antifeminism evil fat fatties hypocrisy irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men Tom Martin whores

The Lighter Side of Tom Martin (the repulsive British MRA)

Not Tom Martin

The other day we took a look at some of the more reprehensible opinions of Tom Martin, one of the UK’s most prominent Men’s Rights Activists and a man who evidently believes that child prostitutes are taking the easy way out to avoid having to get real jobs. He returned with even worse stuff, which I highlighted in my previous post.

Happily for all of us, not all of Martin’s views are this reprehensible. Many are merely ridiculous. So, today, let’s look at the Lighter Side of Tom Martin, as evidenced by some of his recent comments here on Man Boobz.

Martin apparently spent last Sunday working on a video project which involved him buttonholing passers-by on the streets of London and asking them questions in order to “prove” his various crackpot theories about gender. Here’s how he explained one aspect of his video research:

After shooting my video experiment tomorrow to discover who is more sexist on the street, women or women, I will be shooting another short, investigating if there is a correlation between unfunny women and prostitution ethic. I believe women could be as funny as men on average if they tried, but instead, invest in whoring strategies. I have a reliable street experiment to investigate this hypothesis also  …

If I can establish that women can be as funny as men (in a zero prostitution environment), then this video experiment will be released in a news piece, and used as a springboard to pre-sell the feature-length documentary it will form a part of, on a related topic.

Good luck with that!

Martin also took on the contentious (to him) subject of male baldness, a topic of intense interest to him, due to certain factors with regard to gender and misandry … er, long story short, he’s  bald. Sorry, balding.

After one commenter here suggested that Martin’s ambition was to become a sort of “Ann Coulter … with less hair and more swearing,” he took umbrage – not at the comparison to Coulter but at the bit about hair.

Well Cassandra, there are five new baldness treatments in the pipeline, but no drugs for treating a receding personality, so what are you going to do?

In a followup comment, the man whose favorite word in the English language is “whore,” used as an insult, declared we were being a bunch of evil meanies for even mentioning the whole (lack of) hair thing:

Cassandra, thanks to your receding personality (for which there is already a cure – renunciation therapy), I have decided for my filmed experiment tomorrow to also measure the degree to which each sex is prepared to make physical insults about the other sex.

Even if you specifically were fat for instance, and it was all your own fault because you refuse to get a job, I would never mention it in a debate with you. I debated an obese woman once. She ordered a pizza whilst we were still on stage, but I did not refer to it at the time, because of the most basic standards of decorum.

This I believe was an attempt at a joke.

How many manboobzers are prepared now to concur that Cassandra was being a douche by picking on an involuntary physiological characteristic of a debating opponent? And then encouraging others to do the same?

Of course, in Martin’s mind, mocking women as fat whores  is totally cool, because:

Fatness is a choice, ladies, and so is being a whore. Going bald (currently) is not, due to poor efficacy of available treatments, including transplants. That will change, if Aderans, Histogen, Replicel, Allergen and Tsuji-Lab among others have anything to do with it. All you need to do in the meantime is shut the fuck up until they sort it out. The apparent acceptability of attacking the bald though, is a great example of the lack of equality men have. People do not generally attack or humiliate women who are going bald – but when it’s a man…

Uh, yeah, that’s why virtually every bald or balding woman wears a hat or a wig, while bald or balding men just comb it over or shave it all off.

Evidently Martin feels that even a mention of his lack of hair is some kind of hate crime. Here, prominent Bald Rights Activist Larry David tries to convince authorities to investigate a similar hate crime against him.

Note to Martin: Larry David’s show, “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” is fictional.

(Note: Tom Martin has confirmed that this is indeed him posting comments here on Man Boobz by sending an email from the account associated with his website Sexismbusters.org. Also, he’s retweeted quotes from his comments here. Contact him via his web site if you are skeptical.)

Cliff Pervocracy

I really want to know what questions he was going to ask.

Fembot
Fembot

“After shooting my video experiment tomorrow to discover who is more sexist on the street, women or women…”

Is this a Freudian slip?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Oh great, now every angry sexist on the internet is going to want to scream at me.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Bald Rights Activist makes for an OK, somewhat ironic acronym, but is there any way we can turn it into BRO?

Bald Rights Organizer?

Or, more broadly,

Belittler of Real Oppression?

Whoa. Apropo.

Orion
Orion

or, “aprobro”, if you will

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Bald Rights Operative.

SEE THE CONSPIRACY

Freitag
Freitag

So did he ever post his epic masterpiece?

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

As I understand it, he has not made his epic masterpiece. I could be wrong, though, in which case links plz!

Sharculese

It would be impressive if a competent person had recorded the video had it ready to put out the next day.

And Tom Martin is not a competent person.

indifferentsky

“I believe women could be as funny as men on average if they tried, but instead, invest in wh-ring strategies.”

o.0

indifferentsky

That’s a sexy pic of Telly.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

He’s too busy out BROing to post it online for our amusement, I guess.

AlexB
AlexB

ahahaha, THIS IS THE BEST. I thought the intense hurt in his load bearing buttock pads was the best, but this is the best. This is pretty much genius comic writing. He’s like one of Bertie Wooster’s less prepossessing friends, only real.

If only it weren’t for the hideous remarks about child prostitutes, I would find the fact that Tom Martin exists to be utterly delightful.

herbsandhags
herbsandhags

He’s unintentionally hilarious isn’t he. Like a character from Little Britain

filetofswedishfish
filetofswedishfish

Is there a reason you have the disclaimer at the bottom of all the Tom Martin posts that it really is Tom Martin? Was he trying to deny he said these things? Just wondering what’s up with that. I’m sort of hoping there’s a good story.

doctornic

Between the horror of the last post and this it seems that Tom is genuinely unwell. It’s really taken all the fun out of mocking him now. I kinda just hope he has a close friend who can convince him to get some serious and professional help.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

Probably just to preempt any skepticism that it’s really him. He’s saying some pretty awful things after all, and someone is bound to accuse David (or feminists in general) of faking it to make Tom look bad. Not that it would stop them doing that necessarily.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

It’s a valid concern, given Martin’s (technically) a(n) (obscure) public figure and the posts/comments are being attributed to his real name. David made sure it was the real Martin from the outset, as I recall, and at least one BRO has asked about it since.

The Sensual Coalition of Men
The Sensual Coalition of Men

I think the disclaimer is just for our own edification because nothing David could say would ever be taken seriously by those types. I know I’m still 25% skeptical that anyone (even an MRA) could say these things, tie them to his real name, and think they’re worth repeating on twitter.

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

Tom Martin is just plain weird.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’d say that “weird” is the least of Tom’s problems.

Shaenon

So the way this film experiment would work if he got off his aching ass and did it, which he won’t, is:

— If he judges the men funnier than the women, that proves that women are less clever than men, and therefore women suck (a.k.a. the popular Hitchens Postulate).

— If he judges the women funnier than the men, that proves that women could be clever but choose not to in order to work as prostitutes instead, with “prostitute” defined as “woman who does literally anything other than working for Tom Martin for free,” and therefore women suck.

He is a funny little man. Except for all the child molestation stuff.

Viscaria
Viscaria

My feelings exactly. Tom Martin ruined Tom Martin.

TK
TK

I thought when women went bald, at least after chemotherapy, it was a choice, isn’t that what a fellow MRA suggested, that women get cancer because their personalities ate so toxic? All hail rational man!

kirbywarp

Holy. Balds. Congrats, Tom Martin, on confirming not only that you have the maturity of a third grader, but that you have no idea how to conduct a proper study of any sort. I mean seriously, every time I read this I have to put a big raspberry at the end!

This really goes to show how adult you need to be out in the real world to make noise and file lawsuits. Not at all.

Sniper
Sniper

Hmm. Didn’t David have a post about an MRA idiot mocking modern women specifically for losing their hair. Why, I believe he did.

hellkell
hellkell

There has been entirely too much Tom Martin around here lately. I’ll be glad when he oozes away.

Sharculese

if you mean the post where he accurately pointed out that dkm delighted in feminist women getting cancer, then yes. but hair loss wasnt exactly the central thing there.

(hint: it was the cancer.)

kirbywarp

It’s all rather amazing to me.

Tom Martin: *says horrible thing*
David Futrelle: Wow, world, look at this horrible thing Tom Martin said!
Tom Martin: Yeah, pretty much. Also, *more horrible things*

How can you make fun of someone by pointing out absurdity when they respond by saying “yeah, that’s exactly right”?

Sniper
Sniper

I remember that, Sharcules, but there was also the other fool who decided that modern women are troubled by thinning hair as no generation ever before, because he saw a lot of volumizing products in the drug store.

hellkell
hellkell

It’s really sad that he makes me wish for some good, old-fashioned Paul Elam batshittery.

@Sniper:

Got a link?

kirbywarp

Oh, I have a somewhat relevent question actually. Did Tom ever say anything about how many men were w-s in his estimation? Cause I remember him saying 98% for manboobzers, and some percentage of us are male…

Viscaria
Viscaria

Reading old comment threads makes me feel nostalgic.

…That’s weird, right?

red_locker

Seconding what kirbywarp said. Up to last week, I have never witnessed a shitty person gloat over their shittiness before and then be shocked, SHOCKED, when people call them out on it.

Oh, wait. That’s pretty much the M.O. of half the trolls who come here.

@Sniper:

Thanks! It’s all coming back to me now. What a strange stream of consciousness that was…

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

I want to know what a ‘prostitution-free environment’ is, seeing as 97% of women are w-s.

Does he get his two maiden aunts, three nuns, and a ‘stereotypical cat lady’ wearing a chastity belt, and make then perform stand-up or something? How would you measure the comedy? I mean, would there be a panel of judges, audience vote (wait, are the audience w-s?), or some kind of lol-o-meter?

red_locker

“Reading old comment threads makes me feel nostalgic.

…That’s weird, right?”

If that’s weird, at least you aren’t hurting anyone. 😀

Sniper
Sniper

It stuck in my head because I collect old books about home economics and there are plenty of home remedies for female pattern baldness that precede first wave feminism. I mean, I know these idiots have no grasp of history or, well, reality, but that seemed particularly lazy.

Sharculese

oh, yeah, sorry.

kirbywarp

What is a w anyway according to Tom? Did he ever give a clear definition, or was it all just “I’ve learned how to make a swear so I’m just gonna keep on saying it because you all are stinky?”

Fembot
Fembot

@kirbywarp

The frustrating thing about Tom is that he would never define the W word, or explain what “prostitution in all its forms” actually entitled. He just kept repeating himself, as though the phrase was magical and it would hypnotise us into agreeing with him.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ kirby

He recently offered to make a video explaining his definition, which would only be accessible to those who paid a fee.

@fembot:

I see. I’ll just mentally replace w with “nice person” whenever I read his writing then.

kirbywarp

Wow… Tom Martin has a real hate-on for nice people…

aworldanonymous

I’m pretty sure Tommy has a hate-on for everyone.

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

And he wants us all to renounce being nice.

I go away for one weekend and you all have a Tom Martin fest.

1 2 3 14