a voice for men antifeminism disgusting women evil women hypocrisy irony alert misandry misogyny MRA none dare call it conspiracy oppressed men reactionary bullshit we hunted the mammoth

Heads, you’re a misandrist. Tails, you’re also a misandrist.

Watch out for the Misandry Bears and their giant Misandry Teeth.

You may recall a post I did the other day about Roger Ebert’s recent claim that women are superior to men. You may also recall that my basic thesis was that Ebert was completely wrong. Heck, you didn’t even have to read my post to see what my stance was; I made it clear in the title itself, which started off with the words “no, women aren’t better than men.”

Well, apparently my saying explicitly that women are not superior to men, and approvingly quoting another feminist saying the same thing, was too much to handle for the proprietor of an exciting new blog chronicling how wrong and bad I and my commetariat are. Mikhael Varpole of the imaginatively named Anti-Man Boobz blog (motto: “Exposing Man Boobz as a vile hate cult”) wrote about Ebert’s claim, and my response, in a recent post.

Here’s what he wrote:

Naturally, Futrelle and the boob gallery had to get in on the action. To his credit, Futrelle doesn’t condone Ebert’s misandry- but then again Dave’s always been a sneaky one that way. He won’t stand in solidarity with Ebert- but note that he’s happy to spin an instance of bold-faced misandry into an opportunity to bash MRAs who are righteously angry, ultimately concluding:

Guys, I hate to have to tell you this, but you’re sort of making it look like Ebert might have a point.

Remember what I said about subtle bigotry? This is a prime example. Misandry and misandric attitudes are dismissed in our culture because the concept itself is seen as illegitimate. And by portraying AVfM’s righteous anger as childish and “proving Ebert’s point”, Futrelle is knowingly and consciously destroying the legitimacy of misandry as a concept. It’s psychological manipulation on a global scale, and it’s downright sinister. And Futrelle, along with his lickspittle toadies, are happily contributing to the anti-male conspiracy.

Yes, explicitly stating that women aren’t superior to men is an exceedingly subtle form of misandry indeed.

Oh, and in case you’ve forgotten what the allegedly “righteous” anger of the AVFM crowd looks like, here’s are a couple of excerpts from the angry screeds I quoted from in my post:

Feminism has provided today’s pampered princesses with the privilege-stuffed, consequence-free Nirvana that they believe they’re entitled to. Do you really think they can be swayed with reason and logic?

And:

That doesn’t sound so much like “subtle bigotry” as “just straight-up bigotry.” This is anger of an exceedingly un-righteous kind.

Well, after receiving some gentle mockery at the hands of the Man Boobz commetariat – sorry, at the hands of my “lickspittle toadies” – Varpole posted a comment here trying to clarify his stance.

I disdain commenting here for obvious reasons, but I have to clarify that subtle or “benign” misandry can be as damaging as overt bigotry- moreso, even, because it’s harder to call out. Radfem-level misandry can usually be dismissed (usually). But less overt displays of male-hatred are very difficult, because the concept has no veracity in a misandric, male-hating, anti-man culture. A culture, by the way, that MEN set up, and MEN continue to run, at both the low and high levels.

Well, this is an interesting thesis. Men – sorry, MEN – created the world as we know it, and run things – and yet have decided to set up a culture that is “male-hating [and] anti-man.” How would that even work?

After several commenters – sorry, toadies – asked him to explain this mysterious paradox, Varpole posted a clarification of his clarification on his blog.

First, I admit that “men maintain the culture” is an oversimplification. Obviously, that’s not true- certainly not today, arguably not ever. There are women police officers, women in government, women farmers, women firefighters, etc. Women do contribute to the maintenance of civilization. Not as much as men, but nonetheless.

On the other hand, women, feminists, and their assorted mangina lackeys have a disproportionate influence in the media and pop culture. Feminists and their dogs control the messages beamed at us through music, video games, and Hollywood. They have the print news media.  They control primary education (how many teachers are men?) and thus the shaping of our youth. The infamous SOPA was almost certainly backed by feminists, in an attempt to bring the Internet (not coincidentally, the primary holdout of MRAs) under their control. Even when it is a male hand holding the pen, a male voice speaking into the mic, they are generally manginas who kowtow to female demands (see: Roger Ebert; Bill Clinton; H.L. Mencken). Thus, they are mouthpieces for the misandrist NWO, and are not in any way representative of men as a class; it’s just a different mechanism for the female perspective. …

I’m not saying thy’re calling for mass castration or anything like that (such a move would be too obvious). But there is a systematic denigration of men and masculinity in the media, and a subtle promotion of a misandrist, feminist, female supremacist ideology. In the news, in television, movies, literature, comic strips- we see the epidemic with our own eyes.

Huh. MEN created and still run the world, but “women, feminists, and their assorted mangina lackeys” dominate the media and popular culture with their evil anti-man agenda? There’s no getting around it: Varpole seems to be suggesting that MEN are just terrible at running the world.

Wouldn’t such an argument be … misandry?

Not even subtle misandry, at that.

I look forward to more blatant misandry from Anti-Man Boobz in the future.

As well as some critiques of his misandry from a mysterious, even newer blog that sprung up the other day: Anti-Anti-Manboobz, devoted to debunking Anti-Man Boobz and being meta as fuck.

Wheels within wheels.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

He does seem a bit focused on shows that are all about cute girls, doesn’t he? I hope Selena Gomez has a good security team in place.

(I have no idea what most of the programming on the Disney Channel is like, because like Shadow I’ve only seen it when under threat of a child throwing a tantrum if the channel is changed.)

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

I love me some Phineas and Ferb.

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

Maybe someday we can find a cure for Anti-anti-anti Manboobzism. Of course, it’s more an ideological stance than a disease, but still.

Kyrie
Kyrie

Anti-anti-anti-anti Manboobzism?

Argenti Aertheri

Ok, so if I follow (and am particularly pedantic) then anti-anti-anti manboobzism is the opposition to anti-anti manboobz — which could either be in support of anti manboobz, or simply against the idea of anti-anti manboobz (eg y’all aren’t making any sense). Which means anti-anti-anti manboobz is either in support of anti-anti manboobz, or against anti-anti-anti manboobz (eg it’s funny, let it go).

You might need a pro-anti manboobz and pro-anti-anti manboobz to clarify this.

err, I fucked that up.

“Which means anti-anti-anti-anti manboobz is either in support of anti-anti manboobz, or against anti-anti-anti manboobz (eg it’s funny, let it go).”

There, I think that’s right now.

Kyrie
Kyrie

It’s “against”, what ever the number of “anti”. Anit-Manboobz is not “pro-misogyny” or even “anti mocking misogyny”, certainly not “against misandry” or any other combinaison. He’s just against the blog Manboobz, against David and against Manboobzers. Because fighting such a small number of person, just one tiny blog, is much easier than thinking about real problem, it suits better their martyr and white knight complexes (which is why, btw, you’ll encounter so many good/bad comparisons, like the LOTR one)

Argenti Aertheri

Kyrie — while I agree and was just being pedantic, anti-manboobz is defending anti mocking misogyny, you should read his latest, he’s definitely anti mocking misogyny (or at least anti-mocking-Chris). Anti manboobzers via anti mocking Chris? I really don’t care, even if he did call me a spoilsport (I was dubbed Princess Spoilsport McGee the third a long time ago by much better company than him)

Argenti Aertheri

defending? that should say definitely, I have no fucking clue wtf that was >.< (sleep dep probably, I do it often enough I don't bother typing it out)

Donnie
Donnie

I don’t want to read the entire comment thread (MISOGYNY!) but I’d like to make a snarky comment on the phrase “. . . .not as much, but nonetheless.” (MISANDRY!)
Has it been done already?

‘Cause if you were doing some kind of Sentence Algebra and you had to cancel out the phrase “not as much” on one side of the equation, adding “nonetheless” to both sides would do the trick.

How are these lady firefighters managing to contribute no less than the gentleman firemen while still not contributing as much?

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

Regarding our old buddy Slavey, and his obsession with pubescent girls, I actually encountered a number of these lovely creatures over the weekend. On Saturday, I attended a family gathering where a pair of twin girls I had known since infancy were also present. It was clear that these girls had hit adolescence with a vengeance, and were quite cute and attractive, though they were probably only 12 or 13. The next day, in our local swimming pool, I saw another girl of comparable age and development, resplendent in a bikini. Both times, though I tried not to stare, I couldn’t help but notice how drop-dead gorgeous these girls were.

Still, it never occurred to me that these girls were teasing or tempting me in any way. It never occurred to me to be angry at them for being young, attractive, and out of reach. It also was obvious from listening to their talk and observing their behavior that these girls were just that–girls, as in children. In short any attraction I may have felt for them drained away as soon as they opened their mouths. Again, I never felt anger or resentment, but rather awkwardness and embarrassment for feeling attracted, however fleetingly, to someone who was obviously still mentally and emotionally a child.

So, to recap:

1. Girls hitting adolescence: normal

2. Men noticing that girls are hitting adolescence: also normal.

3. Girls feeling awkward and conflicted about their emerging sexuality (possibly enjoying some of the attention they receive from boys their age, but generally not wanting middle aged men drooling over them): again, normal.

4. Middle-aged milk machine repairmen becoming enraged at little sluts who tease them by being all slutty and attractive, yet out of reach: seriously, what the fuck?

Major Kong
Major Kong

“[E]verything on this earth from the knickers these women wear on their fat buts, all the way through to just about every single thing they touch in their day, up to and including homes, buildings, cars, trains, rockets, and the food they stuff down their throats, has all been either invented or produced by those useless ‘less than’ human, men.'”

Silly women! They never invented barbed wire, the machine gun, mustard gas, the concentration camp, the U-Boat, carpet bombing, the 1.2 megaton free-fall nuclear weapon, the ICBM, weaponized anthrax or any of the other fun little toys we’ve slaughtered millions with over the years.

What a bunch of “ungrateful little sluts”.

Pecunium

Yeah, and they never spun, nor ground the flour, nor baked the bread, nor reared the children, nor…

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Ha ha, I just went over to Varpole’s post again and noticed he had 16 comments. I thought “Wow, he actually got some readers and commenters!”. Then I clicked on the comments and it was just some of us manboobzers. He should be thanking us for giving him attention. Without us, his blog would be deserted.

Dracula
Dracula

…the knickers these women wear on their fat buts…produced by those useless ‘less than’ human, men.’

About this; haven’t the vast majority of workers in the textile industry pretty much always been women?

cloudiah

@Dracula Historically yes, at least in the United States. Look at the history of Lowell or Lawrence Mass. for examples of how women transitioned out of doing this kind of work as piecework (or “outwork”) from their homes and into doing it in factories. Or the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire, the 3rd deadliest disaster ever experienced in NYC. Not sure about the present. A friend of mine who works with garment workers in Los Angeles sweatshops says it is more mixed, although women still outnumber men slightly in her estimation. They use a lot of minors too, both male and female. And I think in England during the Industrial Revolution they used mainly child labor.

Pecunium

The Luddites were men protesting the shift to more automated weaving. They stopped being seen as skilled labor, actually working the looms, to mere, “shifters” responsible for not much more than keeping the “bobbins” from running out.

But women and children were moved into the workforce in pretty short order.

Historically spinning and weaving have been female. Feltmaking was more traditionally male; I think because it required managing animals.

ABNOY
ABNOY

“Why is a single, childless middle-aged person watching the Disney Channel?”

Well duh, because said person is entertained by it.

“It’s my life and it’s now or never, because I’m not going to live forever. I just want to live while I’m alive.” – Jon Bon Jovi

* That said, I’ve always found the American tween shows on the Disney Channel to be jarringly dissonant, coming from a ridiculudicruously white-breaded first-world WASPy suburban lifestyle …

Snowy
Snowy

Well duh, because said person is entertained by it.

Well he certainly doesn’t act very entertained by it, unless if by “entertained” you mean “sputtering with impotent rage”. Also, what is with the Bon Jovi quote? Was that an accident or is it random quote day and no one told me?

Hershele Ostropoler

“There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death.” –Isaac Asimov

I love random quote day!

jumbofish

lol NWO got anything to say about ABNOY claiming you love the Disney channel?

cloudiah

Random quote day rocks!
“Life is a game. Money is how we keep score.” — Ted Turner

Pecunium

“There is crying in Baseball”

Vin Scully

Shadow
Shadow

“Muscle may be able to move mountains, but faith can lift an entire civilization.” – Kurt Wagner 😛

ozymandias42

I have no problem with people willingly watching Disney channel– Phineas and Ferb is pretty cool. Being a fan of Selena Gomez is possibly a sign of poor taste, but poor taste has never been a crime. I am slightly puzzled about why someone would hate-watch it though.

cloudiah

I’ma stick with old Teddy…
“Nuclear war would really set back cable.” – Ted Turner

Kyrie
Kyrie

“Fear cuts deeper than swords.”
― George R.R. Martin

cloudiah

Switching it up:
“Right now I feel that I’ve got my feet on the ground as far as my head is concerned.” — Baseball pitcher Bo Belinsky

Dracula
Dracula

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear. And the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” – H.P. Lovecraft

Yisheng Qingwa

“Ever since the world began
Woman was always teaching man
And I you listen to my bid attentively
I goin’ tell you how she smarter than me”

Harry Belafonte

ozymandias42

“I will not procrastinate regarding any ritual granting immortality.” –Evil Overlord List.

““Other men were stronger, faster, younger, why was Syrio Forel the best? I will tell you now.” He touched the tip of his little finger lightly to his eyelid. “The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of it.”– George R. R. Martin

“If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star you’ll still be beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy.”– Terry Pratchett

Arielle Shander

“Did ya fill a quota? Admittedly, I don’t have much time for games. From what I’ve seen though, during character creation you can make your character look pretty much anyway you want. Don’t blame men for your indulgence in creating the busty babe.”

NWOSlave be trollin’. No, there’s no “quota” in my school, hence the reason there are almost no women in my program. Also, don’t talk about what you know almost nothing about. You admit you don’t play games, then you accuse us women indulge in creating busty babes (which is, like, total troll shit). Even though character creation is getting better, something like bust size is seldom customizable.

“See, in this industry, you often get gigs based on word of mouth. You get on set and find that they are missing some crew members, so they have you recommend people you’ve worked with in the past. And the men always have each other’s backs and call each other. The only people who spread my name for paying gigs have been women. And it’s treated almost like a responsibility of women in the industry to help your fellow female film makers out because you know the men aren’t going to keep them in mind.”

Thanks for sharing your experience, Jessay. I’m still in school (I’m graduating in the fall), so I haven’t been job-hunting yet (but I will be soon). Right now, I have a site dedicated to showing off my projects and employment, as well as my writing. I’ve also had an internship, and now I have a part-time, temporary position with the same company (they rehired me, which would likely reflect well on me).

There’s a women’s game development group on LinkedIn that I joined, and if I recall correctly, a man created it. Maybe there’s a film-making equivalent on it, too? I hope you can find more places that are willing to help get your name out there.

Dracula
Dracula

“This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.”

– Gollum

Rutee Katreya

Not if you want to be flat.

Hershele Ostropoler

@Ozy: I think Pterry was being a little hard on “following your star” which is getting out and doing shit.

Argenti Aertheri

Oh is it random quote day? 🙂

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.- Frank Zappa

Tulgey Logger

“A rotten pear sits somewhere in my car.
To rid it of the smell I drive it very far.”

-me

Magpie
Magpie

Random quote from parliamentary inquiry:

Coffee mugs containing a misspelling of the US President’s name were given a ”mafia-style” burial under concrete, a Senate hearing was told yesterday. The Department of Parliamentary Services had 200 mugs made to coincide with a planned 2010 visit of President Barack Obama. But after two mugs were sold, it was noticed the President’s given name was misspelled ”Barrack”. Departmental official Bronwyn Graham told the hearing the remaining 198 mugs were broken into fragments and used in a concrete pour for the Parliament House loading dock. Ms Graham said ”the last thing we wanted was for the fragments to be found on a garbage tip somewhere”.

Dan Harrison

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/hiding-evidence-is-a-mugs-game-20120521-1z1fk.html#ixzz1vYp60dYp

Pecunium

The highest praise a translation can attain is when the reader casts it into the fire and begins to learn the original language for himself.

Phillip Vellacort

Viscaria
Viscaria

” Just what I always wanted. My own little bunny rabbit. I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him…” — Hugo the Abominable Snowman

Dracula
Dracula

“Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
Elves are marvellous. They cause marvels.
Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.
Elves are terrific. They beget terror.
The thing about words is that meaning can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
No one ever said elves are nice.
Elves are bad.”

Terry Pratchett – Lords and Ladies

ABNOY
ABNOY

Bah, if no one noticed, the Bon Jon Jovi was connected to watching the Disney Channel because it was entertaining….

Viscaria
Viscaria

Dude, you think NWO watches the Disney Channel because it is entertaining? And then comes here to ragepost about how it’s all teenage/preteen sluts who are there to torture men with boners, because MISANDRY!!?!? No.

Argenti Aertheri

Viscaria — “…I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him…” — Hugo the Abominable Snowman

Thank you for the context on that, I picked that bit of it up when I was too young to remember the source and can now properly cite why I want to name everything George (I don’t actually want to name everything George, but any line about how I will hug and pet anything starts with “I will name him George”…because I’m weird like that)

ABNOY — it’s not NWO’s “connection” to the Disney Channel that’s the problem here, it’s that he clearly hates it and yet he keeps watching it — and that only makes sense if there’s a child threatening to have a fit if you change the channel.

traindodger

Uhh… do these guys know how many sweatshop workers are women?

hellkell
hellkell

“Go to school, I ain’t goin’ for it, kiss my ass, bust the cap on the Moet.” –Socrates

Shadow
Shadow

“9 to 5 is how you survive, I ain’t tryna survive, I’m tryna live it to the limit and love it a lot” – Karl Marx

Dracula
Dracula

“I’m the King of Rock,
there is none higher.
Sucker MCs can call me sire.”

– Oscar Wilde

hellkell
hellkell

“had a little horsey named Paul Revere, just me and my horsey and a quart of beer”–Goerge Washington