douchebaggery men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA

PUAs invade OkCupid!

Honestly, this would freak me the fuck out too.

Over on Buzzzfeed, a couple of interesting pieces on the fine art of online pickup artistry.

Kelly Bourdet looks at some of the online PUA gurus and their teachings, noting that

Online pick-up artistry has taken the original aims of IRL pick-up — to develop general tactics and techniques for attracting and bedding women— one step further. One dehumanizing step further. Now, instead of “peacocking” (wearing gaudy outfits to demonstrate Alpha status) in bars and using tired negs, we have them deconstructing every aspect of online persona and communication to create sleek, marketing packages of human beings to sell to one another.

In an even more entertaining companion piece, Ouiser Boudreaux (AKA the Annals of Online Dating gal) reports on some of the actual terrible things these online PUAs write to women in an attempt to “neg” them into their IRL beds.  Like “nice headband, bitch,” or “Lol, you look like a space commando.” Or this little passive-aggressive masterpiece:

You nearly have a perfect lack of grace. What happens when you realize only the also ran hotties slum it in brooklyn? Somebody who says they’re not good at being surface and rattles off a list of authors read mostly in high school english classes is nothing but surface. Your profile is among the most trite and cliche i’ve come across. which is a compliment of sorts, though keep in mind, you’re not in kansas anymore. You know who else won’t deal with a narcissist? just look in the mirror to find the answer: another narcissist.

None of these worked, in case you’re wondering.

CassandraSays

I don’t think that the latter quote is a neg in the classic sense. There seems to be a phenomenon where men on dating sites just randomly cruise around insulting women who they deem insufficiently fuckable/compliant/whatever. They don’t seem to have any intention of getting them into bed, it’s just a toxic combination of boredom, entitlement, and nastiness.

terrence

This is just proof of PUAs are growing in number as more people realize the truth: that the pick-up art is the best way to attract the fairer sex. Only tease because he is afraid of this. The women here at this site are afraid of their own subconscious, because deep down they know your wishes into reality, to be taken by a strong man. Men here at this side are afraid that is too BETA to be real PUAs. They really are. Soon take over and run out feminists.

jumbofish

Not the best brain bleach for the last post david. XD

Might need a bit of:

terrence

I think something is wrong with this site. My comments are not shown. Probably not be fixed because you are too BETA to know how computers work. If I was the one in charge of this site, all comments would always be displayed.

hellkell

Sure Terrence, whatever. How nice of you to come here and tell us what we what. Are you always this incoherent, or is it just a PUA strategy I’m unaware of?

terrence

Its not being incoherent, it is having a more scholarly tone. I am sorry you’re too BETA to comprehend. It’s how I write because it sounds more educated.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Ithilana showed me this one the other day:

My cat used to do the same thing, although not as cutely.

CassandraSays

Is Terrence our old friend Exploring Nature under a new name? The unique and fascinating use of English is similar.

jumbofish

What is with all the random trolls lately? Oh and terrence, no need to post here to try to prove to yourself its true.

hellkell

I don’t think it’s EN, Cassandra. He’s not completely off-topic.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Terrence knows us so much better than we know ourselves that he forgot how to use grammar.

terrence

I am not EN. I don’t even know who such a person is. I have never posted on this site before today. Sorry to burst your bubble. You can not have any life to keep track of people like that, though.

terrence

I can use grammar. It is a grammar of my own creating. Your womanly and/or BETA mind just can not comprehend how ALPHA someone must be to actually type intelligently and with efforted brilliance without being a pussified manslave.

CassandraSays

“Forgot” implies that there was a time when he was familiar with the basic rules of grammer. I’m finding that difficult to imagine.

Ruby Hypatia
Ruby Hypatia

What does it mean, “to be taken by a strong man?” Domination? If that’s what you mean, terrence, then that’s wishful thinking on your part. If women wanted to be dominated by men, then we wouldn’t have fought so hard for equality.

jumbofish

I’m calling poe

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Why don’t you and you grammar go your own way now, OK?

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Your, obviously.

CassandraSays

Isn’t the intent of a poe to amuse? If so this one isn’t doing very well so far.

Snowy
Snowy

It is a grammar of my own creating.

Oh this is just too amazing, yay for new trolls! And why the random caps Terrence? Is this another scholarly trend of which I am unaware?

Dracula
Dracula

I’m calling poe

Seconded.

Oh, god, is MRAL back?

jumbofish

I make my own grammar too!
bfjisgasjf hfiahfi pajdioasdj asduihad

YOU ARE ALL TOO ZETA TO GET IT!

terrence

No. I don’t have to email you anything. It is you who is the BETA. If you won’t take me off moderation, then I’m leaving. I am sorry anyone in disagreements with you must be termed a troll to your way of thinking but that is what gives you comforts in the cold nights so that it must be. Goodbye, TROLL David who is a TROLL!!!!

terrence

IT IS YOU WHO IS THE TROLL.

kladle
kladle

I can use it. I can use it nine times

drst
drst

it is having a more scholarly tone

Yeah, no. The “d” is for Doctor here, kid. Real scholars understand its versus it’s versus its’

Dracula
Dracula

This one’s kinda funny.

jumbofish

I love it when they splode

hellkell

WHEN YOU LOOK INTO THE TROLL, THE TROLL LOOKS INTO YOU.

Let’s see if it sticks ye olde flounce.

kladle
kladle

Terrence David won’t message you back for a date if you keep acting this way

Dracula
Dracula

Oh and kladle, you win an internet.

CassandraSays

In Soviet Manboobistan, blogger trolls you?

cloudiah

I loved that “It is a grammar of my own creating” too. I have laws of thermodynamics of my own creating, and they’re working great for me. The total amount of energy in the universe is expanding constantly!

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Well, that was short and not at all sweet. Did sound an awful lot like EN, though.

terrence

There is no difference between it’s versus its. ITS just a matter of which you find more preferring in the likely way. IT’S about having the creativity to think outside of the box and form thought in a convincing and special way, a way that says your not bound by common BETA rules but at the same time displays wit and poetry. IT’S a delicate dance to be completed. Being a “grammar nazi” turns women OFF because it shows, you are too in love with rules of the world to be in love with her. It is failing a major shit test.

Dracula
Dracula

EN doesn’t respond to things. Ever.

cloudiah

Goodbye, TROLL David who is a TROLL!!!!

Hello, TROLL David who is a TROLL!!!!

drst
drst

Can you troll your own website? If you’re posting to your own site, under another name, that’s sockpuppetry. Of course, making up fake names to post mean shit-stirring things to your own website would be an even more colossal waste of time than sock-ing.

I’m attempting to force logic onto a system not designed to accept it aren’t I.

Xanthë

Sounds like Terrence is falling into the old PUA trap of going several negs too far. No on-line dating success for you!

mythago

WTF. Did we just get trolled by Mojo Jojo?

re OKCupid, those don’t sound like negs. Negs are supposed to be a little bit of an insult but phrased in a way that makes it difficult to all it that. “Nice headband, bitch” is an insult, not a neg. A neg would be, I dunno, “Nice headband, it really hides the way your forehead is a little too big.”

hellkell

Mytha, there’s alos the classic “nice nails, are they real?” neg, which seriously? I’ve never had a guy pay attention to my nails.

CassandraSays

Dear PUA’s, please note for future reference – “nice boobs, how much did you pay for them?” or any similar neg based on implying that a woman’s boobs are too big to be real, said to a woman who does not have implants, will make her laugh in your face, and then tell all her friends so that they spend the rest of the evening pointing at you and laughing too.

mythago

@hellkell: it’s also particularly stupid, as it assumes women think having nail extensions is shameful.

hellkell

I didn’t mean to butcher your name like that in my previous comment, Mythago.

You’re right. They think fake nails/hair/boobs are all about shame. God forbid a woman does something about her appearance soley for herself.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

IT IS YOU WHO IS THE TROLL

I lol’d. Thank you, terrence.

Rutee Katreya

that the pick-up art is the best way to attract the fairer sex.

None of these worked, in case you’re wondering.

There’s a kernel of truth in this, in that it takes a very strong grasp of the rules to break them in a way that can be good writing. Allegedly, James Joyce managed it (Allegedly because seriously now…), Shakespeare verbed quite a few words, etc. That’s not you though. You’re just incoherent.

If you’re fake, I guess that was good enough.

Probably not be fixed because you are too BETA to know how computers work

Did computer nerds become Alphas at some point?

Roissy is supposedly alpha in your inane ranking systems, he certainly doesn’t do that XD

Its not being incoherent, it is having a more scholarly tone.

Even if that were true (Oh GOD is it not. My awesome composition professor would laugh in your face if you called this a ‘scholarly tone’), this isn’t a research paper, and as such a scholarly tone would not necessarily be appropriate.

Pecunium

Terrence: The hell? Is there an actual sentence in there?

I think you are trying to say the men here can’t get any? Or at least they can’t get as many as the PUAs claim to be getting.

So what?

The question shouldn’t be “how many people” someone is sleeping with but how much they get out of it.

Wait, I just saw your follow up:

More educated than what? Seriously dude, try for the basics (subject, verb, object) and learn to master them before you try for something more subtle, (say a comparative clause, or a verbal adverb. With work you can manage things like the subjunctive mood).

But making that sort of a hash of what I presume to be your mother tongue… and then trying to lord your superior education over us.

It is to laugh.