antifeminism bronies creepy I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with ponies ever men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA patriarchy penises twitter

Clop clop clopping along with Epic Atheist Brony, MRA extraordinaire [UPDATE: Probably a troll.]

You remember the Men’s Rights Bronies we met not so long ago? Well, I have discovered another one, this one on Twitter! In addition to being brony and a “highly active MRA,” he is also – brace yourself for this – an atheist who loves to wear fedoras and talk in public about what he likes to do with his penis. (And they say stereotypes aren’t true.) His personal creed? “Love & tolerance.”

Anyway, his name is Epic Atheist Brony, and here’s his Twitter profile.

[NOTE: Mr. Brony seems to be a troll. See update below for details.]

Here are some recent highlights from his Twitter timeline. (Note: “clopping” is Brony slang for masturbation.)

Love & tolerance, everyone!

But you gals will have to enjoy your love & tolerance in the kitchen, while the clearly superior Epic Atheist Brony whacks it to cartoon ponies and tweets about which cartoon ponies his penis likes the most.

UPDATE: It seems likely that Mr. Brony is a troll/Poe. “His” original Twitter profile pic was a photo of a guy in a fedora, supposedly him. Trouble is, the actual guy in the pic stepped forward and explicitly denied being Mr. Brony (and, for that matter, being a “sexist fucktarded meme-spewing Redditor.”) Here’s the pic the real fedora-wearing dude posted as evidence. Thanks to @mister_smiley on Twitter for the link.

PsychoDan
PsychoDan

I’m not super confident in it, but I’m kind of sensing a Poe here. It’s just all a little too much.

I’m not into the ponies enough to call myself a brony, but my girlfriend is, so I get exposed to a decent amount of it. Our daughter is getting a lot of pony stuff as a result too. She’s not old enough to do much more than try to eat the ponies, but I hope they’re still around when she gets older. They’re the kind of female characters I’d like her to see.

On the other hand, I’m an unabashed fan of Legend of Korra. That’s some seriously amazing kids’ tv.

Karalora
Karalora

I definitely identify the most with Twilight Sparkle, and yes, Drac, her home is absolutely the best one of the bunch. THEORY: The books are printed on paper that was made using the wood they carved out of the tree in order to turn it into a hollow structure suitable for residency. And book storage.

cloudiah

I’m glad that I’m not the only person whose reaction to the word “clopping” as a substitute for masturbation was, “Ouch, hooves?!?!” But that is just my personal reaction, and not meant to shame anyone. People can masturbate to cartoons if they want, Garvan, but if they tweet about it, and are ridiculously misogynistic and mock-worthy for a whole host of other reasons, we get to mock them for it.

Cliff Pervocracy

PsychoDan – Thing about Poes here is: If you spend a lot of time pretending to hate women because you want to upset and anger women–you just might hate women for real.

Whether or not he hates women in the specific ways he claims, he’s a misogynist either way.

Tabby Lavalamp

That depends on if that’s his goal. I’ve done more than my share of parody of hateful, and my goal was to mock those who might think I was making some good points.

ithiliana

@David: Eh, I’m with Pecunium on the idea that a “fake” troll is still a troll–that is, he’s spending all that time and energy putting that shit out and performing it, apparently for quite a long time, at great length–I don’t give a single flying fuck whether it’s “real” or not–it’s real for all intents and purposes, i.e. it’s out there on the internet doing its thing–no matter what he “intends.”

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

I didn’t make the clopping -> hooves -> ouch connection until it was mentioned, but now, ouch..

jumbofisch

Could be real sadly….

aworldanonymous

@ Cloudiah

The main reason a lot of the MLP fandom doesn’t like clop is because of the bestiality element, not so much the cartoon thing.

jumbofisch

It’s like with furries, there are the ones who just like anthro art, and then there are the ones who are into crazy fetish-laced yiff fiction, and/or animal supremacy ideals. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but it helps to illustrate that fandoms draw all varieties of people.

Oh those “crazy” people with fetishes freaks amirite?

Also animal supremacy???? O_o

aworldanonymous

Also as an afterthought, am I the only one who thinks that Steele might be a Poe? It’s just that he kept stating the fact that he’s an MRA over and over and over again, as if he was trying to remind himself of his role.

aworldanonymous

Sorry for the wording, I probably should have used something a little more politically correct, I’m fresh out of high school and I need to get used to not using offensive language again. I do sincerely apologize beforehand for any shitlordery I may accidentally slip from now on.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Also as an afterthought, am I the only one who thinks that Steele might be a Poe?”

He’d be the first Poe ever to go 10 hours nearly non-stop.

And I’m thirding that thought that a “fake” troll is no better than a “real” troll.

Dracula
Dracula

No, I think that was Steele compensating for his failure at logic. It’s the inverse of his “You are feminists, therefore you think this.” routine.

jumbofisch

uhhh did you miss where I objected to the random hatred of furries….

People have different fetishes. Get over it.

Cliff Pervocracy

I think he might be a Poe, but he’s not a subversive feminist Poe. (If he is, he’s way too damn subtle for me.) He’s a “I’ll attack women by pretending to attack women!” Poe.

Sylocat
Sylocat

It just seems a little too *blatant* to be a non-Poe.

Not to say that there aren’t plenty of men who really do think that women’s only function is to take care of children and the household and go make me a sammich beyotch &c. (heck, this site showcases them daily), and I’m well aware there are plenty of self-professed MLP fans who completely miss the point of the show (although note the number of Bronies standing against this doucheBeck even on Twitter), but… it’s too much of a checklist, of every negative stereotype about bronies, atheists and MRAs, delivered in such a clichéd look-at-me manner… I’m reminded of that School Shooter Mod thing.

I’m willing to accept this is a troll, but if so, a very dedicated one, willing to get into arguments on Twitter with people who disagree with “his” “opinions.”

And this is surprising? Trolls love reactions, and they love stringing out anyone gullible enough to think they can be reasoned with. It’s what they feed on.

Sara
Sara

Ok, I’m starting to think that these mra’s just like to upset people and argue because no one could talk out of both sides of his mouth at this alarming rate.

If a woman is not spitefully working a job then the only alternative is to be dependent on a man: neither of which are acceptable scenarios in mra land. I guess women have been stripped of their humanity to the point that I guess we don’t even need to eat!

Joven
Joven

I also have it on good authority that the picture in his current profile is, in fact, not his real picture either.

Kyrie
Kyrie

IMO, a ‘real’ Poe would be something like The Onion, writing stupid things that everybody (most people) will (or at least can, if they try) know is false, but because it’s hard to be more over the top than extremists, it is regularly confused with the real deal. Christwire is another one. Or, to stay closer to the topic, if the Epic Brony Atheist reveal himself as fake and opposed to all this misogyny, he could qualify as a ‘real’ poe.
Pending that, he might be emphatic to troll more, but that’s not exactly impressive.

Kyrie
Kyrie

*late*

aworldanonymous

@ jumbofisch

I never meant to come across as hating furries, I have friends who are furries, I was referring to the more unique things that I’ve seen paired with yiff imagery when I said crazy. I’ve got nothing against it, I just personally don’t have an interest in it.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

aworldanonymous — re: “crazy” — please read this andthis. (Actually, you might want to dig through the FWD archives in general)

And maybe just go with “there are extremists in every subculture” next time.

LeftWingFox
LeftWingFox

The actual show is excellent; great writing, strong diverse characters, actual consistency in the storytelling and fucking amazing animation. It’s a well done cartoon show that just happens to be female dominated, and treat feminine interests, pursuits, designs and pastimes as every bit as awesome and worthy as respect as masculine ones.

I was thrilled to see that guys were able to recognize the show as excellent. I’ve been considerably less thrilled to see such a huge chunk of that fandom so spectacularly miss the point, and try to “reclaim” it for the bros.

(As for the furry fandom and rule 34… well, that was pretty much inevitable.)

Hershele Ostropoler

I don’t think Poe is quite the same as troll. A Poe, it seems to me, is mocking what it imitates; trying to rile people up is trolling.

Cliff:

All of them come in both genders

I’d normally leave this alone so as not to be self-righteous, but as the late William Safire(‘s correspondants) would say, you of all people…

(And now that my teeth are on edge, I can’t enjoy this delicious cookie I just got)

Viscaria:

I suppose what I’m really uncomfortable with is certain parts of the fandom sexualizing the hell out of a show that’s intended for little girls.

If the intended audience is little girls (and, as you said, these people behave themselves) I guess it’s fine, over there; if the characters are kids, no.

Tabby:

That … actually explains a lot about the likes of S*mon who come here all “I abase myself before thee, O great Goddess-Women; I am unworthy, for I am cursed with maleness” and go on to say all sorts of ridiculous bullshit.

pillowinhell

I admit it! I’m sooo spiteful that I got a job and moved out on my own just to stop forcing my Dad to support me!!

I’m terrible, I know. I’ve been doing this to him for twenty years now…

Cliff Pervocracy

Well, canon Equestria seems pretty binary.

I should’ve said “fans of all genders,” though.

nwoslave

If you’re a divorced man, this is the treatment you’ll recieve in the court of womens law.

aworldanonymous

I’d actually been made aware that crazy is an ableist term, I suppose I forgot that in the moment. Again, my sincerest apologies, and I will try my hardest to refrain from using such language in the future.

Sharculese

There a reason you’re still here, Ruby?

if she doesnt show up to state the trite and obvious, who will?

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“if she doesnt show up to state the trite and obvious, who will?”

I was going to say scrapemind, eurosabra, Steele, NWO, etc, but yeah, Ruby generally sticks to trite instead of disgusting at least. (Generally, “prison rape is hilarious” obviously excluded.)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Well, Ruby is unique in being the only person who combines trite and disgusting with “thinks she’s a feminist”.

scrapemind

I’m glad I don’t have to live up to anyone’s expectations of remembering to mention non-binary genders every time I mention men and women.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

scrapemind? You might want to see the other thread on that.

Cliff Pervocracy

Yeah, we pretty much expect you to be flamingly transphobic at this point.

…congratulations?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Epic Atheist Brony, slandering the name of Atheists, Bronies, and epic things everywhere. -_-

ozymandias42

Cliff: Ponies with Ponytails: http://royalcanterlotvoice.tumblr.com/post/24355944395/ponies-with-ponytails-by-jennieoo

Scrapemind: Well I’m glad I don’t have to live up to anyone’s expectations of being an asshole.

scrapemind

All the world’s a stage, and all the men, women, neutrois people, androgynes, genderfluid people, agender people, bigender people, thirdgender people, two-spirit people, kathoeys, hijras, intersex people, nongendered people, and genderless people merely players.

Cliff Pervocracy

Ozy – ZOMG SQUEE

Cliff Pervocracy

You can say “people,” you know.

Just because there’s a lot of different kinds of people (and multiple labels for the same kind, in some cases) doesn’t make it automatically hilarious.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

I think Shakespeare may’ve just rolled in his grave at that.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Cliff:

It took the longest time to move from “men” to “people,” with plenty of people mocking how long it would take to have to say “men and women” or “he/she” etc. Hardly surprising that scrapemind’s got the exact same complaint about having* to recognize other people’s existence.

* Nobody has to do anything, Scrapemind, but also nobody’s required to give still give you cookies if you don’t decide to do the thing.

ozymandias42

“People.” “They.” It’s so simple, really.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

“give still give” kirbywarp? Really? I gotta get a handle on this typo thing…

Snowy
Snowy

Poor put upon Scrapetroll. Doesn’t anyone understaaaand how difficult it is not to be a total jackass all the time?

Hershele Ostropoler

Cliff, I think my efforts to desmug that were too little too late; if you knew you were saying it I didn’t mean to second-guess your reasons for doing so. I don’t want to be the MBZ Good Folk Language Police (I don’t mind language policing the trolls, though it’s a bit Augean stables)