crackpottery grandiosity I'm totally being sarcastic incoherent rage matriarchy misogyny MRA oppressed men shit that never happened the c-word the spearhead

MRA theologian: “Mary Magdalene … f**ked an alien to get preggers and got Joe the carpenter to pay for it all.”

He looks just like his father.

Welcome, my friends, to the First Church of Misogynist Crackpottery. Today’s sermon will be delivered by The Very Extremely Reverend  AfOR, visiting from The Spearhead. He has many wise words on the topics of Mary Magdalene (Mother of God), space  aliens, and cunts.

Sorry, xtainity was always a crock of shit, and I have seen inside it deeper than most….

Today, in the 21st century, we can for the first time create a pregnant virgin, so 2,000 years ago “god” was an alien, or a figment of imagination.

2,000 years ago Mary Magdalene even if impregnated via test tube in the lab on the alien space ship, gave birth via the cunt, so no tight virginity there.

Ever since then, the holy trinity…

1/ God, an ethreal being that no-one ever saw, except jesus, so if he existed he was an alien ship doctor.. eg he was NOT human.

2/ Jesus, who was NOT human, even the biblical teachings stress this point, he was not a man.

3/ Mary Magdalene, the only human, and therefore the MOST REVERED human in the religion is a wimminz, who fucked an alien to get preggers and got Joe the carpenter to pay for it all and feed and house them.

“Chivalry” in the middle ages was literally based on worship of Mary Magdalen’s cunt, and the chivalric symbology and iconography is replete with cunt symbolism, right down to the order of the garter.

The only remotely male centric tenets of christianity were lifted wholesale from other religions and beliefs and incorporated in an early example of embrace and extend.

Christianity has NEVER been a man’s religion.

Hell even the pristhood, the highest echelons of the meme, were not allowed to fuck.

Thanks to scarletpipistrelle for pointing me to AfOR’s  wonderfully imaginative theological thinking.

Seraph
Seraph

I have a loose memory floating around in my head of a certain tradition in which Jesus was actually born as a sort of gas cloud that reconstituted outside of his mother, an idea presumably developed to preserve Mary’s Total Virginity N Stuff, but I have no clue where to look this up and be sure I’m not just making it up. Anybody know anything about it?

I actually think that’s Catholic tradition, which says something like Jesus’s birth was “like light passing through glass”, though I don’t think it was supposed to be that literal. I think it was just supposed to mean that Mary, being without Original Sin, was not subject to Eve’s curse of pain in childbirth. That being the case, any subsequent births, even if they were the result of sex with Joseph (since sex with her husband would not only not be a sin, but an actual mitzvot), would also be painless.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

Everyone knows that Jesus was really the God-Emperor of Mankind who went back into hiding after he “died”. He’s gonna come back in the 35th millenium in order to unite the warring factions of earth and go on a crusade to dominate the galaxy. – aworldanonymous

And then get eaten! Muahaha.

aworldanonymous

@ShadetheDruid

I thought he got stabbed by his son Horus, and had his body put in a giant machine to preserve his psychic essence.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

aworldanonymous: Pretty much, though his followers are still trying to do the same thing and they’re all just going to get themselves eaten up eventually. Silly humans. 😛

(I’m a Tyranid fan. Om nom nom).

Naira
Naira

So…saying “Jesus H. Christ” or “Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick” is besmirching all of Christianity and insulting Christians.

I’m not wishing bad things on anyone, not even owly, but I do hope for at least enough consistency that he’s upset about this one too. Otherwise his rant a few posts ago goes from “pretty disgusting” mixed with “plain pathetic” to “all pathetic, all the time.”

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I interpreted the “not a tight virgin” thing as meaning that they think giving birth makes the vagina huge, and what’s the point of a virgin if she’s a. not so tight that she’s cringing in pain as you fuck her and b. not totally untouched because the baby got to her vagina before you did, so you can’t plant your FIRST flag on her ass.

Maude LL
Maude LL

@ David

Thank you! Your blog is great, I really admire your capacity of staying sane dealing with MRAs on a daily basis. (and I thought having to read so much inanities studying political science was driving me crazy…)

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

Only a moron would think Christianity is anti-male/pro-female.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Instead, it’s aliens. Every conspiracy has an “it was aliens” sub-group though huh?

I LOVE Ancient Aliens. Every fucking thing in history was aliens. Humans before 1902 were WAY to stupid to have done anything complicated at all, so anything from Stonehenge to shoelaces were caused by aliens! And it doesn’t seem to matter that some of their theories contradict each other. Every new topic is a blank slate. An ALIEN blank slate.

Anathema
Anathema

I vaguely remember that tradition too. I’m pretty sure it was a belief held by one of the early Christian sects, although I have no idea which one. And I think that it might have been just as much about emphasizing Jesus’s divinity as preserving Mary’s virginity. This would have been before Christians had come to the consensus that Jesus was both fully human and fully God, and I suppose that this tradition came from a group that thought he was fully God but not fully man. (Maybe this comes from one of the Gnostic texts?)

So I don’t really recall that much more about it that you do, but I’m pretty sure you’re not just making it up.

Freitag
Freitag

The misogynist theory of female virginity – the moment anything goes into or out of the vagina, you’re no longer a virgin*, and “virgin” means “tight”. Notice that how all of this is experienced by the person who the vagina is attached to is irrelevant, it’s all about how that vagina feels to a cock, and the idiot who it’s attached to.

The “once it’s been fucked vaginas become all loose” theory of the MRM puzzles me no end. I have a theory but it’s all wrapped up in shaming language.

Here it is anyway, shaming language and all. It seems like a lot of these guys are young to be so bitter and angry. The whole “you’re a virgin loser and can’t get sex” thing aside, some of them probably do have limited experience with real women. If most of your encounters are with a fleshlight or similar, well, they might actually loosen and wear out with repeated use (I do not know). If you haven’t been with too many actual real women, you might extrapolate the sex toy experience to real vaginas. (Obligatory Disclaimer: The preceeding post is 100% Freitag assdata.)

Cliff Pervocracy

Freitag – I don’t think it’s based on sex toys. (And it may or may not come from experience, since a lot of these guys have experience but also have bizarre interpretations of it.) I think it’s based on the idea that women lose value when they have sex, and trying to imagine there’s a physical representation of that loss of value.

It’s the same reason there’ve been a lot of guys on Manboobz claiming that a woman will look older in the face or have a “thousand-cock stare” if she’s had too many sexual partners. They can’t deal with the idea that a woman could have sex–with a guy other than them!!!–and come away still just as sexually attractive and capable as she was before. That would take away too many of their excuses to be controlling and insecure about female sexuality.

Freitag
Freitag

Thousand-cock stare? Lord take me now, I’ve seen it all.

I’ve usually chalked up their mixed feelings about sex-positive women as a mixture of jealousy and insecurity. Jealous because other guys are getting teh secks, and insecurity because if they ever got with one of those women then she’d have someone to compare his “performance” to. (Scare quotes because I’ve never thought of it as a performance. A piano recital is a performance.)

Stephen Blue

So this is how “tolerant” ManBoobz behaves when they don’t like someone! Is this person’s beliefs any more absurd than all the liberals and feminists who believe Stone Henge was made by aliens? Is it really? It’s strange but if it’s what he believes, isn’t he entitled to his beliefs or does being an MRA and a man take that way from him? Yeah, that’s what I thought! Personally, I don’t think this is any weirder than all the Holy Mother Goddess talk or “aliens killed JFK” talk that many feminists engage in.

Of course I don’t think he is right about Christianity being about worshipping Mary’s [expletive] but I do think he is right about Christianity being a female dominate religion. The idea is to make men support women by “working in the world” while simultaneously giving women power over the home, the relationship, and most every day decisions.

Bee
Bee

Among the many, many errors in everything AfOR said, neither Mary Magdalene nor the Virgin Mary is part of the Holy Trinity. The Holy Ghost is the third point on the triangle. I’ve heard it suggested that the HG is God’s courtesan, but the Bible refers to it as male many times, and it’s more often considered male or genderless.

Also, the HG is not a human either. Which means that Christianity is the religion of worshiping aliens, aliens, and more aliens. Pretty cool, eh?

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

Good sex would be an “experience” for both partners – something they both partake in and get something out of.
MRA-types, however, would only have sex be the experience for them. For their partners, it would be a performance, because their partners would not be permitted to fully participate in the sexual experience. They would be recipients rather than contributors.
At least, that was the impression I got…

hellkell
hellkell

I hope NWO’s over there and hopping mad about them calling his beloved Jeebus an alien.

Cassandra, of course tampons are misandry, probably because they’ve been closer to vagina than most of these dudes ever will be.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

So this is how “tolerant” ManBoobz behaves when they don’t like someone!

It’s not that we don’t like him Stephen Blue, it’s that we’re mocking his misogynistic, very silly interpretation of christianity.

Is this person’s beliefs any more absurd than all the liberals and feminists who believe Stone Henge was made by aliens? Is it really? […] Personally, I don’t think this is any weirder than all the Holy Mother Goddess talk or “aliens killed JFK” talk that many feminists engage in.

Ummmm. Yeah. Aliens aren’t actually a regular topic of discussion amongst feminists. It just really doesn’t come up in social justice in general.

You’re a very silly person. That is not how christianity generally works in the world.

VoIP
VoIP

Stephen Blue, are you MR AL?

The First Joe:

Hahahahaa!
There are so many levels of funny here.
Comedy gold!

Something doesn’t have to be “For Realz” for the truth value of statements about it ot matter. If I say Mr. Spock is a character in Star Wars, I’d be wrong.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

No, Christianity is a male dominated religion. We’ve gone over that already

Freitag
Freitag

@creativewritingstudent, yeah that sounds about right. When they discuss it (I confess I don’t go to their sites very often) it seems to be all about getting laid as a right, goal, entitlement, whatever, for themselves and the vagina-owners as an obstacle to those ends.

Anathema
Anathema

No, AfOR is entitled to his beliefs. MRAs are entitled to their beliefs. Men are entitled to their beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

But no one is entitled to expound on their belief without receiving criticism. AfOR is free to have his beliefs and those of us who disagree with him are free to criticize and mock those beliefs.

Most of the Biblical prophets are male. The Savior of Humankind was male. God the Father is referred to as male. The twelve apostles were male. Most pastors are male. The Catholic Church will not allow women to be priests; every pope has been male. Sin was brought into the world because Eve, a woman, was fooled. Paul wrote that women should veil their heads, submit to their husbands, and not have authority over men.

But Christianity is a female dominated religion. Right.

@VoIP

No and I have no idea who this Al person is.

@thebionicmommy

Except you knuckleheads analyzed it completely wrong. Not that I would expect otherwise from an echo chamber like this.

“If you ignore the emphasis some preachers put on girls to remain “pure” for their future husband, and to understand that “boys will be boys”,”

Except the idea is that girls have purity and are good, whereas boys are monsters just waiting to rape somebody.

“If you ignore the entire Quiverull movement, which describes one of its goals as establishing Christian patriarchy,”

If YOU ignore that the Quiverfulls are a fringe group widely considered crazy by most mainstream people, including other Christians. They’ve twisted the religion to suit their own purposes. Anyone can twist anything to say what they want, that doesn’t mean that’s the intention behind it.

“If you ignore how few churches allow women to be priests or pastors,”

Because the idea is that women should not have to work. This is changing a lot now anyways.

Stephen Blue

And how come you can put words in those block things and I can’t?

hellkell
hellkell

You’re not real bright, are you Stephen?

Freitag
Freitag

{blockquote} text text text {/blockquote} only using greater than and less than signs instead of curly brackets

hellkell
hellkell

Stephen, it’s super-seekrit feminist HTML. We could tell you, but we’d get kicked out of the club.

Freitag
Freitag

Oh noes!! I spilled the beans. *hangs head*

Gametime
Gametime

…You know people can’t respond to you in the middle of your post, right? I know whatever we say will confirm your bias anyway, but at least pretend to listen before deciding you’re right.

I sincerely doubt you know what the word “feminist” means.

@Anathema

“I don’t know of any feminists who believe that Stone Henge was made by aliens. But the belief that aliens made Stonehenge is just as absurd as AfOR’s belief in aliens inseminating Mary. Whether you are a feminist or a liberal or whatnot is irrelevant: these are just plain silly things to believe in.”

“I’m perfectly happy to criticize the beliefs of feminists when I think they are wrong. And I’m sure that there are plenty of feminists out there who believe really strange things (as people in general tend to believe in strange things). But I’ve never once come across a feminist claiming that aliens killed JFK. What sort of feminists do you talk to?”

OK, I admit the “aliens killed JFK” thing was a bit of hyperbole on my part. I’ve never met anyone, feminists or otherwise, who said that precise thing.

But I’ve met plenty of feminists who believe in alien abductions and plenty of feminists who believe in conspiracy theories about the JFK assassination. One of the most ardent feminists I know in real life (you know, that thing ManBoobz never want to be part of) also says she was abducted by aliens as a child and such things are common among feminists. Now not all feminists believe this and not everyone who claims to be abducted by aliens is a feminist, but there’s a huge overlap. Believing in a patriarchy primes you to believe in other ridiculous things.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

No and I have no idea who this Al person is.

Isn’t that what he says EVERY TIME he starts sockpuppetting? And then, 5 comments later, he’s all “Well, of course it’s me”.

Hello.

@Freitag:

Thank you, you actually seem to be a decent person.

@ Gametime:

I sincerely doubt you know what the word “feminist” means.

LOL. I think you might be the one who doesn’t know, buddy!

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

Well, we understand there’s a difference between “Feminist” and “Neo-pagan”, although some Neo-pagans are Feminists and some Feminists are Neo-pagans…

VoIP
VoIP

And some Neo-Pagans are misogynists.

pillowinhell

Dude, you clearly have no idea how much, much work is involved in running a home, with children and a husband when you do not have access to running water, electricity, grocery stores and in fact any modern conveniences of life that became commonplace since the 1950’s. Its a shit ton of work and the women were up and working long before their husbands and long after their husbands went to bed. Add to this that women worked in the fields, factories and mines or in the family business and the only work women were saved from was deadlifting more than their own body weight in equipment.

So how has Christianity saved women from work again?

VoIP
VoIP

You know, that doesn’t discredit the rest of her ideas. Newton believed in alchemy and Dostoevsky was an anti-Semite, but that doesn’t make universal gravitation wrong or The Brothers Karamazov a bad book. This is either a dumb, lazy argument or just trolling.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

@ Stephen Blue – “You’re kidding, right? Plenty of wishy washy liberals and patriarchy conspiracy theorist feminists believe all kinds of things along those lines, from Stone Henge to alien abductions. So do some paranoid new world order conservatives like that one weird guy who comes here sometimes (I think he is one of you trolling to make the MRA look bad because he makes no sense.) but IN GENERAL I find these believes are generally slightly more common among liberals and feminists than other groups. But no group is without someone who believes something that seems weird or silly. That’s why I try to be tolerant.”

This is the single best paragraph ever. I wish I could give it a medal.

Gametime
Gametime

Never happened.

alleee

I’m sorry. I have to reply with this non-sequitur. Mary, the virgin mother of Jesus, blah blah, and Mary Magdalene are not the same person. We know that, right?

And maybe Christianity is a female religion if you count the subjugation of women and the taboo against birth control and abortion as being female-centric. If you count that women were placed on the bottom of the Jesus/church/daddy/mom hierarchy as woman-centric. If you count the nine million women burned at the stake in Europe by the Christian church as woman-centric, the, sure. I guess.

Gametime
Gametime

“People who resort to wild conspiracy theories to explain events are ridiculous! That’s why I’m sure these comments are all part of a big covert scheme to discredit us.”

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“I particularly like where peeps are gleefully correcting AFoR’s bizarro version of a fictional cult book as though it was actually For Realz.”

I’ll catch up on the rest in a moment, but have to note that damn, some times we want a joke post instead of pro-child-rape shit. A bit of a break from the gross shit, you know?

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

I can almost imagine him out with a clipboard

“Hello, madam! Are you a feminist?”
“Well that depends on how you define…”
“Excellent. And do you believe in conspiracies about the JFK assassination?”
“Do you mean am I convinced of the veracity of one of more or these theories, or do I believe that the theories themselves exist?”
“I’ll mark you down as a yes. And how about aliens, are they real?”
“Well, it’s a big universe. Perhaps out there somewhere…”
“Tick for UFOlogist. Much obliged, madam, have a super day!”

Anathema
Anathema

You’re kidding, right? Plenty of wishy washy liberals and patriarchy conspiracy theorist feminists believe all kinds of things along those lines, from Stone Henge to alien abductions. So do some paranoid new world order conservatives like that one weird guy who comes here sometimes (I think he is one of you trolling to make the MRA look bad because he makes no sense.) but IN GENERAL I find these believes are generally slightly more common among liberals and feminists than other groups. That’s why I try to be tolerant.

I’ve known liberals who have believed that Earth had been visited by aliens. There are probably plenty of those. (Well, maybe not “plenty” — certainly more than I’d like though). And I suppose given the number of feminists out there, I suppose it wouldn’t be surprising if a few feminists believed that aliens built Stone Henge. But I certainly haven’t met them.

I’ve known both conservatives and liberals who hold utterly bizarre beliefs. There are some absurd beliefs that liberals are more likely to hold, and some that conservatives are more likely to hold. But I’m not sure which group has the most absurd beliefs. In any case, any answer I gave here would be largely based on personal experience and rather tinted by confirmation bias, so it wouldn’t be worth much. But yes, there are extremists and fools in any group.

Also, what do you mean by patriarchy conspiracy theorist? I’m sure you could find some feminist out there who believes that patriarchy is the result of some vast conspiracy against women. But that’s not the view of most feminists. And it’s certainly not the view of most of the feminists who comment on Manboobz.

But I’ve met plenty of feminists who believe in alien abductions and plenty of feminists who believe in conspiracy theories about the JFK assassination. One of the most ardent feminists I know in real life (you know, that thing ManBoobz never want to be part of) also says she was abducted by aliens as a child and such things are common among feminists.Now not all feminists believe this and not everyone who claims to be abducted by aliens is a feminist, but there’s a huge overlap.

I’ve known conservative anti-feminists who believe that aliens are responsible for building crop circles and the Easter Island heads, that Vitamin C is a cure-all being suppressed by the FDA and Big Pharma, and that Barack Obama won the 2008 election using hypnotism.

By your logic, I could argue that all of these beliefs are correlated with anti-feminism.

Believing in a patriarchy primes you to believe in other ridiculous things.

Care to explain why you think this is the case? What makes you think that the idea of patriarchy is so ridiculous?

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

@pillowinhell

I’m reminded of this teenage Twilight fan who was whining on Youtube that Feminism was an awful, awful thing because her parents were making her get a job and that before Feminism she would have sat at home in luxury.

I have no desire to dig it up because a) Youtube is huge and b) extreme Twilight fans are screechy.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Ok properly caught up now, first, re: brainfax 🙂

Now onto Stephen Blue!

Yeah I mock the stonehedge thing too, never heard the “aliens killed JFK” one (though everyone and their brother seems to have a theory on JFK’s death) — and I don’t find the idea of goddesses any sillier than the idea of gods (note that we’re mocking the aliens part, and the “but that’s not that Mary!” part).

We did this debate already, you’ve been linked already. I’ve yet to meet a branch of Christianity that didn’t teach that women should be submissive though (I’d guess that Unitarians probably don’t, but I haven’t met any and thus can’t really say).

That’s NWOslave, and he’s serious, he’s been at that shit for a year+

As for the rest of that paragraph, it’s time for Spot That Fallacy!!

Fallacy of composition – assuming that something true of part of a whole must also be true of the whole

In other words, yeah, “no group is without someone who believes something that seems weird or silly” — but that means neither the whole group believes that, nor that we can’t mock that belief.

Um…what? Same fallacy as above. Your friend there is the only feminist I’ve ever heard of who claims to have been abducted btw. Then again…

“I’ll mark you down as a yes. And how about aliens, are they real?”
“Well, it’s a big universe. Perhaps out there somewhere…”
“Tick for UFOlogist. Much obliged, madam, have a super day!”

Yeah it’s a big universe, and we can’t even figure out for sure if Mars (the only planet we’ve tested) has basic life or not, so yeah, signs put towards “there’s probably pond scum life out there somewhere”.

Guess that means I believe in alien probes though? *does not believe in alien probes*

Fembot
Fembot

@Stephen Blue

“(I think he is one of you trolling to make the MRA look bad because he makes no sense.) ”

ROTFLMAO. Really? Go scroll through the comments at The Spearhead if you want to see MRAs (making themselves) look bad.

And I second Anathema’s question. What feminists do you talk to? Please name a specific blog site or person to whom you have spoken about feminist issue. If everything you know about feminism you learned from MRA sites, you have a serious problem.

The purpose of the blog is to mock misogyny. If there are any “moderate” MRAs who do not hate women, and shame other men as “manginas, white knights,” please post a link. Feminism is actually interested in helping men along with women, as restrictive gender roles harm men also. But as far as I can see, MRAs are more interested in bitching about women than actually helping men. And a lot of what gets passed around the manosphere as “truth” is total bullshit (and when these “truths” are disputed, MRAs disengage from the conversation).

So again, I ask you, what feminists do you speak to? Give me a link that is not an MRA site. Simply because an MRA has said something on the internet , it does not make it true.

And again, what man-hating sites have you seen? Give me a link that is not an MRA site.

No matter how many times I ask these questions, I never get an answer.