homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny music racism rape jokes rapey the c-word threats TROOOLLLL!! video YouTube

Thank You, Hater: An utterly charming response to Internet trolls, in song and dance!

Here’s an utterly charming response to internet trolls – in song and dance! Thanks, Clever Pie and Isabel Fay! And thanks, Jill Filipovic of Feministe, for passing on the link.

Unlike the videos from Armageddon1115 I posted earlier today, this one is really worth watching.

You can find the full lyrics on YouTube; here are some of my favorite bits:

Well hello friend Mister Insightful

Thank you for your comment on my little Youtube clip!

Most people say you’re cruel and spiteful,

But you’re right, how do I sleep at night? I am a massive prick. …

Some might say you are a…

Sexually aggressive, racist, homophobe, misogynistic,

Cowardly, illitterate, waste of human skin,

Sexually aggressive, racist, homophobe, misogynistic,

Cowardly, iliterat, waste of human skin,

But I say: thank you beautiful stranger. …

I’m really sure that if I met you

You probably wouldn’t rape me like you promised that you would

We are like “that”; I really get you

You’re right about that laughing kid, he is a total “cnut”.

You wished me cancer and misspelled “cancer”

But I know that it’s a metaphor. You hope that I will grow,

Just like the tumour you hoped would kill me

Inside the tits on which you said you’d also like a go.

Pure joy.

And let me offer my own personal thanks to all the Man Boobz haters! Hey, “guy who posts on The Spearhead and elsewhere as Nugganu,” every time you tell me you hope I “get … anally raped one day. for real, yeah,” in comments from this IP address, and this one, it gives me yet more reason to continue on, mocking and exposing you complete douchewaffles.

jumbofisch
jumbofisch

I maintain that without a healthy minimum of unbridled free-floating negativity – or maybe a good deal more than that healthy minimum – there is no discourse, no insight, no creativity, finally, nothing.

How much time u spend on 4chan?

Argenti Aertheri

“I maintain that without a healthy minimum of unbridled free-floating negativity – or maybe a good deal more than that healthy minimum – there is … no creativity …”

I can think of exactly one famous artist who was constantly told zir art was worthless and kept doing it anyways — van Gogh. There is a fundamental difference between “hmm, I like the subject, but maybe crop this bit here out?” and “u black basterd ur films are shit an if i ever see u in the street i’m gonna cave ur head in” (sic, and shit just quoting that feels wrong).

Morgan
Morgan

I. LOVE. THIS.

Now, who wants to join me in writing an off-Broadway musical around this?

pecunium
pecunium

Argenti: The MRM maintains that being called a creep is one of the worst possible things that can happen to a man.

It’s right up there with being sexually assaulted in it’s horrors.

Argenti Aertheri

Pecunium — yeah I know, and think it silly, but I wanted to leave open the “did you me mean?” question, because being a creep is definitely worse than being called a creep.

Morgan — Ahh a musical! *hides* …I’ll do the set design as long as I’m not expected to enjoy the show… (great, now I have bits of the music man stuck in my head >.< )

Raoul

Morgan:
Haters would be an awesome subject for a musical. Especially with an on-stage representative of the haterati to rip into every scene and put the audience in their place for just showing up. Don’t just break the 4th wall of theater – dynamite it and jump up and down on the bits.

Tulgey:
I basically agree that bigotry, sexism, and irrational support of the status quo is disgusting – but I remain convinced that despite the sum of human endeavors, humanity is finally too deeply, broadly, determinedly fucked up to base a solid civilization on anything but fear and loathing of the Other. I hope to Hell I’m wrong.

Raoul

‘Nother thing…I suspect that hatertude is, in most cases, an irreversible condition.

You can recover from being a hater OF this or that particular thing; that happens when minds open and sun shines in. But being an equal opportunity hater? Your brain cells will find some way to burn when the sun rays hit. After so much hatred, the switch gets jammed on, and only some traumatic, nearly life-destroying event can unjam it.

Read about George Wallace sometime. It took a would-be assassin’s bullet and years in a wheelchair to turn him around. So there’s hope. But probably not before a lot of despair.

Argenti Aertheri

Good news is misanthropy is a self-perpetuating cycle so they’re likely to cause themselves enough despair to reach that point.

jumbofish

raoul, my thoughtful response to you: trollololololololololololol

Saoili

I’ve had snippets of this in my head for days now. Particularly ‘You wished me cancer, and misspelled cancer’.

Raoul

And mine backatya: Trololololol lololol lololol…hahahahaHA!

(in memoriam Eduard Khil 1934-2012)

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Raoul: A bit of free-floating negativity’s a good thing?

OK, you’re a pustulent bottom-feeding moron without the sense to feed yourself on anything but the bile you spew forth onto the internet. Your logic is atrocious, your views repellent, and your overall value to society approximately that of an unpleasant scum of algae that photosynthesises so slowly it doesn’t even produce any more oxygen than it respires.

The experience of having you in this conversation is like mouth ulcers, if mouth ulcers had wriggling tentacles and oozed necrotic filth that filled my mouth with a taste of rot and death.

I think that’s enough for now, I don’t really do insulting people very often and the practice is useful.

[DISCLAIMER: I don’t actually care very much, I just felt like practicing overblown insults and Raoul’s position appears to support doing so for no adequately-explicable reason.]

Raoul

Nice all-purpose opener. But more specifics would be welcome.

Another MRA :)
Another MRA :)

What a surprise that she misses misandric, hell, misandry is coming up as a spelling mistake even while I write this in the comment. But when someone comes to a video discussing how messed up parental rights are for men or how men die earlier than women yet get a fraction of spending on their health issues and tells them to STFU because we all live in a patriarchy that doesn’t count really…

GingerSnaps
GingerSnaps

“GingerSnaps — I’m going to assume that “creep” is a substitution for my “asshole” and not directed at me, please let me know if I’m being creepy so I can cease being creepy.”

Yeah, that. MRAs hate getting called a creep more than anything, so stomping ruthlessly on oppressed classes would be better explained using the word “creep” instead of asshole, in the scenario you presented.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

raoul: Very hard to be specific when I don’t know much about you and don’t actually care.

MRA: Actually I’m all for promoting male health issues- two spring to mind for me, which are prostate cancer and spreading awareness of the fact that men can get breast cancer. There are some male-specific problems about. That doesn’t negate the female-specific problems that exist either, and harping on about how women are horrible doesn’t really help with that.

Argenti Aertheri

Re: “men die earlier than women” — that difference is down to a 2-3 year difference in the US — have a chart. Also, this could be a matter of biology, as it’s true even in the womb and neonatal period (see wiki). The other main theory will make MRAs scream — higher levels of patriarchy are correlated with higher levels of male mortality (the study is peer reviewed, and available here).

Howard Bannister
Howard Bannister

@AA: don’t you know nothing kills a thread faster than facts? It’s like kryptonite to them.

Also, @Raoul: so you believe that because people are generally mean, the solution is more mean? And if you’re just mean enough, that might make them nicer? Bullshit in the highest degree. Peace, love and understanding changed me from what I was to what I am. Do you call me non-existent?

Howard Bannister
Howard Bannister

Er, that should be @Argenti. Since you’re not Alcoholics Anonymous. Curse my slow reading of posts that went up while I was out!

ideologuereview

Didn’t you shout about how wrong it is to dox people earlier? I guess if you’re mad enough, it’s okay to post traceable information… are you hoping he’ll become the next Andy Warhol or something?

ideologuereview

Huh, no feminists crawled out of the pod for that one. I guess I “sneaked in the last word.”

Bostonian

Nope, your comment was just too stupid. Naming someone’s other online aliases is not the same as doxxing.

cloudiah

At least now we know what Preggo Punchout’s main goal in life is: “sneaking” in the last word on blog threads. Aim for the stars, dude.

Sharculese

somebody needs attention!

Hard to sneak in the last word if you then announce to the world that you did so.

Bostonian

It is also pretty hard to do on a website that posts recent comments on the sidebar… But if you are dumber than a box of rocks, then it sounds like a really cool thing to do.

ideologuereview

My, the little feminist pod people are screaming about how dumb I am now. Don’t bother backing your screeches with facts, “cries for education” are just requests used to derail your online activism. You know, activism that involves releasing potentially dangerous information to a violent and, at times, homicidal community.
@Bostonian

Naming someone’s other online aliases is not the same as doxxing.

Oh, but you speak too soon, my little Social Justice Sally. You see, he was not posting aliases but what are known as “IP addresses” – kind of like the address to your home, apartment, or polyamorous commune. I won’t bother you with the boring technical details, but they are indeed traceable. For example, David once commented on my blog and I received his IP address when he did so. I’m a man of class and character and so I would never dream of violating someone’s trust like he does unto others. It would be one thing if he made that information public, but some lines are just not to be crossed.
Anyhow, I just figured that it was my duty as a gentleman to mansplain the gross and icky technological details to you, Sally, so you do not embarrasses yourself again. Try to learn from the experience.

Sharculese

look, dude, we can’t help it that so many mras stalk this space but we really don’t expect you to go out and hunt down each other (mostly because that would involve doing something besides playing keyboard commando)

although given how paul elam has been behaving lately i kinda see your point

Bostonian

David uses his real name on his blog. You got your panties in a twist when he followed a link that you provided. David did not post your IP address nor did he post the other dudes IP address, so you are still both stupid and a liar. Have a nice day.

Sharculese

he actually did post the ip nugganu’s been using. scroll back up.

i think he didnt believe it was nugganu’s actual ip, tho. (and i dont either) i’m pretty sure it was his way of saying, ‘hey nugganu, even if you mask your ip i still know it was you, because you make the same dumbass threats every time’

which brings up the point that factfinder is whining about the safety of a dude who makes rape threats, but nobody ever accused fact finder of not dissembling.

Bostonian

Ahh ok, still not the same as doxxing though.

LBT
LBT

For the dumbasses in the crowd, can someone tell me what exactly doxxing IS? I keep hearing it, but don’t ACTUALLY know what it means.

Argenti Aertheri

IR — both those IP’s are behind ToR, so nice try there, but nope.

Sharculese

@lbt

doxxing means digging up and posting someones real life info (name, address, phone #, place of work, etc.). needless to say, it is not cool. also needless to say, it is not the same as posting an ip address, especially when it’s multiple ips from a serial troll who just wants to threaten people with rape

Argenti Aertheri

Yeah that’s not a real IP, I’m loosing it at a ToR node just over the Canadian border (I had to try!)

LBT
LBT

RE: Argenti

Tor?

cloudiah

It would have been doxxing if David (or anyone else) had used the IP address to determine someone’s real name, phone numbers, address, email, etc. If all that info is publicly available, then doxxing is legal. If you hack into any of their accounts to get the information, then doxxing is illegal. No one here has doxxed nugganu, but I think a case could be made for doxxing people who use the internet to make anonymous threats — though only the legal kind, and the information should not be made public because of the possibility of vigilantism. You could use it to contact the person directly to tell them they are no longer anonymous and they should cut it out, or you could turn it over to the authorities, their ISP, etc. Blah blah blah, PreggoPunchout remains extremely dumb.

The Onion Router = ToR

I’m sitting next to a ToR node, so there could be IP traces that come back to my apt that have fuck all to do with me — that’s the idea, the packets get sent so many places so many times the become nearly impossible to trace. In my case it’s doubtful it’d register as here, this is a middle node not an end node, but the end nodes will get literally millions of hits that have nothing to do with the real people using them, it’s basically like a botnet but with real people behind it. (There’s a bit of a hacker code of honor about these things ^.^ )

ideologuereview

So you say. It seems odd that someone would use two separate ToRs within the same city, or one node which changed twice. Even if that is the case, it does raise the question as to what possessed David to post them through a geolocator.
Anyway, I’m glad one of you Sallies could set things straight with Bostonian. She was so puffy and angry at me that I was a little worried about her health, and she certainly was being irrational. A good thing, too, it’s not like I could splash her with a bucket of cold water if she passed out or rub her if she started sobbing.

Sharculese

i neither understand nor want to understand that shit that you just said, but am i correct in thinking that it means factfinder’s little sneery rant at the top of the page,for all it’s condescension, is basically incorrect?

Argenti Aertheri

cloudiah — agreed re: legal doxxing of people making threats. Merely telling them “I know who you are” is really the least rude option there, it gives them a chance to stop or find another method or whatever. Turning threats over to their ISP, in the US at least, will almost certainly leave them looking for a new ISP — I’d only call that the most ethical response if they were well over the threatening line (eg not for standard fare “I hope you die”)

Sharculese

shockingly, nugganu isn’t the only dude who’s showed up repeatedly with a fake ip address because he couldnt handle getting banned from here. (no seriously, it’s shocking that multiple people get that worked up about this place, but it’s true)

Anyway, I’m glad one of you Sallies could set things straight with Bostonian.

factfinder, did you miss the part where i said that bostonian being wrong didnt detract from the idiocy of your complaint? it was in the same fucking post.

Bostonian

I am not a “her”, but thanks for your utterly fake concern, and for taking my mockery of you as huffing. The only one huffing here is you, and I am not sure what you are huffing.

LBT
LBT

O_o I don’t understand. Is it weird for people not to know IP addresses?

On LJ, I have it listed as everyone’s IP address being listed automatically, after I got trolled a bit. I presume quite a few folks have mine for the same reason, and at least one person I ran across had an automatic IP checker on their profile that’d say, “Hello! You are running X at Y place!” I didn’t think this was that unusual.

ideologuereview

It’s hard to mock people when you’re wrong, Sally.

Argenti Aertheri

Sharculese — simple answer is yes, he is.

IR — you don’t choose your ToR exit node, the randomness of ToR is part of how it works. *sigh*

Bostonian

Sharculese, IR/FF/PreggoPunch is just too stupid to read anything detailed, or to actually acknowledge being corrected when he is wrong.

Bostonian

Right back at you, rocks for brains. If you must, I can be called a social justice Sam, however. I’m pretty sure you are too stupid to read this comment for content though, so carry on with no clue.

Argenti Aertheri

LBT — in some circles it is weird to post IPs, but most geeks still assume their IP is known (eg I’m sure David has mine, I’d just be a little upset if he posted it for no reason) — the thing is that most people trying to hide theirs are either trolls, or nerds.

And technically Bostanian isn’t wrong that David did not post dude’s IP — he didn’t, he posted the IP of a ToR node.

Sharculese

bostonian

nah, i knew that, i just wanted to rub his face in it a li’l