antifeminism bad boys grandiosity MRA shit that never happened

A “die hard MRA and hard rock fan” sends Rebecca Watson his drunken manifesto. Also, he’s 19.

You’re going to need one of these, dude.

People! Rebecca Watson of Skepchick has just received a most awesome drunken email manifesto from a hard-rockin young MRA by the name of Jimmy Zinn. Here are some selected excerpts, but you’ll want to go read the whole thing.

My name is Jimmy Zinn and I’m a die hard MRA and hard rock fan. I’m 19 years old, and I’m not to happy with the current state of affairs. I’ve decided to dedicate my life to what I’m calling the three revolutions- the hard rock revolution, the Men’s rights revolution, and the life extension revolution …

Two of these are indirectly pointed at people like you- bigoted feminists who marginialize and trivailize* the male gender, promoting sexist and discrimination attitudes, and fighting vivaciously for the very thing you vehemently claim to be so against- gender inequality.

Yes, he did say “fighting vivaciously.”

After a bit more manifestoing he tells Rebecca his (alleged) life story:

Things at home weren’t going particularly well- girls with lower GPAs and poor extra ciriculars were getting scholarships that boys with perfect 4.0s were not, and since I’, one of the poor privileged white males, I couldn’t afford college. Getting a job was tricky to- I was told on more than one occasion “we aren’t hiring white males right now.” … After 23 interviews/applications, I was left still jobless.

I also become of the privileged white males who developed heart problems at age 18, but of course, couldn’t afford a doctor. I was going to go to a free heart screening at a local college, but whoops…. “FEMALES ONLY”, courtesy of the “Women’s radical feminist men hating Heart association of a women-only America”, or whatever it was called.

Yeah, that totally happened.

So he hitched a ride on a freight train (allegedly) and headed to … Hollywood:

Rebecca, I am going to radical alter our society in the next year. I am going to start the greatest hard rock 1986 GNR-esqe band the world has ever seen. There is an army, millions strong, of angry people, and especially young males seething at the lack of justice and outlet for their rage. I fear a violent revolution is near, and I’m not in favor of that idea at all. Instead, why not give them a kick-ass 24/7 rock n roll party, tearing through the country with blistering blues-based rock, finally giving red-blooded masculinity a place in American culture again. I am going to fight the bigoted feminist you propagate, and start the largest social movement since the 60s…the Mens rights revolution.

I’m in hollywood right now, partying, crusin’ down sunset strip, spreading the MRA message …

We’re coming, Rebecca. The walls of mass social delusional, ignorance and apathy will crumble down as justice and non-autotuned music will triumph in the streets. You will fight back, I’m sure, but you will lose, and you will lose badly. In 3 years time, you WILL live in an American of true gender equality, but I’m not sure it’s going to take the direction you expect!

Go to Skepchick to read the rest!

scarlettpipistrelle

Oooh, don’t look now but The Spearhead is looking to add a forum.

W.F. Price May 25, 2012 at 16:55

There’s just no way to verify whomst you’re dealing with:
Infiltrators abound.

-freebird

Sure, but if members agree to an NDA at least I can drop a subpoena on Manboobz or the like if they post the forum’s comments.

I’m so glad other people are also bothered by music snobbery! I see it as this vicious cycle where someone declares that your tastes are crap because you like Band X, and then you feel bad because you like Band X, and so to prove that you have good taste you declare that Band Y is crap.

It feels way more like a secret club to me than anything based on actual quality, partly because music snobs, unlike film snobs or lit snobs, tend to completely reject critics. All the reviewers in the world can give an album a great score and music snobs will still say it sucks.

Cliff Pervocracy

A forum with an NDA? For serious?

Either they think Manboobz will dox them (because that’s what David is all about, I hear he also eats puppies), or they’re straight-up acknowledging they plan to say horrible, horrible things on that forum.

…It’s amazing how many people we encounter who think having their own words repeated is the nastiest sort of insult.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ katz

I think music snobbery very often turns into a form of bullying. That’s why I made a conscious decision to stop acting on those impulses.

hellkell
hellkell

Would an NDA on a forum even be enforcible? I would think not, and also that Price does not have the drag to make enforcement a reality.

Why do I suspect that the penalty for breaking the NDA will be 1000 troy oz of 24 karat gold?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I think he’s probably going to invent a security breach and then use it as an excuse for doxxing or some other similarly sketchy behavior.

Also, “whomst” is not a word.

jumbofish

No way is he for real. XD

Hershele Ostropoler

Slavey:

Look, it’s really quite simple, is there a quota system in place for employment, education, ect? The answer is undeniably yes.

Where is this happening Never mind, I’m not sure you even understand why that’s a relevant question. Look, do you believe in objective reality at all? Like, do you understand that some things are true and some things are not true? Do you understand that some things happen and some things do not happen? Do you understand that some things exist and some things do not exist?

kladle
kladle

I’m not sure that blog is real but the kid appears to have a youtube account (that is more than a day old) which corroborates some of his story (traveling across the country to LA, liking terrible hard rock bands, making MRAish comments)

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I’m just waiting for him to build Zinn’s Gulch.

Who is Jim Zinn?

Nanasha
Nanasha

I work for a government agency. They track the amount of minority and female people who work in each department (you can request these lists of percentages as part of public domain requests if you would like from your local agency). Reliably, pretty much every department is marked as having fewer than an equitable number of minorities and/or women, even when they are encouraged to apply. The truth of the matter is that males and/or white people (I think there’s maybe one or two black guys total who work for the entire local government, and there are only a handful of Asian or Latin American people), and the majority is really mostly white guys and white ladies. And believe me, I see people interviewing- there’s a good number of women and minority people who interview. But white guys just tend to get hired. Go figure. *shrug*

thebewilderness
thebewilderness

Whomst should be a word. Whosoever works, but whomst just looks grand sitting on the page.

The schools must just be a nightmare for boys like this. When they aren’t presenting the material in such a way that girls get better grades than boys they are giving scholarships to girls with low GPAs instead of boys with 4. grade averages. Dreadful.

Whomstsoever.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

My name is Jimmy Zinn, I’m a 19 year old MRA, hard rocker, and transhumanist. It’s unfortunate that I find myself intoxicated on the infamous cheap, fortified wine immortalized in this kick-ass song….
Now, I’ve had an interesting start with Miss. Rebecca Watson of Skepchick, one of the many subconsciously misandrist so common in the feminist community. I sent Miss Watson an email this morning which she was only to happy to repost on her blog. …

In advance I’d like to apologize for my writing in this email being below my usual standard- I haven’t sleep for 48 hours and am completely smashed on 100% pure California nightrain express wine…but anyway:

There’s your problem dude, did you even let the hangover settle before hitting the wine again?

Re: music snobbery — I’d probably get called a music snob because I have rather…strange…tastes, but I do think there’s a difference between “meh not my style” and “that’s not as good as [favorite artist] do how can you possibly listen to it?!” — I have such strange tastes as they’re wtf I pieced back together after living with a gaslighting asshole who made a point of mocking my taste in music though, so I may be hyper aware where the line is between “I don’t like it” and “you are a terrible person for liking it”.

VoIP
VoIP

I’m a 19 year old MRA, hard rocker, and transhumanist.

Of course.

Savage Like Me

Bless ‘im, at least he dreams big.

Magical Laura (@_magical_laura)

“If the singer is totally off-key or uses a weirdly inconsistent vibrato or requires a lot of auto-tuning to even be listenable, then … that’s where things get objective.”

So basically Katy Perry? 😀

Xanthë

Is this the real Jimmy Zinn? Is Jimmy Zinn real? I have no idea.

Shoot Rebecca an e-mail, and see if the e-mail which he used to post the comment here matches up with what she received? (She didn’t actually publicise his e-mail address, so a match would confirm it.)

ozymandias42

What is it with people who identify as transhumanists and being assholes? I know lots of people who think transhumanism would be awesome or who think the Singularity is plausible but don’t really care about it, and they’re all cool. But the second you go about making it a huge part of your identity you almost inevitably become a raging asshole. I don’t get it.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

@ozy: My pet theory is that for people where the Singularity is a huge thing, it acts as an atheistic replacement for dualistic religions that hold the body as rotten and the spirit as being exalted. Now religious people aren’t all assholes, but the small subset of ‘highly dedicated, new converts’ tends to be, and by definition all Singularity people are relatively new converts, and we’ve explicitly restricted our analysis to the highly dedicated.

Wouldn’t a transhumanist support autotuning? We’re transcending our natural ability to sing!

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

I think this Jimmy Zinn guy is for real. He’s not saying too much that’s different from other MRA’s. He’s just added a rock revolution plan to standard MRA nonsense. He’s nowhere near as bizarre as Zero Tolerance Man either.

I don’t consider myself to be a music snob, because I have questionable taste in music myself. However, I would be leery of anyone who likes music from the artistry against misandry website. Not only are the lyrics offensive, the sound of the music itself is terrible. I don’t mind listening to people sing at karaoke bars, and even I think the song “Go my own Way” is a musical abomination.

Magical Laura (@_magical_laura)

Haha yes you have a point Kendra! I’m a big hip-hop fan and I can safely say I would rather listen to Vanilla Ice on repeat than have to hear that godawful last offering from AAM.

Pecunium

BlacBloc: @ozy: My pet theory is that for people where the Singularity is a huge thing, it acts as an atheistic replacement for dualistic religions that hold the body as rotten and the spirit as being exalted.

I also notice that many of them are terrified of dying. I suspect that’s a major part of the reason for their passion.

They don’t believe in a durable soul (I’m not really sure I do, and I pretty much expect death to be a lot of nothing. This is sort of sad, but it’s not going to bother me when it happens. If I’m wrong, then the afterlife is gravy).

Add a fear of death and the idea of something which effectively creates a soul, and you have a recipe for fanatic devotion.

They are on a mission to save their lives: and everyone elses, for all eternity (or at least until the heat death of the universe).

indifferentsky

seems that way. Maybe there’s a sample problem with sellers-of-ideas. Although I used to think this about internet Libertarians. As time passed, I realized that internet libertarians don’t just *seem* like assholes.

indifferentsky

I just thought of something.

Me on the internet at 19??????????

Panic attack. I need to go lie down.
I hope I would have the good sense not to post pictures. Good sense, lol. I need to lie down.

Jessay (@jessay)

I’m dying at, “Sorry we aren’t hiring white males right now.” hahaha.

Also are you fucking kidding me? I was just listening to an old mix from high school last night and I realized just how misogynistic almost every song I used to listen to was. I think I came across an MRA anthem too

“I need a girl that I can train.”

Jessay (@jessay)

I sincerely hope that, 10 years from now, there will be angry young white guys calling for a Vanilla Ice revolution.

I hear Ice Ice Baby at least once a week from young white guys at karaoke.

As for LFO, lolll. I have this friend who was signed to the record label owned by one of the members of LFO (hopefully not the abortion one, not Rich, hahaha, ummm, Devin?). And so they played a show together once and the guy from LFO was TERRIFYING! He had these creepy eyes and was harassing me and my girlfriends from stage and I was just laughing at him directly to his face. It was hilaribad. He tried to heckle me back but he didn’t understand that he was dealing with a master heckler.

I’ve been considered a music snob at times but it’s really just because I have a low tolerance for music I don’t like. Listening to it makes me angry. So when people try to force feed me bad music I can be somewhat aggressive about how much I hate it. Like I can’t stand Bon Iver but everyone won’t shut up about him/them and they make me listen to it in the car and I actually become depressed and consider jumping out of the moving vehicle just to make it stop. It’s bad.

That being said, I pretty much listen to pretentious indie rock and angry white guy music (while being an angry white girl) so it’s not like I have superior taste to anybody. I just spent the night before last jumping on a bunch of sweaty dudes and screaming along to skacore at a reuinion show haha. Meanwhile the other people I know who have also kinda aged out of the scene were being actual music snobs. Making sarcastic remarks about how above all of it they were. I just wanted to be like, “Then why are you here?”

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

He’s gong to change the world with 1990s poodle rock?!!
This guy is a narcissist. He is not well in the head. He is living in an elaborate fantasy world. I know I’ve had dealings with people who live in narcissistic delusions. I bet his band sucks, that is if he even has a band and not just an imaginary one. He needs a good psychiatrist.