$MONEY$ a voice for men antifeminism disgusting women evil women grandiosity matriarchy men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men worst writing in the history of the universe

MGTOWer: most women are “shined, shaven social-succubi … desirous of everything and deserving of nothing.”

Shined, shaved and delivered

Oh, joy! A Voice for Men has now published what is possibly the most ridiculous thing ever written by a human being. Here, from an article titled MGTOW re-understood, is what some dude named Russ Lindquist calls his “ode of MGTOW.”

When in the course of widespread misandrist tyranny, it becomes necessary for men to dissolve the social solder, and reverse the spiritual mutilation which has stuck and imperiled them, so inequitably, to the whines and whims of women. These men must, perhaps, reinvent the wheel of free-association.

Oh MRA dudes, don’t even try to write fancy. Clearly, you can’t handle fancy.

Let it be clear that a man has a right to go his on way. Therefore, let modern men acknowledge and accept – as tearfully as they might – that far too many women, for far too long, have far too well assumed the role of nothing but shined, shaven social-succubi who reflect all of mens vices yet none of mens virtue. Further, these succubi (desirous of everything and deserving of nothing) can offer men nothing but the role of a masochistic self-indentured-servant: he is to work a job he hates; he is to earn money that she spends; he is to live far less comfortably; he is to die far sooner.

A big shout-out to all the “shined, shaven social-succubi” reading this now!

Let each man reject this poisonously pink proposition; let each man end, in whatever way he sees fit, the misandrist fem-anesthetization that is, now, generations old; let each man choose, instead, to live a life of self-direction, self-control, self-reliance and personal responsibility–even if such self-respect means that he must wholly abandon such soul-striping social roles as, for example, womyn’s unpaid bodyguard, womyn’s unpaid moving-company, womyn’s unpaid therapist, womyn’s unpaid accountant, womyn’s financial-lust-object.

I’m sorry, I only made it about a third of the way  through this paragraph. I’m sort of stuck on “misandrist fem-anesthetization.”

Men deserve better than these “womyn” are offering. Men have a right to go their own way.

Cliff Pervocracy

I was going to write translations of those quotes, but honestly I got the same thing for all 4:

“If you don’t like women you don’t have to marry one.”

Cliff Pervocracy

Also, I’m sort of sad about what’s happened to “womyn.” Between transphobes co-opting it for “womyn born womyn” and misogynists laughing at “ha ha, that’s not a real word,” it’s become this laughingstock when it’s actually not a terrible idea.

Women aren’t just modified men, and we could use some words that aren’t just modifications of male words. (Yes, I know that historically “man” was gender-neutral, but it’s not now and that’s more important.) Being called something besides woMAN and feMALE would be kinda nice. But apparently it’s just too hilarious to take seriously.

I guess there’s always “lady.”

hellkell
hellkell

I thought it was “ode to” not “ode of.”

Florid, overblown, and not making sense: your typical MRM screed.

hellkell
hellkell

Sure, men have the right to GTOW. Thy don’t realize that no one is stopping them from going, do they?

ithiliana
ithiliana

Poor dudez–all tarted geared up to stride manfully into the VIRGIN wilderness when suddenly a shiny sinuous seductive succubus strikeforce drags them back fot shagging………in their dreams!!!!

Podkayne

Shorter post: any human male who wishes, of his own volition, to be involved sexually with a woman is a) paying too much for the privilege but also b) WANTING A WRONG THING BECAUSE WHAT IS THE USE.

What I can never get over in such MRA discussions is that sex-as-transaction is set right out there. No need to tease it out, no need to -infer- it from ideas like “If you let him pay for dinner you’ll owe him something later”, it is straight out. The woman’s personality is simply the price tag on the vagina-menu that keeps a guy from having too many helpings.

As a teenager I was horrified by what I uncovered by listening to people go on about how long you HAVE to date her before she HAS to put out, what the correct gifts to give to get laid were (the corollary being what the right gifts to RECEIVE were). I was horrified that anyone could believe that dating me, dating anyone, was automatically a chore performed against a sex payment. This horror kept me single, and banging one-night stands, for years. I had vaguely assumed that this mentality evolved and disappeared in grown-ups, actually.

Molly moon
Molly moon

Have any mgtow tried to explain why they haven’t gtow yet? If they ever do, do you think the reason will be self-contradictory? Oooh I just bet it will be!

Polliwog
Polliwog

Oh god, I love it when they try to sound smart. It’s like watching a toddler play dress-up in grown-up clothes.

Guy Noir
Guy Noir

Comments from the Quote Mining post a few days ago apply to this post too:

Ugh said, “Is it just me or is that writing style super common to pretty much all bigots?”

Shaenon replied, “It’s a style common to people trying way too hard to sound educated. Or, as the old line goes, it’s ‘a dumb person’s idea of a smart person.'”

Fembot said, “Yeah, JtO’s writing style is all about posturing, using fancy language to conceal the fact that nothing he says has any substance. If he sounds super smart, people will just take what he’s saying for truth, without him having to establish a logical foundation. If he wrote in a straight forward manner, everyone would see that all he has to offer is mysognistic nonsense.”

Ithiliana said, “Good clear simple to understand direct writing is some of the hardest to write–obfuscatory mashes of bullshit are easy!”

rodafowa

The lesson here: if you alliterate enough that’s BASICALLY the same thing as logic.

Cliff Pervocracy

The closest they ever seem to get is:

A) Claiming that feminists/women will tell them they’re not a “real man” if they don’t get married. It’s amazing how much of MRA “why we can’t actually have any activism in our activism” excuses are based in the premise that it’s impossible to act if anyone anywhere says any meeeeean words about you.

B) Complaining that they can’t get laid if they don’t get married. Because apparently finding someone to marry you is easier than finding someone for a one-night stand, who knew.

The real answer, of course, is that taking your ball and going home is no fun unless you can yell “I’M TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME” real loud a bunch of times.

Molly moon
Molly moon

@Cliff

I buy it. They could change their name to Men Grousing Their Obnoxious Way. Maybe then I would stop thinking about mras every time I listen to The Trial by Pink Floyd.

captainbathrobe

Why do they hate the English language so much? Why?

Also, if a Man Goes His Own Way and nobody notices, does he still whine about it?

nwoslave

@Dave
“Please, please, please just GO already. Don’t tantalize us like this, you Men Going Their Own Way! JUST GO.”

Dave, going their own way doesn’t mean going away. Just like our founding fathers went their own way to destroy an oppressive power structure. Once again, the oppressive power structure needs to be destroyed.

Freitag
Freitag

If a man GHOW and doesn’t whine about it, does it still count as GHOW?

Snowy
Snowy

I think Poisonously Pink Proposition would be a great name for a band.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

I read the picture caption before the title and now I can’t stop reading everything in a Sean Connery voice.

Shadow
Shadow

Oh the alliteration. Such horrible, horrible alliteration!!! *shudders*

nedbeaumontjr

It looks like the succubus is flipping me off AND THAT’S MISANDRY.

Aeryl
Aeryl

Thomas Jefferson called and he wants his declaration back.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

If he wants to do all of the grocery shopping, he can do that. That way, he’ll never have to suffer from a woman spending the money from his paycheck on silly stuff like “bread” or “milk”. Oh the misandry of it all!

Fun fact: Women never work at jobs they hate, and men never spend money earned by women. Any evidence to the contrary is manufactured by the CIA and Gloria Steinem, or lizard people from another galaxy, one of the two.

In the comments section, Skeptic said

For unlike my generation of men they haven’t been so thoroughly inculcated with a diet of blue pills, or if so at least had access to counter-prevailing red pill messages far more readily than the desperate men’s issues back street bookshop hunting and hushed conversations I used to have with the very few other men I knew who had escaped the mental plantation.

Yeah, he thinks that coexisting with women is exactly the same as living in a “mental plantation”. I’m not “quote mining” here either. He made this statement outright.

Vanessa Emma Goldman
Vanessa Emma Goldman

so much to snark about here. the ridiculous alliteration and attempts to sound like the Declaration of Independence. and yes, the continued refusal and/or inability of these bozos to actually DO what they say they want to do, and GO THEIR OWN WAY! go, get lost, leave the rest of us to live our lives in peace.

TheNatFantastic

“Let it be clear that a man has a right to go his on way.”

NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU.

Seconding what Cliff said about the word ‘womyn’, it would be nice to have a word that wasn’t a modified version on ‘man’, but that would be denying that ‘male’ is the special snowflake of all genders and therefore MISANDRY. Like hard chairs and penguins.

TheNatFantastic

On another note, I read it aloud to my partner and when I stopped laughing and got into it, it does have a semi-decent flow as a piece of oration. As long as you don’t expect any actual content or anything misandrist like facts.

FelixBC
FelixBC

I like how the succubus has really cute bangs.

Tulgey Logger

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times; women were stupid and shallow, women ruled the Earth most deviously; men were going their own way, men were staying exactly where they were; they had a human rights movement, they had a reactionary Internet congregation; MGTOWs knew how to use alliteration, but not the words they used; it was, in short, a very lulzy time on Manboobz.

Viscaria
Viscaria

A big shout-out to all the “shined, shaven social-succubi” reading this now!

Went through the automated succubus shine’n’shave this morning! I chose New Evil Whore smell.

ragefromthebasement

A Voice for Men is a haven for crappy writers. JtO, Typhon Blue, Paul Elam. They all suck.

Sharculese

didn’t happen

Tulgey Logger

Cliff: one could always go with the French “femme.”

Quite frankly it seems silly to me to want to strip the “man” out of “woman,” since the “wo” part referred to “wife” way back when, while the “man” had more to do with “human”—essentially, woman meant “wife-person.” (The male equivalent was “wereman,” which, PLEASE let that come back, it is awesome.)

ragefromthebasement

I don’t think these assclowns will be happy Going Their Own Way until they convince EVERY man on the planet to follow them. Good luck with that.

hellkell
hellkell

Mental plantation? Guys. Guys, guys, guys, GUYS. STOP trying to tie your extremely fucking cushy privileged lives to slavery. What you’ve got are some first world problems, shut the fuck up about slavery.

Thisisnotaname
Thisisnotaname

That’s what I don’t get. Why haven’t they left yet? It seems totally reasonable that these guys really COULD live out Ayn Rand’s libertarian dream of getting their own island or whatever. Surely they pool their resources and even just make a commune. Loads of people do that.

I found this article totally lacking in substance, however. Who is Russ Lindquist? (Who is John Galt?) What are his opinions that he now wants to re-evaluate? The linked video is 40 minutes long. I’m not going to watch that, dude. You should have provided a summary and bullet points in your article rather than use three paragraphs talking about the debate and your “misunderstanding.” That’s just good writing, damn.

And as far as the succubus thing goes, and the general MGTOW philosophy… don’t date women. Don’t marry women. Don’t go near women. Your choice. I don’t feel like it’s that difficult TO go your own way. It’s your life, go for it. And why do they think that women would be upset by that? I don’t know many women who want to date, marry and breed with a misogynist.

Anyway, hi, long time reader, first time poster! I just noticed AVfM going after Jay Smooth for defending Sarkeesian – I’m glad you covered it. I like that dude, and their coverage was so idiotic, hateful, and racist and homophobic. Why do they feel the need to attack the masculinity, sexuality, romantic life and race of every guy who could possibly disagree with them? And then complain that a woman called them a virgin once? Some activists.

Tulgey Logger

Wish I had a scholarly source on this—google reveals only other sillypersons on the Internet talking about “wyfman” and “wereman,” so as far as I know it could all be made up.

In any case, I think it’s time MGTOWs got an acronym response from feminists. I suggest:
PGYOWA— Please Go Your Own Way Already
GOGO—Get Out, Goofy Ones
BYE— Bequath Yonder Exit
TATA— Take A Trip Away
IHACYCUNSJTIIDWIA— I Have A Cabin You Can Use, No Seriously, Just Take It, I Don’t Want It Anymore

Fembot
Fembot

“Mental plantation? Guys. Guys, guys, guys, GUYS. STOP trying to tie your extremely fucking cushy privileged lives to slavery. ”

This really really really really pisses me off. You can’t even begin to understand the pain some people endured, and when you compare your relatively minor problems to theirs, it is basically mocking them.

TW WARNING WARNING WARNING DISTURBING STORY:

I used to work as a cashier, and there was an elderly German woman who would shop in my store a lot. Every time I saw her and asked how she was doing, she would always say “Oh it’s been a bad day, I feel like I’m going to the ovens” or some similar crap. I couldn’t believe my ears. She said this over and over, and I wanted to hand her a history book or something. I was shocked a person could be so insensitive.

Naira
Naira

The first words to come to my mind were “rhetorical train wreck.”

For all their whining, I’d love to be the proverbial fly on the wall, following an MRA around for the day, counting all the amusing ways they get to enjoy their privilege in the world, before they go home to complain about their total lack of any status.

Ruby Hypatia
Ruby Hypatia

His writing sounds similar to the Declaration of Independence.

“Widespread misandrist tyranny?” LOLOLOL!

Epiphany!
Epiphany!

Eric
Eric

Molly Moon:
‘Why haven’t MGTOWs gone already?’

More and more of us are doing it everyday. You should be glad: the more of us men who realize the deep hatred feminised women have for men, the fewer of us ‘male pigs’ there’ll be to bother you grrrrlz with our ‘useless presence’ in the future LOL.

Orion
Orion

I’ve seen it given as Wifman and Waepman before. It’s nice and all to think that the word “woman” started out on neutral fotting with the male equivalent, but then we had to go and truncate the male word to imply normality. Grr…

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

Tulgey Logger: According to Wikipedia and a random linguistics blog I found (not exactly scholarly sources, but hey), you’re about right. Then the “wer” of “werman” asploded, and because back then (this is Old English we’re talking about) the word for “person” or “human being” was “man” or “mann”, we ended up with “man” being both gender neutral and the word for a male person. “Human” turned up a few centuries later (and by “turned up” I mean “was stolen”).

It’s like evolution but for languages; it’s not perfect and fucks up from time to time, and left us fighting off people who don’t like change (and whine that we’re “being PC”) while we try to make the language gender neutral again (in my mind that’s where all the work is, since all the words are already there, it’s just getting people to switch to them).

Also bearing in mind this is me Googling and Wiki-ing for like 5 minutes so it could be wrong in some places. I don’t really have the know-how to look for actually scholarly sources for this stuff.

*Checks for ninjas before posting* I can’t figure out to reword so that i’m not just repeating Orion, so just ignore what’s already been said and just make what you will of what’s left. 😛

GingerSnaps
GingerSnaps

Gloria Steinem is a lizard people from another galaxy who used her vagina money to sneak into the CIA something something NWO-rant-about-the-mystic-overlords.

What! When this happens, what happens next? This is not a complete sentence! BASIC ENGLISH LANGUAGE! And how do you get stuck and imperiled to something? Shouldn’t it be stuck to and imperiled by???:

When in the course of widespread misandrist tyranny it becomes necessary for men to dissolve the social order and reverse the spiritual mutilation which has stuck and imperiled them, so inequitably, to and by the whines and whims of women, men ought to perhaps re-invent the wheel of free association and GO THEIR OWN FUCKING WAY ALREADY.

Also, I would like an in-depth explanation as to how “spiritual mutilation” could “stuck and imperile” someone to “the whines and whims of” anyone.

Shaenon

I love when MRAs work themselves up into a total histrionic lather about their oppression and suffering, and then they have to give an example of what that oppression specifically entails. It’s such a hilarious contrast.

I AM ENSLAVED BY ALL-POWERFUL SUCCUBUS WOMEN PLOTTING STEAL MY PROPERTY AND DRAIN MY VERY LIFE-FORCE AND THE PROOF OF THIS EVILDOING IS i hear sometimes they bathe and shave their legs OH MY GOD WILL NO ONE STOP THE FEMALE MENACE

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“…he is to die far sooner.”

I bookmarked my comment last time this came up, so let me just repeat the data. ~5 year difference for recent births, 7~8 years for those of us 20-30-something, <10 years for all ages and races given. Could we get a definition of “far sooner”?

Sara
Sara

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Ok, amidst all the writing muck, I had to laugh out loud at “soul striping roles”. Nothing worse than a striped soul. Polka dots maybe, but never striped!”

Stripes souls with polka dotted shirts? Or worse, stripes and paisley?

jrockford
jrockford

God.

One thing I’ve noticed in MRA circles and in paleoconservative circles is this tendency to really ape the writing style of 18th century, late early modern social critics. Or to a lesser extent the Romantic era critics. Which makes sense, since much of what they write seems to belong to the 18th and early 19th century.

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

OK. So, I’d be willing to do some of these for my friends. I’d stick up for my friends and defend them (bodyguard), I’d give them favours if they needed them (‘moving company’), I’d listen to them if they had problems (therapist). I don’t think I’d be their accountant, and I don’t even know what a financial-lust object is, so I can’t comment.

This is what good friends (and lovers) do for each other. It’s a fact of life. If they don’t get this, it explains a lot about them, really.

Freitag
Freitag

And all of these soul-striping tasks are so horribly onerous because Teh Menz must do them to gain vaginal access, otherwise no secks! Teh evul wwomyns force men into this brutal slavery with their Mighty Vaginas!

Freitag