a voice for men antifeminism misogyny MRA rape rapey reactionary bullshit terrorism threats

Norwegian Men’s Rights Activist blogger Eivind Berge arrested for death threats against police [UPDATE 3]

Eivind Berge and police

Norwegian Men’s Rights Activist blogger Eivind Berge, known for his violent rhetoric and rape apologia, has been arrested for death threats against police.

Not too surprising, given that he once announced on his blog that “[k]illing at least one cop is on my bucket list.”

Here are some Google-translated details from a news account here:

The right-wing extremist and anti-feminist blogger Eivind Berge has been arrested for having encouraged and glorified the killing of policemen. The police have found both ammunition and textbooks in use of explosives at Berge.

The police regard the threats as an invitation to others to kill police officers, but also feared that he would commit the acts themselves shortly.

He was evidently arrested on Wednesday. According to this story — at least as far as I can tell from the obviously crude Google translation — he made a specific threat to kill a police officer this Saturday:

Berge also writes about how he was planning to attack a policeman with a knife on a Saturday evening:

“Then I used the trial to come forward as a good example for men, and I considered it to be worth 21 years in prison for premeditated murder.”

According to this account, Berge is being held for two weeks. He claims innocence.

Berge, as readers of this blog may well already know, is a fan of right-wing terrorist and mass murderer Anders Brevik. On his blog, he’s also argued (among other things) that “Rape is Equality.”

He’s glorified the murder of police on his blog numerous times.

Some examples, taken from the second news account:

“… attack on the police is something 100% in harmony with everything I stand for.”

“I maintain that police murder is both ethically and tactically correct.”

Some other examples, direct from his blog (each paragraph is from a separate post; click on the quote for the source):

If ever a victim of psychiatry, here is what I would do. I would first attempt to kill the cops or whoever tried to apprehend me. Failing that, I would feign docility in order to get out as soon as possible and then kill a representative of the industry as revenge. … killing cops is also very much a men’s issue. Every pig killed is also a blow against feminism, so men should be doubly elated whenever an officer goes down in the line of encroaching on our cognitive liberty.

[I]f you are a victim of psychiatry, it is probably in your best interest (as well as a publicly beneficial act of activism) to kill a guard or cop in order to get a fair public trial and possibly escape treatment before it ruins your health completely.

Rather than cowering in fear of the police, I assumed a warrior mentality and started hating law enforcement. I really, really wanted to hurt those responsible for enacting and enforcing feminist sex law.

This was his reaction to a news story about a police officer being killed:

Good news for men is rare in this hateful feminist utopia that is Norway, but today is a joyous day! Today I feel schadenfreude in my heart along with all the hate that feminism and resultant mate deprivation have instilled in me. One blue thug less on the streets.

From another post on the same subject:

The swine Olav Kildal died while trying to enforce our lack of cognitive liberty. This was a defensive, much deserved killing that cheered me up.

Here he threatens a female prosecutor:

To feminist prosecutor Anne Cathrine Aga I have the following message: The Men’s Movement is watching you, bitch, and we are seething with hatred against you personally and the police state you represent. Actions have consequences. Trials are still (mostly) public and they sink into our collective minds, where they form the basis of future activism. Hate breeds hate — that is a fact of life too smugly ignored by feminists. …

2011 is the year Norwegian men as a group emerged out of the blogosphere and into the battlefield. This in turn has led to a breakthrough for MRAs such as my good self in the public discourse, probably for the simple reason that the powers that be now realize ignoring us has deadly consequences. Men are angry now, and we have proven that we are deathly serious about resisting feminism. So the feminist prosecutors referred to above ought to wipe that smug look off their faces before it is too late. Clearly seventy-seven body bags wasn’t enough, but I am fairly confident that you will be sorry one day.

Aside from the explicit threats of violence, the violent and threatening rhetoric here is not unlike much of the rhetoric we see regularly on A Voice for Men and other MRA sites. AVFM founder Paul Elam, for example, told one feminist that:

I find you so pernicious and repugnant that the idea of fucking your shit up gives me an erection. … We are coming for you.

The blogger Emma the Emo, Berge’s girlfriend, has posted comments here in the past defending him. The news account quotes someone identified as Nataliya Kochergova, described as his girlfriend; I assume this is “Emma,” because what she told the media is similar to what she posted here. She of course denies that he planned any real violence. According to the article, she said:

There are not really threats. He has never had plans to kill someone, he has said several times in his blog. When for example, he says that “the police killings are an effective way to prevent stupid laws,” it’s a factual description and not a threat. Even those who love the police agree with it.

Berge, for his part, has stated publicly that if he had not met Emma, he probably would have killed by now:

At the time I wrote my last blog post, I believed I would probably become Norway’s first modern violent activist in peacetime. Celibacy enforced by a feminist regime had driven me to the point where I saw no other option. I would target the pigs who enforce feminist law, knowing I could realistically at least kill one of them before I would be captured or killed myself. Thus revenge would be assured and if I lived, my reputation as a violent criminal would make me attractive to some women. But then in the nick of time this blog attracted a lovely girl commenting as “Emma.”

This is why I take violent rhetoric from MRAs very seriously.

Meanwhile, on this side of the Atlantic, MRAs glorify MRA “martyr” Thomas Ball, who killed himself on the steps of a New Hampshire courthouse last year in hopes that his death would inspire MRAs to literally burn down courthouses and police stations.

Ball’s manifesto is still up on A Voice for Men in its “activism” section, including these passages:

So boys, we need to start burning down police stations and courthouses. … This is too important to be using that touchy- feeling coaching that is so popular with business these days. You need to flatten them, like Wile E. Coyote. They need to be taught never to replace the rule of law. BURN-THEM-OUT!

Most of the police stations built in New England over the last 20 years are stone or brick. Fortunately, the roofs are still wood. The advantage of fire on the roof is that it is above the sprinklers

AVFM tastefully omitted Ball’s specific instructions on how to make Molotov cocktails, but left this in:

There will be some casualties in this war. Some killed, some wounded, some captured. Some of them will be theirs. Some of the casualties will be ours.

For many more examples of violent threatening rhetoric from MRAs, I urge you to go through some of my posts here and  here.

1.6K Comments
Cliff Pervocracy

I PMed you a zip file full of his horrible pro-rape stuff, David, but here’s one that’s especially relevant:

For this reason [hiring sex workers being illegal], I viscerally despise cops and wish them the worst. Killing at least one cop is on my bucket list.

nwoslave

Let’s all cheer the police state. We’ve got one right here as well. The NDAA signed in the middle of the night must have been like a cool drink of water on a hot day to you ladies.

Cliff Pervocracy

Aw heck, while we’re at it, here’s a whole Imgur album of some of Elvind’s greatest hits:

lauralot89

Horrifying. As are his vile girlfriend’s attempts to justify it.

ragefromthebasement

What a sick fuck. How are MRAs going to spin this?

Cliff Pervocracy

How are MRAs going to spin this?

A lot of vague “okay, it’s a real war NOW” yelling that actually means “we’re going to troll the Internet slightly more intensely for a couple days,” because fortunately that is the war-iest thing most of them know how to do.

Also a lot of complaints that women can threaten men (by, for instance, participating in a fictional production in which fictional men are threatened by fictional women) and get away with it, and that’s no fair! Fair would be if women went to jail for threats and men didn’t.

Sharculese

How are MRAs going to spin this?

“nuh uh, youre lying”

or

‘but what about the real criminals, the false rape accusers’

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

Cliff: You forgot the total silence we’re likely to see from the people who constantly tell us “the MRM isn’t all bad!”

Is it time for another round of Bet on MRAs?

Sharculese

this is fucking stupid

Cliff Pervocracy

I might be getting my shieldmaidens mixed up here, but didn’t Emma the Emo say some pretty sad stuff about her boyfriend basically abusing her and how she put up with it because she was a Good Woman who Knew Her Place? Like about how she knew it was her job not to have too much self-esteem, because self-hatred was the only way to forestall her hypergamous slut instincts taking over?

If that was her, I really hope that Elvind’s time in jail gives her a chance to clear her head and get out of that mindset.

Freitag
Freitag

How are MRAs going to spin this?

“Well, you can only push MEN so far before they fight back, blabbity blab it’s about time REAL MEN stood up for themselves blabbity blah blah blah.”

AlexB
AlexB

Cliff Pervocracy

AlexB – They’re in Norway, so people there having Eastern European names is even less indicative than it is here. I don’t think there’s reason to assume she’s a mail-order-bride, especially as she seems to be not just putting up with him but spewing plenty of her own MRA garbage. Plus according to him they met through the blog.

…Also, geez, lots of people are Eastern European and aren’t mail-order brides, that’s kind of a weird assumption.

Steele
Steele

This man is no MRA.

Cliff Pervocracy

This man is no MRA.

Oh man, nobody called that in the pool yet!

We’re going to have to split the pot and re-ante, I guess.

Freitag
Freitag

OK, I made it through a few paragraphs of the “rape is equality” thing before I had to reach for the brain-bleach. I see he’s another of the strange group that considers sex to be a financial transaction instead of happyfuntime. This mindset seems pretty common among MRAs. I don’t understand it, but it really fucks up their ideas of male/female relationships. If you think sex is money, then it would follow that you’d think of women as prostitutes and and not worthy of respect. A very twisted way of looking at things.

AlexB
AlexB

It’s that she has an Eastern European name and he’s an MRA that made me think that. at that. You know, the combination of the two things. But it sounds like it isn’t the case, so– at least that’s slightly less horrifying, then.

(Also, you’re obviously much better informed about the demographic makeup of Norway than I am.)

Steele
Steele

Whether or not “nobody called it yet”, it’s still the truth. Anyone who would threaten police officers is no true MRA. This man may hold certain MRA views, but he is also fundamentally at odds with the principles of nonviolence woven into the movement. It’s an oxymoron, just as you might claim a pro-life feminist is.

Cliff Pervocracy

Anyone who would threaten police officers is no true MRA.

And not a real Scotsman, either!

Dude, you’re doing it wrong. Say this guy is an embarrassment to MRAs. Say he’s a radical MRA and you’re not all like that. Say that, hey, “MRA” is a big group and there are some bad actors there. (Maybe even throw in that you, in fact, disapprove of what he did, and not just of the fact that he got caught.)

But don’t just say “anyone who makes us look bad isn’t an MRA, therefore it is logically impossible for us to ever look bad.”

Polliwog
Polliwog

Clearly seventy-seven body bags wasn’t enough

Well, this will definitely get the Norwegian public on his side.

By which I mean, well, this will definitely make the overwhelming majority of the Norwegian public want to punch him in the face.

pangea

It’s too bad that even a peaceful nation such as Norway isn’t free of these hateful bozos.

themisanthropicmuse

Thank goodness the cops are finally onto that guy. I remember reading that guy’s blog and it being crystal clear that this guy was seriously disturbed and a danger to others. I think if he continued on the path he was going he would have ended up doing something pretty awful sooner or later.

Cliff Pervocracy

Oh yeah, NDAA, that’s that Norwegian law that makes it illegal to threaten police officers, right.

(Honestly I would love to hear Slavey explain what he thinks NDAA is. It would be like those shows where they ask kindergartners to explain what fire is made of.)

Sharculese

wow, it sure is convenient how you had that excuse available. you might have had to do some work otherwise…

Kyrie
Kyrie

“That’s really upsetting. Also maybe it’s a harmful stereotype(?) but given that she has an Eastern European name and he is an MRA it’s hard not to think it must have been some kind of mail order bride situation. God knows what she’s been through, but I hope she’ll be OK.”

Having talked with her a bit (on Manboobz), she’s not someone I care for, at all. Beside standing by Berge, she’s told some pretty bad things.
And given the distance between Norway and Eastern Europe, mail order Bride wouldn’t be my first guess.

“But then in the nick of time this blog attracted a lovely girl commenting as “Emma.”
It looks like they met trough his blog.

themisanthropicmuse

Just look at some of the gems from his blog:

“Involuntary celibacy is living death for a man. It is no life and eventually there is a breaking point. Just look what happened to George Sodini, who is now a martyr and hero to the men’s movement and an example the feminists will have to heed. I would snap well before he did, probably at between 2 and 3 years. I have been very, very close to that point. I recommend rape rather than murder, of course, unless you want to make a statement like he did. Kudos to Sodini, but I am not that altruistic.”

“Affirmative action for women means we can rape them without feeling a shred of remorse.”

“involuntary celibacy is indeed every bit as bad as rape in terms of psychological suffering”

It destroys me inside to know such people actually exist that are as vile as this.

Kyrie
Kyrie

It makes me happy that he’s arrested. Hopefully for some times/

kit
kit

This is like Marc Lepine or some shit. Ugh.

Zanana
Zanana

obviously this dude is way beyond help, but for MRAs just getting started on their careers of outrage about transactional sex, I wonder if it would clarify things at all for them to know that female incels also exist. I was a female incel all through college and for a few years after. Contrary to popular MRA belief, as a woman, you cannot just walk up to the vast majority of men, pull on their pants and demand sex. The men get creeped out.
The point I’m trying to make is that sex is not a resource that women just *have*. Or hold onto in order to trade. Sex is something fun in its own right that people can create together when they get past each others’ creep-dars.

KathleenB
KathleenB

I don’t know much about the Norwegian lawmaking system, but how the fuck is killing police going to stop bad laws? Do police make laws in the first place?

Noadi
Noadi

The thing is, guys who are this obsessed about having sex with women and see it as transactional see sex as a form of validation more than a fun release of sexual energy shared between people. If women aren’t giving them sex then in their view they are being treated as less worthy than men who are having sex and they blame women for this instead of their own fucked up views on why people have sex. They just don’t get that some people have sex because they like each other and not because the woman is rewarding the man for giving her money/gifts/dinner/etc.

earthfae

I remember this dude on FSTDT. He cane over there to ‘defend’ his rape apologism

Cliff Pervocracy

Which is sad, because sex with someone you like is so much better.

hellkell
hellkell

For all his talk, he went quietly enough.

I thought the MRM was all non-violent and moderate and shit. Whoops.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Oh damn… And when I read about the bet I was gonna call “they’ll just say he wasn’t an MRA, or at least an extreme kook who doesn’t represent the movement as a whole.”

If only I had checked up on this post sooner.

hellkell
hellkell

NWO, if we have such a police state, why are you still free and able to post here? Shouldn’t you be on the run?

Wetherby
Wetherby

When news first broke last summer about a killing spree in Norway, my immediate thought was that it was Eivind Berge. And I wasn’t the least bit surprised to discover that he turned out to be a huge fan of Anders Behring Breivik – he backpedalled over successive weeks, but his initial near-ecstatic enthusiasm spoke for itself.

Frankly, I’m amazed that the police didn’t step in sooner – he’s been posting pretty explicit death threats for years now. And when you cross that line, free speech becomes somewhat moot.

nwoslave

“Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.”

The government, (police) should have a healthy fear of the people, not the other way around. Women being weak will always side with the direction of the herd for provision and protection. Which is why a womans truth simply follows the herd as well. When hard labor was all there was in the way of employment a woman’s truth was to stay at home, women had no intention of being inconvenienced. With all the easy labor in the modern world her truth has changed. When christainity was convenient for her it was her truth, now that it’s served it’s pupose her truth lies elsewhere. When being gay wasn’t considered acceptable, women didn’t accept it. When being trans was unheard of women were appalled. A womans truth is merely the opinion of the herd. The State protects and provides, so the whatever the state says is a womans truth. Women are weak of body, mind and spirit, which is why any civilization relying on women’s opinion as truth is weak in body, mind and spirit and doomed to fall.

hellkell
hellkell

NWO, you and I both know that hard labor wasn’t all there was in the way of employment, ever. Stop the pity party.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

nwoslave

@Zanana
“Contrary to popular MRA belief, as a woman, you cannot just walk up to the vast majority of men, pull on their pants and demand sex. The men get creeped out.
The point I’m trying to make is that sex is not a resource that women just *have*.”

You don’t have to go up and pull a mans pants down, all you have to do is say your willing to have sex. You have that resource.

themisanthropicmuse

“The State protects and provides, so the whatever the state says is a womans truth.” I would reply to this right here and but I haven’t gotten a phone call back from my master called “the State” yet telling me which retort to use. Seriously, do people actually believe this shit with an IQ higher than 80?

nwoslave

@Cliff Pervocracy
“Noadi – Yeah, the actual sex seems really unimportant to the guys with the transactional mindset. I get the feeling that it doesn’t actually feel much better to them than wanking. It’s all about the symbolism of “I am the sort of person to whom sex is given.”

The sex is quite important as you well know. Just as you know it’s a power women hold over men. Men have physical and intellectual power overn women, women have sexual and reproductive power over men. Why do you continue to deny the obvious? Does the herd say this is your new truth?

Cliff Pervocracy

“Fear” as in “fear of having the people dismantle their power structure.” Not “fear” as in “fear of one guy coming at them with some homemade bombs.”

How do you expect that to even work? This guy is just going to kill enough cops that the government decides to not have laws anymore?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@hellkell:

For all his talk, he went quietly enough.

This is kind of a scary observation in the context of this:

“… Failing that, I would feign docility in order to get out as soon as possible and then kill a representative of the industry as revenge. …”

@NWO:

Wow… Ok, police should not be in fear of the people. That’s how violence happens. That’s how police manage to justify pepper-spraying a line of protestors who are basically just sitting still, and how some cops will overreact to a person based on various prejudices. You’re just plain wrong here.

Zanana
Zanana

obviously there’s lots of women still into christianity, and lots of atheist women. and lots of men into christianity and lots of atheist men. and there are other religions. lots of men were and are appalled about trans people and gay people. lots of men are trans, or gay, or allies. if there were only one woman holding all these positions, she’d be a flip-flopper indeed, but there’s lots of women with lots of positions. just like all men aren’t MRAs who make sweeping oversimplifying condemnations of half the population.

hellkell
hellkell

Shit, Kirby, I missed that. That is creepy.

Quackers
Quackers

Oh shut the fuck up Steele you predictable piece of shit. I’m so sick of you MRAs denying the violent and misogynistic rhetoric in your little hate movement. Deny, deny, deny….thats all you ever do. Meanwhile you still obsess over dead feminists who are supposedly influencing our society too. Well guess what? No feminist killed for their cause. No, not even oogie boogie Solanas, the nut that she was, shot warhol over a dispute over her script. Meanwhile who killed because of their hate of feminism and women having too much freedom? Mark Lepine, George Sodini, Andres Breivik and now this freak. Which movement made a martyr of a man who smacked his daughter in the mouth so hard that she bled, who advocated violence and who killed himself? The MRM that’s who.

Fuck MRAs. You make me sick, because you deny this and refuse to call it out. You refuse to call out misogyny. You refuse to look as women as human beings rather that tarnish us all as brainless, money hungry status seeking and soulless monsters, then wonder why we want nothing to do with you. I’ve maybe come across 5 MRAs who blandly said to drop the misogyny and they were random nobodies on reddit. You need to do better than that.because its really not looking good for the MRM right now.

1 2 3 33