antifeminism drama kings false accusations MRA reddit

The Men’s Rights subreddit: Fighting imaginary enemies, since 2008

To arms, Men’s Rights Redditors! Evil feminists are running riot on Wikipedia, deleting pages devoted to books by MRA hero Warren Farrell!

Oops. False alarm! Turns out WillToHave doesn’t quite understand how Wikipedia works. As one commenter pointed out several hours after the post went up, no pages about Farrell’s books have actually been deleted. The reason there are no pages about most of his books is … that no one has bothered to put any up yet.

D’oh! MRAs aren’t being oppressed by feminists; they’re being oppressed by their own laziness.

Of course, the only ones who know this are those who’ve bothered to actually read the comments. 15 hours after being totally debunked, the post, with its misleading headline, remains near the top of the Men’s Rights subreddit, with 142 net upvotes.

Argenti Aertheri

When did a mangina become something a man has anyways? I thought that was supposed to be something he is. Like calling someone an asshole — we assume you have one!

Sharculese

“threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes”.

Yup,,, That pretty much describes NOW

how?

Sharculese

Thats because you have a mangina.

are you fucking twelve?

Argenti Aertheri

“are you fucking twelve?”

Magic 8-Ball says…
Ask Again Later
You May Rely On It

The Magic 8-Ball has spoken! (What, it is non sequitur day right?)

Cliff Pervocracy

are you fucking twelve?

More likely nineteen.

@Cliff:

Good god I hope not, this whole conversation is too bizarre even for him.

Paul

OK,, if I can’t ask if your mattied, can I at least how many cats you own?

That should give me a good idea.

OK,, if I can’t ask if your “married”,

kirbywarp

I have a dog… Does that mean I’m married or not?

*if-you-can’t-beat-them-join-them face*

Argenti Aertheri

“That should give me a good idea.”

Of what?! The size of my living quarters?

Paul

Hmmm,,, what kind of dog??

viola

Arguably, I have got a mangina. Or possibly a boygina, since I don’t identify as a man.
It’s quite a lot of fun. Nerve endings galore. And I don’t get that awkward bulge in my pants if something turns me on in public, which is convenient.

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

Right now, I’m counting down the time until Paul flounces off to some men’s rights forum to brag about how he kicked some feminist ass on Manboobz. Of course, “kicking ass” in MRA-speak means sputtering incoherently, cutting and pasting, and generally making a lot of unsupported WTF-type arguments. Oh yeah, and name calling. Same shit, different day.

@Argenti:

Of how many cats you own.

Paul is a simple man.

Cliff Pervocracy

OK,, if I can’t ask if your mattied, can I at least how many cats you own?

Forty-six thousand. They are the only love I have ever known. I like to let them nibble on my longer armpit hairs. It tickles!

(The cats were delivered to my house the day I first read about the Seneca Falls Convention.)

Paul

Of what?! The size of my living quarters?

No, a good idea as to if you are married,,

Argenti Aertheri

“Does that mean I’m married or not?”

Oh was that the point? I’ve got a cousin married with two sons, and 5 cats (the fifth was an accident, her husband brought home a stray), and an aunt, not her mother, married with 2 step-kids, 3 grandkids, and 4 cats (well, assuming her grandkids haven’t talked her into another one yet XD )

They not married just because they rescue cats?

Or how about my parents — married, 2 kids, a cat and a dog (omgs is that dog incredibly stupid)

Paul

I don’t know which is funnier, conversing with feminists or christians.

Cliff Pervocracy

I actually don’t have any cats and I’m in a committed relationship, so does that, like, prove something to Paul? Do I “win” then?

I’m sort of uncertain what my prize is here.

(I guess the idea is that we’re all horribly suffering from being unloved, and, um, from owning cats? [not sure why we own cats if we feel bad about owning them] And he figures his questions will totally twist the knife and make us cry about our empty lives.)

viola

guys, guys, cats and spouses are mutually exclusive. Did we know this? We should probably tell people about this, so they don’t annull their marriages by buying kittens.

@Paul:

Britanny Spaniel, looks kinda like this. :3

Snowy
Snowy

Paul, I have two cats. Am I married?

Argenti Aertheri

“No, a good idea as to if you are married,,”

Which remains none of your fucking business (and I keep fish btw, figure that out)

Sharculese

well, paul. you’re not really ‘conversing’ so much as sputtering about a bunch of random shit you made up and cowardly dodging any requests to flesh out your wild claims, so i can see how the experience would seem confusing to you

Paul

I’m not talking about feminized men, they don’t count.

hellkell
hellkell

Hey Paul, I’m married and have cats. Three of them. Do I get a prize?

This one’s devolving rapidly.

Sharculese

@cliff

I’m sort of uncertain what my prize is here.

i think he’s going for we cant appreciate his argument unless we also live with the constant fear that the person we claim to love might one day decide to arbitrarily destroy his life over some trivial shit like busting a kids face open for no good reason. makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Argenti Aertheri

Hey guys? He just called my uber-right wing, lifetime NRA member father a “feminized man”. Ditto my cousin’s NASCAR loving husband, and my aunt’s motorcycle riding (and repairing) husband.

Any other man cards these men need?

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

‘Cause all feminists are bitter, ugly, spinsters who own multiple cats, amirite?

Of course, I’m married, I have only one cat, and I’m a feminist. Oh yeah, I’m also a dude.

@Paul:

I’m not talking about feminized men, they don’t count.

Strictly speaking, this is true, since you aren’t talking about anything.

Cliff Pervocracy

I’m not talking about feminized men, they don’t count.

Men’s rights, ladies and gentlemen. Equality for all men!

Except the ones that don’t count.

viola

I think I’m probably the “feminized man” who doesn’t count.

Paul? Trans in the other direction, dear. Try to keep up.

Snowy
Snowy

Aww Paul you got me. It was a trick question. I’m not married because it’s not legal for me to marry my partner of over 5 years. How’s the MRM doing on fighting for marriage equality btw? I would think the right of men to get married would be very important to you guys.

Two Different Laws We Live In

Unequal Time for Equal Crime

ITEM. A man convicted of murder is twenty times more likely than a woman convicted of murder to receive the death penalty.

ITEM. No woman who has killed only men has been executed in the United States since 1954.

ITEM. Since the 1976 reinstatement of the death penalty, 120 men – and only 1 woman – have actually been executed. The woman, from North Carolina, said she preferred to be executed.

ITEM. In North Caroline, a man who commits second-degree murder receives a sentence an average of 12.6 years longer than a woman who commits second-degree murder.

ITEM. Being male contributes to a longer sentence more than race or any other factor – legal or extralegal. Yet sentencing guidelines were introduced largely to end racial discrimination.

ITEM. The sentencing guidelines of the state of Washington are among the strictest. Overall sentences of men, however, are still 23 percent longer than those of women. Even when offense histories are the same and the seriousness of crime is the same, women are 57 percent more likely to receive treatment sentences than prison sentences. Women are also more likely to be made eligible for early departure from prison; and once made eligible, are another 59 percent more likely to actually be released early.

@Cliff:

“Or the ones we don’t like. They’re just a bunch of manginas/white knights.”

Shadow
Shadow

@kirby

I think Paul got toasted halfway through the convo

Cliff Pervocracy

I thought maybe I was the “feminized man”! Which is exactly backwards.

Snowy
Snowy

I assumed I was the feminized man. But it’s never easy to tell what Paul is talking about.

viola

ITEM: non-sequiturs sound important and relevant if you precede them with ITEM.

hellkell
hellkell

I thought he was saying being in a relationship with a feminized man doesn’t count, as in, any man with one of us would automatically be feminized and not count.

Paul, no one can understand you. It’s not because you’re deep, either.

viola

We can all wear skirts and pet kittens together! Hurrah!

@Paul:

Yeahh… If you wanna play the “gish gallop” game, you’re gonna have to provide some citations first. If you could get those on my desk tomorrow, that’d be great.

*sips coffee*

Gotta go now, I haven’t beaten my wife in almost 2 hours,,,

Snowy
Snowy

Don’t forget eat chocolate cake and drink pinot grigio!

Snowy
Snowy

Bye Paul, don’t let the door hit you on the way out

kirbywarp

He could also be talking about me (though it’s not as likely), since I own a dog but I’m also a mangina (at least… I think he called me a mangina), so therefore I don’t count? For… something?

Cliff Pervocracy

Domestic violence? LOL.

Women having a conference? LITERALLY TERRORISM.

kirbywarp

… What a creepy flounce. I don’t think anybody even implied that he was a domestic abuser, and yet that’s the sarcasm he goes out on. What the fuck? What a bizarre troll.

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

Oh no! Paul thinks feminist men are a bunch of Big Girly Men who have/are manginas! Now I’m mad.

No, wait, not “mad.” What’s the word? Oh yeah, “bored.” Seriously, you guys need some new material.

Argenti Aertheri

3/10 for that flounce, -2 for DV “joke” (that will be reduced to a 2/10 if he doesn’t stick it)