antifeminism evil fat fatties hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men Tom Martin whores

The Lighter Side of Tom Martin (the repulsive British MRA)

Not Tom Martin

The other day we took a look at some of the more reprehensible opinions of Tom Martin, one of the UK’s most prominent Men’s Rights Activists and a man who evidently believes that child prostitutes are taking the easy way out to avoid having to get real jobs. He returned with even worse stuff, which I highlighted in my previous post.

Happily for all of us, not all of Martin’s views are this reprehensible. Many are merely ridiculous. So, today, let’s look at the Lighter Side of Tom Martin, as evidenced by some of his recent comments here on Man Boobz.

Martin apparently spent last Sunday working on a video project which involved him buttonholing passers-by on the streets of London and asking them questions in order to “prove” his various crackpot theories about gender. Here’s how he explained one aspect of his video research:

After shooting my video experiment tomorrow to discover who is more sexist on the street, women or women, I will be shooting another short, investigating if there is a correlation between unfunny women and prostitution ethic. I believe women could be as funny as men on average if they tried, but instead, invest in whoring strategies. I have a reliable street experiment to investigate this hypothesis also  …

If I can establish that women can be as funny as men (in a zero prostitution environment), then this video experiment will be released in a news piece, and used as a springboard to pre-sell the feature-length documentary it will form a part of, on a related topic.

Good luck with that!

Martin also took on the contentious (to him) subject of male baldness, a topic of intense interest to him, due to certain factors with regard to gender and misandry … er, long story short, he’s  bald. Sorry, balding.

After one commenter here suggested that Martin’s ambition was to become a sort of “Ann Coulter … with less hair and more swearing,” he took umbrage – not at the comparison to Coulter but at the bit about hair.

Well Cassandra, there are five new baldness treatments in the pipeline, but no drugs for treating a receding personality, so what are you going to do?

In a followup comment, the man whose favorite word in the English language is “whore,” used as an insult, declared we were being a bunch of evil meanies for even mentioning the whole (lack of) hair thing:

Cassandra, thanks to your receding personality (for which there is already a cure – renunciation therapy), I have decided for my filmed experiment tomorrow to also measure the degree to which each sex is prepared to make physical insults about the other sex.

Even if you specifically were fat for instance, and it was all your own fault because you refuse to get a job, I would never mention it in a debate with you. I debated an obese woman once. She ordered a pizza whilst we were still on stage, but I did not refer to it at the time, because of the most basic standards of decorum.

This I believe was an attempt at a joke.

How many manboobzers are prepared now to concur that Cassandra was being a douche by picking on an involuntary physiological characteristic of a debating opponent? And then encouraging others to do the same?

Of course, in Martin’s mind, mocking women as fat whores  is totally cool, because:

Fatness is a choice, ladies, and so is being a whore. Going bald (currently) is not, due to poor efficacy of available treatments, including transplants. That will change, if Aderans, Histogen, Replicel, Allergen and Tsuji-Lab among others have anything to do with it. All you need to do in the meantime is shut the fuck up until they sort it out. The apparent acceptability of attacking the bald though, is a great example of the lack of equality men have. People do not generally attack or humiliate women who are going bald – but when it’s a man…

Uh, yeah, that’s why virtually every bald or balding woman wears a hat or a wig, while bald or balding men just comb it over or shave it all off.

Evidently Martin feels that even a mention of his lack of hair is some kind of hate crime. Here, prominent Bald Rights Activist Larry David tries to convince authorities to investigate a similar hate crime against him.

Note to Martin: Larry David’s show, “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” is fictional.

(Note: Tom Martin has confirmed that this is indeed him posting comments here on Man Boobz by sending an email from the account associated with his website Sexismbusters.org. Also, he’s retweeted quotes from his comments here. Contact him via his web site if you are skeptical.)

Fembot

Can you imagine how horrible the world would be if Tom was in charge? The Hunger Games, Handmaid’s Tale, The Book of Eli, and Mad Max all rolled into one shitty world, with Tom sitting at the top of the heap surrounded by girl slaves. No thanks.

Steele
Steele

Good Lord, Pecunium, you truly are the most pretentious douchebag I’ve ever seen. I don’t hate you; I’m just kind of slack-jawed reading your overblown pseudo-intellectual posts on an Internet message board.

Sharculese

you really have no idea how long-winded you are, do you?

Fembot

I post quickly and efficiently. I get my point across.

Yes, you certainly do, if your point is always to prove what an asshat you are. Still ignoring my post about “ignoring men’s pain?”

TheMcGee
TheMcGee

(I was formerly posting as Molly McGee)

Actually, lil’ Tommy, both men an women in Japan volunteered to go in and clean up after Fukashima. 200 people in total. All of them very brave and very generous to have volunteered. So. Just curious…. what’s it like being wrong all the time?

speedlines
speedlines

Hey, at least he’s keeping all his various identities straight. For now.

TheMcGee
TheMcGee

Btw Steele. Even assuming urban profession did mean someone working in/for a business at any level, urban professional still =/= businessMAN. Assuming that definition it would mean businessperson. But no, no way you are a misogynist. You just happened to totally forget about women being in the business world.

pecunium

Tom… you should have worked up to the pedophilia. I understand, it just sort of happened, and you lost yourself in the moment, and it came out.

And the rush, the thrill of heated vitriol being poured on you… the incidental insults (such as the passing comment about Ann Coulter having more hair than you did), and the flush of controversy. You don’t want to lose it, but how can you top the predatory seven year olds taking advantage of those innocent pedophiles.

You can’t just whip out some over the top, madcap nonsense and expect it to work. It needs to be a holistic growth from other bit of stupidity. You were on a roll, but to get another one, you have to lay the groundwork.

You had some promise, the build up could have grown out of the vast swathes of women you can accuse of being insufficiently recompensatory for the benefits they derive from the centuries of MANual labor which preceded the present. Then given them a small bit of credit for taking care of the men in their lives; but you know the vast infrastructure of the past still hasn’t had enough in the way of admitting how much they owe men (those mammoth didn’t hunt themselves), and so the next, “logical” step {after the public renunciation} would be, as in the past women who were widowed might enter a convent, they should volunteer to do works projects.

From their, as you get resistance you can start the foaming at the mouth, and the drunken ramblings (whilst explaining you will be filming your next expose on the evils of grasping women, and how they have been selecting trees for the density of the lumber, just to make men uncomfortable) and you could have done it.

But no, you got greedy, showed all your cards at once. It’s a pity. You could have been a contender, but it’s looking as if, for sheer perseverance NWO is once again going to be crowned Troll of the Year.

pecunium

Steele: A hint: Being someone who has a life and other responsibilities (I am an entrepreneur, boyfriend, student and businessman), I don’t pore over my posts for hours on end in order to show off my knowledge of linguistics or irrelevant trivia from Wikipedia. I post quickly and efficiently. I get my point across. More than I can say for you.

As I said, it’s not pretense. 1: I don’t spend hours. I’m practiced at this. Writing (as with any other skill) is something that gets easier with practice.

Today I have, made chicken stock, worked on rearranging our living quarters, to accomodate the new furnishings we got last weekend, gone shopping, read some of a novel, and a bit of non-fiction, corresponded with my father, pondered the frames which are for sale at the art supply in town, trimmed some bonsai, watered the garden, watched some videos, fried some basil for topping the stir-fry I’m making for supper, done some laundry, chatted with the new girl at the coffee shop (she’s interesting, attractive, and speaks Russian, so I have three incentives to spend more time there) talked with someone about drunk driving laws; and the Singularity, and found the time to mock you, mock Tom, mock NWO, do some (interesting) research on the Pulitzers for non-news, toss in some barbs at Elam, Peter-Andrew NOLAN©, discuss linguistics, and write this.

What I am, is efficient.

pecunium

Oh… btw, I’ve not checked wikipedia for anything in days. There isn’t anything wrong with wikipedia, but I’m actually pretty well read, and tolerably well educated. Moreover, I know how to do research, and google has made finding primary sources a lot easier.

If I were a better typist I’d be a bit faster.

pecunium

Varpole: I post quickly and efficiently. I get my point across.

Spending days to do it… I know, I went and looked at your posting history, remember?

Steele
Steele

What I am, is efficient.

And what you are not, apparently, is employed.

Tom Martin

Yes, CNN did dig out a token female pensioner they’d found who also volunteered to clean up Fukushima – I’m sure most of the 200 will be nearly all men – but Fukashima is small-scale, compared to the clean up operation required after a full scale nuclear strike, or anthrax attack. We’re not talking volunteer time, we’re talking conscription – and while all the media did pieces on how it makes sense to send old people – none had the honesty to say that it actually makes more sense to send old women (as they’re infertile).

heidihi
heidihi

@Pecunium, lurker here, posting for, i think, the first or second time, just to note that I am extremely impressed!

heidihi
heidihi

Shouldn’t they send you in, Tom, because no one wants you to breed?

Sharculese

we get it tom. you want us to say you old women to die. blah blah blah. this one is boring. come up with something new.

Sharculese

also stop fucking posting here so you can finish your videos. seriously, it’s not like you have school to worry about, so when are we gonna get to see those?

Fembot

Does Tom want his own mother cleaning up toxic sludge, too? Maybe Tom’s father bought her a house once, therefore she is also a wh*re.

Cliff Pervocracy

Tom, it’s not shocking anymore.

cloudiah

He’s so desperate. It’s kind of sad. Tom, get to work on your videos; there’s a good boy.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Picture if you will this scene. A group of Scottish children are on a school trip some time in the 70s, performing a rousing rendition of “You Cannae Shove Your Granny Off The Bus”*, when one child springs to his feet, a look of outrage on his face. “Yes you can!” he proclaims. “That w%$re isn’t even fertile any more!”

And thus an MRA activist is born.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VCWROijdwM

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Link fail

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Hey Steele? That linguistics post was directed at me, and I rather enjoyed it.

Pecunium — Unfortunately, try as he might, my best-friend has been unable to get any Russian to actually stick in my brain, so most of that went straight over my head. Nonetheless you’re correct about Cicero’s word order, and perhaps I’d have enjoyed it more under different circumstances (hard to get much done at all with a drunk asshole making demands, let alone translate Cicero competently).

The faux self-mockery in Steele’s voice was hilarious btw, his insults would be worth it if he could pull of anything that well written…oh right, that’s misandry, because he can’t write because some teacher said he can’t, because he’s a man, thus he can’t write because he’s a man…having just spent an hour packing up art, I kind of have to disagree on that one. (It’s hilarious, I wouldn’t have thought I’d produced much of anything, but trying to pack it all? That pile might weigh more than I do!)

Tom — that whole screed of “reasons”? I have but one reply — send in the robots!

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Tom Martin’s next stop why make Soylent Green out of people in general, when we can make it entirely out of dead women? Or why even wait until they’re dead… why are you all yawning?

Seriously, you already hit rock bottom with your child rape apologism. There is no further you can sink. I’d say pack your things and go home, but I doubt you often leave.

pecunium

Steele: What I am is semi-retired. I have a pension and a day job, but it’s part-time. Why? Because I’ve earned the ability to not need more than that.

So I put in about 20 hours a week, i.e. about three days. The rest of the time I am a house-husband for a family of three.

I’m in my forties.

Sucks to be me, Right?

pecunium

Varpole: If you’d read the post I itemised your posting schedule (it’s ok, I understand that seeing your obsession laid out so plain; when you probably thought it was a minor thing in your life, was probably a bit painful), you’d have seen me say I have a job, and that when I’m doing it I don’t post anywhere; thus (unlike you) not robbing my employer.

It’s that English thing. The reading and the writing.

themisanthropicmuse
themisanthropicmuse

@Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III: “I’d say pack your things and go home, but I doubt you often leave.”

Soon he’ll start threatening to go, like a little kid that stands by the door swearing they are about to run away. If only he’d do it for real.

Steele
Steele

In other words, you’re basically filling the role of a traditional housewife. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but…

Ladies and gentlemen, this:

Is what feminists and manginas consider “oppression”.

Hey, sounds pretty dang good to me. I’d like some of that “oppression”.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Steele, Steele, Steele, Steele. What are we going to do with you?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Huh… Tom wants old ladies to die?

Who is this person, anyway? Is this the same person that was trying to argue for men’s rights out in the streets of London? Is this the same person that was trying to make a stand for men’s rights by protesting what he thought was a vast inequality?

Is that person really the same person that apologizes for child rape and advocates sending old women to do work that might kill them specifically because they are women and old?

Incredible what the internet brings out in people… *shakes head*

pecunium

Steele: No, that’s not what we consider oppression.

Did you notice that I can afford to do that because I have an independent income? I am, in effect, being paid to do it.

If I hadn’t earned a pension, I’d be working 40 (or more) hours a week (and your life would be easier, because I’d probably not have the time to play with you).

What we call oppression is the idea that what a housekeeping partner does is (to quote Tom Martin) “economically inactive”.

If you want that oppression… nothing, but nothing is stopping you, all you have to do is what I did… spend twenty years in the army. You might be able to do better than I did, since I am not getting the entire pension; I am getting 80 percent of it, since I was retired out with an 80 percent disability; at 16 years.

Then again, you’d need some self-discipline; the ability to assess yourself for mistakes/failure, and the ability to cope with stress, treat women as equals (and superiors), and generally face the world as it is.

So you have a couple of handicaps.

But the easy life is yours for the taking; put in twenty years of hard work (or 16, if you can manage the good luck to get a massive disability rating).

Go for it. I’ll even write a letter of rec to your accession board (I assume that you will use your degree to apply to OCS, rather than bear the ignominy of being an enlisted soldier).

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

To quote Jack Palance, Steele, Pecunium craps bigger than you.

Fembot

Well, you have to be under 28 to go to OCS now. Somehow, I wouldn’t be surprised if Buttpole was older than that.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Is what feminists and manginas consider “oppression”.”

Today in “obvious facts are obvious” we have a failure to grasp that choosing something, and having no choice but that thing, are not the same thing!

I just finished an ice cream cone, but being either unable to eat ice cream, or only able to eat ice cream, would be quite annoying, and if legally sanctioned, oppressive (for irony? my lactose intolerant self should heed “unable to eat ice cream”, but the regret is so worth it)

“or 16, if you can manage the good luck to get a massive disability rating”

Ok I get your point here, but I still have to go o.O? at that (then again, not like I wouldn’t consider being done with fighting SSI as good luck…)

Fembot

As far as I can see, Buttpole consistently misinterprets nearly everything he reads. Whether committing fallacies or failing to understand jokes, he really is a complete failure at communicating. I can only imagine the hell his English teachers had to endure trying to teach him.

pecunium

Argenti: Yeah, I was being bitter,and sardonic. I am, for some values of lucky, lucky in my disability.

It’s invisible. If I’m lucky it won’t cripple me, and it won’t kill me. If I’m not lucky I’ll end up a bent in several different directions, it will (again) hurt to walk, breath, sleep, etc., and I’ll, once again, shamble along at about 50 meters a minute; best pace.

Or… I’ll just have a sudden heart attack, and wake up dead.

So (as with so many things one can do nothing about), I, basically, ignore it, save to mock it.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Yeah, I was being bitter,and sardonic.”

I appear to only have very dark humor for replies currently, and will thus refrain. (I am well acquainted with “I, basically, ignore it, save to mock it.” but this is perhaps not the place for that.)

Ithiliana

Steele: No, we don’t consider THAT oppression.

Oppression is when women were not given the chance at education, or working in anything beyond limited jobs (and often being fired when they got married or pregnant), and having CHOICES beyond housewifery. I remember when jobs wanted columns were men and women; my mother was one of the first to get a credit card in HER OWN name (my grandmother always voted because she remembered not being able to vote).

THAT was oppression–and to the extent some of that still exists (things have changed), it’s still oppression based on the chance to have choices, not be forced into a single role.

And more women working today isn’t even because FEMINISTS–but because ECONOMY (controlled by male dominated institutions)–the changes in the last few decades meant that anything resembling a middle class in the US was maintained only because of two-income households.

If you want to be a househusband, find a woman who is making enough to support the family (I have a number of friends in English who are professors who are the primary wage-earners–their husbands tend to be artists or musicians, and who are the home and child primary care people). I have a cousin whose wife is high level executive at a corporation–and he takes care of the house and children (and it’s an important and tasking job).

YOu want it, go for it–YOU HAVE THAT CHOICE (though some of my friends’ husbands are ‘teased’ a lot by men who get very nervous at the idea of a woman making more money than they do).

Short version: it’s not the specific job, it’s the CHOICES AVAILABLE TO MEN AND WOMEN.

Can you grasp that?

FalconMRA
FalconMRA

Steele, you’re as efficient in your language as Mojo Jojo.

FalconMRA
FalconMRA

Oh — cartoon violence and shenanigans.

Fembot

Here’s an MRA who is also a stay at home dad. Don’t worry, that hasn’t stopped him from hating on women.

@Ithiliana

Some men really come unhinged at the thought of their wives making more money. I know a young couple where the woman makes three times as much (he is in the Army) and it causes them a lot of tension. It’s a shame.

Sharculese

Somehow, I wouldn’t be surprised if Buttpole was older than that.

personally, im shocked that he’s older than 17

Kyrie
Kyrie

Oh, can I play Martin’s game? We should make old men do all the dangerous jobs, like cleaning radioactive places, because in average they don’t live as long as women so by the time they get cancer they will be long dead of old age! And since 80 yo men rarely father anyway, no real risk of passing it to the next generation! (maybe because they’re not as fertile as they were at 25, or maybe because they don’t have sex with 25 yo women, and in general because who want kids at that age?)
Since men are supposeddly so much stronger than us, it makes sense, no?

Tom Martin

When push comes to shove – old women should be sent into danger’s way, because we already have a surplus of them.

If and when there are equal numbers of men and women in their 70s and beyond, then we’re nearer equality, and send both sexes, but until then, it is women who have had the privileged lives, and have no chance of reproducing – so it is they ion bus-loads, who should be sent to
the front lines.

The other benefit, is that it keeps women interested in politics throughout their lives, as well as pacifism, as well as environmentalism, because they will want to reduce the risk of dying or becoming contaminated during there 12 months National Service at say age 70 – the only argument against it, is that grannies are too weak or nice to send – all the more reason to stop disregarding the niceness of grand dads, encourage them to do more grand parenting, and encourage old women to stay fit and strong, for their National Service and beyond.

Old men are much more likely to kill themselves than old women, and it is partly due to poor contact with family or friends – we should be encouraging men to stay more involved with their grand children and communities – and encouraging old women to watch a few less soap operas on TV, and keep up with current affairs – because they’ll all be on call at the sharp end when they do their duty at last.

Wetherby
Wetherby

…and it shows the damage that arises from people clinging to “traditional” roles.

My wife earns at least three times as much as I do, and that’s fine by me. After years of trial and error, we worked out that I’m better at daily childcare than she is (I’m much less easily wound up), and I can also freelance from home in a way that she can’t. So we simply swapped roles, and have never been happier.

But the crucial ingredient that makes it work is that we actually sit down and talk about this. Regularly.

Ithiliana

@Fembot; Oh, yes, studies have shown that most men do not handle their wives making more money than them–I can probably dig up linkz if anybody wishes them.

And I imagine Steele would do worse than many–in fact, I would bet a million dollars he’d never be able to do it. But since he was ranting about wanting some of Pecunium’s “oppression,” I thought wtf, let’s call him on it.

In one case where my friend is the primary wage-earner, there has been some tension recently only because he has not been able to build his career as he’d hoped, living in the rural area we do, and since he followed his wife, etc.

However, he’s far outnumbered by the women I know who followed their husbands’ around for the guys’ careers and could never build their own–it’s back to that, nobody can have everything they want in life.

Wetherby
Wetherby

The moment we had kids was the moment that my life no longer became my own to control. I’ve had to say no to countless things over the last few years, including several writing commissions that included an all-expenses-paid trip abroad. But my wife had to put her career on hold for several years, so I reckon I got the easier part of the deal.

Falconer
Falconer

Hey Steele, you know how sometimes someone who identifies with your group says something you think is awful, reprehensible, and embarrassing? Man, how you wish that person wasn’t part of your group.

Your first impulse is obviously to cry “False flag! False flag!” and deny that the person is part of your group. That only leads to the True Scotsman.

Here’s how to do it right. [ALERT discussion of rape, rape fantasies, men “conquering” women in bed, and slavery for garnish]. Call out the person for their egregious statements. Tell them they’re doing it wrong. Wonder what’s wrong with them, maybe, if you can do it without also attacking everyone everywhere who isn’t neurotypical. Deny that their statements reflect the general thinking of your group (it really helps if you have some actual thinking that your group does that isn’t, generally speaking, horrifyingly egregious. You may have to put in some effort on that. Groups generally do.)

But DON’T deny they are who they say they are, or claim they’ve been paid off by your enemies.

@Wetherby

Good for you. It sounds like you guys have a good thing going.

I actually took a two year leave of absence from my job while my husband serves out his contract in the Army. I haven’t been able to find a new job, and as a result he is the breadwinner. But when we move back home, I’ll go back to work, and it will be my turn to earn money. We are both fine with that because, you know, communication.