antifeminism evil women hypocrisy irony alert johntheother men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misandry misogyny MRA neckbeard rights oppressed men racism

MRAs to women: You make us hate you! (Also, don’t call JohnTheOther a neckbeard. He’s clean-shaven!)

Racists – victim blamers extraordinaire — like to pretend that their racism isn’t their fault, that they’ve been driven to their racism by the bad behavior of some members of the group they’re bigoted against. Do a search for the phrase “I don’t hate blacks, but” and you will find thousands of examples of this “logic” at its crudest. “I don’t think blacks are ignorant just the NIGGERS,” one YouTube commenter writes, encapsulating the racist “logic” in a phrase.

Misogynists are fond of making similar “arguments” about women. As one commenter on the Scott Adams blog puts it:

I don’t hate women, but I have a pretty low opinion of women overall. I think they have poor priorities, they have poor analytical skills, they tend to be disorganized, they tend to be impulsive, and they think the world revolves around their feelings. I don’t think all women are like that, but it’s the impression I have of the gender in general, and I don’t like those traits.

Naturally, variations of this general argument (such as it is) abound in the “manosphere.” “Misogynists are not born they are made,” writes MRA/MGTOW elder and proud misogynist ZenPriest in an oft-cited rant titled “Hate Bounces.”

“Once, a long time ago when the world was young, I loved women with all my heart and soul,”ZenPriest (also known as Zed) writes. But then along came feminism, which ruined women so thoroughly that poor ZenPriest found himself more or less forced to become a woman-hater:

I began to see women as vicious creatures whose only agenda when it came to me, or any man, was to see how much they could get from the man – then when he had nothing left to give because they had taken it all, toss him out with yesterday’s garbage. In short – as nothing but users. …

I took to avoiding women, particularly groups of them, because I could never sit quietly and put up with the bashing and would always challenge it, which ended me up in a lot of fights and added greatly the count of times that I got called “misogynist.”

Gosh, why would anyone who “see[s] women as vicious creatures” get called a misogynist?

[A]fter 3 decades of listening to it, and hating it, and trying to keep the animosity which had been building in me over it … I caved in and began to really hate women. …

I will not allow most women in my house unless I have known her a long time and she is old enough to have escaped being infected with the plague of man hating or is escorted by someone I trust, nor will I enter theirs except on the same conditions. If I pass a woman stranded on the road, I will not stop to help her because it is as likely as not that she will be afraid of me.  …

I changed from a man who loved women and thought they were just about the greatest thing in the world, to a man who can’t stand them, or anything about them.

And of course it is all the fault of women and their alleged incessant man-hatery:

Man bashing and man hating harms women, because it makes men hate them back – eventually. A puppy returns love for love, but if you beat it will eventually turn mean and will one day turn on you when you raise your fist or your stick (or the club of words) to hit it. Men are no different.

As this last bit makes clear, this “she made me do it” logic is the very same logic used by abusers to justify their abuse.

Now our old friend JohnTheOther has offered a similar blame-the-ladies explanation as to why he’s developed what he calls an “indifference to female opinion.” In his telling, the straw that broke the camel’s back was some unnamed feminist who had the temerity to use the word “neckbeard” in an internet posting.

The culture of easy, casual insult by women against average men, creeps, neckbeards, mother’s-basement-dweller and so on, has a effect which might not be recognized by women. Guys generally don’t need to be told they’re held in contempt as a group, our wider culture makes this sparklingly clear. However, individual instances of circumstantial ad-hom have the very real effect of making men not care about women’s opinions.

Yeah, that’s why these guys don’t give a shit about what women say.

Naturally, Mr. TheOther feels the need to tell us that 1) he doesn’t have a neckbeard and 2) he has a (presumably human) girlfriend.

Am I a neck-beard? No, I’m clean shaven, Im not an online gamer, I have a girlfriend, a career, I dress well et-cetera. But whenever I see some casual, throw away comment like creeper, neck-beard or other minor belittling insult used to describe average men, it cements my not giving a shit about the opinions of women.

After being criticized for his blatant misogyny by a commenter in the Men’s Rights subreddit (virtually the only MRA site online where misogyny is ever called out), Mr. TheOther altered that final bit to read “it cements my not giving a shit about the opinions offered.” He evidently thinks that changing the wording of this one sentence, and complaining about “quote-mining” will convince readers that the misogynistic argument set forth in detail in the rest of the post somehow isn’t misogyny. (And, on the Men’s Rights subreddit, that ploy seems to have worked.)

Naturally, like so many misogynists, Mr. TheOther insists he’s really not a woman-hater:

I don’t hate women, I don’t believe in any “back to the kitchen” nonsense, or any other female-targeted belittlement. What I’m talking about is my personal attitude towards women’s opinions, their utterances, their writing, their thoughts, their contribution to society. If you are a woman reading this, that means your thoughts, ideas, speech, writing and so on.

Well, that clears it up. You don’t hate women; you just don’t give a shit what women think or say or do. Obviously there’s no bigotry in that!

Utterly dismissing “female opinion” because some woman called you a neckbeard: Men’s Rights activism at its finest!

Shiraz
Shiraz

“@Shiraz
You might not think of babies during sex, but the only reason you want sex is due to a reproductive drive.

Oh, if you need a drink be sure to not have sex with anyone you deem worthy if either of you are drunk or high. That’ll be added to the CDC rape stat of 1 in 5. And whatever you do stay away from well lit college classrooms surrounded by people at desks. That seems to be a hotbed of rape activity, a veritable culture.”

Oh boy, do I have some questions….
Um, dude, since you addressed me up there, are you saying the presence of alcohol makes rape happen? Like, without question? That’s……stupid. Was that a scare tactic? Or maybe I deserve to be assaulted because I sipped some wine earlier? I don’t recognize the “well-lit classroom” reference. Errrrr, I just can’t tell what you were going for, so yeah…..you’ll have to try harder next time.
I don’t know what kind of point your trying to make when you say that sexuality is all about reproduction — even when it’s not. Does that mean people who say they have sex strictly for pleasure are lying? Or do you actually believe people have to make a baby every time they engage in the act? Maybe you think fun sex should be outlawed? What’s your point? We all know sex produces babies……that doesn’t make the physical and emotional components non-existent. People aren’t mindless roaches without consciousness. There are plenty of good reasons for having sex that don’t involve babies. Why I’m I explaining this to an alleged adult, for god’s sake?
Oh hey, I think I’m going to have another glass of wine.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Huh. I always knew that Slavey hated gay people, but this is the first time that he seems to be denying that they exist (since the sex that they want to have cannot in most cases result in reproduction).

Also in the booze scenario I think he’s trying to scaremonger people into thinking that every single case of sex involving booze is going to be prosecuted as rape even if nobody involved calls it rape, or makes a police report. How the police would even know that the sex in question had occurred is just one of those little details that he likes to ignore when they don’t fit neatly into his rants.

indifferentsky

Wait… how come we’re giving NWO a less on the CDC stats again? I already gave him a heads up that he was wrong.

🙁

My feelings are hurt, NWO, you did NOT listen to me.
Argenti posted the actual actual now tho, so…no more silly talk ok?

indifferentsky

*lesson

That was weird.

Argenti Aertheri

Shiraz — you’re new to the Owlyverse huh? Let me attempt to explain — first, he has a serious thing against any and all rape statistics, if they come from government sources (including the CDC) he will mock them, and you (or me, as the case is currently).

Re: drinking + sex = rape: See this comment.

Re: well lit classrooms — he refuses to believe that college students could have a slightly higher than average risk of rape, because classrooms are well lit. He’s also a master of twisting statistics, managing to arrive at 115%. (And odds are, he’s going to accuse me “kafka trapping” again for saying that)

“Maybe you think fun sex should be outlawed?” — I think so? He was saying recently that only fundamental Christian societies are proper, or good for society, or some shit like that.

“Why I’m I explaining this to an alleged adult, for god’s sake?” — because duty calls.

And NWO — yes, I am better than you at math, I tended to set the curve in math classes, when I wasn’t sitting in the hallway for being disruptive because I was well past done and bored. Really, I’d have preferred to be average at it, but my brain works in numbers. There are going to be people out there better than you at shit, you can be bitter about it, or learn something. Me, I pick the latter. (Dude, I creeped people out with my love of matrix math, going around saying I knew algebra had too many characters and there had to be a way to do basic math without all those plus and equal signs.)

Creep…crepe…do those exist without sour cream? I hate sour cream (mostly because it hates me, all that lactose = no!)

Argenti Aertheri

indifferentsky — see the first link in my last comment, he mocks the CDC as it’s government data. (Still waiting to hear if that’s only in rape cases, or if he questions the TB rate as well)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Jake Hamby (@jhamby)

Heather N’s new blog mocking RadFemHub (which is off to an excellent start, BTW) has led me to the realization that if NWOSlave didn’t exist, the radfems would surely have had to invent him.

Then again, the radfems seem to think that all men share nwoslave’s belief system already. Someone should set up a dating site to pair the heterosexual radfems off with the MRAs, and then they can be happy hating and despising each other, together. You’d have to do it under completely false pretenses, though. Like you could have two sites, one for the MRAs that makes it look like the women are all submissive, subservient self-loathing types, and the site for the radfems making it look like the men are all submissive, subservient self-loathing types. Maybe you could do some automated filtering of the profiles to screen out the misogyny of the mras and the misandry of the radfems. By the time they realize they’ve been tricked, maybe they’ll meet their mirror image true love.

“Hey,” says the radfem, “this asshole isn’t like my stereotype of all men as evil. He’s an angry, bitter, entitled asshole just like I am, only with a neckbeard (and different genitals).” And vice versa for the MRA. They could still keep their hateful stereotypes of the opposite gender, since they’re well skilled at carving out exceptions to their otherwise unbreakable sexual (and other) stereotypes for “the good ones.”

Jake Hamby (@jhamby)

Argenti, you forgot to mention that in the Owlyverse, all homosexual/ bisexual/ trans* people are willfully being perverts because the Communist education system told them that gay is superior to straight.

indifferentsky

@ AA yes! Saw that, that’s why I was thinking NWO will finally listen and stop spreading misinformation.

heh.

indifferentsky

I don’t get NWO’s post on “countries infected with feminism”
and birth rate.

I think it’s part- I’m not feeling well, because I should be able to glean what point he is trying to make even if I disagree… and part, NWO not making sense.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

If we’re going to link feminism to birth rate then by his logic the most feminist country in the world would be Japan. Um…

Magpie
Magpie

Nobody has ever gleaned NWO’s point 🙂

Argenti Aertheri

Jake Hamby — that does about round out his talking points doesn’t it?

indifferenysky — Argenti, please, I have a thing against the alcoholic’s anonymous associations of AA. Thanks! I think his point about “infected with feminism” is that without birth control women would have more babies, which is true, but as noted previously, that’d also mean more babies with less resources, more starving, etc. Less babies means more resources per child, so idfk why NWO has a problem with this (actually, I do, it’s the whole race thing).

Hershele Ostropoler

slavey:

the only reason you want sex is due to a reproductive drive.

Fembot:

Mary Wollstonecraft published A Vindication of the Rights of Woman in 1792, so any woman untainted by feminism would be over 200 years old.

Taming of the Shrew, which appears to presuppose the existance of what we would now call feminism, was written no later than 1591; Measure for Measure, taking a dim view of sexual harassment, was written around 1604.

Shall we tell him about Lysistrata?

PsychoDan
PsychoDan

What’s up with that anyway? Has he just decided “kafka trapping” means “being mean to nwo” or something? The origins of the phrase seem a bit sketchy to me to begin with, but the basic concept seems to be using denial of an accusation as proof that the accusation is true, which doesn’t even slightly resemble anything I’ve seen nwo call a “kafka trap”.

jumbofisch

@Jake Hambly
I don’t even understand why you posted that weird fanfic of mras and radfem’s hooking up.

Not all radfem’s hate men anyway, many don’t trust them for various reasons. Mras and radfems are not polar opposites.

Argenti Aertheri

PsychoDan — no clue on his thing about colleges, he seems to be accusing me of kafka trapping because I keep insisting his math is made of rubbish — except I also keep proving that his math is, in fact, made of rubbish. (Unlike his “if I say it it must be true” approach to BRAINFAX!)

I haven’t even been particularly mean to him…his math, sure, but it’s not like I ascribed that to some fundamental character flaw or something — he’s bad at math, so the fuck what?

Sorka
Sorka

Also, there would be no homosexuality, bisexuality or sexual behaviors that involve non-genital-sex because there would be no reason for it. Masturbation would literally not exist.

And yet……

Sexual pleasure is for bonding, stress relief, boredom relief, and it can be with the aim of reproduction (although those of us who are barely fertile or infertile can attest that we still like sexual pleasure even though pregnancy is probably not going to be on the radar).

Sure! And this goes for many other animals as well (it’s not like masturbation and bisexual behaviour doesn’t exist in other mammals, for instance)

Sorka
Sorka

@NWO

So today she prattles on about how women are so much more empathetic, sympathetic, cooperative, ect, ect, ect.

Err, you do realize that most people on this board probably think it’s *sexist* to describe “all” women as “more empathetic, sympathetic” etc?

I recommend that you read the book “The Myth of Mars and Venus” by Deborah Cameron (well written, well researched, incredibly funny) for an introduction as to WHY this might be.

Of course, I realize that you’re just going to ignore this comment and carry on trolling his messageboard with your inane made-up facts of what “feminists” and “all women” think about women and men.

PsychoDan
PsychoDan

True, I didn’t mean to imply that you’ve actually been mean to him. But I’m sure in his warped mind you have, and that seems to be as far as his definition of the phrase has gotten.

I guess maybe it would be more accurate to say that he seems to think “kafka trapping” means “contradicting anything he ever says, in any way”.

Kyrie
Kyrie

“Not an expert, but that’s … not actually wholly incorrect, it seems to me. Not any individual’s conscious desire to reproduce, to be sure, but in an evolutionary sense it’s a relatively (considering the source) reasonable approximation of how I understand the process to work.”

Unless someone has proof, I disagree. I am a little scared of getting pregnant each time I have PIV sex. I don’t believe I have an unconscious desire of making babies; making some people do though? I believe that we reproduce the behaviors that we see in the generation above, I believe that evolution made mating pleasurable enough in itself and humans, as a group, horny enough that they would mate enough to ensure the survival of the specie. Add to that a conscious desire to reproduce (since we figured out how it works) and i don’t see the need (or the proof) for an unconscious desire.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Actually, given that I’m often horniest during the period when I’m statistically least likely to get pregnant, I really doubt that desire to reproduce is driving my interest in sex. If anything the desire not to reproduce is driving me on a subconscious level. I’m expecting that as soon as I know for sure that I’m no longer capable of reproducing my libido will amp up accordingly,

ShadetheDruid

I find it interesting that the whole “sex for pleasure” thing seems to correlate with higher intelligence in animals (humans, bonobos, dolphins etc). I’m sure someone’s done some research on this by now.

Argenti Aertheri

Shade — I don’t think they have actually, the research that acknowledges those species are intelligent is kind of new (and amazing, not sex focused). I’ve been out of college a few years now, but they were still proving that bonobos had a concept of fairness and sharing. That they have sex to have sex is more like Known Fact than a research topic. There’s no good scale for “higher intelligence” though, so I don’t think the research exists yet. (And frankly, I think it’ll take a while, because of what it means ethically)

And since the ethics of our interactions with dolphins is actually on topic-ish, I’m going to link this here — Navy to deafen 15,900 whales and dolphins and kill 1,800 more. Those would be unacceptable number if they were humans, considering all evidence is suggesting they’re as smart as us, maybe we should take that seriously?

ShadetheDruid

Silly scientists, looking at general behaviour when there’s Monkey Sex(tm) to be researched!

And yeah, intelligence in animals is a pretty complex topic and I admit I don’t know much about it. My knowledge of it is a basic understanding of which animals are considered really-intelligent-but-not-sapient (monkeys, apes, dolphins and other cetaceans, elephants, corvids etc), and which are considered really clever but not really on par with the above (things like pigs, some other bird species, like parrots, etc), and then the rest.

On the Navy thing: a big 🙁 . Even if we ignore their estimated intelligence, killing/injuring that many animals for no reason is just wrong.

pillowinhell

Hey Slavey, maybe you should read the latest research on menstruation. A womans body does quite a bit to prevent a pregnancy from occuring. A lot of fertilized eggs get washed out, and sex does not garuntee a baby every time.

So tell me again…just how is sex soley for babbies?

Shiraz
Shiraz

Good posts everyone….shout out to Cassandra and Argenti for being nice to the new girl. I wish I could buy you all a cup of coffee!

Fatman
Fatman

NWOSlave does have a point, our sex drives did grow out of our reproductive drive. What is odd is that he is always going on about being more than just our animal instincts, well sex for pleasure rather than simple reproduction seems to be just that; if you don’t consider social bonding to be an animal instinct, that is. I find it hard to draw the line between instinct and learned behavior in primates, especially hominids.

ShadetheDruid

Yeah, if we’re being technical about it, then most (i’m going to say “most” here instead of “all”, otherwise someone will come along and make me look silly and wrong) behaviours have an evolutionary source. At least to the extent that only the strictly negative ones will get discouraged/bred out of a population (which for a social species, will include negative social behaviours that impact survivability), leaving us with some neutral ones that don’t seem to apply to propagation of the species or impact it negatively. Obviously sex for pleasure wouldn’t apply here since it helps with social cohesion (at least with bonobos, humans might have different reasons for it), so it isn’t a neutral thing.

That means we end up in that thing we (as in humans generally) like to do where we separate things we are unique (or almost unique) in doing, from things we consider “animal stuff”. It’s the same mindset that gives us the “natural” vs “artificial” distinction. I wouldn’t say this is necessarily bad, after all while they’re not technically right so aren’t technically “good science”, they help in understanding stuff because it’s what we’re used to (unless it’s the whole “humans aren’t animals” thing, that’s not really useful at all).

We just ended up framing the discussion in that way rather than going for a strictly “everything is evolutionary developed” setup, just so we could counter Owly’s pile of arse about “arousal is based on reproduction only”.

Hopefully i’m making sense because this is awfully rambley. 😀

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

I thought Slavey DOESN’T believe in evolution, because if it was a thing, there’d be superdogs.

ShadetheDruid

Ah, okey. I was learning towards option one (he doesn’t, he’s just arguing for it to be an arse), but I wasn’t sure. Maybe I need to go read through the Big Book Of Learnin’ a bit more. 😛

Dracula
Dracula

He doesn’t believe in evolution, but apparently he does believe in evolutionary psychology. And somehow he fails to see the contradiction.

pecunium
pecunium

NWO: The 70% had nothing to do with the 50%.

That’s why people are laughing at you. Because you make shit up, and demand they pretend it’s true.

You do this ALL. THE. TIME.

pecunium
pecunium

Cassandra: All crepes should be served with either some sort of fruit or nutella. Yes, that if an official Perfect Feminist Proclamation, on account of how I don’t like savory crepes.

Poppyseed. Mmmnnnn.

pecunium
pecunium

Shade: The thing with Owly is he wants to go into “not evolutionary = bad” mode (i’m still trying to work out how Owly believes the world is only a few thousand years old but believes in evolution, but that just means he’s either doesn’t but argues for it just to be an arse, or he’s just a dumbass and doesn’t realise that evolution + only 5000 years = nope).

He doesn’t believe in it. He’s trying (badly, as per norm) to use it as a stick to prove to us that we are wrong about something.

But, since he doesn’t believe in it, he has no real understanding of how it works, and so he gets it wrong.

ALL. THE. TIME.

ShadetheDruid

Thanks everyone, at least now I know he’s just a garden-variety Young Earth Creationist and my brain will stop tying itself in knots trying to work out what the hell is going on. 😀

PsychoDan
PsychoDan

I think it’s inherently correlated with higher intelligence, in that it’s part of a larger trend of replacing instinctual reactions with a reward/punishment system that’s an important part of higher intelligence. The sense of pain is another good example. Before pain receptors evolved, there was just the instinctive reflex to flee if injured. With pain receptors, you just have the a general signal of “you are injured. This is bad. Do something,” and it’s left to the higher function to decide what exactly to do about it. Evolutionarily it creates kind of a feedback loop, since the sudden need to make good decisions in dangerous situations creates higher selective pressure for higher intelligence. In turn, higher intelligence makes any further adaptation that replaces instinctive reactions with decision-making more likely to be successful.

Of course, I don’t have the research to back this up, so it’s just a hypothesis.

Hershele Ostropoler

s/conscious/active. What I was going for is the simplistic (yet still too complex for the person to whom it was primarily addressed) notion that sexual pleasure is one way of encouraging animals to do it, which results in more animals

It may be more or less an accident that sex is pleasurable, of course; I’m not about to go to the mat for this hypothesis

Hershele Ostropoler

Meh. Skipped a few comments to get on with the important business of defending the stupid shit I said. Fatman said more or less what I meant.

TK
TK

@Dracula

Oh my, you just described a whole subset of people I’ve interacted with online. Doesn’t believe in evolution, uses basic evolutionary psychology to explain everything (especially women and why they won’t date him).

Argenti Aertheri

PsychoDan — I missed your latter comment on “kafka trapping” somehow (blame falling asleep at the keyboard?) but yeah, it seems to be either “disagrees with him” or it’s some kind of weird trap so when I say “I’m really not doing that” he can say “see! proves you are!”…which is ALL THE IRONY, again.

Re: superdogs — he should watch some wild canines, not feral dogs, but wolves or something, and then get back to us on whether our pets are evolved from that or not. Good luck trying to play fetch with a wolf!

pecunium
pecunium

As I recall it, a “Kakfa trap” is an MRA way of saying some woman/feminist created a no-win situation.

Buzz Cook

All rights are human rights, when we support women’s right all humans benefit.

Argenti Aertheri

NWO is accusing me of building no win situations? That’s just hilarious. I mean, I am kind of notoriously a monkey wrench to bad ideas, but that caries little weight from NWO. (Watch him decide monkey wrench = a threat or something, *sigh*)

jamesmmartin

I always thought that any sentence with “but” in it contains a lie.

Argenti Aertheri

jamesmmartin — sarcasm or serious there? We really need either a sarcasm font, or MRAs to like, make their nyms include MRA.

Buzz Cook — don’t think I’ve seen you before, have +1 internet for the excellent first comment.

I give it an hour before NWO complains that women’s rights are exclusionary to men, and oh boy do I hope that comment about nyms including MRA isn’t enough to summon he-who-shall-not-be-named.

ShadetheDruid

Sarcasm in text form is either almost impossible to notice or you have to make it super obvious and non-subtle. I’m not sure why sticking “/sarcasm” on the end of stuff hasn’t taken off more than it has, not many people seem to use it. Maybe making it too obvious ruins it for some people (which for people who like subtle sarcasm, I can understand).

When the form of commenting has it (like forums tend to), I also like the idea of using the eye-roll emote for showing sarcasm.

ABNOY
ABNOY

Untainted by the man-hating radicalism of second-wave feminism, that is. Then again, het-sex-positive third-wave feminism seems to have reversed that, by and large, though it made women TOO promiscuous that they can’t even stay faithful anymore tsk tsk …