antifeminism MRA nice guys whaaaaa?

He blogs … just like a woman

This just in: I am a woman! Again. At least according to a blogger calling herself miliefisathand, who recently wrote a post about that “are nice guys sociopaths?” post I wrote a while ago.

Her evidence? When writing her response to me, she repeatedly found herself referring to me using female pronouns — so therefore I must actually be a woman.

Yes, that’s actually her argument:

While editing my article I lost count of the number of times I had to change “her” or “she” to “him” and “he”. I don’t normally make gender pronoun errors so I have a deep suspicion that the author is a woman impersonating a man. I’m spiritually sensitive to such things.

Hate to break it to you, but your guy-dar is way off. Protip: I post under my real name, and if you google that name, you will find ample evidence that I am, in fact, a real, living dude.

In the case of MRA dudes who misgender me as a woman, it’s clearly the result of their misogyny. In the case of miliefisathand, a self-described Smartassed Burmese Transwoman, I don’t quite understand what exactly is going on.

She also misses the point of my post, and the comments from regulars here that offered some pretty sensible criticisms of what I wrote, but at this point it’s not exactly a shock to see a Man Boobz critic arguing against things I didn’t say rather than things I did say.

Khitty Hawk
Khitty Hawk

It said I’m 32% male. Haha, nope.

Apparently men are both less likely to realize clams are alive and less likely to call this test idiotic than women, huh.
What the hell does year you were born have to do with anything?
Some questions were pretty obvious what the answer was – moist vs. used, for example.

Also check out this one, which can totally tell if you’re male or female just by reading something you wrote, except it also always genders me as male.

Deoridhe

OMG, I put in a blogpost where I talked about wearing lingerie and my boobs… and it gendered me male. This is TOO FUNNY.

pillowinhell

I’ve taken those tests before and I always say I’m a man. Sorry Beloved, I hope that doesn’t come as a shock to you…

ozymandias42

SparkNotes thinks I’m a girl. 🙁

Argenti: Ah, cool. 🙂 ASD/sociopathy is not my area of psychology, let it be said.

pecunium
pecunium

katz: That one skews oddly (though it seems better than the Gender Genie they based it on. That one was subject oriented something fierce. Any post about feelings = female. Talk about politics and be a man).

katz: That one tends to be skewed.

Genre: Informal
Female = 991
Male = 667
Difference = -324; 40.22%
Verdict: Weak FEMALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

Genre: Formal
Female = 233
Male = 618
Difference = 385; 72.62%
Verdict: MALE

That was for me writing about wearing kilts

Genre: Informal
Female = 1127
Male = 1534
Difference = 407; 57.64%
Verdict: Weak MALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

Genre: Formal
Female = 655
Male = 995
Difference = 340; 60.3%
Verdict: MALE

That was for the previous entry; about how I feel a year after I moved to NJ.

When I write about habeas corpus (the next prior entry), I get:

Genre: Formal
Female = 1861
Male = 2089
Difference = 228; 52.88%
Verdict: Weak MALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

Genre: Informal
Female = 2120
Male = 3414
Difference = 1294; 61.69%
Verdict: MALE

When I write about motorcycles I am male.

When I write about someone dying:

Genre: Informal
Female = 1268
Male = 984
Difference = -284; 43.69%
Verdict: Weak FEMALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

Genre: Formal
Female = 550
Male = 692
Difference = 142; 55.71%
Verdict: Weak MALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

Let’s just say I am more European than anyting else, according to them

pecunium
pecunium

pillowinhell: You do realize that if the spredhed gets a hold of this, it will just confirm their belief that the women here are masculinized freaks right?

And the men emasculated wimps.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Apparently I’m a woman! I actually knew that. But thanks Spark.

Shaenon

I am 0% woman! That seems about right.

Nanasha
Nanasha

I find it frustrating when people seem to think that they have a right to never have to interact with a child ever in their entire lives out in public. I can understand people with “no children” rules at their personal abode, but it’s just ridiculous to assert that *children should not exist* until they reach adulthood, preferably past their 20’s or something.

Seriously, if you don’t like having to deal with children *YOU* stay home. Kids are simply trying to learn about their world and what is and what is not acceptable. Each moment they learn how to interact constructively with others in society, is a moment they progress towards full-fledged community membership, and honestly, it disturbs me that our society has become so kid hating (and by default, woman-hating as well, since the wimminz are the only people who are expected to stoop to the low and drudgeous task of childcare and all it entails), that in an attempt to “save us from ourselves” there is a social push to constantly keep children doing shit- in some activity, school, or doing some kind of homework, so there’s no time for daydreaming or running around or simply making things up in a creative fashion. And similarly for women, there’s no way to truly juggle working full time and child rearing, and the hoops that employers and government have for women to jump through just to go on a couple of months of maternity leave (in the US) is ridiculous. I can only imagine it is worse if one works in the private sector.

*sigh* Anyone who believes that the world is run by feminists has never had to live a day in the life of a woman.

Anonymous
Anonymous

You don’t understand. Little Ms. David here is just jealous because men will rather use a Fleshlight than give Little Ms. David’s hungry poophole and mouthpussy the gift of their manly, throbbing love rockets. Awwwww. Men are such pigs. Men are so shallow they can’t understand Little Ms. David needs a Real Man™. Where have all the good men gone?

Polliwog
Polliwog

I find it frustrating when people seem to think that they have a right to never have to interact with a child ever in their entire lives out in public. I can understand people with “no children” rules at their personal abode, but it’s just ridiculous to assert that *children should not exist* until they reach adulthood, preferably past their 20′s or something.

True story: when I was in high school, some friends and I went to a matinee showing of “Chicken Run.” For those of you who don’t remember it, “Chicken Run” was a G-rated animated movie about talking chickens.

The guy sitting in the row behind me spent the whole fucking movie bitching to his companion about how there were children there and how disgusting it was that parents would ruin his animated-movie-about-talking-chickens-being-shown-at-2-in-the-afternoon experience by bringing “their little shits” (his term) to it.

That guy is still my mental image whenever the concept of entitlement complexes comes up, because…good grief.

Polliwog
Polliwog

mouthpussy

I think this is supposed to be an insult, but all it actually accomplished was getting this stuck in my head: http://www.queenofwands.net/d/20040121.html

swankivy
swankivy

Oh, I always loved Queen of Wands. 🙂 It’s on my favorite webcomics list!

Polliwog
Polliwog

Oh, I always loved Queen of Wands. 🙂 It’s on my favorite webcomics list!

It was a good one, and the vagina dentata strip cracked me the heck up. 🙂

Also, having posted that link, I can’t help wondering if NWO or one of his ilk is going to come shriek at me about how songs about toothy vaginas are MISANDRY and making light of the very serious problem of men getting their dicks bitten off by monster-genitalia.

…is it bad if I’m kind of looking forward to that?

I just can’t be insulted by anyone who uses the word “poophole.”

Quackers
Quackers

Argenti: thanks 😀 ‘grats to shaenon too for scoring 0%

Hehe…..poophole

Shaenon

Somebody’s got a cruuuuush…

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

So now they’re writing MRA/David slash? Sure does sound like a crush to me.

Magpie
Magpie

“MRA/David slash”

Now you’ve done it! It’ll be everywhere by tomorrow.

VoIP
VoIP

So she thinks she has a supernatural ability? I suppose that belief makes her feel more special than us mere mortals.

Shut up Ruby; you like torture.

Sorka
Sorka

This is a load of bollocks.

I’m spiritually sensitive to such things.

Viscaria
Viscaria

MRAs don’t hate, we fight for the rights of men! And we do it by implying that being a gay man is the same as being a woman, and that both being queer or being a woman are shamefully inferior to being a Real Man(tm). What, how do you run your social justice movement?

@Polliwog, one of my favourite things about going to kids movies in the theatre is the kids! For one thing, it’s for them and they should be able to enjoy it; but for another thing, sometimes they say ridiculously adorable things.

DYOR
DYOR

A woman thought you were a woman LOL … get it? 🙂

ozymandias42

DYOR: I’m confused. What’s the joke here?

Howard Bannister

When I went to brave there was a five year old seated not too far from me.

Slight spoiler: Brave is fricking SCARY in places. The poor kid was melting down and asking to leave, and her parents kept telling her it was okay, and just be calm, it gets better…

It didn’t get better. It got scarier and more intense as it went. And I was just like…. urgh. Guys! Teaching her that going places with you involves being scared and not being able to end the experience when she asks to end the experience is NOT going to end with her thanking you when she’s all grown up for a lovely therapy-free life!!

*sigh*

On the other hand, there were kids squealing with delight when *spoiler* and *SPOILER* and all the *SPOILER!!!!!*

And that was great.

DYOR
DYOR

Ozy… don’t you have some men to service? 🙂

ShadetheDruid

I think the whole kids thing is a mess anyway, it’s another area where society just doesn’t let anyone “win”.

On the one hand, kids are expected to be “seen and not heard” and people get all ragey when they perceive someone not keeping a kid sufficiently “under control”. I mean, if a kid is tearing around the supermarket bumping into people and pulling things off the shelf, and the parent isn’t doing anything to discourage them, that’s one thing.. but if a baby is crying because it’s hungry and the parent doesn’t have anything on-hand to give it (because, you know, parents don’t generally have precognition), then judging them for “failing” rather sucks. Kids don’t generally work to a set schedule, even if you teach them to. It’s one thing to teach kids to be reasonable human beings, it’s another entirely to expect them to be completely perfect.

Then on the other hand, we’re expected to want kids, have kids and love kids just because they’re kids. Personally I don’t specifically hate kids (that would be terrible), but kids are still human beings and when a good percentage of human beings irritate me and I don’t have much patience with them, kids aren’t going to be exempt from that. I accept that my annoyances with people aren’t always completely logical though, but my natural reaction is to avoid rather than confront in an arsehole-ish way, so it makes it my problem and not their’s.

ShadetheDruid

You know you’re a dumbass when: you hit post, then think of something else to say immediately after.

For the last sentence of the second paragraph, i’d reword/add: “It’s one thing to teach kids to be reasonable human beings, it’s another entirely to expect them and their parents to be completely perfect.”

ozymandias42

DYOR: Actually I’m celibate at the moment, thank you for asking. Any progress on the “what’s the joke there?” field?

Shade: I think if a kid’s melting down in public the parent is having a hard enough time even without everyone glaring at them. Have some empathy, dudes.

Viscaria
Viscaria

DYOR’s jokes are too sophisticated for my lady brain. I can’t figure out the one about David at all, and I think the one about Ozy is about how… zie likes sex? Liking sex is funny? I like sex! Am I funny too?

pecunium
pecunium

Ozy: Q I’m confused. What’s the joke here?

A DYOR

Viscaria
Viscaria

Oh, and, @Howard: I went to Tangled with my mom and, without being too spoilerific, there’s a point near the end when it appears that All Is Lost. Anyone who has been around long enough to be at all familiar with Disney movies would know that it would work out okay, but somewhere in the audience was a little girl who did not fit that description. She was crying like her heart had been shattered into pieces. Mom and I looked at each other with identical D-: faces. Poor little kid.

ozymandias42

Viscaria: It makes me wonder why we have all those stand-up comedians, if the secret to comedy is simply to stand up in public and say “I have a vagina and have had sex at least once!” 49% of the population can pull that one off and have them ROLLING in the aisles.

Howard Bannister

Ozy… don’t you have some men to service?

My, that statement rubs me entirely the wrong way.

Oh, I’m sorry, you had a smiley there. My mistake. That totally makes it all better, because we can say any old thing, no matter how it sounds or how it comes off, as long as we put a smiley in.

Fuck you. 😀

ShadetheDruid

Ozy: Oh yeah, I totally agree. Glaring or passive-aggressively criticising someone with a kid that’s melting down isn’t going to do any good, even if you think the situation could/should be handled better, and the parent(s) is (are) likely to already be stressed-as-fuck just from the situation itself. The best thing is to either help or leave it (the situation, that is) the fuck alone.

In the end, a kid going apeshit is going to affect everything around them and everyone is going to get annoyed. As far as I can see, that’s not an issue as long as you’re not being a gigantic douchebag about it (which glaring at the parent definitely is, or any glaring for that matter. I think I just worked up an irrational hatred of glaring..).

Sometimes I just wonder how much of it is empathy and how much of it is a sort of “kids will be kids” sort of view on things (which as someone who’s apathetic towards kids, confuses me). Obviously kids don’t have the same capacity to understand things as an adult so expecting them to act like one is too much, though, so.. I dunno. It’s probably a good thing I don’t have to deal with kids, I obviously have no idea. 😛

Also, sorry if i’m coming off as an arse here. I do agree with what people are saying, and i’ll generally defer to their knowledge of kids because obviously they know a lot more than I do.

DYOR
DYOR

Aw, fat boy Howard got rubbed the wrong way poor baby. Don’t get your panties in a bunch. What, you hate freedom of speech?

Howard Bannister

Aw, that’s so cute. You think you know things about me.

And you think you know what words mean!! That is cute. Hate freedom of speech? Um, shouldn’t I be trying to suppress your words for that to work? All I said was FUCK YOU.

That’s speech.

And fuck you.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

I think it’s even worse when the douchebag actually glares at the children. Yes, it helps so much for a stressed out child to see a stranger glaring at them. It’s one thing to be hateful to an adult, but if someone is hateful to a child, then they are officially a bad person.

Kids don’t even have to do anything wrong to make some people fly off the handle. Some guy at Hardee’s actually cussed at my kids and me when they were sitting quietly and drinking pop at a table near him. The manager kicked him out and gave me free meal coupons. So if a kid is sitting quietly drinking pop, that harms all the adults around. If a raging asshole cusses at a kindergartner, that is not disruptive. It is a public service against the tyranny of children existing.

Also, I feel no sympathy for someone that attends a G-rated, Disney film but hates being around children. They may as well go to Chuck E Cheese and whine about how children are spoiling all the fun.

/eyeroll

Hey, DYOR, sometimes people with penises have sex with people with vaginas. Isn’t that wacky, shocking, and outrageous!

viola

It’s almost refreshing to have up-front honest mockery instead of half-hearted attempts to dress the hatred in argument.

ShadetheDruid

“So if a kid is sitting quietly drinking pop, that harms all the adults around. If a raging asshole cusses at a kindergartner, that is not disruptive. It is a public service against the tyranny of children existing. – thebionicmommy

Sorry, if there was an implication in my posts that children doing nothing warrants random arseholes yelling at them, then I apologise. If anything I post doesn’t make sense, I hope people will be kind enough to let me know so i’m not confusing (or worse, offending) anyone. 🙁

Also, maybe there’s a bit of a cultural thing going on here? I must admit that people being anti-the-existence-of-kids (ie. with no provocation) is sort of an alien concept to me (I think people getting angry at parents for not being perfect is universal concept though). I’m used to it being the opposite.

Anyway, i’ll shut up.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

No worries, ShadetheDruid. I knew you what it meant and it’s fine. I was just ranting against the people out there that feel outraged at the existence of kids at all. I always wonder if they were born as fully grown adults to be able to hate children so much.

I don’t know if it is a cultural thing or not. That’s a good question. Joplin is in the running for 2012’s Most Friendly City according to Rand McNally, but we still have our fair share of assholes.

So again, it’s cool. You didn’t say anything wrong, and I never took it that way at all. 🙂

Ok, phew, thanks. 🙂

When I saw Coraline, there were some kids there getting their dose of childhood traumatization. Mine was Jumanji.

thebionicmommy
thebionicmommy

The scariest movie I saw as a kid was The Blob. I still won’t watch that movie.

ShadetheDruid

Mine was Event Horizon, but i’m guessing i’m being a little too literal by picking something that’s actually supposed to be scary (although The Blob would also apply under that distinction). O.O

Polliwog
Polliwog

Mine was the Rankin/Bass “Return of the King,” which I saw when I was far too small to have any idea what was going on. All I got out of it was, “scary people will bite your fingers off.”

Howard Bannister

As they say in the site-I-won’t-even-name-it’ll-eat-your-life-and-brain-don’t-think-about-it, they clarify that there’s Nightmare Fuel and Accidental Nightmare Fuel.

But whether you catch the on-purpose stuff too young, or your kiddie movie suddenly does something that you, personally freak out about… (hint–the kid wasn’t freaking out because a bad person had shown up. They were freaking out because the mother was ##@%@#$%23-SPOILERS, PEOPLE—it was like Bambi all over again. Only worse. Now mommy was —listen, this discussion is hard if I can’t assume everybody has seen Brave. Can I assume that?

Might want to take it to the forum if you want to talk spoilers.