antifeminism bronies creepy I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with ponies ever men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA patriarchy penises twitter

Clop clop clopping along with Epic Atheist Brony, MRA extraordinaire [UPDATE: Probably a troll.]

You remember the Men’s Rights Bronies we met not so long ago? Well, I have discovered another one, this one on Twitter! In addition to being brony and a “highly active MRA,” he is also – brace yourself for this – an atheist who loves to wear fedoras and talk in public about what he likes to do with his penis. (And they say stereotypes aren’t true.) His personal creed? “Love & tolerance.”

Anyway, his name is Epic Atheist Brony, and here’s his Twitter profile.

[NOTE: Mr. Brony seems to be a troll. See update below for details.]

Here are some recent highlights from his Twitter timeline. (Note: “clopping” is Brony slang for masturbation.)

Love & tolerance, everyone!

But you gals will have to enjoy your love & tolerance in the kitchen, while the clearly superior Epic Atheist Brony whacks it to cartoon ponies and tweets about which cartoon ponies his penis likes the most.

UPDATE: It seems likely that Mr. Brony is a troll/Poe. “His” original Twitter profile pic was a photo of a guy in a fedora, supposedly him. Trouble is, the actual guy in the pic stepped forward and explicitly denied being Mr. Brony (and, for that matter, being a “sexist fucktarded meme-spewing Redditor.”) Here’s the pic the real fedora-wearing dude posted as evidence. Thanks to @mister_smiley on Twitter for the link.

Cliff Pervocracy

No, Hershele, you were right. (And maybe I shouldn’t even be assuming Equestria is binary–no characters have been explicitly introduced as non-binary and I don’t really expect them to, but that doesn’t mean I should assume it’s a “binary only” universe.)

It wasn’t policing, it was a reminder, and thanks for that.

nwoslave

@Cliff Pervocracy
“Just because there’s a lot of different kinds of people (and multiple labels for the same kind, in some cases) doesn’t make it automatically hilarious.”

No there’s not, there’s only two. Male/Female. It’s very easy to tell, one’s an innie one’s an outtie. Each has a different set of attributes as well. They think and act differently also.

Why stuff yourself into a genderless box with options that don’t exist? I’m a man, am I going to try to force myself to be more emotional, cry more easily? Of course not. Those options doesn’t exist for me. So why try to force something that’s non-existant to me? Why would I intentionally trap myself in a genderless box when it’s clear there are two genders and no one can pick and choose their gender. When ya start from the truth known as reality, you’re free. Thus the saying, “the truth shall set you free.”

aworldanonymous

I want to add something, but I feel like a noob.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@aworldanonymous:

You could always join me in snarking NWO. Speaking of which…

@NWO:

Dan Brewington? You mean this Dan Brewington? “Intemperate language” my ass, this guy called the judge a child abuser and a pervert, and is now found guilty on five counts: intimidation of a judge, two counts of intimidation, attempt to commit obstruction of justice, and perjury. Real stand-up guy, that one.

Granted, I’m not claiming to know what’s going on between the lines, but just compare the enormous difference between a news source (my link) and the Fathers and Families link you provided. Holy crap, talk about excusing abusive behavior.

Cliff Pervocracy

He also posted the judge’s home address.

That shit goes a little beyond “intemperate.”

hellkell
hellkell

NWO, what the fuck does the link you posted have to do with the OP? Jesus wept.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

kirbywarp — Tom “hard chairs are misandry” Martin was going on about that case over here — if you’d like to just quote the refutation that already happened once today.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

I can’t find any sort of third-party description of the original case where the guy lost custody, so I’m willing to bet that Fathers for Justice can’t find it either, and is just taking what the guy wrote on his blog as gospel. Shocker.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Argenti:

Cool! Looks like I found the same website as the peeps over there, actually.

jennydevildoll

Isn’t “My Little Pony” a show consisting mainly of female characters? Why would it appeal to misogynists anyway?

Help me out here, I’m biting my tongue hard enough to bleed on speculating what a “pegasister” does…

themisanthropicmuse

“No there’s not, there’s only two. Male/Female.” Even if you didn’t want to except transgendered people and such and were allowed to discount them, you would still have a problem with your claim: There are people born with sex organs of both males and females and there are people born without *any* sex organs at all. The world is not as black and white as your meager imagination.

Anathema
Anathema

@Cliff Pervocracy

You seem to be confusing sex and gender here. There’s a difference. I suppose the simplest way I can put it is that sex describes someone’s anatomy, while gender describes someone’s mind. That’s not the best explanation, but I think it captures the general idea.

So even if there were only two possible sets of genitalia that human beings could receive (and obviously there’s not — apparently NWOslave hasn’t heard of intersex people either), that still wouldn’t mean that there are only two genders.

Not that NWOslave will understand any of this anyway.

Sylocat
Sylocat

I think in most MLP fan forums, “pegasister” is mainly just used to refer to a female brony (when it’s used at all… mostly we all get lumped under the “brony” label regardless of gender).

Not sure if it means anything more specific to the MRA sect (other than, y’know, how they think a woman in general is different from a man), but even this troll doesn’t seem to confirm that.

Sylocat
Sylocat

Er, my last comment was in reply to jennydevildoll. Jeez, this thread moves fast.

Sharculese

I’m a man, am I going to try to force myself to be more emotional,

? you do nothing but where your emotions on your sleeve

aworldanonymous

@ NWO

I actually consider myself agendered. I have an autism spectrum disorder which throughout my life has impacted my relationships with people, I have always gotten along better with women than I have with men and I’ve been plagued by mild to severe social anxiety throughout the majority of my educational career up until this point. I played with barbies when I was a kid, and as I got older I still never fully identified as a man or a woman. I prefer to just consider myself a person who happens to have boy parts. I still experience the full range of emotions of a human being, and I’m getting over my social anxiety more and more every day. To be honest, I feel like a well adjusted human being, I’ve just come to the conclusion that the restrictions associated with the gender binary are a load of horseshit, and I would rather not have anything to do with them.

Sharculese

does anyone still have the PUMA PIE quote, because that is like one of my favorite bizarre owlslave attacks

Dracula
Dracula

Why stuff yourself into a genderless box with options that don’t exist?

Only someone like NWO would refer to having more options than the ones they hand you as “Stuffing yourself into a box.” Your metaphor fails, NWO.

Cliff Pervocracy

…But because I’m an “innie,” I have to force myself to cry?

Seems like some pretty harsh box-stuffing, right there.

nwoslave

@Cliff Pervocracy
” …But because I’m an “innie,” I have to force myself to cry?

Seems like some pretty harsh box-stuffing, right there.”

No, you’ll just naturally cry more readily and often and be more emotional. Why not celebrate being a woman instead of trying to be something you can’t be? Why do you place yourself in a box of options that don’t exist for you and make yourself miserable?

Pam
Pam

You mean this?

Sharculese

yes! thank you!

Myoo
Myoo

The truth will set you free… to have no options. What an incredibly dim view of humanity.

Sharculese

sometimes i think that owlslaves issue with trans* is that he thinks it’s a trial run for when the government is gonna forcibly turn him into a women

and then i remember that he’s just a weird angry bigot

so y’know, probably a little from column a and a little from column b

Cliff Pervocracy

“A box of options.” Oh NWO.

aworldanonymous

How do I block quote?

nwoslave

@Myoo
“The truth will set you free… to have no options.”

Options that don’t exist. I can never think like a woman, so I’m free of a non-existant option.
———–
@Cliff Pervocracy
“Anyway I don’t cry very much, so maybe my genitals are wrong and my crying level is correct? Seems equally as likely as the other way around.”

I don’t hate being a man, don’t hate being a woman. You’ve been told all these positive traits of being a man so you try to be them. They’re positive, “for” a man. As a woman you have different trait’s that are positive, “for” a woman.

When a man try’s to act like a woman, he fails miserably at being a woman and has lost the positive traits of being a man. The same goes for a woman. That’s the trap and falseness of the genderless box. We both fail at being like the other and thusly fail at being what we are.

Cliff Pervocracy

[blockquote]stuff[/blockquote]

But with angle brackets () not square brackets.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Oh man, NWO. Real men don’t cry? That is one of the prime examples of how limiting traditional gender roles are. Men must be emotionless bastards, (great for heroing and soldiering, bad for empathy), women can only be nurturing and frail (great for being saved and mothering, bad for doing great deeds). These are the made up limits that feminists are fighting against.

Personally I’d love to see “man” “woman” and others (don’t know the terminologies) become as important as hair color as descriptors. Just simple descriptions of what you are, not limitations and boxes on what you must be or become.

ozymandias42

You know, I was born with a vagina, I cry a lot, and I’m STILL not a girl. Funny how that works.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

[blockquote]stuff[/blockquote]

But with angle brackets () not square brackets.

<blockquote>, not parenthesis.

aworldanonymous

So what you’re saying is that gender is predetermined by sex, and that socialization has absolutely nothing to do with it?

My god man, how dense are you, I’m just out of high school and I know that genetic determinism is bullshit.

MollyRen (@MollyRen)

The reason I identify as agender, in part, is that I was *never* good at any of these “girl” things *even before I read about gender*.

D’you hear that, NWOslave? I sucked at makeup and dressing fashionably WHEN I IDENTIFIED AS A GIRL. I wanted casual sex AS A GIRL. I HAD AN OBSESSION WITH SPIDER-MAN AND COLLECTED JURRASSIC PARK DINOSAURS WHEN I WAS A KID WHO DIDN’T EVEN KNOW THE TERM “TRANS” OR “AGENDER”.

Now I’m an “innie” that wears pants with all the pockets and goes by “he” with my friends and is trying to learn about martial arts and weightlifting and I never wear makeup unless I have to. I’m a lot happier now that I only do things that make sense to my sense of self, not because I’m trying to fit some ideal in a “genderless box”.

MollyRen (@MollyRen)

I also I still cry, but only while reading fanfic. 😉

aworldanonymous

I also I still cry, but only while reading fanfic.

Goodfic or badfic?

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

aworldanonymous — “My god man, how dense are you” — I find myself asking NWO that on fairly regular basis, and will thus confirm that the answer is “pretty fucking thick”

Seriously NWO — men don’t cry? Thanks for proving how gender roles hurt everyone, if the MRM were actually a men’s rights movement y’all would acknowledge that men have feelings too and that there’s nothing wrong with showing them.

And btw, no one’s been able to guess my gender since I was in diapers (that really annoyed my mother until I was about 4, by which point she gave up trying to correct people)

tasblacksmith
tasblacksmith

NWO I’m a man and your making me weep reading your comments.
I really would like to say so much more on how wrong and ignorant you are but you seem beyond hope.

Ami Angelwings

Given how NWO has categorized me before he knew I was trans (and therefore has to consciously see me as male), it seems like I very successfully convinced Mr binarygenderboxface against his own beliefs xD Uh oh. Brain explosions.

(And srsly, you’re still here posting non stop? o_O Are you gonna be here even after this site is dead and David moves on to other things, just posting to yourself? Like an actor who can’t let go in an abandoned theatre, doing plays to himself as the audience? xD )

NWO is so dense that he’s pulled a planetoid into his orbit.

Ami Angelwings

And if he ever responds, somebody put it in the big book of learning b/c I bet it’s gonna be good 😀

Nanasha
Nanasha

For most of my young life, I was interested in video games, pretending to be a dinosaur, sports, and rough-and-tumble play with all the boys. I still identify as being female. And even though I basically lived in jeans for my whole childhood, I learned to appreciate wearing more feminine clothing (if it falls within specific parameters) as I got older. Strangely enough, I still don’t like high heels (ever), wear only the most bare amounts of make up on special occasions only, and keep my hair cut in a nice disconnected A-line that’s easy to get ready in the morning without too much fuss.

But I’m still happy with being a biological woman. There’s no “way” to be a woman or a man. It’s all about how you personally identify, and how you feel most comfortable.

I have never understood why people are so insistant on shoving people into boxes. I would never put all of my female friends into a box marked “female friend” and then treat them interchangeably, so why would we do this with gender?

Integral
Integral

NWO, if those tiny little boxes you define as male and female were true, society wouldn’t have to spend so much effort trying to police people into fitting into them.

VoIP
VoIP

NWO, we know for a fact you want to do “female” things. We’re not forcing ourselves to do shit, you’re the one forcing yourself into the man-box, where you have to do stuff you hate. This is probably why you yowl about the gender binary so much, you don’t want to let your own desires out.

Cliff:
<Dani and Ozy – I identify most with Rainbow Dash, because:

1) OMG BUTCH LITTLE PONY AWWWWW.
I also liked the episode where she gets stage fright and we see that the strong people can also be weak too sometimes but that doesn’t make them contemptible.

I also like Applejack purely because she is a pony with a ponytail and my brain can barely handle that much cute.

but…they all have ponytails…
it’s their tails….
o_O

karmarad
karmarad

I’m sorry, I don’t get any of this. Are these people fetishists? Do they have a sexual interest in horses? Should I care what their views are on feminism?

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

karmarad — bronies have a bit of a history here.

Near as I can tell though, the manboobz brony thing is mostly just that many regulars here are MLP fans — thus making MRA bronies a decent distraction from the epic stupidity that is most of the MRM.

“Are these people fetishists?” — generally just fans.

“Do they have a sexual interest in horses?” — only cartoon ones, I think.

“Should I care what their views are on feminism?” — you might want to ask that about the entire MRM (seriously, your brain may melt if you take them too seriously, between Tom Martin, Steele, and scrapemind today has been interesting, to say the least)

gd
gd

but the core group is all mares (uh… girls).

What about spike?

TheCatFromOuterSpace
TheCatFromOuterSpace

NWO sez:

Forgive this intergalactic lurking feline if he’s wrong, but isn’t NWO’s schtick “Teh menz are demonized by those darn medias, which are all controlled by the feminists they are. Who are evil, dontchaknow?”

So, who exactly is telling Cliff all of these positive manly-manly-men-like traits she should try to emulate, if our feminist ruled, nay, enslaved society hates men with the heat of a thousand suns?

MRAs are confusing.

Nanasha
Nanasha

To be fair, anything can be used for evil (EVEN CHAIRS, *COUGH TOM MARTIN COUGH*), so while I am not surprised that there are bronies who are nasty misogynist asshats, I am also incredibly happy that, as a female brony (pegasister, whatever), the overwhelming majority of my brony friends are decent, awesome people who I have become really good online friends with and it has REALLY helped me cope with losing a lot of my friends when they all moved away and I became kind of isolated because most of my IRL friends are offline people and come from that cusp of when the internet was starting to actually be a Thing.

So yeah. Bronies, in my opinion, are by and large a pretty chill group.

But there are always individuals out there who make me want to scream.

So yeah. Boo.

Shaenon

NWO, which traits are positive for a man? Which traits are positive for a woman?

Which personality traits do men have that are impossible for women to have? Which personality traits do women have that are impossible for men to have, besides the crying thing?

You’ve talked a lot about wanting to be homemaker, nanny, or housekeeper. Is it okay for a man to want these things, or are you in the wrong box for wanting them?

VoIP
VoIP

If he thought it were OK, do you think he’d yell this loud about proper gender roles, and how men are so noble for forcing themselves to work outside the home? Of course he thinks men have it worse—as far as he’s concerned, at least based on my interpretation of what he’s written, women get to do all the cool stuff. SAHMs live the life he wish he had, a life which at the same time is supposedly unimportant, shameful, and demeaning, so it’s a taboo object for him.

This doesn’t justify his WOMEN IN HEAT MEN MUST BE OBEYED arglblargl, and it certainly doesn’t justify the weird sexualization of children, but it may go some way towards explaining his rage.