antifeminism artificial wombs crackpottery evil women grandiosity men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men reactionary bullshit sexy robot ladies we hunted the mammoth

Civilization and its Discontented Ladies

If it weren't for us men, we'd all still be living like this.

Oh, you ladies! Apparently, if you were left to your own devices, we’d all still be living in caves. The dude at The Black Pill, the blog formerly known as Omega Virgin Revolt, explains the grave danger that uncontrolled ladieness poses to civilization. (The thing, not the computer game.)

What is civilization?  There are many definitions of “civilization”, but IMO the most important definition of civilization is controlling female behavior, all of which acts against civilization. Civilization was created as soon as ways of controlling female behavior were developed.  Before civilization men had to constantly deal with female behavior so they never had the time to develop science, technology, etc.  When female behavior was put under control, then men didn’t have to spend so much time worry about women.  Men could spend time inventing agriculture and later other forms of science and technology.  Keeping women and their destructive behavior under control is the key to civilization.

Seriously. If we dudes hadn’t clamped down on your lady behavior, we’d be fucked. Dudes like Mr. Black Pill would be out there trying their best to build up civilization by posting lady-hating screeds on the internet and not having sex with anyone, and you gals would be undermining all their hard work by doing terrible lady things like, say, working in government, doing scientific research, teaching filmmaking, writing books, making interesting jewelry, working as EMTs, being Secretary of State, and writing Supernatural fanfic. Wait, that’s already happening. Uh oh. Civilization is in danger!

And of course evil feminists are at the heart of the Lady Plot Against Civilization.

So much of feminism is a screed against civilization, science, and technology.  Feminists have called Isaac Newton’s Principia Mathematica a rape manual.  Feminists hate the technology industry and have attacked technology in general as male rape of the natural world and/or the enforcement of patriarchy over nature.  Feminists know unconciously that civilization is the greatest threat to the power of women.  Civilization was developed by men, not women.  Women are only along for the ride because sex and babies can’t happen without them (for now).  Every advancement in science and technology is a threat to women.  Every advancement in science and technology brings up a step closer to freeing men from needing women.

So watch it, ladies. As soon as we work out this whole having babies without ladies thing, your days are numbered! Then all we’ll need to do is to figure out how to get all the dudes in the world who actually like and respect women and think of them as fellow human beings to abandon them for sex robots. Piece of cake.

MollyRen (@MollyRen)

I want that outfit.

Kyn
Kyn

“Which behaviors, exactly, are ‘female’?” is a question this article fails to answer. I guess “having babies” is given a cursory mention, and indeed most people who do that are women, but the casual observer might notice that many of these babies are men.

I’m confused.

princessbonbon

I am so tempted to wander over there and say “oh so you think that is why men (in unsupported view) invented everything? Then explain all 400 bills this year alone attempting to control women’s sexual behavior in the US. Explain Saudi Arabia which has roving gangs of Vice squad members to do raids on restaurants to see if any women are eating lunch without being properly covered up. Could those men not have better things to do then control women? Explain all one million and one examples that show that men still worry about controlling women. Because if they truly did not worry about it, men would not be trying to control women constantly by custom, law and as much violence as they can get away with.”

drst
drst

So the most important definition of civilization is the one he just pulled out of his ass?

Tulgey Logger

I’ll give him one thing: when I’m not involved with a woman, I suddenly find that I have a great deal more time for Civilization.

Civ IV, specifically. I always go for world conquest. The Beyond The Sword expansion pack makes it into a new game, and I find I cannot go back to vanilla Civ.

Podkayne

That Sandra Harding ‘rape manual’ quote. I cannot seem to really grasp its context from basic Googling. Does anyone understand what that remark is about?

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

I have a lot of questions about the MRA’s that go on and on about keeping women under control. I know they want to control women’s sexuality, but how exactly do they intend to control it? Do they expect the government to force women to be abstinent except in marriage? Do they want to control lesbians’ sex lives, or are they only concerned with straight women? If they think western women are so terrible, then why do they want the government to force western women to be virgins for them?

Ink
Ink

So if science is an enemy of all things woman, then that means the MRAs are enthusiastic supporters of women in science, right? Hey, them bitches will just be defeating themselves! Defeat the feminist horde by sending a girl to MIT!

I look forward to the MGTOW Technical Scholarship for Girls.

Manjaw the Mighty
Manjaw the Mighty

Amazon warriors-in-training are required to live alone in a cave for one full year before we receive our warrior names from the local shamaness and are given the honor of forging the labrys which will be our cherished weapon and constant companion in the ceaseless battle against the creations of men.

Man-hating feminists know quite consciously that “civilization is the greatest threat to the power of women” and we are raised to destroy it from birth, so this Black Pill gentleman is partially correct. I think he may be very confused about some of his factual information though. Personally I am just a barbarian, and have only the most tenuous grasp of the thing called “science,” but my understanding is that women have made enormous contributions to scientific fields throughout history. Marie Curie, for example, and Ada Lovelace, who is credited as the first computer programmer. And Rosalind Franklin, a biophysicist who is one of the researchers from whom Watson and Crick essentially stole the credit for discovery the double-helix structure of DNA.

Even within patriarchal societies, women have been (often uncredited) pioneers in the areas of agriculture, industry, and scientific and technological discovery since the Agricultural Revolution. So I guess what I am saying is that I am not sure exactly why this man is directing his rage at women in general. Perhaps he is just completely misinformed and under the misconception that all women are uncivilized Amazon dykes? It is easy to tell us apart: We are the fat mustachioed brutes swinging an axe at your head.

Or perhaps he just harbors a delusional hatred of all female people. And while I know that it is unfair to assume that all MRAs despise women because they are sexually frustrated and/or lonely, the blogs former titled of “Omega Virgin Revolt” is highly suspect….

jumbofish

This post just read to me like:
blahblahblah women are at fault for everything blahblahblah I hate women blahblahblah

Joven
Joven

So in terms of progress, we advanced a whole crapload more in the last 100 years than most the rest of history…also a time when women got more and more rights.

So, I guess the MRA response would be that we’d have flying cars and replicators and shit if we didn’t need to deal with woman issues, they just held us back, and the bunch of advancements in every field of science was just in spite of women.

Dracula
Dracula

I believe our good friend and regular troll D.K.Meller has made that exact argument. It was hilarious.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I love how in the minds of guys like this “women sleeping with someone who I don’t want them to” equals the destruction of civilization. Apparently civilizations are far more fragile than was previously known. Someone really should tell Jared Diamond.

hellkell
hellkell

This Black Pill twit is out of his mind. Then again, I just had a wisdom tooth yanked, maybe it’s me.

Kendra, most of these guys don’t even like the government and think it’s one big feminist giveaway ($vaginamoneys$), so I don’t know why they’d be in favor of government control of women. Maybe it’s a more Mellerian private security force.

Manjaw the Mighty
Manjaw the Mighty

Actually, given that point–that MRAs are often critical and mistrustful of the state–how do they tend to identify themselves politically? Certainly they wouldn’t call themselves fascists, and I assume they’re anti-socialist…. Do they consider themselves anarchists? Has anyone explained to them anarchy is by definition non-hierarchal? Because they seem pretty big on hierarchy.

Dani Alexis
Dani Alexis

Well, *duh.* If “civilization” is defined as “controlling women,” then OF COURSE one must “control women” in order to maintain “civilization.” Even my pathetic ladybrain can see THAT.

Way to take all the fun out of it, Black Pill dude. Sheez, it’s like you’re not even trying anymore.

indifferentsky

Reminds me of the girlwriteswhat video Fempocalypse. I can’t believe in that video, the part I saw…she argued that women get more gov benefits.

Cognitive dissonance anyone? Benefits are handled differently by area, and in the states, different by state, but if women were getting child support, there would be no benefits needed. If childcare was shared, the workload would be shared. Is she claiming that if men got custody and cut the women out of the picture, that they would work all day and pay someone else for child care, and that would be better, because then both parents would be working? God forbid children are raised by actual parents and not care centers (that are harder to find than non parents think.) Even when you have children in care, you’re constantly needed. Work is hard when children exist, bottom line. For whatever reason we chalk it up to, men have not been equal in the child rearing endeavor on the whole, and more women and children are recipients of government benefits, yes. GWW wove this into a fempocalypse thesis where more women equals destruction of civilization

My only concession would be that more children being born is not doable for civilization and we need to put the breaks on that. Stat. My opinion- based on lots of different stuff and things. .

Oh and there are countless women scientists and inventors. I looked them up one day after watching a barbarosssaaa video that was so twisted, I am surprised I didn’t short circuit. He said that if we had separate education for males and females that would prove that women can do nothing. That blew my mind, as I’ve read throughout the years that females excel when separated. He’s so ignorant. And the video is called something like ‘why do women ruin everything they touch?’ or something. Headdesk.

indifferentsky

hhahah … this is great. 🙂

cloudiah

@Podkayne It might be true; at least, one feminist philosopher may have said it, though she later said she regretted it:

During what is known now as the “Science Wars”, [Sandra Harding] was part of a debate regarding the value-neutrality of the sciences. This aspect of her work has been criticized by some scientists. Harding referred to Newton’s Principia Mathematica as a “rape manual” in her 1986 book “The Science Question in Feminism”, a characterization that she later said she regretted.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandra_Harding

I don’t have access to Scientific American online back to 1997, so can’t verify the Wikipedia citation.

So they’re abandoning the “civilization is trying to suppress men’s primal instincts” tack, then?

indifferentsky

btw, I know we know this, but the feminist critique he’s referring to in the last red paragraph here was about capitalist practice and imperialist mindset and implementation, not pure science.

Polliwog
Polliwog

Every advancement in science and technology is a threat to women.

As I type this response, I am wearing contact lenses which enable me to see the screen of my netbook while also watching an old episode of Mythbusters on my desktop computer. (They’re exploding frozen heads!) Earlier today, I drove my car (while listening to the radio and enjoying the nice cool air conditioning) to a doctor’s office, where I received a new prescription for the medication that reduces my daily pain level from “total agony” to “ow.” When I got back home, I popped some leftovers (which I originally cooked on my electric stove) in my microwave, and then took a nap before watching Supernatural on my TV, while chatting with my partner via text messages on my smartphone. Soon, I’ll go hop in a nice bath, heated by my hot water heater, and then perhaps I’ll practice a song or two on my keyboard (using my headphones so as not to disturb the other people currently in my house) before turning on my humidifier so my allergies will annoy me less, switching off the energy-saving light bulb next to my bed, and going to sleep.

Which is all to say, man, do I hate science and technology. They sure do threaten me and make my life worse!

cloudiah

@Polliwog, your hatred of science and technology is comprehensive and terrifying. Clearly, the end of civilization is in sight.

Jessay (@jessay)

Wait a minute, I coulda sworn an MRA said the other day that feminists were man haters who were all about eugenics and whatnot.

Jean-Renee
Jean-Renee

@katz,

Maybe if the two groups duke it out, it will be kind of funny? Funny in a bless-their-hearts kind of way, but still.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’m charging my iPod right now, and adding some new songs that I downloaded recently via a link sent to me in email by the band’s record company. Technology, why must you oppress me so?

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go switch on the electric kettle.

aunthortense

So, basically, male:female :: culture:nature. THIS IS SO REVOLUTIONARY THAT MY ADMIRATION CAN ONLY BE EXPRESSED IN ALLCAPS! WHY DID NOBODY THINK OF THIS BEF-oh, wait. Well, never mind, then. (See also: everything Camille Paglia ever wrote. In fact, The Black Pill’s ugly little screed almost makes me wonder if he read CP and thought “hmm, she’s on the right track, but her misogyny isn’t quitevitriolic enough, and her claims need to be just a teeeeensy bit more overgeneralized and unsubstantiated.”)

As Clodiah already pointed out, Sandra Harding denounced Principia Mathematica as a “rape manual” during that lovely frenzy of interdisciplinary shit-flinging known as “the science wars.” I admit that the ideological hostilities that drove the science wars continue to simmer; you can still stumble across the occasional dogmatic anti-empiricist in the humanities, and I think there are also a few people on the science side of things who spit and hiss at the mere suggestion that sometimes discourses billed as “objective truth” are in fact colored by their cultural and historical context. But for the most part, the science wars are a dead issue. Unfortunately, they’re also a bountiful straw mine for reactionary pseudo-intellectuals like TBP (and Stephen Pinker . . . but that’s another story).

On an unrelated note: Manjaw the Mighty, are you by any chance in need of a foreign (read: non-Amazonian) bride? If so, I would like to volunteer for the position! I confess to being a mild-mannered vegetarian pacifist, but I watched a lot of Xena: Warrior Princess when I was a kid and sometimes I drink orange juice straight out of the carton, so I am confident that I will be able to adapt to life in a barbarian labyrys-wielding gynocracy.

aunthortense

Whoops, got a bit of italic fail goin’ on there. (Italfail? Ifailic? HTMLOL?)

VoIP
VoIP

If Manjaw the Mighty turned out to be another MRAL sock, I would lol forever.

mythago

Wow, that’s kicking it old school! All the way back to the days before the Enlightenment, when our ancestors believed that men were the sex of reason, and women were the crazy, emotional, thinking-with-the-little-head ravenous beasties. “All witchcraft springs from carnal lust, which in women is insatiable”, amirite?

Abnoy
Abnoy

I browse this site for the pictures (otherwise as a heterosexual male who’s not a self-hating magina white knight of a feminazi collaborator, I wouldn’t even bother)…

Manjaw the Mighty
Manjaw the Mighty

Aunt Hortense, I am afraid that I am already spoken for and I happen to be monogamous. I am not prejudiced against non-Amazons, however—only against men—and I am sure that you are quite lovely and could stand up to the rigors of the Amazonian lifestyle.

VolP, let us imagine, hypothetically, that I am fictional and there is no such person as Manjaw the Mighty: I would not function at all as a straw feminist because I would not be remotely believable. I would be an obvious and ridiculous fantasy. As such I’d be a terrible sock for an MRA commenter trying to use me to “prove” that feminists really are ugly, violent, man-hating lesbians. And why else would someone create such a sock unless for some reason they wanted to make their own cause look absurd?

It would perhaps be more likely that I am a real feminist having fun with a caricature that I have based on MRAs’ ludicrous assertions about the nature and appearance of feminists, trying to balance that light-hearted absurdity with the genuine conviction that there is nothing wrong with being a female who is large, fat, ugly, masculine, a lesbian, or all of the above.

Of course that’s all hypothetical: I am as real as any man-hating Amazon she-beast.

jimmypop
jimmypop

this does not compute

VoIP
VoIP

I am as real as any man-hating Amazon she-beast.

And I’m a huge fan of your work. ^_^

aunthortense

One of the most amazing things about the MRM is its ability to simultaneously embrace two blatantly contradictory narratives, so long as they are both misogynistic.

For example . . .

[Warning: examples contain sexist/ablist language, victim-blaming, and general nastiness, which are all pretty much unavoidable when one attempts to paraphrase MRM arguments.]

– Rape isn’t such a big deal; the so-called “victims” are mostly just sluts who secretly wanted it anyway and/or crazy bitches who are just making the whole thing up to get attention.
– Women actually commit rape more frequently than men, and rape is obviously a heinous crime, so my misogyny is totally justified!

– Domestic violence isn’t such a big deal; what else do women expect from being uppity bitches and dating alpha thugs. If they don’t want to be beaten, then they should just leave. I mean, duh.
– Women actually commit more domestic violence than men, and domestic violence is obviously a heinous crime, so my misogyny is totally justified!

– Statutory rape laws suppress natural male urges and force men to settle for used-up old hags when ~~EVOLUTION~~ dictates that men should really be porking nubile girls in their early teens. Everybody, including the nubile young girls themselves, would be much happier if we went back to the natural way of doing things.(Okay, the used-up old hags might not be happier, but it’s not like they’re people anyway.)
– Women actually commit statutory rape more frequently than men, and statutory rape is obviously a heinous crime, so my misogyny is totally justified!

– Women are oversexed sluts whose ‘gina tingles go utterly unchecked by higher thought or basic ethics; therefore, they will climb aboard the nearest cock the moment they’re left unsupervised.
– Women are frigid bitches who hate sex and engage in it only with extreme reluctance, mostly as a form of manipulation.

– Women should be at home fulfilling their natural role by cooking and having babies instead of pretending to have ‘careers’ and stealing jobs from men.
– Women are lazy parasites because they all stay at home and let their husbands support them instead of going out and getting jobs.

– Women nowadays are all gross and ugly and stuff, which just goes to show that they’re lazy and disrespectful. Why don’t they have the common decency to invest however much time and money it would take to make themselves look like my penis wants them to look?
– Women are vain, shallow bimbos who spend all their time and money trying to make themselves look good. They go around all tarted up just so they can make my penis want them, and then they get mad when I sexually harass them, even though they’re the ones who forced me to do it!

– Women are intellectually inferior to men. They are driven by irrational lady-hormones (otherwise known as “emotions”), lack the capacity for logical reasoning, and generally function on the level of a moderately precocious ten-year-old.
– Women are villainous masterminds who somehow orchestrated an invisible takeover of government, business, education, and pretty much everything everywhere. Some trace the roots of the shadow gynarchy back to a cabal of conniving cavebitches, who put their mates on permanent mammoth-hunting duty while arrogating meat-distribution privileges to themselves. Others view the gynarchy as a uniquely modern perversion of The Way Things Always Were, and possibly a sign of the coming apocalypse. But either way, there can be no question that women are ruthless puppetmistresses who have cried, nagged, and slutted their way to de facto world domination . . . and most men don’t even realize it. [Insert ominous sound effect.]

As far as I can tell, major MRA sites cheerfully propound any and all of these claims; nobody seems overly hung up on trivialities like “logic” and “internal consistency.” In the context of this . . . ahem . . . fine intellectual tradition, “men were the ones who built civilization, you useless females!” and “civilization only exists to exploit men and repress their natural urges!” go together like roadkill and maggots.

aunthortense

Wow, that’s a lot of italics. Let’s see if I can close those suckers.

aunthortense

‘pparently not. This looks like a job for somebody who has l33ter HTML skillz than I do.

Janey
Janey

A while ago our company interviewed a snarling little MRA as a potential contractor. I had been told he was management material, but it was clear he was just an immature brat. My staff and I just stared at him as he crucified himself in the interview. Later, the poor deluded soul contacted us to see if he’d gotten the job. We laughed hysterically.

These guys are just freaks.

speedbudget
speedbudget

@Majaw Obviously they are all libertarians, no doy. The only political belief for rugged individualists who live in their parents’ basement.

Leslie
Leslie

Tiny nitpicky note for Manjaw the Mighty: you don’t really have to call them shamanesses – in many societies that have shamans, they are either traditionally female or male and female in equal numbers, so no feminizing suffix is necessary. (Central Eurasian Turkic and Mongol societies, such as the Tuvans, the Sakha, and the Buryats, are good examples.)

Ruby Hypatia
Ruby Hypatia

It’s funny because a lot of men say that women have a civilizing effect on men.

Also, my guess is that it was women who first developed agriculture enabling civilization.

Integral
Integral

Clearly it is women’s insatiable hunger for mammoths that imperils civilization by necessitating that men spend all their time developing their hunting skills by playing video games.

seranvali

I’ve not read such arrant twaddle in years. These guys need to STFU because their making themselves look even dumber than they are. “Black Pill” indeed! He needs to read a Prehistory 1 textbook.

Lizzay
Lizzay

Hello! I lurk here regularly, but had to delurk to out myself as a fan of aunthortense and Manjaw the Mighty, whose comedy has made my morning. And also to try to help you close your italics. Praying to the HTML spirits (while expecting to fail)…

PS Thank you for the site, David. It has been enriching my spirit for months now.

Medium Dave
Medium Dave

It also amuses me to see that OVR can’t seem to write a post without a swipe at the Paleo Diet folks. 😀

blothne
blothne

I don’t know who invented agriculture, or to what sex zie belonged to, but considering most farmers globally have historically been women, I’m pretty sure agriculture had less to do with “controlling female behaviour” and more to do with “growing and raising food for ourselves makes things easier than gathering and hunting it”.

Alex

Aaaand, the italics are broken for this page. Hmm…

Abnoy
Abnoy

“It’s funny because a lot of men say that women have a civilizing effect on men.”

Neutering effect is more like it.

“Again, these MRAs seem to forget that most human atrocities are perpetrated by men.”

I thought that behind every successful man is a woman?

Jawnita
Jawnita

Right, civilization was really more about “controlling plant, animal, and water behavior.” And I’m sure that at the time, we were too busy trying to stay alive to squabble over gender roles.

MollyRen (@MollyRen)

I went through the Principia cover-to-cover for a college class and all I can say is “Wow.” I don’t remember any *humans* in there, nevermind rape or sex.

1 2 3 7