antifeminism bad boys grandiosity MRA shit that never happened

A “die hard MRA and hard rock fan” sends Rebecca Watson his drunken manifesto. Also, he’s 19.

You’re going to need one of these, dude.

People! Rebecca Watson of Skepchick has just received a most awesome drunken email manifesto from a hard-rockin young MRA by the name of Jimmy Zinn. Here are some selected excerpts, but you’ll want to go read the whole thing.

My name is Jimmy Zinn and I’m a die hard MRA and hard rock fan. I’m 19 years old, and I’m not to happy with the current state of affairs. I’ve decided to dedicate my life to what I’m calling the three revolutions- the hard rock revolution, the Men’s rights revolution, and the life extension revolution …

Two of these are indirectly pointed at people like you- bigoted feminists who marginialize and trivailize* the male gender, promoting sexist and discrimination attitudes, and fighting vivaciously for the very thing you vehemently claim to be so against- gender inequality.

Yes, he did say “fighting vivaciously.”

After a bit more manifestoing he tells Rebecca his (alleged) life story:

Things at home weren’t going particularly well- girls with lower GPAs and poor extra ciriculars were getting scholarships that boys with perfect 4.0s were not, and since I’, one of the poor privileged white males, I couldn’t afford college. Getting a job was tricky to- I was told on more than one occasion “we aren’t hiring white males right now.” … After 23 interviews/applications, I was left still jobless.

I also become of the privileged white males who developed heart problems at age 18, but of course, couldn’t afford a doctor. I was going to go to a free heart screening at a local college, but whoops…. “FEMALES ONLY”, courtesy of the “Women’s radical feminist men hating Heart association of a women-only America”, or whatever it was called.

Yeah, that totally happened.

So he hitched a ride on a freight train (allegedly) and headed to … Hollywood:

Rebecca, I am going to radical alter our society in the next year. I am going to start the greatest hard rock 1986 GNR-esqe band the world has ever seen. There is an army, millions strong, of angry people, and especially young males seething at the lack of justice and outlet for their rage. I fear a violent revolution is near, and I’m not in favor of that idea at all. Instead, why not give them a kick-ass 24/7 rock n roll party, tearing through the country with blistering blues-based rock, finally giving red-blooded masculinity a place in American culture again. I am going to fight the bigoted feminist you propagate, and start the largest social movement since the 60s…the Mens rights revolution.

We’re coming, Rebecca. The walls of mass social delusional, ignorance and apathy will crumble down as justice and non-autotuned music will triumph in the streets. You will fight back, I’m sure, but you will lose, and you will lose badly. In 3 years time, you WILL live in an American of true gender equality, but I’m not sure it’s going to take the direction you expect!

Go to Skepchick to read the rest!

Bedelia Bloodyknuckle

Sorry, can’t take a 19 year old dude seriously, especially one who has poor grammer and claims to be underprivileged based on sex.

Bedelia Bloodyknuckle

*grammar

the twisted spinster
the twisted spinster

I’m so terrified of young drunken white males who probably can’t even afford to get on a bus out of LA. (I’ve been there. That town is expensive.)

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“I’m in hollywood right now, partying, crusin’ down sunset strip, spreading the MRA message …” without worrying about getting raped — there’s your male privilege dude

I can get behind this though — “non-autotuned music will triumph in the streets”

Dracula
Dracula

That was the funniest thing I’ve read all damn day. I don’t believe a word of it.

Fembot
Fembot

Too many things wrong with that “manifesto.” Can’t compute…can’t compute…

(head explodes)

Blue Jean
Blue Jean

@Jimmy Zinn;

Dude! Thou shalt not blog on meth!

jumbofish

No way this guy is for real. Well at least he is original, can’t say I’ve ever heard of a strategy for a massive social justice movement via music. XD

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

“girls with lower GPAs and poor extra ciriculars were getting scholarships that boys with perfect 4.0s were not”

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

speedlines
speedlines

I keep hearing that last bit in the voice of that guy from Night of the Living Dead: “They’re coming for you, Barbaraaaaa…”

Snowy
Snowy

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?? poor skepchick

How many ways do I love this post? All of them. Jimmy Zinn, please, please, please come and tell us more about your hard rock revolution!

Hesster
Hesster

I’m hoping this guy is a Poe, but he claims to have hitchhiked and ridden a freight train to Hollywood. I’m sure the thought of being raped and/or murdered never even entered his wasted little brain.

And seriously, what potential employer is telling applicants they’re not hiring people based on their race and sex? It’s an invitation to get sued.

I’ve discovered a flaw in his plan!

He can’t come for us. Because we are the Nazgul, right? And one does not simply rock into Mordor!

Pecunium

Right… he’s 19, from out of town (if not state), and calls The Sunset Strip, “hollywood”.

Totes believable. The rest…

Cool story bro.

BlackBloc

This is an obvious troll. A 19 year old would have been 2 or 3 year old the last time in history that Guns N Roses could be conceivably considered a significant part of rock’s pantheon, and even back then they were a joke. If there’s a 19 y-o listening to GNR’s, he’s doing it ironically while drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon.

Miriam

I…what did I just read.

kladle
kladle

See, over the last 20 years, 2 terrible things have happened:
1. Music sucks.
2. Discrimination of males increases at an alarming rate.

wow, I think we found the guy who writes all of the comments on youtube

Viscaria
Viscaria

I find it so hard to focus on how wilfully ignorant and bigoted this guy is being because I find his drunken attempts at writing sort of endearing. It reminds me of receiving* texts at 1:00 in the morning saying “i love you, viscera, ok? Were lkie totally best, best friends. Becuase you’re a goof person and i like your.”

*and, who am I kidding, sending.

Cliff Pervocracy

“We aren’t hiring white males right now.”

Uh huh.

(If that actually happened, I think he’d have grounds for a court case. But whatever, we’re deep in Fantasyland.)

BlackBloc

And the last time ‘hard rock’ was considered revolutionary predates even that. Punk shat all over that back in the 70s before I was even born.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Blacblock

I’m 23 and most of the stuff I listen to is 30 years old at a minimum >.> and I have lots of friends my age who are huge GNR fans.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Oh no, misspelled your handle BlackBloc 🙁 sorry. Maybe I am somehow drunk?

Tracy Q. Loxley

“Vivaciously fighting?” How do you prepare for a vivacious fight? I’m assuming there’s probably spandex involved in something like that, and cans of hairspray hidden up his sleeves. And a sparkly cape.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Guns N’ Roses? Please. Call us when you’re doing WASP covers complete with flaming codpiece, then maybe we’ll talk. Seriously, kiddo, don’t make me fly down to LA and confiscate the crispy new leather pants that you just bought with the money your grandparents gave you for Christmas.

(Ah, the music of my misspent youth.)

Pecunium

I prefer my sparring partners to be lively, and good-tempered. I suppose one could call that, “vivacious”.

In a real fight.. it’s a whole ‘nother sort of thing. That tends to be desperate, even when one is fairly certain of victory.

But he’s 19, one can’t expect him to know it all.

🙂

BlackBloc

@Viscaria: Oh Gawd, why? WHYYYYYYY?

GNR should be relegated to the dustbin of musical history. Like Poison. Or Creed.

BlackBloc

What I’m saying is, I’m weeping for your generation. Those memories of the 80s-90s should have remained buried forever, never to emerge and pollute the brilliant minds of an innocent generation.

Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

Wow. There’s oblivious, there’s willfully oblivious, and then there’s this guy.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You want a really horrible example of multiple generations of shitty music crossing? Axl Rose and Lana Del Rey, supposedly dating.

Doesn’t she have any friends? As awful as her whole schtick is, friends don’t let friends fuck Axl Rose.

Xanthë

I will have intriguing enticements

Awesome!

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

@BlackBloc,

Not to mention Loverboy. I’ve been trying to get “Working for the Weekend” out of my head for the past 30 years.

Dracula
Dracula

I prefer enticing intrigue.

cloudiah

I was 7 or 8 when punk began shitting all over that. Pardon me while I go tend to my bunions. 🙂

BlackBloc

Like if you need to remember the 80s, let’s at least remember somebody worthy like the Bad Brains (speaking of musical influence only, not their politics).

Foxipher Jones

What is this I don’t even.
/)_-

Viscaria, I for one affirm your right to like whatever music you want.

cloudiah

If Reagan played disco:

Wait, you said your friends were GNR fans. Well, I affirm their right, then. Obvy I am somehow drunk too.

cloudiah

cloudiah goes down nostalgia lane….

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

If young people want to listen to GNR, let them. Just don’t let them date Axl Rose because seriously, he threw one girlfriend down a flight of stairs.

cloudiah

I loved The Jam, but I was never a mod

I sincerely hope that, 10 years from now, there will be angry young white guys calling for a Vanilla Ice revolution.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You remember that awful band that did a song about liking girls who wear Abercrombie and Fitch? Apparently the singer is now protesting abortion clinics. Maybe the angry young white guys can look up to him.

LFO? I totes liked that song! I was 11 or 12.

cloudiah

Bad Brains were awesome.
One more from The Jam

The 80s were A W E S O M E. I wore knickers and had big hair, and then adopted bowling shirts and became a punk rocker. But still loved The Jam.

Shadow
Shadow

OH SHIT, I shamefacedly remember rocking to that shit.

@katz
Talent wise, I think Ice takes more shit than he deserves. If he’d kept his persona a little less hilariously fake I doubt he’d be remember with such ridicule, especially considering some of the shit that followed.

cloudiah

And I am still just as clueless about fashion. But here’s some X

Good night.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ cloudiah

Where are you from? I’m assuming that by knickers you must mean something other than what I as a Brit would mean (ie, underpants). I mean I assume you probably wore those too, it’s just that people don’t tend to feel the need to specify that.

And yes, LFO. Dude is hanging around outside clinics harrassing women who’re going in and out, and then tweeting about it.

BlackBloc

It’s not like there isn’t plenty of angry white male music you can latch on that isn’t GNR.

1 2 3 4