men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny oppressed men oppressed white men

Men Going Their Own Way: Best and Worst Case Scenarios

MGTOW: Best-Case Scenario

Worst-Case Scenario:

Even-Worster-Case Scenario:

Also, it goes without saying, the entirety of MGTOWforums.com, NiceGuy’s MGTOW Forum, Happy Bachelors Forum.

Note: If you actually watch any of these worster-case videos, please go back to the best-case scenario video to remind yourself that there is hope for our world.

EDITED TO ADD:  The fellows at MGTOWforums.com have responded to my post yesterday about them. Enjoy.

Guy Noir
Guy Noir

@ Argenti Aertheri – I don’t think the hat was an accidental distraction. Chapin wore the hat deliberately, and his stopping to point it out looked like part of his script. It looks like the video is partially scripted and partially (really badly) improvised.

I agree the Tea Party is racist, and its symbolism is racist. They aren’t celebrating Native Americans with their imagery at all. It’s white rebels dressed up as Indians that they’re celebrating. They imagine themselves to be a sort of contemporary version of those rebels from the 1770s.

Nova
Nova

That first video… I just can’t get enough of it.

C’mon MGTOWers! Go your own way! Get a station wagon, load up all of your MGTOW buddies and drive to the woods, where there are no evil wimmenz to bother you, or any media that’s controlled by the hive vagina. Then you can be happy and have a fun little dance party too!

darksidecat

Non-Native Americans dressing up like Native Americans is racist. Non-Native Americans using Native Americans as mascots is racist.

Not to mention that the scapegoated tribe, the Kanien’gehaga (a.k.a. Mohawk), fought against the US in the revolutionary war, because the anglo-American’s routine treaty violations and human rights abuses. The systematic assaults and numerous treaty violations against the Haudenosaunee (a.k.a. Iroquois) culminated in multiple wars between them and the early US. “Overun and destroy” was the order the colonists set against them. Significant portions of the Haudenosaunee fled to British territories north of the US after the war in hopes of escaping retaliations.

So, no, celebrating white revolutionaries dressing up like Native Americans is not a tribute, it’s a racist colonist erasing of history.

Hesster
Hesster

I agree that a lot of people in the Tea Party are racists, and a lot of the things they say are racist, and the sports team mascots are offensive, but…

I agree what the US did to the Native Americans was pretty damn shitty, and in some ways it’s still pretty damn shitty. You should see all the bitching and moaning that goes on when they enforce their treaty rights over the salmon and shellfish harvest over here. But just putting on a headdress doesn’t make you a racist against the Native Americans any more than wearing a gi makes you a racist against the Japanese IMHO.

Rutee Katreya

I am hardly surprised. Pay no attention to the people discussing it right in front of you.

“In some ways”, while the US continues to hold all the lands it promised to leave to the native americans, amongst numerous other grievances.

more than wearing a gi makes you a racist against the Japanese

Traditions shared voluntarily != appropriated bullshit.

Jesus fuck, people are telling you right here how the Tea Party is using it to venerate the rebels who’s final straw prior to rebelling was they weren’t permitted to genocide native americans, and you’re still wondering how this can be racist.

Rutee Katreya

I’m also not entirely convinced that the wearing of a gi in the context of martial art training isn’t racist, I’m just granting to you that it isn’t.

nwoslave

@David Futrelle
“NWO, why does the gang at the top want to destabilize things?”

The great depression was caused by money manipulation of which JP Morgan was the major player. The country was thrown into turmoil. Did JP and the gang suffer? Of course not, they profitted from everyone’s suffering. The recent, “recession,” was the same. Trillions was borrowed from the big boys to bail out the same big boys and billed to the serfs at interest.

Can you name me one financial power that didn’t profit from the worldwide recession? Rothchild, Rockefeller, Morgan, Haliburton, ect? The serfs build it up and they buy for pennies on the dollar. Feminism which is aggressively promoted worldwide with the built in burgiouse class, (men are bad oppressors), and the peasant class, (women are good victims), serves it’s purpose.

It’s the same gang who runs the corporations, media, education, banks, and your government. As long as usury exists, every government serves the international bankers. Geithner, a private citizen, can walk into any guv building as well as the UN building. I can’t.

Dave, show me how the gang at the top suffered from the recession. Or did they profit from destabilizing the world?

creativewritingstudent
creativewritingstudent

I assume that a gi is a karate outfit (I never learned the name when I was doing karate) and I can say that in addition to being traditional, it’s a toss up between that and a sports bra and boxer shorts as to the most comfortable and movement-allowing exercise outfit I have worn. When you’re doing a martial art, comfortable and movement-allowing are a plus. I think that wearing the traditional outfit may also be considered respectful to the art and its origins, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

OTOH, I’ve only ever heard of non-native people wearing native-style dress as a statement (referring to countries with a native minority/immigrant majority), and if you’re going to do that, that statement damn well better be in support of the native community. (e.g. wearing handmade jewellery bought from shops run and owned by Native American people).

Hesster
Hesster

Rutee, are you being obtuse on purpose? I’m as much against racism as anyone. I pretty much agree with you. The Tea Party sucks and has racists. That much is obvious from some of the things they’ve said. Furthermore, the government and some of the white people treat them like shit. What’s there to disagree with?

What I objected to is a Darksidecat’s blanket statement that white people dressing like Native Americans is racist. Not just TPers trying to pay homage to people who slaughtered the Native Americans.

All I am saying is the simple act of dressing like a Native American does not necessarily make someone a racist. The intent is what matters. Someone who gets a mohawk haircut, dresses up as a chief for a costume party, or wears a Native American leather beadwork jacket because he thinks it looks cool isn’t automatically racist.

Hesster
Hesster

Er, them in the sixth sentance = Native Americans, not TPers.

As for the TPers, I doubt many of them have thought further than “The people who were at the Boston Tea Party wore Indian disguises, and I want to be like them so I will too.”

Bostonian

But white people dressing like Native Americans is often racist. The hipster headdress trend is appropriating and not respectful at all.

Wearing a headdress or feathers is like wearing a medal for valor in the nations where that is done.

If you, a white person is wearing a feather or headdress, you are mocking those items, not honoring them.

GingerSnaps
GingerSnaps

Apparentavely, all of you seem to have completely read the meaning of LOL. It doesn’t mean lizards who refuse to finish lockstep with your czarist apathy movement will honk. No doubt you’d abhor that. It means the microwave is about to moan. The plague of Prohibitionists has been exported worldwide with the sole purpose of dashing. The gang at the top have expertly moonwalked shorts.

I got to the microwave moaning before I realized it was Mad Libs o.0

Clue stick: the “I agree with you, but…” line is most often pulled by trolls before they say something horribly stupid and offensive, which you would know if you spent any time discussing actual issues with racism and appropriation on the internet.

Viscaria
Viscaria

He is. He really, really is. He’s reducing a varied group of living people, from a wealth of different cultures, to a curiosity. An odd, quaint group of creatures to marvel at because they are Not Like Us. He’s taken real, breathing people, and turned them into costumes and props. The intention is irrelevant.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Upon re-reading I see you were describing the behaviours of 3 separate individuals, not a single individual. I was mostly talking about the chief costume for a costume party. Which is not to say that the other clothing isn’t racist and appropriative.

hellkell
hellkell

Is IS automatically colossally fucking clueless.

I think “punk rock ” instead of Native American when I see a Mohawk. There’s some grade-a appropriation.

hellkell
hellkell

Oh, HTML, why u fail me?

2-D Man
2-D Man

Apparently, all of you seem to have completely extruded the meaning of CAD. It doesn’t mean drafters who refuse to copy-paste lock-step with your pencil-supremacist cheery movement will fart. No doubt you’d fist-pump that. It means the paper is about to jam. The plague of pencil-supremacism has been exported worldwide with the sole purpose of crumpling. The gang at the top have expertly chewed pen tips.

The stationery is about to dump ink everywhere? You don’t say?

Snowy
Snowy

And also they’re huge fucking racists.

MollyRen (@MollyRen)

Have heteros not yet discovered the dental dam?

Considering the number of kinksters I’ve had to explain dental dams to? I’d say nope, not yet.

Dvärghundspossen

I don’t get the comparision with martial arts clothes. If it’s racist when white people doing martial arts wear martial arts clothes, is it also racist when japanese soccer players wear soccer clothes? It’s the same thing. When you do a sport, you dress in the clothes of that sport, regardless of ethnicity. I just can’t see how that compares to dressing up like a native-american for some protest.

ithiliana

@Hesster: The intent is what matters.

No, no, it doesn’t.

Intent: it’s fucking magic.

Appropriation of Native American cultures.

Do you guys think the appropriative nature of mohawks makes them inherently racist, even if one is part of punk-rock subculture? (Not that punk subculture is free from racism in general…)

Armageddon1115
Armageddon1115

who is the piece of shit who flagged my video?

informash
informash

For what it’s worth*, I think it’s a fairly benign form of cultural appropiation. This sort of interchange happens all the time – cultures aren’t sealed hermetically against outside influences, and I would argue that they shouldn’t be. ‘Native American’ Halloween costumes? Yeah, that’s fucking racist. White people learning Japanese martial arts? Still technically cultural appropiation, but I would argue that it’s not inherently racist.

* Little going on nothing.

informash
informash

(My opinion being that ‘an appropiative nature doesn’t make a thing inherently racist’ because appropiation is a very broad term that covers everything from ‘Japense people celebrating Christmas’ to ‘the white guy who wears a feather headdress, carries a tomahawk and says he is a medicine man’ – with mohawks being arguably in the former category. Arguably. I might be missing something important. This should have been in the previous post, I think.)

informash
informash

… and I’m sorry for the triple-post (no edit button!), but I should probably *also* note that I don’t want to claim to have any actual right to decide that mohawk haircuts are Certified Racism-Free. If anyone could actually begin to judge that, it’d be a member of the culture an element of which is being appropiated there. I’m trying to argue that context is REALLY important when it comes to those things, especially when it’s a comparatively privileged group doing the appropiation, but that appropiation is not INHERENTLY the same thing a racism.

ragefromthebasement

“who is the piece of shit who flagged my video?”

Ha ha ha ha ha ha 🙂

Oh the irony. You mean I can’t make hateful remarks about half of the human species without there being consequences? Why me no likey?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

ragefromthebasement

@Armageddon

“who is the piece of shit who flagged my video?”

Thanks for the shaming, btw. 😉

Polliwog
Polliwog

One of these things is not like the others.

I don’t have an intrinsic problem with someone simply wearing some item which is also part of another ethnic group’s traditional attire (it can definitely be problematic under some circumstances, to be clear, but I don’t have an intrinsic problem) but there’s a pretty important distinction between “wearing something from X culture” and “dressing up as a member of X culture.” When you treat “Native American” as being something comparable to “a gorilla” or “the red M&M” or “Superman” – just a silly costume you can put on for funsies – that is pretty damn racist and appropriative, in and of itself.

Hershele Ostropoler

It’s my understanding — possibly imparted by racists — that the real (18th c.) tea party people dressed as Kanien’gehaga for symbolic rather than scapegoating reasons. The Flint People had a reputation for independence.

Armageddon1115
Armageddon1115

Rutee Katreya

Rutee, are you being obtuse on purpose?

I’m calling you a clueless asshole on purpose, if that’s what you mean.

I’m as much against racism as anyone.

This is technically true. Most people are against racism when it isn’t inconvenient and when it doesn’t prevent white people from doing things. When being against racism might prevent white people from doing something, then they’re generally not.

I noticed that. That was the stupid and racist thing you were trying to claim, it was not lost on me.

The intent is what matters.

Like when the US government did not intend to hurt the Native Americans, just take them away from their homes and intentionally act to completely destroy their culture because it would save them from themselves?

Gosh, it’s almost as if I am saying this isn’t true, because it is appropriative of their culture.

Protip: Everyone is racist. In a very real way, everyone propagates bullshit that is actually and seriously harmful of another race (And I do not mean stupid shit that doesn’t actually hurt white people like ‘white people can’t jump’, I mean actually racist bullshit). Trying to say someone else isn’t ‘automatically racist’ is a giant red flag that you do not really understand racism in general, much less when you are doing it about appropriation.

How are the Japanese going to be meaningfully racist to a more dominant culture? Granted, football is a really, really global thing practiced a lot by much more marginalized countries and peoples than the USA, but…

Rutee Katreya

Considering those same colonists were trying to kill them, it’s primarily irrelevant. That said, I also do not believe this is true without actual documentation. The colonists were trying to genocide the native peoples. I am aware that a perverse (In that it did basically nothing to actually help native people) ‘appreciation’ for native americans sprang up well before the current century’s half-assed fascination, but I am more than a little skeptical that it was held during the era where most people were even more active and urgent in genociding those same people.

if what i said wasn’t true, why would yall get so upset

Because you’re a dumbass saying hateful things.

you have ZERO percent chance of ever stopping me from speaking the truth, ZERO.

Child, you have no idea how easy it is to get things removed on youtube, do you? That said, this is technically true; you are saying blazingly untrue things, so no matter what I do, I can’t stop you from speaking the truth… 😀 😀 😀

Armageddon1115
Armageddon1115

i’m a grown ass man who knows the real deal. yall just nitpick at things you don’t like and think you can keep stuff the way it is, you feminists are done. did anyone look at my video called “good women are the reason i joined MGTOW”? didn’t think so.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

@Hesster —

“Traditions shared voluntarily != appropriated bullshit.” — seconding that, and applying it to the examples

“I used to live near Seattle, where there are shops owned by Native Americans that sell traditional art objects and handmade clothing to tourists. Is it racist to buy and wear them?”

Assuming the clothing and art in question is made by Native Americans (and they’re getting paid for that) I’d consider that intentionally sharing traditions.

“is it racist to shave your head in a mohawk?”

Potentially but not necessarily? That one was appropriated by punk culture before I was born, so it seems like trying to eradicate it would be a lost cause. I’m going with “reply hazy, try again later” on this one though.

“We went to war against the Japanese too. Is it racist to dress up as a ninja or samurai? How about wearing a kimono or reading manga?”

Manga is intentionally shared as a for sale commercial item, so no. Kimonos and samurai costumes are definitely caricatures of the parts of Japanese culture they represent though (samurai and geisha costumes are so removed from what samurais and geisha wore/wear that I don’t even feel right calling them the same thing) — likely the same for ninjas, but the standard ninja costume has no basis at all in reality, so idk, giving that another “reply hazy, ask again later”.

“I agree what the US did to the Native Americans was pretty damn shitty, and in some ways it’s still pretty damn shitty.”

I can’t think of any current policies that aren’t shitty, but at least forced sterilization is a thing of the (recent) past — I’m hoping that’s what you meant there, it was more evilly shitty and is now less evilly shitty, but still fully shitty (does that make sense outside my head?)

“But just putting on a headdress doesn’t make you a racist against the Native Americans any more than wearing a gi makes you a racist against the Japanese IMHO.”

That’s probably a winner for terrible analogies, in the tribes that wear headdresses, they’re a sign of honor, a status symbol, in all the cases I can think of only the chiefs wear a full headdress — so yeah, wearing one is incredibly racist. Versus wearing a gi while doing marital arts? The interest in marital arts could be rooted in racism, but wearing the appropriate attire of the sport isn’t. These are not the same thing.

“Someone who gets a mohawk haircut, dresses up as a chief for a costume party, or wears a Native American leather beadwork jacket because he thinks it looks cool isn’t automatically racist.”

I’ve addressed all three already, but I want to reiterate that there’s a world of difference between wearing clothing made by Native Americans in traditional styles and dressing up as a chief for a costume party. For one it’s a costume based on the most respected member of tribes, which are part of a marginalized community. For two it’s always, fucking always, collapsing all tribes and traditions into a single stereotype. Polliwog may’ve said this better than I can —

“When you treat “Native American” as being something comparable to “a gorilla” or “the red M&M” or “Superman” – just a silly costume you can put on for funsies – that is pretty damn racist and appropriative, in and of itself.”

And re: intent — if I trip and fall and land on your foot, you’re still just as injured as if I had intentionally stomped your foot, doesn’t matter that I had no intent to hurt you, same thing here.

@Rutee — Dvärghundspossen’s comparison of marital arts and soccer/football may not have been the best analogy but I think ze was getting at the idea that you wear the clothing of the sport, regardless the sport, when you do the sport. As I said above the reasons why you’re doing the sport can still be racist, but I don’t think the clothing inherently is — I think that’s all Dvärghundspossen was trying to get at (sorry Dvärghundspossen if I’ve read you wrong!)

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“who is the piece of shit who flagged my video?”

better question — who removed your video? youtube, for violating their terms of service, deal with it or host elsewhere, welcome to the internet

PsychoDan
PsychoDan

@Rutee: some citation: http://www.boston-tea-party.org/mohawks.html
Appropriation of Native American imagery and culture was pretty common throughout early colonial and revolutionary history, especially among the revolutionaries. Ben Franklin was big on the whole ‘Noble Savage’ ideal, and in general revolutionaries seized on imagery that was pointedly American to contrast with the Europeans they were rebelling against. Native imagery filled that role quite a bit.

darksidecat

Re: Mohawks specifically, there are some mixed feelings, but a lot of people do find them to be racist and appropriative http://zinelibrary.info/files/dread.pdf http://marxistqueen.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/cultural-appropriation-continued/

The cultural meaning of things like beadwork varies. It’s best to avoid in general, esp. if it’s not a gift or purchase from a native american person who made it, and things which have important cultural or religious status as not being for people without certain family memberships, religious status, social status, rank, etc. are larger on the racism and appropriation scale than things without that degree of significance. However, any taking of cultural objects to appropriate at all from colonized people by colonizers should make one wary. And if you see it as “dressing up like a native american”, it’s certainly racist and appropriative.

“dresses up as a chief for a costume party,” Always racist, always very racist. The sole exception to this would be someone who is a member of the same tribe as the chief portrayed (or, at least, that’s an in-group discussion then).

ronalon42

I am also a bit unsure about the hairstyle being inherently racist, though i see it for mohawks a bit more than dreads just because dreads I don’t think can be solely claimed by one culture or race. It is something where there is a level of appropriation that can certainly be inappropriate and racist for sure.

Course I say this as a white woman with dreads so I have an obvious bias. It is something that I thought about before hand though, albeit coming from the privileged position it doesn’t mean much. For me the deciding factor was being unable to determine a precise culture it would be appropriating. Hairstyles are tricky in this way since it is a part of someone’s body; and sort of like tattoos or piercings that once for some cultures had greater religious significance or status, the dominate culture did manage to find meaning in the body modification.

But yes, any kind of dressing up “as a person from ____ real (especially disenfranchised) culture” as though it is fantasy costume or cosplay is racist. And a hairstyle can certainly be a part of that.

ronalon42

darksidecat, reading your second link I entirely agree that the name for the hairstyle “Mohawk” is entirely problematic given that it isn’t accurate and acknowledging that it is in no way related to a Native culture would be better for everyone. And it is also a problem when the modern style is inserted into depictions of the tribe. I wish it wasn’t such an ingrained name for the style culturally, as I doubt a new name would catch on. Punkhawk? Idk.

Morgan
Morgan

The f**k did I just watch?!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“The world is already shuddering, but not because a few white douchebags are threatening to take their balls and go home.”

Given what I’ve seen of MGTOW so far, I approve of their plan to keep their balls as far away from me as possible. Another continent would be nice – I hear Antarctica is lovely this time of year.

“I don’t see how a white person simply dressing up as a Native American is racist. I used to live near Seattle, where there are shops owned by Native Americans that sell traditional art objects and handmade clothing to tourists. Is it racist to buy and wear them? is it racist to shave your head in a mohawk? We went to war against the Japanese too. Is it racist to dress up as a ninja or samurai? How about wearing a kimono or reading manga?

Rutee already dealt with this bit of fuckery quite nicely, but I just have to point out – wearing a kimono and reading manga? Not actually the same kind of thing. Kimono = a form of traditional dress specific to a certain culture. Manga = an entertainment product, designed to be consumed. Now, if you’re defining reading manga as something that makes you totes Japanese, then yes, reading manga may well be a racist act if that’s how the reader is approaching it. But it’s not inherently racist any more than, say, listening to Britpop or eating Thai curry is.

And yes, dressing up as Generic Member Of Specific Race and/or Racial Trope (Native American chief, geisha, Chinese woman in cheongsam, etc) is racist. Many POC have written about this and how offensive they find it, especially people from the cultures that are most often appropriated and fetishised in that way.

Short version – don’t attempt to turn a race or a culture into a costume unless you want people to think you’re an ignorant racist buffoon.

cloudiah

Armageddon, dude, we’re not upset, we’re making fun of you. You go right on speaking. So will we.

i’m a grown ass man who knows the real deal.

Pretty sure no actually-grown man with an adult level of maturity would ever utter that sentence.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“did anyone look at listen to my video…”

fixed that for you (and no one wants to listen to your videos, ever heard of podcasts?)

ragefromthebasement

“if what i said wasn’t true, why would yall get so upset? you have ZERO percent chance of ever stopping me from speaking the truth, ZERO.”

We are upset because saying all women are stupid is hateful, bigoted, and WRONG. Speak your delusion of truth, I don’t care. But you have ZERO chance that I won’t call you out for the asshole that you are.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

I thought it was fucked up when that one Spearhead commenter talked about removing baby girls’ voiceboxes to stop feminism.That was pretty upsetting.

But I guess that just means what he said was true. Such is Armageddon’s logic!

Shadow
Shadow

if what i said wasn’t true, why would yall get so upset?

Is it just me, or is this always preceded by a bigoted rant from some privileged group about an oppressed one.

I have a feeling that this is a phrase that’s in frequent rotation for you

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

In one of your videos, you talk about how it’s pointless to argue how women online.

So why are you here? Follow your own advice and get out.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

In one of your videos, you talk about how it’s pointless to argue with women and feminists online.

So why are you here? Follow your own advice and get out.