored”. I really do need that number to calculate what % of manboobzers are male, in his mind, and I’m frikken’ curious!

hellkell
hellkell

Katz, we just can’t have nice things.

Fembot
Fembot

I wrote:

The frustrating thing about Tom is that he would never define the W word, or explain what “prostitution in all its forms” actually *entitled.

* that should say entailed. How embarrassing 🙁

Viscaria
Viscaria

I wasn’t just being random, with the old comments thread thing. I was reading the link sniper put up. Meller was amusingly Meller-ish.

Angela
Angela

He’s like those people that sell you a substance that “detoxifies” your system by getting rid of all the stuff that hardens in your colon because you just swallowed something hardens in the colon.

Ladies, are you afraid you might be in the 97% of women who are all whores? Order my Dewhoreifer 8000 for only $19.99 you can de-prostitute your life! You can renounce ancient Egyptian temple whores! Being a mistress! You’ll be free from bordellos, brothels and modern redlight districts! Order now, and we’ll throw in the pint-size de-child-whorer!*

*Just pay separate shipping and handling.

Hesster
Hesster

Sounds like Tom is so repellant, even his hair wants to get away from him. Upon reading all this crap from him, all I could think of was this:

cloudiah

Speaking of men, and hair:

Pam

Sounds like Tom is so repellant, even his hair wants to get away from him

LOL!!! I liked that one!

Pam

The frustrating thing about Tom is that he would never define the W word, or explain what “prostitution in all its forms” actually entailed.

Well, my understanding, from all his rantings and ravings, is that a “goddess” (I like Ithiliana’s suggestion for replacement word for the W word, so I’m gonna use it) is someone who accepts anything (a gift, a paid meal, a paid movie ticket, etc., etc.) from the person with whom they are having (or with whom they will be having) sexual relations. Especially repugnant of the “goddesses” are the “housegoddesses” (i.e., housewives, stay-at-home-moms, who are not gainfully employed outside of the domestic sphere) because look at all the free stuff they get (room and board, clothing, etc.) in exchange for the sexual relations that they provide. So prostitution in all its forms would be just that… not only the self-identified sex workers, but accepting anything offered from a person with whom one is having or will have sexual relations.

What about government largesse?

Pam

What about government largesse?

I guess that might depend upon whether the bestower(s) received any sexual favours from the recipient(s).

He said any woman who received “government largesse” was a w.

Pam

It’s sorta like owly’s whinging about how it’s only men who have to actually WORK, and work at all the dirty and dangerous jobs, in order to put food on the table, bla bla bla, whereas a woman need only sit in the middle of the street and cry in order for food, money, gifts, etc., to rain down on her like manna from heaven. For Tom’s whinging, just replace “sit in the middle of the street and cry” with “flash some pussy”.

Fembot
Fembot

Then if a woman is not sexually active or dating or in a relationship she can’t be a W. But since most women in relationships or dating recieve (and give) gifts from their partner, they are Ws. Wow. How would a forty year marriage look if neither party gave gifts for its entire duration? Probably not very happy.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

So what about men who’re on the dole?

(Which I rather suspect Tom must be, given some of the hours he’s been posting at.)

Pam

He said any woman who received “government largesse” was a w.

Hmmmmmmm…. I may have missed that one….

Okay, so any woman who receives “government largesse” is receiving something without actually WORKING for it, and since it’s mainly men who do what is actually considered as WORK, only those men (and possibly a few token women) are required to pay taxes to said government. The “goddess” is probably fucking at least one of those men who has to pay taxes of which the government largesse is comprised.

Pam

I’m sure that he could come up with some type of special rider for that situation, if said woman is not doing any form of what he considers to be actual WORK for whatever it is that she is receiving.

Pam

So what about men who’re on the dole?

He may give them a penis pass, especially if he is one of them.

Nanasha
Nanasha

I do not think that Tom understands what a “gift” means- it means that you give something to someone else without expecting anything in return. It is a kind gesture, not an exchange of items for actions.

Or does he expect that every time his parents give him a present for his birthday that they expect sexual favors in return?

I get gifts for my husband all the time. Does that make him my strumpet?

Pam

I get gifts for my husband all the time. Does that make him my strumpet?

If your husband is giving you sexytimes, then I think the answer, in Tom’s world, would be “Yes”.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Since there’s no way that couples are going to stop giving each other gifts, things like birthdays and holidays being built into most cultures, the only remaining solution would be for all couples to stop having sex.

Yeah, this is going to work out great.

Pam

Yep, it’d be a world full of cushiony chairs but either no gifts or no sexytimes.

Pam

And all because Tom’s penis is not a valuable commodity. Oh, the humanity!!

Wetherby
Wetherby

So what about men who’re on the dole? </blockquote

I read that as "men who wh*re on the dole" at first.

Tulgey Logger

For those tired of Martin’s bilious boorishness, John the Other has a LOVELY article up on AVfM all about how Taslima Nasreen, a Bangladeshi feminist, is in his opinion an “imbecile” and has a nine-year-old’s mentality. PS the subject is acid attacks; JtO chooses only the least loaded, most appropriate topics over which to call someone an imbecile and ask “what about teh menz?”

It may not be the best way to seek relief from Tom Martin.

Wetherby
Wetherby

I have a nine-year-old child, and I have to say that if I had to compare him with one of those two, it wouldn’t be Taslima Nasreen.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“And all because Tom’s penis is not a valuable commodity. Oh, the humanity!!”

Watch out when you say that, remember how he reacted to the observation that he has less hair than Ann Coulter.

teirisias
teirisias

Tulgey Logger:

Taslima is actually pretty cool — when she got her Freethought Blogs gig, she pissed off a lot of people with her attitude towards sex work (conflating it with slavery), but managed to be mature about it and stand her ground without starting drama (unlike some people I could mention *cough*thunderf00t*cough*) and is a well-respected member of the community. She also created her own name for reasons that perhaps are a little silly objectively, but from her point of view, are rather cool. I’m not a regular reader, but I kinda like her anyway.

2-D Man
2-D Man

Gah! The bald thing pisses me off. I’m going bald too, but FIVE treatments are in development?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Do you know how many antibiotics are in development? Do you know how many people have died from a lack of hair?

Estraven
Estraven

I saw Taslima’s post on acid attacks. It’s horrifying.

As for baldness … well, my husband is, let’s say, thinning on top, and my attitude is “Who cares?”

Tom Martin

2-D Man said:-
Gah! The bald thing pisses me off… Do you know how many people have died from a lack of hair?

2-D, several people have died from lack of hair, as the bullying, marginalization and depression has driven them to suicide. Male pattern baldness also correlates with increased risk of prostate cancer, and heart disease. The increased risk of heart disease might partly be as a result of the marginalizing effect suffered by bullied and statistically less popular bald people. Bald people are perceived as less socially competent, less physically attractive, less trustworthy, and less popular, by the general population (although perceived as more intelligent). A bald male internet dating profile gets five times less clicks than the same profile with full hair. Front bench MPs are more likely to have hair than back benchers. Good hair is the second most important feature as a predictor of life success, behind good skin.

Those are serious disadvantages that bald people have to overcome every day. Some people go bald by the time they’re 20. There are companies working on treatments for this, and you are complaining?

What an idiot.

Even if you want to pretend that baldness doesn’t matter, and that people’s attitudes need to change, to stop bullying bald people, then why aren’t you speaking up against all the baldist bullying comments here?

Because you are a manboobzer?

Anyone affected by baldness can follow all the latest developments here:

If you knew what you were talking about, you’d realize, there are people so devastated by hair loss, that they simply refuse to leave the house.

Expect a partial cure by 2016, and if you’re not balding, count yourself lucky you won’t be shelling out several thousands for the treatment.

The Larry David scene was exactly right. The police officer was also black-skinned, so even if he did have male pattern baldness, his bald patch would not contrast as drastically as it does with a white person’s bald patch showing through their typically dark hair.

2-D man was using the argument that there are more important things to worry about, like we have to cure everything else before we cure baldness. There are no panaceas though, so we need to do what we can, where we can. Furthermore, hair follicles are actually organs,
so if scientists can replicate those, then the technology will probably apply to other medical breakthroughs too.

Furthermore, they may have cloned a wind-pipe for instance, and successfully transplanted it into a human, but it is hardly eye-catching. When bald men suddenly show up with full heads of real hair, this will signal the real beginning of the stem cell age – and a reminder to everyone, that organs can be regenerated, and that stemcell research is real, and should be invested in.

It doesn’t surprise me a manboobzer would take a luddite view of it all though.

Estraven
Estraven

There are people so devastated by hair loss that they refuse to leave the house? Huh. Perhaps they have problems that go beyond hair loss? And yeah, put me on the bandwagon of those who disdain wind-pipe cloning and transplants but can’t wait to see formerly bald men sporting full heads of hair. Priorities, people, priorities!

Good to know, though, that you’re not against stem cell research despite all those embryos that end up being discarded.

Sharculese

omigod, tom, you make owlslave look stoic by comparison

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Child prostitution – No big deal, according to Tom Martin

Baldness – Worst thing that can happen to a person

Cliff Pervocracy

Ahahaha, apparently his load-bearing buttock pads aren’t his only tender spot.

cloudiah

Rampant baldism!!! BALDISM!

Pam

I’d forgotten about that, but although I may have nicked a minor vein, you, apparently, hit the jugular!

2-D Man
2-D Man

If you knew what you were talking about, you’d realize there are people so devastated by bacterial infections, that they simply refuse to leave their coffins! But since those people aren’t white British guys, you just don’t give a shit, do ya, Tommy-boy?

Tom Martin

Here’s something from a BBC article on the effects of baldness…

A recent survey found that 39% of men interviewed were anxious about hair loss.

Young adults (aged 18-24) fear going bald twice as much as older men and more than putting on weight and going grey.
Elizabeth Steel, founder of the support group Hairline International… said…

“When I first launched Hairline it was for women who had lost their hair, but I was amazed at the response I got from men.

“Baldness caused them far more suffering than I had ever imagined.

“Baldness does not hurt physically, but it does cause so much suffering across the board: people lose confidence, marriages break down, careers are ruined and it can lead to suicide attempts.”

2-D Man still seems to think we should cure everything else first. Stupidity is treatable now!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ Pam

Which is funny in that I wasn’t even aiming for it. Imagine how he’d react if any of us were as nasty to him as he is to, say, child prostitutes.

hellkell
hellkell

Tom, I’m surprised anyone noticed your baldness, seeing as your head is completely up your ass.

Bald is not a disability, but perhaps you could sue your mom?

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Stupidity is treatable now!”

…so is depression.

Unlike TB, which won’t be for much longer if we don’t get on that whole antibiotic thing. Math time! (My favorite time of day!)

CDC data is good by you right Tom? You aren’t going to pull an NWO and laugh at gov’n data? (I can pull up NHS data if you’d prefer, that’d be reasonable)

CDC — TB first — “There were 547 deaths from TB in 2009, the most recent year for which these data are available. Compared to 2008 data, when 590 deaths from TB occurred, this represents a 7% decrease in TB deaths.”

Next, suicide, this one is going to be slightly more complex. “In 2009, suicide was ranked as the 10th leading cause of death among persons ages 10 years and older, accounting for 36,891 deaths.” Let’s round up and say 25% had health related factors. “Males take their own lives at nearly four times the rate of females and represent 78.8% of all U.S. suicides.”

Now for the math — 80% of 36,891 is 29,512 (that’s the number of male suicides, in the US, in 2009) — 25% of that is 7,378. Do you have a citation for the % of male suicides that had baldness as the precipitating health issue? Fuck, I’ll be generous and call it half, it make for easy math while not totally ignoring things like incurable diseases and whatnot. That’s 3,689 — at absolute fucking most, baldness causes 6.25 as many deaths as TB.

Except guess what? That’s boring old regular TB, not that nasty MDR-TB, or XDR-TB, or fuck, TDR-TB — that last one? Nothing kills it. Just a little concerned now that maybe TB is actually still a problem we should be putting research into finding antibiotics for?

(Oh and btw? I didn’t account for the fact that the majority of male suicides are elderly, they’ve been bald for quite some time in other words)

So I can’t speak for 2D-man here, but I speak for myself when I say — I don’t give a shit if y’all cure male pattern baldness, not nearly as much as I care whether we’re going to have unstoppable TB on our hands again.

Snowy
Snowy

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAahhhhhhhhhh baldist bullying omg

jumbofisch

serious social justice issues: bald discrimination, chairs being too hard, people accepting gifts from their partners, penguins

not serious social justice issues: child prostitution

I see you have your priorities straight

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

PENGUINS!! Hey, that could be a serious issue…we are melting Antarctica out from under them…

red_locker

> Rags on 10 year olds
> Whines about bladism

Oh, Tom…

@CassandraSays,

I didn’t think that you were aiming for it… in fact, I thought his initial remarks to you about the “less hair” (I went back and sought it out when you mentioned it) were his being hyperbolic. Apparently NOT.

Yeah, serious social justice issues are ALL ABOUT whatever are TOM’S personal issues.

red_locker

I mean, yes, it’s shitty to be graded as person based on some conventional idea of beauty that somehow, you’re supposed to conform to right off the bat or else you’re UNDESIRABLE. I get that, but…really, Tom? After all of the disgusting shit you’ve said?

Tom Martin

Me: “Making fun of bald people is not fair and you shouldn’t do it.”

Manboobzers: “He thinks baldness is worse than AIDS!”

Me (to self): “Oh, they seem to have misinterpreted what I said. I will just explain it more clearly with one more… nah, fuck it. They obviously can’t read.”

Snowy
Snowy

Uh, not AIDS actually, children being raped. Are you saying that’s a misinterpretation?