bronies misogyny rape rapey whaaaaa?

A Brony has some truly horrifying questions about rape

I have no words:

Is Mr. Sookdeo trolling here? Over on Bronysay, where I found this, someone claiming to know him says he was serious, just a bit “confused.” The questions seem sincere to me. Ugh.

Cliff Pervocracy

Why don’t guys like having entire loaves of bread shoved down their throat?

I mean, guys like to eat bread, right? I totally understand if someone’s gluten intolerant or whatever (see, I’m sensitive), but otherwise… hey, free bread!

Maybe it’s a societal norm about how you’re supposed to eat bread.

Yosei

Holy shit. The responses don’t look promising either.

Allison (@neverdidlikeyou)

I just.. what the.. o_O

bhacssylan
bhacssylan

._. indeed….

Cyberbird
Cyberbird

With a Fluttershy icon, no less.

I hate bronies.

Shadow
Shadow

I’m more horrified by the responses. I honestly think that that’s even more horrifying than the “rape is equality” dude

hellkell
hellkell

Holy shit.

Argenti Aertheri

“rape is healthy in small doses” What. The. Fuck. is a small dose of rape?! *hed esplodes*

“…whether or not rape is enjoyable….” — if you’re fucking enjoying it it’s not rape you fucking…arghh…I’ll refrain from insulting that idiot, and go bleach my brain for about the 4th time today >.<

zhinxy
zhinxy

And I’m just gonna guess that he does, however, KNOW that men hate rape because it’s gay (and female rape of a male is impossible cause guys like sex)

cloudiah

The guy who says he is serious but confused goes on to say “He’s a cool guy too, so fuck you people. You guy’s are as stupid as he was for asking this by just attacking him.”

ò_ó

Thae86
Thae86

Right, because “rape=sex!” The ignorance. It burns.

blitzgal

Consensual domination play with a partner of your choosing, who you are able to establish ground rules with and who you trust IS NOT THE FUCKING SAME AS BEING RAPED. Asshole!

Cliff Pervocracy

Anyway, only some women like consensual domination play. (And only some of those like it on the bottom.)

I notice the generous fellas who say “but this is a fetish for some women!” never seem so eager to go around, say, wearing sandals in case there’s a woman near them with a foot fetish.

cloudiah

Another commenter:

/)_- *facehoof*

♥‿♥

Rachael

I mean, why do guys hate receiving forced anal sex? I mean, it’s SEX, right? And sex is fun! And I’ll reach around, I promise.

I think they should just relax and enjoy it, and stop worrying about how society tells them it’s wrong.

blitzgal

This is true as well. The whole issue which seems to escape Mr. Brony is the issue of agency. Women…..we has it.

GingerSnaps
GingerSnaps

ALL the brain bleach.

Rachael

@blitzgal: Indeed. As somebody who likes such CONSENSUAL play, both top and bottom, I am baffled how somebody cannot understand that not-so-insignificant difference.

Kyrie
Kyrie

I need to pet a cat. 🙁

Cliff Pervocracy

It’s a tautology, anyway. “Why don’t women want to do something that is defined by not wanting to do it?”

I know that’s the shallowest possible criticism, but I feel like there’s something to this–some fundamental confusion over the concept that women could want or not want things at all.

QuantumSparkle
QuantumSparkle

the… the fuck???

I like to think people are generally decent, but apparently there really are people who should not be allowed in society without a moral supervisor. If you can’t figure out why people don’t like being raped, I just don’t even have a clue how you can fix that kind of fuckeduppedness.

And, if he does understand and is “just trolling”, then is that… better? I really don’t know if that’s better or worse! Both possibilities are so profoundly morally corrupt that I can’t judge them.

GingerSnaps
GingerSnaps

“Why don’t women want to do something that is defined by not wanting to do it?”

cloudiah

Kitten brain bleach:

Lady Zombie
Lady Zombie

There are no words. Fucking hell.

Hyperio
Hyperio

As a person who likes the show, I am terrified and saddened. For one, the person seems to lack any empathy towards women. For two, he uses as avatar Fluttershy, a pegasus whose one of character traits is *kindness*, and however fearful she is sometimes, she doesn’t let anyone force her to do anything she hates. Fluttershy also has moments of courage when her friends are in danger. Total opposite of the person who asks about the rape.

It appears someone has completely missed entire point of the show… 🙁

Argenti Aertheri

“And, if he does understand and is “just trolling”, then is that… better?” only if he defriended everyone who agreed with his “point”…and even then, no, not really, not without ending his “performance art” with an explanation that everyone who agreed supports rape.

“I had a high school economy class where one period, I shit you not, some kid asked the teacher why diabetics don’t just make their own insulin.” — someone asked your economics teacher that? How is that relevant….or were you discussing tautologies?

Donnie
Donnie

Well . . . but . . . . I mean . . . huh.
Let’s see.
Well . . . . he does seem confused, so he’s got that going for him.

kladle
kladle

I’m pretty sure this dude is operating at the “sex is something a man does to women” level and so of course he is confused! Rape is also just sex that you (the man) do to women, so why would a woman make a fuss about it??? No diff!!!

Donnie
Donnie

>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>

That’s how I read it. The brony asks why women don’t enjoy an act which, by definition, people do not enjoy (if you like it, if you welcome it, it ain’t rape, yes?)

The kid in the Econ class asks why a set of people defined by their inability to regulate insulin production don’t simply regulate their insulin production.

Perhaps a better analogy would be a kid who asked why the Klan didn’t work for racial harmony in the 20th century (“Why didn’t the members of a group defined by a common goal use their group’s influence to achieve the opposite of what they wanted?”) since that would touch on the ideas of willingness and desire. But then, that probably didn’t happen, and the insulin question presumably did.

Karalora

I’m not sure whether reading it in Fluttershy’s voice makes it suddenly funny in an absurdist way, or even worse.

itsrdc
itsrdc

[quote]if you’re fucking enjoying it it’s not rape you fucking…[/quote]

For the record, enjoyment has fuck all to do with it, it’s still about consent. People have been known to orgasm during their rapes, that doesn’t make it ok or not rape.

pillowinhell

Um…wow..not. You know, I thought I’d read some truly rehensible shit on the net. I thought mothers day screeds were bad. But what the hell are we supposed to do with this level of stupid?!

How hard is it to figure out that being raped is violating? It doenst matter how bad or not you were beaten, it doesn’t matter if you got STD or pregnant or not, it doesn’t matter how conscious or aware at the time you were.. It also doesn’t matter if you orgasmed or not or what kind of resulting trauma you did or did not experience afterwards. The fact remains that your body was put to a use you did not agree to. That you’re being intimately used in a way that totally denies you’re a human being!!

Seriously, how do you even begin to explain this to someone this clueless.
Cliff, you’re example is a good start, I’m just not sure it conveys the right level of ick.

Rachel Swirsky
Rachel Swirsky

Just noting that it’s not abnormal for stimulation to occur during rape. Obviously physical arousal is a far cry from enjoyment, but I know that rape victims sometimes suffer a lot of guilt from thinking their physical reaction means they did “enjoy” it, so I just wanted to specify that it’s not unusual, doesn’t mark consent, and anyway, enjoyment is about brain not automatic bodily responses.

GingerSnaps
GingerSnaps

I believe the teacher was saying something about how the market for insulin would always exist because there would always be people who couldn’t make their own insulin (we were discussing market elasticity).

Diabetics are defined by their inability to make insulin, asking them to do so defies rational thought. Expecting women to like rape means ignoring what rape *is*, and defies rational thought.

I’d talk about my attacker but I’m low on brain bleach. And happy pills.

Argenti Aertheri

@Donnie — I was questioning that comment’s relevancy to the class, not the post, it’s certainly just as tautological as the post.

@Rachel Swirsky — sorry, I should’ve been clearer but was stuck on “fuck” still — I didn’t mean to imply physical stimulation makes it not rape and should’ve said consenting.

@pillowinhell —
“The fact remains that your body was put to a use you did not agree to. That you’re being intimately used in a way that totally denies you’re a human being!!

Seriously, how do you even begin to explain this to someone this clueless.”

With examples? Though in context I’m not really sure how to do that without ending up with something too close to a rape joke.

GoodGravey

I just wanna cry.

Trolling or not, I just….

Argenti Aertheri

@GingerSnaps — ahhh and now it makes sense! Thank you. There’s kitty brain bleach above if you need it.

Also, capybaras are apparently not fond of snow —

Pecunium

I suspect the question (about insulin) wasn’t quite as stupid as all that. He might have been asking why diabetics couldn’t manufacture insulin for themselves, rather than having to buy it from other people.

The same way I make bread, or spin yarn, etc.

pillowinhell

Argenti, that’s my problem too. I’ve never been a rape survivor so I don’t have my own experience to draw from. Cliffs example at least covers some of the violation aspect (and the stupidity the replies bring up)..but to convey the rest…I don’t know how to do that without suggesting that they would need to experience it themselves to understand. And THAT is not a place I want to go..

Argenti Aertheri

pillowinhell — “Perhaps it would help if they thought of a sex act they find personally revolting and did some thinlkng about what being forced to perform that act would be like?” — is basically what I was thinking, but my brain cannot find an example that isn’t rape (and I am a rape survivor)

Ah, well, I can maybe…example: how would they feel if, while vomitingly drunk, their ride decided they had to perform some task they really didn’t want to before they could get that ride (and there are no buses at this hour, and it’s snowing) — the act in question could be non-sex and it might still make the example work. Extra points if the request is made while they’re actually praying to the porcelain goddess.

ostara321
ostara321

Why don’t people like having their organs stolen? I mean, it’s basically just like donating an organ and most people want to be organ donors*, right? Or is it because organ thieves might not be sanitary? /sarcasm

That’s not the best example, but I think it demonstrates the “use of someone’s body against their will” aspect. It’s about as stupid as the above question anyway.

*for the record, I know not everybody wants to be an organ donor, nor are they obliged to if they don’t want to because, duh, consent.

Cliff Pervocracy

That’s not quite right, though, because someone might enjoy a particular act, but not enjoy being forced to do it with a person and at a time not of their choosing.

This is where the “I’m a guy, I’d always want sex” stupidity gets in the way of giving good sexual examples.

I think a decent metaphor, though, is having delicious food you would normally enjoy rammed forcibly down your throat. Or, I dunno… being made to dance at gunpoint. Whether you enjoy dancing or not isn’t going to be very relevant to how you feel about that–the fact that you’re being forced to is definitely going to be foremost in your mind.

pillowinhell

Argenti, that might be a good place to start.
It would definitely convey just how much you don’t want to be there/ in that situation and the gross cruelty of the person making the demand.

Argenti Aertheri

“Or, I dunno… being made to dance at gunpoint. Whether you enjoy dancing or not isn’t going to be very relevant to how you feel about that–the fact that you’re being forced to is definitely going to be foremost in your mind.”

I like this example (someone, somewhere, probably enjoys having food rammed down their throat, whereas “you will die if you do no comply” is probably against everyone’s wishes)

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

I noticed that the question was phrased such that it implied lall women everywhere have the same sexual preferences. PUAs, there’s step one of the myriad of logical fallacies involved in your method.

also /)_-

I am totally using that emote from now on.

Argenti Aertheri

@itsrdc — my apologies for that, I should’ve said consent but my brain was stuttering “fuck” and logic failed. I did not intend to imply that physiology = consent.

Blue Jean
Blue Jean

Everybody likes a cool glass of water on a hot day, right? Yet if you strap some guy to a table, pinch his nose shut, force his mouth open, stick a funnel down his throat, and start pouring in a gallon or so of nice cool water, he’ll start complaining about torture and the Geneva convention and how he had to drink to keep from drowning, etc.

I mean, everybody drinks water, right? Do they just complain if the water isn’t clean or something? You’re just giving him some water, right? Isn’t that a nice thing to do?

/sarcasm

lauralot89

Sweet Jesus. I was just about to go watch some MLP.

Now I think I’ll just have a good cry.

WordSpinner
WordSpinner

On the OP: WHAT. WHAT.

On a more fun topic: you guys have convinced me to get into MLP:FiM and I’ve been enjoying it in these days between finals and the start of my internship :). I’m currently listening to “The Art of the Dress.”

Shaenon

This post is awful, but at the same time I confess to being amused by the ongoing saga of Brony Misogyny.

I wish I didn’t already know that Fluttershy attracts a lot of creepy male fans, but I’ve got a brony friend who keeps me updated.

1 2 3 5