antifeminism evil fat fatties hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men Tom Martin whores

The Lighter Side of Tom Martin (the repulsive British MRA)

Not Tom Martin

The other day we took a look at some of the more reprehensible opinions of Tom Martin, one of the UK’s most prominent Men’s Rights Activists and a man who evidently believes that child prostitutes are taking the easy way out to avoid having to get real jobs. He returned with even worse stuff, which I highlighted in my previous post.

Happily for all of us, not all of Martin’s views are this reprehensible. Many are merely ridiculous. So, today, let’s look at the Lighter Side of Tom Martin, as evidenced by some of his recent comments here on Man Boobz.

Martin apparently spent last Sunday working on a video project which involved him buttonholing passers-by on the streets of London and asking them questions in order to “prove” his various crackpot theories about gender. Here’s how he explained one aspect of his video research:

After shooting my video experiment tomorrow to discover who is more sexist on the street, women or women, I will be shooting another short, investigating if there is a correlation between unfunny women and prostitution ethic. I believe women could be as funny as men on average if they tried, but instead, invest in whoring strategies. I have a reliable street experiment to investigate this hypothesis also  …

If I can establish that women can be as funny as men (in a zero prostitution environment), then this video experiment will be released in a news piece, and used as a springboard to pre-sell the feature-length documentary it will form a part of, on a related topic.

Good luck with that!

Martin also took on the contentious (to him) subject of male baldness, a topic of intense interest to him, due to certain factors with regard to gender and misandry … er, long story short, he’s  bald. Sorry, balding.

After one commenter here suggested that Martin’s ambition was to become a sort of “Ann Coulter … with less hair and more swearing,” he took umbrage – not at the comparison to Coulter but at the bit about hair.

Well Cassandra, there are five new baldness treatments in the pipeline, but no drugs for treating a receding personality, so what are you going to do?

In a followup comment, the man whose favorite word in the English language is “whore,” used as an insult, declared we were being a bunch of evil meanies for even mentioning the whole (lack of) hair thing:

Cassandra, thanks to your receding personality (for which there is already a cure – renunciation therapy), I have decided for my filmed experiment tomorrow to also measure the degree to which each sex is prepared to make physical insults about the other sex.

Even if you specifically were fat for instance, and it was all your own fault because you refuse to get a job, I would never mention it in a debate with you. I debated an obese woman once. She ordered a pizza whilst we were still on stage, but I did not refer to it at the time, because of the most basic standards of decorum.

This I believe was an attempt at a joke.

How many manboobzers are prepared now to concur that Cassandra was being a douche by picking on an involuntary physiological characteristic of a debating opponent? And then encouraging others to do the same?

Of course, in Martin’s mind, mocking women as fat whores  is totally cool, because:

Fatness is a choice, ladies, and so is being a whore. Going bald (currently) is not, due to poor efficacy of available treatments, including transplants. That will change, if Aderans, Histogen, Replicel, Allergen and Tsuji-Lab among others have anything to do with it. All you need to do in the meantime is shut the fuck up until they sort it out. The apparent acceptability of attacking the bald though, is a great example of the lack of equality men have. People do not generally attack or humiliate women who are going bald – but when it’s a man…

Uh, yeah, that’s why virtually every bald or balding woman wears a hat or a wig, while bald or balding men just comb it over or shave it all off.

Evidently Martin feels that even a mention of his lack of hair is some kind of hate crime. Here, prominent Bald Rights Activist Larry David tries to convince authorities to investigate a similar hate crime against him.

Note to Martin: Larry David’s show, “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” is fictional.

(Note: Tom Martin has confirmed that this is indeed him posting comments here on Man Boobz by sending an email from the account associated with his website Sexismbusters.org. Also, he’s retweeted quotes from his comments here. Contact him via his web site if you are skeptical.)

Tom Martin

Pecunium is going on about Afghani women being unable to move around freely and get a job and all, under those evil Taliban men – these women are so held back in the jobs market, and yet…
33% of Afghani women are actually economically active:

… compared to…

UK Muslim women, with a lousy 26% economic activity rate. They have freedom of movement, with no Taliban men restricting them, and the muslim male culture here less fundamental than in Taliland etc – so the argument that Muslim women are being held back or face obstacles to work, by their governments or men, does not hold water.

Blind people, face insurmountable obstacles to work, and yet 34% of UK blind people have a job.

Have you ever heard or seen any BBC documentaries which highlight and problematize the law that says Muslim women can keep their earnings and men must share?

What about any other major broadcaster?

I haven’t. They like to brush that key fact under the carpet as they create the dominant discourse, that Muslim women are particularly oppressed.

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

This is another live streaming brain bleach:

It is a cat shelter where the cats are free to roam around a large room filled with cat trees and toys. Earlier in the day there were staff or volunteering roaming around and periodically picking up the cats and petting them.

kirbywarp

Dang, did Tom run off? I really wanted to see his reaction to my child pyschology comment. 🙁 And by that, I mean I really didn’t want to see his reaction to my child psychology comment. ^_^

well crap…

@Tom

“Feminists like to play up Muslim restrictions on female freedom of movement, which is largely a symbolic restriction, as the men must do what makes their wives happy, but the bigger problem appears to be women’s desire to work, and the sweeteners they get (from men by law) not to work.”

Gawd, you’re such a dipshit. No one is every going to take anything you say seriously. No one is going to ever give your ideas or opinions any respect. You’ll never win over the majority of men and you will never have any power. You’ll spend your life as a hack “writer” and you will always be ridiculed for your “hard chairs are misandry” lawsuit. You’re nothing but a laughingstock. How the fuck can you even stand yourself?

Um, that link? Says fuck all about the UK, it does, however, say this —

Afghanistan has a GII value of 0.707, ranking it 141 out of 146 countries in the 2011 index. In Afghanistan, 27.6 per cent of parliamentary seats are held by women, and 5.8 per cent of adult women have reached a secondary or higher level of education compared to 34.0 per cent of their male counterparts. For every 100,000 live births, 1,400 women die from pregnancy related causes; and the adolescent fertility rate is 118.7 births per 1000 live births. Female participation in the labour market is 33.1 per cent compared to 84.5 for men.

@Tom Martin:

You might fine this pdf an enlightening read. Specifically this (pg. 19):

Amongst those who are economically inactive are persons who have ‘other’ responsibilities, such as looking after the home or full time education. One-third of all economically inactive people are inactive because they are looking after family or the home. 37 per cent of economically inactive Muslims fall into this category. 52 per cent of economically inactive Muslim women are looking after the home. 45 per cent of economically inactive Muslim men are students. [emphasis mine]

And that’s just one small facet of a complex situation for muslim women in the UK.

… the bigger problem appears to be women’s desire to work, and the sweeteners they get (from men by law) not to work.

Yeah, no. There’s a chart (Figure 2.3 on page 20) that shows economic inactivity rates of women by religion. Muslim women have a higher percentage by far than any other religion, more than double the general populous. Similar big differences can be found when looking at women of particular ethnicities. Seems like it’s the religion or the culture, not all women that’s the problem. (Ignoring, of course, the stated economic barriers women, muslim women especially, face when looking for a job)

kirbywarp

Another facet, of course, is the extraordinarily low rate of higher education. (Holy crap, Argenti, that’s pretty bad)

Tom Martin

Fembot cannot compute, so resorts to admitting in effect “He might be right, but he’ll never change the dominant discourse.” Try a reboot, Fembot.

ArgentiAertheri points out women in Afghanistan do indeed have it tough, and yet 33% of them can still hold down a job, proving my point, that for educationally advanced women, like those in Saudi (22% econ activity) or the UK (26%) there really are no valid excuses for being so workshy, other than the guarantee by law of money they receive from their legally enslaved husbands.

Now which one of you manboobzers is going to admit, that feminism should do more to get rid of these female inertia-inducing Islamic laws?

At least 2% of you should be onside. But it counts for nothing if you won’t let it be known.

kirbywarp

I wonder if the other half of economically inactive muslim women consist of daughters staying at home learning how to keep a house from their mum to prepare for marriage…

Dracula
Dracula

You have no idea how pathetic these attempts at emotional manipulation make you look, do you? How totally fucking obvious they are?

kirbywarp

Tom, you’d be interested to know that I am in fact all for fighting to get rid of religiously-motivated laws of all sorts. But I suppose you’re only talking about the ones that inconvenience men, and are perfectly fine with the ones that oppress women.

@Tom

Are you kidding me? Don’t even flatter yourself like that. There is no way in hell I’m thinking that you MAY be right. You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried. You need a reboot. Or is your precious ego too delicate for reality?

Fembot

“…so resorts to admitting in effect “He might be right, but he’ll never change the dominant discourse.”

And I’m wondering, what in the hell did I say that gave you the idea that I’m “admitting” you may be right? Do you have the reading comprehension skills of a rock, in addition to being an amoral and manipulative shithead?

Tom Martin

Fembot: “Blah, blah, blah, er… blah… Ego!”

@kirbywarp

“But I suppose you’re only talking about the ones that inconvenience men, and are perfectly fine with the ones that oppress women.”

But there are no laws that oppress women, can’t you see? Women rule the world. Men are oppressed. We live in Opposite Land, and have pancakes for dinner and meatloaf for dinner. We walk on our hands, eat with our asses, and shit with our mouths, just like MRAs.

@Fembot:

Pancakes and meatloaf for dinner? That kind of extravegance can only come from Big Daddy!

But take heart! For as he’s deriding you for failing to grace his trash with an argument, he’s completely ignoring a couple of posts of actual argument of mine! looks like Tom just likes to complain.

Argenti Aertheri

“…that for educationally advanced women…”

“5.8 per cent of adult women have reached a secondary or higher level of education compared to 34.0 per cent of their male counterparts”

Yeah that’s educationally advanced alright. (No, no it isn’t)

Fembot

“Fembot, try switching yourself off then back on again, and then come up with an argument about something. Yes you can!”

An argument? You mean so you can ignore it. You’re wrong. No argument needed.

But, I see what you’re doing. I know the tactic. You’re just trying to get me all riled up. Pissing women off gives you boners. We know that much about you. Well, it’s not going to work. I’m going to take a long hot bath, rub luxurious, expensive creams into my pearly white skin, and snuggle up in my warm bed with my wonderful, hunky husband. You have fun with yourself. 🙂

kirbywarp

Well… Less argument and more just straight presentation of facts, along with a little speculation. But facts don’t matter to Tom any more than arguments do. They’re all prostitutes anyway.

Argenti Aertheri

“Do you have the reading comprehension skills of a rock, in addition to being an amoral and manipulative shithead?”

Considering that’s twice now he’s tried to tell me the opposite of what I already said? Either yeah, he does, or he’s failing miserably at gaslighting.

Tom Martin

Kirbywarp,

Congratulations for verging on being supportive. You are a leader among manboobzers. Now drop the bit where you suppose something or other negative about me – then focus on the bit that to date has been under-discussed by our Western societies – the unfair taxes Islam places on men – and try and give us a slogan you could fit onto a placard.

Dracula
Dracula

“You’ve revealed my empty rhetoric for what it is! I’d better make fun of you some more before anyone notices!”

You when you think you’re reached bedrock, a new layer of Tom’s mediocrity is uncovered. It’s like magic!

Argenti Aertheri

I’d say “or he’s drunk” but I’m well on my way and he still makes no (rational) sense.

@Tom Martin:

give us a slogan you could fit onto a placard

“Misandry: Being Forced to Sit in Uncomfortable Chairs”

Argenti Aertheri

“…and try and give us a slogan you could fit onto a placard.”

Some might say you are a…
Sexually aggressive, racist, homophobe, misogynistic,
Cowardly, illitterate, waste of human skin…

Does that fit?

Nevermind, kirbywarp wins.

Tom Martin

I asked fembot to come up with an argument, and she came back with:

An argument? You mean so you can ignore it. You’re wrong. No argument needed.

So there we are, as I said earlier, drone feminists have a tendency to treat men asking or advocating for the consideration of problems men face, as if those men were asking them on a date – and here you see with fembot, exactly that. After losing the argument, she thinks she wins, by saying she already has a husband. It really is that idiotic.

Give my commiserations to him.

@Tom:

That’s nothing. I asked you to respond to my post, and you came back with a back-handed snarky dismissal. I’d say Fembot’s probably ahead in the “response” category.

Dracula
Dracula

Tom Martin, abridged: Provocation is a sound argument when I do it. It’s only stupid when you do it.

Fembot

It doesn’t matter if I’m ahead in the response, anyway. I’m ahead in life.

Argenti Aertheri

Tom — learn how to quote — they’re called blockquotes, they work like this

<blockquote>Quoted text</blockquote>

cloudiah

Since you didn’t quote this, Tom, I am just going to congratulate you on your pearly white skin and your wonderful, hunky husband.

(No seriously, I don’t think there’s anything especially wonderful about either white skin or hunky husbands, but it was too much fun to pass up.)

kirbywarp

Wow… I’m gonna call a mea culpa in that I totally misread Tom’s post. See, I thought he was congratulating me on “verging on having a supported argument,” and so I thought “If presenting evidence that flatly contradicts his argument is just verging, what would a fully supported argument be like?”

But no, he was congratulating me on being supportive of men’s issues when I said that I generally oppose religiously-motivated laws. O_o

I… that… huh. How does that even work?

kirbywarp

Well, it does mean that Tom is in fact ignoring any actual attempt at argument, then accusing us of not providing any argument. I feel like this is a common rhetorical tactic… Though usually I see it terms of a debate where one side presents a case, the other side presents a counter, and the first explains why the counter is wrong and then says “my opponent still has provided no argument countering my claim.”

Just a real sleaze-ball move, that.

Tom Martin

Fembot used the “You’ll never get anyone to agree with you” argument, or effectively “most people agree with me”, which is an argument ad populum, and usually shows up in lieu of an actual argument – as with fembot – and the rest of you – in this case.

Argenti Aertheri

kirbywarp — have some vodka, it seems to make Tom make slightly more sense. *hands over a shot*

That’s technically valid, but not looked highly upon. Insults aren’t technically ad hominems, but I wouldn’t try that in formal debate either. Unless your opponents case really is just a series of logical fallacies that is, in that case, “my opponent has provided no counter” is valid…sort of…it’s a thought ending cliche though, so it is itself a round of Spot That Fallacy!!

Tom is, in general, meta Spot That Fallacy!! and even worse at making points than glossary troll, hence why I haven’t tried playing it yet. (That, and his inability to quote is really getting on my nerves, these things “” are pretty danged simple)

@Tom Martin:

What argument? Not that I’m trying to discourage you from spending money to make a pointless documentary, mind. So far you’ve been arguing that muslim women are just lazy. The only thing about finances you’ve mentioned are the “mahr,” which I’ve responded to and you haven’t apparently read, and your one line “the unfair taxes Islam places on men.”

I mean, I know you don’t like to acknowledge that your opponents are arguing against you, and would rather only focus on the people who are fed up with your bullshit and are off to do better things, but even you can’t pretend you’ve made an argument when you haven’t.

Argenti Aertheri

“You’re collective failure to even dent my argument about financial abuses of men in Islam has convinced me to make a documentary on it.”

…have you considered asking Islamic men their thoughts on this? Or at least googling to see if anyone affected by your theory agrees?

“Interviewing women wearing Niqabs should be fun. At least I won’t need a release form.”

Holy fucking shit, you still need a release form! You could pixel their faces and you’d need a release form for their voices!

@Argenti:

Sadly I don’t like the taste of alcohol… I guess Tom will have to stay incoherent.

The thing I don’t like about it is that it’s absurdly rude. It’s like a child going “What was that? Oh, probably just the wind” in its level of simple dismissal. The person is not just saying the opponent hasn’t come up with a valid response, but that the opponent hasn’t even addressed the point at all; the person is pretending like zie and hir opponent aren’t even engaging.

Miiight be reading a bit more into it… but that’s my reaction to it anyway.

Dracula
Dracula

So, what do ya think the odds are Tom’s “documentaries” are going to get him arrested for harassment one of these days? If he’s anywhere near as pushy and obnoxious on the street as he is here, I’d say there’s a good chance.

@Argenti:

No no, you misunderstand. Tom said he didn’t need a release form because mulsim women aren’t people. 🙂

@Dracula:

Zero, actually, since I’m willing to put money up saying that he mentions making documentaries just to score rhetorical points. “I’m gonna do something important and it will change the world! You’ll see, you’ll all see!”

Remember how he passively-agressively decided to change his documentary focus after CassandraSays insulted him? Yeah…

kirbywarp —

“…the person is pretending like zie and hir opponent aren’t even engaging.”

Considering his absolute refusal to acknowledge we’ve both been making points, that seems about right to me.

“Tom said he didn’t need a release form because mulsim women aren’t people.”

o.O? Tom, now would be a good time to make a point about how you think release forms work…

Dracula
Dracula

Oh right, sorry, I forgot he’s all talk.

Argenti Aertheri

And yeah, near zero odds, documentaries take actual work, the mind numbing sort that apparently lowers his IQ.

@Argenti:

(just in case, I was in fact being sarcastic in saying Tom thinks muslim women aren’t people. I’m just testing a theory of mine that Tom can only respond to insults)

Argenti Aertheri

kirbywarp — I was hoping that was the case, but let’s throw him an easy question eh? Because fuck, if he’s really filming things he needs to know the answer to that one.

Tom — the question was “how [do] you think release forms work?”

Pages later, I am still wondering what media counts as local wrt a blog.

Tom Martin

Well, I’ve had a few more subscriptions to my sexismbusters youtube channel than usual, so someone must be looking forward to these vids.

I do need a feminist collaborator to help make these vids, to present the fem perspective on whatever debate etc, and do half the work, in constant “he says, she says, the evidence says” all out war. If you think you’re smart, and aren’t scared of braking a nail or two, then email me for more details.