crackpottery grandiosity I'm totally being sarcastic incoherent rage matriarchy misogyny MRA oppressed men shit that never happened the c-word the spearhead

MRA theologian: “Mary Magdalene … f**ked an alien to get preggers and got Joe the carpenter to pay for it all.”

He looks just like his father.

Welcome, my friends, to the First Church of Misogynist Crackpottery. Today’s sermon will be delivered by The Very Extremely Reverend  AfOR, visiting from The Spearhead. He has many wise words on the topics of Mary Magdalene (Mother of God), space  aliens, and cunts.

Sorry, xtainity was always a crock of shit, and I have seen inside it deeper than most….

Today, in the 21st century, we can for the first time create a pregnant virgin, so 2,000 years ago “god” was an alien, or a figment of imagination.

2,000 years ago Mary Magdalene even if impregnated via test tube in the lab on the alien space ship, gave birth via the cunt, so no tight virginity there.

Ever since then, the holy trinity…

1/ God, an ethreal being that no-one ever saw, except jesus, so if he existed he was an alien ship doctor.. eg he was NOT human.

2/ Jesus, who was NOT human, even the biblical teachings stress this point, he was not a man.

3/ Mary Magdalene, the only human, and therefore the MOST REVERED human in the religion is a wimminz, who fucked an alien to get preggers and got Joe the carpenter to pay for it all and feed and house them.

“Chivalry” in the middle ages was literally based on worship of Mary Magdalen’s cunt, and the chivalric symbology and iconography is replete with cunt symbolism, right down to the order of the garter.

The only remotely male centric tenets of christianity were lifted wholesale from other religions and beliefs and incorporated in an early example of embrace and extend.

Christianity has NEVER been a man’s religion.

Hell even the pristhood, the highest echelons of the meme, were not allowed to fuck.

Thanks to scarletpipistrelle for pointing me to AfOR’s  wonderfully imaginative theological thinking.

Rutee Katreya

Believing in a patriarchy primes you to believe in other ridiculous things.

>Dudes are disproportionately represented in positions of power
>Dudes on average make more money for the same work
>Dudes are given more truck in society
>But patriarchy is ridiculous.

Sounds like someone’s trying to turn the language of atheists against feminism. Good luck with that XD

ronalon42

About the tradition of the virgin birth: http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/lbob/lbob07.htm this is from the apocrypha of the NT. I thought it was the Gospel of Thomas but it is the First Gospel of the Infancy of Christ. It was apparently painless and like giving birth to light. Probably had none of that icky blood or body fluids that human births typically have.

I know a lot about the Bible and Christianity, and though i am not one I actually really enjoy studying the history of the bible and especially the books that were left out. It’s just interesting to me.

The idea of the hymen always closes the vagina, or that not having it somehow makes vaginas less tight is silly. What makes the vagina less tight is being fully aroused and relaxed (and generally through aging though I have read conflicting studies about that). Virgins are likely to be more tense, and to not know exactly how to become fully aroused so they will be tighter. The hymen may or may not impede penetration. It does not tend to “break” so much as stretch. Often the bleeding from sex is from capillaries near the skin breaking and it can happen several times in a person’s life not just the first time. I think it is levels of fucked up to desire, and even feel entitled to, a very tight vagina that bleeds from sex. You might expect it given the experience of your partner, but your response should be to ease any discomfort as much as possible and desire their pleasure, not their pain and blood. In case it needed to be said.

Many girls I knew in middle/ high school refused to use tampons because they thought it would ruin their virginity. I think girls should practice penetrative masturbation before they have sex (if they want to) because it will only help them. The idea that their vagina is a sacred portal that being the first to cross is a gift to a deserving man is fucked on all levels. I have girls and I might just be that mom that gives way way way too much information on stuff like this.

Falconer
Falconer

“Mary Magdalene … fucked an alien to get preggers and got Joe the carpenter to pay for it all.”

Paging Dr. Cox … Dr. “Happy” Harry Cox to the white courtesy phone please ….

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

“If you ignore the emphasis some preachers put on girls to remain “pure” for their future husband, and to understand that “boys will be boys”,”

Except the idea is that girls have purity and are good, whereas boys are monsters just waiting to rape somebody.

No, the saying “boys will be boys” in this case is referring to the double standard, where boys get the long end of the stick. If boys have sex, then they’re just sowing their wild oats. When girls have sex, they get called sluts.

If YOU ignore that the Quiverfulls are a fringe group widely considered crazy by most mainstream people, including other Christians. They’ve twisted the religion to suit their own purposes. Anyone can twist anything to say what they want, that doesn’t mean that’s the intention behind it.

So, are you agreeing with me that the Quiverfull movement is patriarchal? While the Quiverfull groups are in the fringes of Christianity, mainstream evangelical churches oftentimes have some of the same teachings about men being the head of the household, and wives being submissive. They usually don’t acknowledge the existence of other types of families, except to call them sinful.

“If you ignore how few churches allow women to be priests or pastors,”

Because the idea is that women should not have to work. This is changing a lot now anyways.

That’s quite the reversal you pulled there. You’re trying to make it out that women are privileged by being shut out of those professions. What if women actually want to be priests or pastors in those churches? They’re not allowed to simply because they are women. Again, this is an clue that those Christian churches are patriarchal, because they keep women out of positions of power.

The churches that limit women’s authority usually rely on verses from the apostle Paul who said women can not lead or teach men. Paul told women to remain silent in church and to obey their husbands. Only in Opposite Land does that make women privileged over men.

pillowinhell

Creativewritingstudent

Yeah, well that girl can come and live at my great grandmothers house then, or one of several friends who to this day live and work just like the pioneers did.

Laundry that takes two hours to do for a family of four with a machine is NOTHING compared to laundry by hand where you have to boil water and chop wood. And the family size was much larger, plus any farm hands you might have for the field work. Gardening, today they are pretty little postage stamps. I know women that keep anywhere from one to three square acre kitchen gardens. That’s where an entire years worth of fruits and veggies grow for family consumption. And harvesting said garden to preserve it runs from late spring to early winter.
Cooking meals for men who will eat up to five thousand calories per day? I’m sure that girl will find it a breeze over an open fire. Oh, and wait til she finds out that Sunday is a day of rest, so Saturday means double work for cooking and baking and food preservation.

And lol!!! Is sure hope she LOVES spinning,weaving and sewing, because that’s what you do when you have an hour or two to spare. Well, that and mending. Lots and lots of mending. Darn darn darn!

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Well, that and mending. Lots and lots of mending. Darn darn darn!”

XD +1 internet for that pun

Leeloo Dallas Multipass

No, no, women in the old days just laid around being carried from place to place by their golden-eyed alabaster-statue boyfriends who all had superpowers and expensive sports cars.

Fembot
Fembot

“Because the idea is that women should not have to work. ”

Bullshit. Who made the fires? Who swept the ashes? Gathered wood from the forest? Peeled potatoes? Fed the chickens and collected the eggs? Who emptied the brimming chamber pots every morning? Who tended the garden, and picked the carrots? Who fed, washed, diapered, and watched the children so they didn’t fall down a well? Who took care of the sick and cleaned up their poop, pee, and vomit? Who made the family’s clothing and mended the socks? Who prepared the meals from scratch over a wood burning fire? Who took in other people’s dirty laundry to wash and make a bit of extra money for the family?

I could go on with this for hours. The only women who never had to work are the tiny minority of noble and royal blooded women. And even then, some of them became nurses, writers, and painters, or found some other means to work, because they were bored out their minds doing nothing all day.

Rutee Katreya

In practic,e those women also were frequently administrators, so they’re at least as deserving of the claim of ‘working’ as their husbands. Seriously, not working isn’t really common *at all*, but erasing work sure as hell is.

pillowinhell

Hey Stephen, come back! I want to debate, ok list everything done in a day by women, so you can understand how much work got done. And I want to do it in great detail, because I’ve done much of it with family.

Think women have it better today? Lords no. We work longer hours outside the house, we have fewer extended families to pool labour resources with and the standards of proper house keeping, entertaining, childcare (think attachment parenting) tutoring our children and keeping up with several individual and conflicting family sheduals ate up whatever free time was supposed to be created with machines.

The same happened to men in terms of longer working hours and being on call constantly, but men generally aren’t the ones in shit if the hearth, kith and kin aren’t maintained to modern standards.

Falconer
Falconer

anything from Stonehenge to shoelaces were caused by aliens!

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

@ Falconer “The things on the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister.”

I’d question that.

theyazata

@Fembot

Pfft…MRAs don’t consider any of that work. It’s just passing time between the bon bon eating and the watching of daytime soaps. That’s what women do, right? The homestead magically takes care of itself while she’s being lazy.

Real work is hunting mammoth…or working on your ass in a cubicle. You know, the glory stuff.

/s

Falconer
Falconer

ate up whatever free time was supposed to be created with machines.

Yeah, our productivity is through the roof in general, and people are still spending 60, 70, 80 hours at the office. And that’s at the office, where you generally don’t have to vacuum the floors after yourself, or clean the toilets.

The George Jetson future where you just press a button and the work does itself is never gonna happen.

Falconer
Falconer

I’d question that.

Question everything.

(I tried to find a clip from the Justice League Unlimited episode where he makes the claim about aglets, but I couldn’t.)

Falconer
Falconer

@pillowinhell: I belatedly realized my response about productivity could be taken as erasing the work homemakers do. That was an oversight on my part. Sorry.

pillowinhell

More people are spending way more time at work, that’s true. However, given the labor intensive crap that had to be done before the fifties, I don’t think our productivity has gone up so mauch as its been redirected to be more for the benefit of others/employers.

Hell, I’ve been in serious feminist discussions where the work of homemakers was largely ignored due to class issues. Its sometimes a little strange to me how often folks here catch themselves AND apologize before someone else has to point the issue out and argue for an hour.

Stephen Blue
Stephen Blue

@ Rutee Katreya:

>Dudes are given more truck in society

Are you insane? There is no law that prevents women from buying trucks! I don’t know of any statistics on who owns more trucks, but if men do own trucks, it’s just because they buy more trucks. It’s not like women can’t buy a truck if they’d rather have one instead of a sports car or a minivan.

WTF.

Stephen Blue
Stephen Blue

Also, nobody just “gives” you a truck. You have to buy one.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Stephen, please tell me that’s a joke.

Stephen Blue
Stephen Blue

@ Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby II:

Shouldn’t you say that to Rutee?

theyazata

‘Also, nobody just “gives” you a truck. You have to buy one.’ Stephen Blue

Trolling and purposefully misunderstanding? Or actually unable to comprehend modern slang?

You be the judge.

Fembot
Fembot

Ok. Stephen is just a troll. And a massive tool. Carry on.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

The word “truck” has several meanings.

Stephen Blue
Stephen Blue

@ Gametime:

“People who resort to wild conspiracy theories to explain events are ridiculous! That’s why I’m sure these comments are all part of a big covert scheme to discredit us.”

Way to completely take what I said out of context!

Believing in government conspiracies is ridiculous. Believing some moron on the internet would take two seconds to make up a fake name for themselves to make the “opposing side” of their issue look bad isn’t ridiculous. It happens all the time.

That’s why terms like “sockpuppeting” (which btw someone here accused me of) exist, you imbecile.

Sharculese

Also, nobody just “gives” you a truck. You have to buy one.

GOOD ONE, GRANPDA!

theyazata

@Fembot

Or he’s defending the MRAs because of his atrociously poor reading comprehension.

Nanasha
Nanasha

Most people who worked at being homemakers also grew up with a much poorer lifestyle because of the one income. Clothes were hand-me-down for each child (most were hand-me-downs from other family members). My grandmother stayed home when she had children because she had four boys and her mother was living with them and she was very sick. But before that, she worked her ass off at a little secretary job to save up money so that she and her husband (who also worked) could buy a house. This was a VERY BIG THING because she was first generation Italian American. Still, they never had a TV until they got a very old used black and white one sometime in the late 60’s from a family friend who was always buying new things and just “handed it down” as a gift at Christmas. Her boys all shared a room- using four bunk beds and fitting in four dressers one for each boy. Believe me, I’ve seen that room where my dad grew up with his brothers- it’s tiny…but not as tiny as the room my grandmother and grandfather shared. The house is actually a bit bigger now than it was when they were growing up as the four boys grew up and built on a back room and storage area for the house- so imagine how much smaller it was when my dad was growing up!

They ate decently, but when my grandmother was growing up, she only ever got one gift at christmas as a child- a doll and a bed, which she was told to give to her younger sister when she was considered “too old” for it.

People had to live at a considerably lower standard of living back then. People could not afford TVs, more than one phone in a house (and sometimes not even one phone- you had to go down the street to the neighbor’s house to call someone), and you generally had one or two lamps and went to bed early. Plus, it was not uncommon for everyone to share a room or have all the children sharing a room. The idea of living in a huge house with everyone in a separate room is one invented in our modern age. And pretty much everyone I know who owns a home who came out of that poverty/working class background only were able to do that by saving up while living with their in-laws or parents and BOTH parents worked.

Dual income families have been around FOREVER, and most of the time, even if you DO have children, the other parent will go back to work when they CAN.

My mom was a homemaker because my dad worked at HP and made a good wage as an engineer. My mom still did Tupperware, Avon, did real estate and taught gymnastics even though she had three children. Later on, when we were older and more self-sufficient, she went back to school, got her teaching credential and then substitute taught until she could get a teaching position.

And it’s a good thing she did, too. Later that year, my dad got laid off of his job because they moved his job to Malaysia. Without my mom, they would probably have lost their house. As it is, they paid it off, he got to retire, and now my mom pulls in the health insurance and living expenses with her kindergarten teaching job.

That’s the thing, MRAs. Being in a marriage relationship is a PARTNERSHIP with someone you are supposed to TRUST. You are supposed to work as a TEAM and bring in a net gain for your household. Sometimes that means that someone will stay at home because being full time child care and household-logistics coordinator is more economically beneficial to your WHOLE FAMILY than if she were to shunt the kids into daycare and work at a 9-5 job (and, by the way, there are ALSO men who stay home with the kids during the day, as well as relationships like my husband and me, who both work opposite shifts so that we can bring home enough money to live comfortably and not worry about paying childcare costs). There are pros and cons to all of these choices, but each individual family is different with different needs.

It is hard to raise an infant while working full time. But it is even harder to do long-term care for a kid with special needs like severe autism or Downs syndrome. And it can be next to impossible to justify putting several children in daycare because it’s so damn expensive that it’s actually going to discount the amount of money that one person would otherwise be making, so why do it if you can have one person stay home and provide one-on-one parenting/mentoring with the kids so that they will be more advanced and get ahead in school and society?

Pretty much every kid I know wants their parents to spend more time with them. There are very few kids I’ve ever met who complained that they wished their parents would work more and just buy them crap. In fact, a lot of entitled brattiness seems to come from this weird situation where parents work harder and harder to get their kids all these new gadgets out of guilt for not being around and then the kid doesn’t appreciate them because he or she has no context for the gift beyond “dad feels bad he’s not spending time with me, but instead of spending time with me, he bought me a computer.” So it leads to resentment, anger and ultimately, acting out.

I would much rather have less money and stuff but more time with my child because to me, that’s what matters.

If you, MRA, wish to go out and be a sociopathic money-grubbing shark, you can do so. But stop trying to devalue what I am trying to do just because you made a different choice. Every lifestyle has its sacrifices. You can never truly “have it all”- so the question is, are you willing to choose what really truly matters to you, or are you simply going to shout “sour grapes” at those of us who have made our choices for better or worse?

Sharculese

youre doing enough of a job of making yourself look ridiculous, kiddo

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Fembot
Fembot

@Stephen

“Believing some moron on the internet would take two seconds to make up a fake name for themselves to make the “opposing side” of their issue look bad isn’t ridiculous. It happens all the time.”

I have found that MRAs talk about this frequently. I have seen several comment threads where they make plans to do this on feminist blogs to make feminists look bad. I think this is something that occurs more on your side than ours. And you know the saying…it takes one to know one.

pillowinhell

So Stephen Blue, how was it that Christianity was saving women from work again?

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“I thought sockpuppetting was more about making it seem like people are agreeing with you.”

That, or attempting to comment someplace you already got banned from (the latter being the usual socks here).

Stephen —

truck 1, n.
1. Any of various heavy motor vehicles designed for carrying or pulling loads.
2. A hand truck.
3. A wheeled platform, sometimes equipped with a motor, for conveying loads in a warehouse or freight yard.
4. One of the swiveling frames of wheels under each end of a railroad car or trolley car.
5. A set of bookshelves mounted on four wheels or casters, used in libraries.
6. Nautical A small piece of wood placed at the top of a mast or flagpole, usually having holes through which halyards can be passed.
7. Chiefly British A railroad freight car without a top.
v. trucked, truck·ing, trucks
v.tr. To transport by truck.
v.intr.
1. To carry goods by truck.
2. To drive a truck.
3. Slang To move or travel in a steady but easy manner.
[Short for truckle or from Latin trochus, iron hoop (from Greek trokhos, wheel).]

truck 2, v. trucked, truck·ing, trucks
v.tr.
1. To exchange; barter.
2. To peddle.
v.intr. To have dealings or commerce; traffic.
n.
1. Articles of commerce; trade goods.
2. Garden produce raised for the market.
3. Informal Worthless goods; stuff or rubbish: “Look at your hands. And look at your mouth. What is that truck?” (Mark Twain).
4. Barter; exchange.
5. Informal Dealings; business: We’ll have no further truck with them.

You have truck 1, 1 confused for truck 2, 5

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

I took a US women’s history class, and one of the texts we read was about women in the South around the time of the civil war (both before and after the civil war). Black women, of course, were generally working alongside black men, or doing heavy-duty housework, as were poor white women (who at least were free and generally working on their family’s farm.) However, plantation-class women worked a lot more than they’re generally given credit for, both historically and in their own time–they managed the house the way the plantation owners managed the business end, but they were not given the training the way their brothers were. Sure, their job consisted of bossing slaves around, but so did their husbands’, and and least the men were trained and could work through overseers.

Rutee Katreya

Christ, what an asshole.

Well, if you actually have evidence of a government conspiracy, such as the records that detailed the tuskeegee experiments, or the lists compiled by Sweden of gays and jews to hand over to Hitler, they’re not really that ridiculous. In contrast, immediately assuming everyone is part of a false flag operation, without any particular evidence of such an operation, kind of is ridiculous.

By that logic, the word ‘conspiracy’ exists, therefore…

Wordspinner: Yeah, thatw as why I worded it as “Or at least, as much so as their husbands”. I don’t want to remove, you know, the people who did the labor, but it’s only the women who have the reputation for not actually working in the popular view now.

pillowinhell

The amount of administrative knowledge required by plantation women at the time was phenomenal. Even if she wasn’t doing the physical labour, she sure as hell had to know how it was done. Let’s face it, if she didn’t know how to produce goods like fine/cosmetic soap, fine linen/woven goods or how to prepare chef quality meals (just the way her hubby liked) her servants and slaves would have run rampant. And since very high standards were held for these womens homes, she couldn’t afford to have the house and gardens running anything but smoothly. So women were given basic hands on training as girls and taught how to troubleshoot the glitches, find the substandard work, co ordinate huge numbers of tasks and people to get the job done. They did have more leisure time, but it wasn’t all day. Visiting and hosting was also part of her JOB, to ensure that her husband had all the benefits of social networking

hellkell
hellkell

HAHAHA. This may be the dumbest thing anyone has ever written on this site.

You don’t get around much, do you, Stevie?

scarlettpipistrelle

And, let’s not forget why the traditional European symbol of woman is a distaff. Women and children used to spend much of their time carding wool, retting flax, and scraping hides. They had to spin fibers into yarn, and then weave or knit things. A LOT of time. Sounds like work to me.

pillowinhell

A barn loom in the hands of a master weaver can be warped and heddled in eight hours by one very detemined person intending to do a simple weave. Usually, it takes two people a couple days to set up one of those looms.

Retting and spinning linen is very labour intensive. What’s more is that linen is not for beginners. The fibers are short, and don’t tend to want to hook together during the spinning process, which is part of why distaffs are used. A fair bit of mathmatics is required to figure out how much material to spin to make a given length of fabric (and they created pegged boards as cheats for the warp threads).

Soap making,especially for cosmetic soaps required practical chemistry

I really never understood how so many women were bamboozled into thinking they were too dumb for school or careers. Mathemtics, chemistry, geometry, medicine/nursing/first aid/mid wifery, basic literacy and numeracy, tailoring, cooking/food preservation, biology,botany,history/family bloodlines, genetics and breeding/ care of cows,chickens/pigs/rabbits….

The list of knowledge is just phenomenal.

aworldanonymous

@ShadetheDruid

When I find myself able to afford to keep up Warhammer as a hobby, OI’M GONNA PLAY DA ORKZ, FUHGET THA FILTHY ‘UMIES AN’ THE TYRANIDS, OI’M STICKIN’ WIF DA WAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

Actually, only some linen is short (the “tow” linen, which is kind of cheap). People used the distaff because properly prepared linen fibers are ridiculously long–they can be basically the length of the plant itself. But you are right about the fibers not sticking together like wool does, and about the preparation process being really difficult.

Cotton, though–cotton is short and doesn’t stick together and an absolute PIA to spin. Most Western spinning tools are really really bad for spinning cotton–Indian wheels (called charkas, at least when sold in the west) are much better, as are supported spindles. (Yes, I have a wheel. Why do you ask?)

Here’s an article about spinning long-line flax without a distaff:

Spinning and knitting for fun has made me really glad I don’t have to do it all the time to clothe myself and my family.

pillowinhell

I embroider, quilt and sew for fun. And having worked on a queensize applique quilt with embroidery, I can say I’m glad I don’t have to sew blankets and clothes by hand to keep my family warm!!! I’m working on that quilt when I have time and between smaller sewing projects,and its been almost a decade. Can’t say I enjoy quilting that much. Embroidery on the other hand……

Even simple quilts take a significant amount of time to complete! And I’m a stickler for doing the quilting by hand. I’ve done some decent sized wall hangings and such, so my stitching is nice and even.

pillowinhell

I think we broke our new troll…

All this talk about women working scared him off.

See, this is why we can’t have entertaining trolls…

scarlettpipistrelle

We’ve been noticed: “Eric July 15, 2012 at 20:16

Just as a side note, the moron Futrelle found the quote of his fellow-moron AfoR above; and highlighted it as representative of the MRM position on Christianity. Ignoring, of course, AfoR’s 30-or-so downvotes.

Make of it what you will”

I still want to hear why Price contradicted the Dalai Lama on his own stated opinions and what history of Tibetan Buddhism he has read, if any.

Why are these guys simply, factually, wrong so often?

Pam
Pam

I think we broke our new troll…

All this talk about women working scared him off.

Maybe he just drove off in the truck that he had to buy.

Pam
Pam

We’ve been noticed: “Eric July 15, 2012 at 20:16

Make of it what you will”

I see that owly has posted a comment in that thread, but neglected to throw a hairy conniption fit at AfOR’s musings regarding Jesus’ provenance… but if he notices Eric’s comment, he’ll probably sidle on over to here and blow a gasket over the picture that accompanies David’s post.

Fembot
Fembot

“Ignoring, of course, AfoR’s 30-or-so downvotes.”

Actually Dave did mention this. And why does he refer to AfoR as a “fellow moron?” Is he on our side, now? Are the MRAs officially disowning him and cutting him loose from the MRM?

Nanasha
Nanasha

I haven’t seen so much Christianity fail in a long, long time. I’m an atheist and even *I* know more about Christian mythos than this MRA-hole.