antifeminism men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA sexy robot ladies terrorism threats vaginas your time will come

Return of the Sexy Robot Ladies, Part Two: Electric Boogaloo

Our glorious future

The sexy robot ladies are back! Not so much in real life, where they are still more scary than sexy, but in the fervid imagination of dudes who hate real ladies. Like Eric here, on The Spearhead:

When I first came to the MRM, there was a story in the news about a Japanese robotics engineer who had made a female android. It really wasn’t much more than a fairly realistic-looking doll; although there was quite a bit of discussion at the time for the potential to improve on the design. The main thing was that it’s invention caused a fury from the feminists. Even at that early stage in my MRA days, I could see the reason: for the first time women were looking the very real possibility that they could become expendable.

Well, “expendable” only if you view women as little more than support systems for their vaginas.

Personally, I’m more into foreign girls than virtual sex. But the same principle applies: as long as there are alternatives to feminists, the feminists are expendable. They don’t have the power to convert every woman on the planet; and even if they could they can’t stop men from building robots.

Please, build those robots, and lock yourselves away with them forever, and leave the rest of us alone.

Elsewhere in the same thread on The Spearhead we get some examples of why it’s a problem when Men Who Really Should Be Going Their Own way … don’t. A fellow calling himself Rmaxd apparently suggested that men who feel themselves to have been mistreated by the courts should: “Lynch a judge as you would any traitor or dictator.”

His comment was deleted, and heavily criticized — apparently for not being circumspect enough in his threatening language. After all, our dear friend JeremiahMRA got mostly upvotes on The Spearhead for a similarly threatening remark just the other day. And elsewhere in the very same thread as Rmaxd’s now-deleted comment we find a fellow called freebird suggesting that men who have allegedly suffered because of women should

share this pain with those inflicting it.
cue up “blood on the plow”

Meanwhile, again in the same thread, a commenter called walking in hell brings up the example of Thomas Ball, the MRA who self-immolated on the steps of a Keene, New Hampshire courthouse a year ago in hopes that his dramatic death would inspire other men to (quite literally) burn down police stations and courthouses using Molotov cocktails. (You can read Ball’s manifesto, complete with its call for MRA terrorism though without the specific instructions on how to make effective Molotov cocktails, on A Voice for Men, in its “activism” section; search the page for “burn” to go directly to his advocacy of terrorism.) Walking in hell also thinks family court judges should be “punished” for their alleged “crimes,” by which he means denying some fathers visitation.

[R]esponsibility for such heinous crimes against children can behold an individual to a special kind of punishment.

We see the nervous squirming by judges in the Australia case marked by the judge issuing an apology. We also see nervous squirming in the UK with the evildoers trying to issue fake political gestures to angry people.

The evildoers must smell something besides fire and brimstone. The sooner they get to the fire and brimstone, the better off children and fathers will be.

Apparently this vaguely threatening language was vague enough to pass muster on The Spearhead; this comment got more than a dozen upvotes.

The sooner you fuckers build those sexbots you like to talk about so much, the better for all of us.

pecunium

She was trying (I think) to be clever. To counter-mock Lauralot by implying Lauralot was inconsistent.

It’s completely in keeping with her general rhetorical flair, skill, and panache.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Ozy: My understanding was that exposure to bacteria was mostly important for children, so their immune system can get primed, and that not doing so is linked to allergies.

I may be wrong!

ozymandias42

Oi, Fallacy. I snuggle with and sometimes talk to my stuffed animals; I also collect My Little Pony toys. Should I stay inside forever, or because I don’t have a boner for them it is okay?

Dvärghundspossen

@Cassandrasays: I don’t think either that we should start banning everything that might hurt the agent zirself; TREAT, on the other hand, if the agent asks for treatment, is a different matter.

I do think it’s probably often unhealthy to pretend that a dead object is a person. I think people do have social needs, and an agent might pretend an object is a person because these needs aren’t met (like zie’s terribly shy or socially awkward). And interacting with a dead object might be better than nothing in terms of meeting the agent’s social needs, but it’s probably much better still if zie could learn to interact with real individuals.

The problem with Fah Lo Suee isn’t so much that she says these people have a problem, but the judgemental and blaming attitude which certainly would be counter-productive if a, er, doll-sexual (is that a word?) person came to her asking for help.

jumbofish

I don’t think everyone has social needs dvar but I think most people do. There are hermits and monks and such who are perfectly okay with living on their own with no social interaction. I have social anxiety and while its true it prevents me from forming relationships I really don’t seek out people that much because I don’t need much social interaction. There are lots of people like this and they are called introverts…

ozymandias42

Jumbo: Um, as an introvert, I do have social needs, I just have fewer social needs than most people. But I’m still deeply unhappy if they’re not met.

jumbofisch
jumbofisch

Not saying introverts don’t have social needs (most do) some don’t have any though.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

I do wonder how hermitty hermits actually get. Are there any entirely self-sufficient ones about? Do the other ones treasure the people who bring them food and suchlike every so often?

pillowinhell

I’m one of those introverts with very low needs in social interaction. But then, I score on the extreme end of that scale. Most folks are closer to the midway point.

pillowinhell

There are truly hermity hermits out there. Some have people to stop by a couple times a year. And if they were truly alone, how would you know.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

May not be clear: that was me saying “Oh, hey, bit of knowledge I do not know!”

Cliff Pervocracy

The worst part is I can almost believe Fallacy is a real therapist. A therapist who secretly resents her clients and thinks of them as “crazy” and figures her job is to make them “normal” and they’re hopeless jerks if they don’t normal up for her.

God knows there’s enough of those out there.

Dvärghundspossen

@Jumbofish: I should have written “most people”, there are always exceptions. But it seems to me that if you were completely fine on your own you wouldn’t really need to pretend there was another person around.

@Cliff: You’re right, and that’s pretty scary. I also wrote somewhere higher up in the thread that she didn’t seem like a therapist, but perhaps it’s more accurate to say she doesn’t seem like a good one. There are all sorts out there.

Kyrie
Kyrie

“No matter where you go, everyone is mad.”

Please please be lying about your job.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

This will sound a bit weird, in a messed up sort of way, but thanks (:D) to the people talking about their introverted ways. I’m the same way, and sometimes I feel like i’m abnormal or doing things “wrong” by not being social.

It makes me feel a little better about myself to read that people are perfectly happy like that (or have the possibility of being so, without forcing socialness to meet expectations). Even though I don’t know if I have the right balance of “social” and “non-social” to actually be 100% happy, but I won’t go into that because it would be super boring and no one wants to read that.

Also, yay for tangents! 😀

Dracula
Dracula

I remain firm in my convictions that this is a perversion I do not wish to be coming across in my practice…

Spend a lot of time worrying about hypothetical perverts showing up at your imaginary practice do ya? Really though, if you are telling the truth about your profession, then good. Keep right on thinking like that. The best possible thing someone like you can do for these people is not treat them.

Cliff Pervocracy

I will not indulge the fantasy and would be doing some serious object-relations repair work with these people

I wonder if she knows that “object relations” doesn’t literally mean having relations with objects.

…Sad thing is this still doesn’t rule out the possibility that she’s a real therapist.

Ah, a psychiatrist who doesn’t want to see mentally ill people. I mean, seriously, what are all those mentally ill people doing getting mental health services? It’s like all those sick people who are always at the doctor’s office! Doesn’t it ever occur to them that doctors might want to see people who aren’t sick?

(Also, duh, owning a Realdoll doesn’t make you mentally ill.)

I do wonder how hermitty hermits actually get.

It’s a great way to meet people.

viola

Going to a doctor doesn’t mean giving the doctor carte blanche to fix whatever they think is wrong with me. The same applies to therapy. If I go to a therapist to deal with my anxiety, and they spend all their time concentrating on whether I’m having normal anough sex, that therapist is doing it wrong.

pecunium

Viola: Any therapist that resents their patients for wanting treatment with the things that are hurting them, instead of wanting to be remade into the therapist’s vision of normality, is a shit therapist.

I think you have one word too many in that comment. 🙂

Argenti Aertheri

“In the first it is clear that he is having conflict with his father all the time about the doll in his place of residence.”

You do know some parents are assholes, and some abusive assholes, right? Want to know what causes conflict with my father? Where to start…not waking up as early as he does, not doing chores the moment he says (and I mean “I ate ice cream, go wash my bowl, NOW!” here), food too hot, food too cold, food to slow, food ready during his show…daring to mention how he’s drunk…daring to question him on anything really…

My last conflict with this lovely piece of humanity? He insisted on picking what I could have for Thanksgiving dinner, to the point his father pointed out that I’m an adult these days, he thinks I can serve myself and pick my own food.

But yeah, sure, conflict with parents must be the kid’s fault…please tell me you are not actually like this in clinical practice? Seriously, you do call CPS as needed and not tell the abused to just be more normal right?

“Telling me I’m a shit professional and then asking my advice.”

We weren’t asking your advice…

“No matter where you go, everyone is mad.”

Ever stop to consider maybe it isn’t them but you? I mean…a firmly held belief in contradiction to all evidence…*shrugs* just noting that…

lauralot89

Imagine if someone with a RealDoll did go to Fallacy’s hopefully fictional practice.

She’d start shrieking about perversion, throw things until the poor bastard ran away, and then spray down every surface with Lysol. Because she’s a professional.

Argenti Aertheri

“Of course, they wouldn’t want to do the hard yards anyway, much easier to just drop 4k and fuck a plastic hole.”

…um wait, how much do you think is spent annually on mental health per person? Math time!

Using US data, start with CDC data — we’re using 2009 as it’s the last year available.

Page 435 (table 147) — “Medicaid beneficiaries and payments, by type of service…Payments per beneficiary…Mental health facility…22,172”

But yeah, that 4k RealDoll is such a waste of money…(and that’s just medicaid because their data was damned easy to find)

pecunium

Argenti: And of course everyone has the money to drop 6K in a lump (6K being the present baseline model cost, per the Real Doll Website).

Argenti Aertheri

Oh and they appear to be 6k btw, and goddamned are these thing life like…and weigh 65-80lbs it looks like, so really not that impossible to cart around either. (And yes, they have RealMaleDolls too, and amazingly, they also start at 6k…I am now done researching RealDolls XD )

Argenti Aertheri

Pecunium, we were both checking that apparently, lol!

Shadow
Shadow

@Lauralot

The important thing, though, is that she wouldn’t be cruel enough to let dude think that there’s nothing wrong with him. That’s what seperates her from bastards like us!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You know, a therapist is certainly free to refuse to see any particular patient because they don’t think they can handle that patient’s needs (in this case it is good etiquette to refer them to an appropriate colleague). However, a therapist who’s responding to patients they don’t want to treat by shrieking NO, YOU’RE WEIRD, GO AWAY, I DO NOT DEAL WITH THE LIKES OF YOU is being almost comically unprofessional, and should probably find a new job.

(Not that I believe this person is a therapist, but in theory.)

pecunium

Argenti: from the FAQ, it looks more like 100-125, since the shipping weight is ca. 200 lbs. I find a 120 lb. shipping crate a bit unlikely.

ShadetheDruid
ShadetheDruid

O.O These things weigh more than I do.

Argenti Aertheri

Pecunium — I was going off what they say the dolls weigh, except I hadn’t yet found the specs for the original line (NSFW but specs) — I have no idea how an 80-115 lb doll requires a 200 lb box though.

Cassandra — “…shrieking NO, YOU’RE WEIRD, GO AWAY, I DO NOT DEAL WITH THE LIKES OF YOU is being almost comically unprofessional…” — comically unprofessional or actually harmful, the latter is what worries me (if Fah Lo Suee isn’t lying that is).

pecunium

Hell, they weigh about what I do.

I, however, am animate, which means I can be stood up outside the bathroom when my partner needs to use it.

pecunium

Argenti: Ah… I’d not found that. The box then, is about 100 lbs. Oy.

Argenti Aertheri

Ok I’m bored, bored enough to have just run the math on those heights and weights. Assuming they’re intentionally those weights and it isn’t a byproduct of production, the average BMI on them is a mere 16.4 — they aren’t just thin, they’re dangerous thin. So great, even RealDolls can’t manage to remotely represent real women (I’m not particularly surprised or anything, just had to note that). A couple are as low as 14.7, which is just absurdly unrealistically small (exactly 2 make it into the normal range, 3 and 10, D and DD respectively >.<).

Cliff Pervocracy

I think they make them small to save material; the website actually says they’ve gotten requests for plus-size dolls but not made them because they’d be harder and more expensive to produce.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I think the dolls are lighter than people because of the materials they’re made of more than a desire to make them super thin (they don’t look super thin to me, in fact they look less thin than most models). Also I think part of the reason they tend to be small overall is that less weight = easier for one person to move around by himself.

pecunium

I think the structural elements are less dense than bone. They say they can’t make really curvy dolls because the silicone won’t take the strain.

I’d also guess (as Cassandra Says), that being able to manipulate them is the overiding factor.

BMI is a null-factor, BTW, mine isn’t 16.4, but it’s low enough that I get people who tell me I need to gain weight. It’s a pain in the ass, because fighting with them about my being healthy isn’t how I like to spend my time.

pillowinhell

Speaking from experience in moving live people who were unable to move themselves…limp bodies are not easy to pick up or move significantly. Even men have some difficulty with it.

Do they send the dolls out with accessories? And if the crates are wood, that would account for the packaging weights.

Argenti Aertheri

Cliff — yeah I kind of figured it was at least partly a byproduct of them being silicone. Somehow I doubt anyone paying 6k+ for a sex doll is going to care about the extra cost of a plus-size doll, but idfk, maybe they get expensive fast or something (eg 3x costing 3x would be a nearly 20k doll O.O! )

Cassandra — they aren’t quite model small, no, ignoring the weight and just looking at the bust-waist-hips measurements they’re definitely not the half-starved model sizes — they’re proportioned more like petite women with large breasts. Which is a start I guess, real women could have their measurements, if not their weight (and yeah, there are probably good reasons for that).

Like I said, it was bored-math XD

They may be made of less dense material so that they’ll be lighter to carry around than an actual woman…but that would create a difference between its actual weight and its appearance of weight, and listing the weight alongside cup size and measurements suggests that’s not the case.

In either case, some of those body types (especially 5) are pretty ludicrous.

Argenti Aertheri

Pecunium — “It’s a pain in the ass, because fighting with them about my being healthy isn’t how I like to spend my time.” — yeah me too, so damned do I know (“eat a sandwich!” “oh fuck you, hand me the ice cream”)

pillowinhell — various parts are interchangeable, so I’d assume they’re packaged separately.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ pillowinhell

Yeah, it’s a lot harder to pick a body up and move it around if it’s totally limp. Thanks to my hardy Scots and Welsh ancestors I can pick up people who weigh more than me fairly easily, but I don’t think that’s the case for everyone, and to pick up and move around a doll that’s heavier than you are, complete with dangling limbs? That would be quite challenging.

For some reason as far as RealDoll modifications the one I find funniest is the elf ears. I think it’s the fact that they don’t change anything else about the doll, just add the ears. It’s the open-for-business mouths that make me find the faces creepy and kind of disgusting to look at, and helps to create the uncanny valley effect.

Argenti Aertheri

“It’s the open-for-business mouths that make me find the faces creepy and kind of disgusting to look at, and helps to create the uncanny valley effect.”

They have an “expressions” option (she’s smiling instead) but note that the smiling dolls lack “oral opening”. I might be most amused by the interchangeable eyes though, they remind me too much of the taxidermy sections of my father’s hunting catalogs, which is, frankly, way more creepy than the oral opening part.

And their skin tones are white, white, white, white, and white. “Light African?” Suuuure.

Argenti Aertheri

katz — I was wondering if I needed to adjust my monitor they’re so similar…glad it isn’t my screen though.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I am genuinely astounded that there isn’t a “generic Asian” option.

My arms are “light African” tan, and I’m Irish.

pecunium

Pillowinhell: A realdoll will move more like a corpse. I’ve moved both, and the corpses are harder.

lauralot89

Fallacy, come to think of it, reminds me of a girl I went to high school and college with, who is currently studying psychology. For the sake of her future patients, I sincerely hope she goes into another career. It’s not that she’s actively malicious, she just didn’t seem to grasp that any way of doing things other than her own was still valid. We took psychology of sexual behavior together, and we would have conversations like this while we were walking to class:

Her: Did you read the chapter on human development?
Me: Yeah.
Her: What did you think of it?
Me: Uh, I don’t know. Why?
Her: I’m not sure I agreed with it.

(This was a chapter mostly made of statistics about puberty.)

Me: What didn’t you agree with?
Her: Well, it said people usually discover masturbation around two or three, and I didn’t.
Me: I did.
Her: I didn’t.
Me: …
Her: Also, isn’t annoying how they do the statistics? All like 16.7 years old? Why can’t they just say 17?
Me: Because statistics don’t work that way?

To her defense, I’m sure if she had a client with a RealDoll she’d just say “Oh” and stare blankly instead of screaming about perversion. Not that the former is an ideal response either, but I guess I’d prefer it to the latter. My rambling point is that people unwilling to tolerate variation in human interests really don’t need to counsel others.