feminism misogyny nice guys self-promotion sex

I’m giving a talk at Northwestern University on Monday. Topic: How to hate women and have terrible sex

Hot sex talk

Just a little heads up for any of you in the Chicago area: I’ll be speaking at Northwestern University on Monday, as part of its annual “Sex Week.”

My topic? “How to hate women and have terrible sex: Misogynistic sex myths, and how they ruin sex for everyone.” Nice Guys, Friend Zones, and the Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel will all make appearances.

The talk will be at 8 PM in Room G02 of Annenberg Hall on the Northwestern Campus in Evanston.

(Here’s a map.)

There will be free condoms and lube. (Apparently.)

For more about sex week, see the official website, or take a look at this piece in the Daily Northwestern.

Sex week is sponsored by the College Feminists; I’m talking at the invitation of Men Against Rape and Sexual Assault.

I’ll be writing the lecture over the weekend, so please feel free to offer suggestions as to which misogynistic sex myths I should talk about.

EDITED TO ADD: The Spearhead has discovered that I’m doing this talk. W. F. Price writes about it with his usual objectivity, by which I mean that his piece is filled with lies and weird projection.

pecunium
pecunium

Fun with Pell and Jane.

Pell wants to troll. See Pell try to be droll. Drool Pell, drool!

See Jane make excuses for Pell, and dance with him. Dance Jane, Dance!.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I love you all! You all win at limericks.

The historic family of Pell,
What stories their records could tell.
With horror they’d grapple
with the fact that their apple…
How distant from the tree it fell.

cloudiah

Jane Pell,

Come back! Rescue me from the manboobzers! Now that they know I am secretly against them, I fear they will write limericks against me and I will lose my right to deposit my sainted relics in the Orléans Cathedral upon my demise.

Come back, with your un-Google-able queries, forthwith!

Every yours,

Saint Cloudiah, who is really really thin

@cloudiah:

Defector! No Doritos for you!

cloudiah

Mon dieu!

*Ever yours,

Fromage!

Cul de sac!

gelar
gelar

He just went to supper, you guys,
No wait- he’s just switching his ties,
Since he couldn’t refute
In his Jane-coloured suit,
He may have more luck in a new guise.

cloudiah

Jell Pane,

My torment has started. I fear that the extremely FAT green monster kirbyshark has already begun building the bonfire I will be roasted upon, atop a pyre of chemically-treated doritos. Come back and SAVE ME.

Saint Cloudiah, whose servants are gassing up my Bugatti Veyron Super Sports car so that I can avoid the coming horde of boobzers

Anathema
Anathema

I bet Pell will come back with another pseudonym. After all, he started posting as Jane after he made a complete and total fool of himself. Now that he’s been shown to be an idiot as Jane, he’ll create a third persona to whine about how we’re all being so mean to Pell and Jane, who are totally awesome people and one hundred percent honest.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

There once was an agent cloudiah,
went double and pretended messiah.
But we showed that cloud–
read our poems aloud–
our rhymes rendered him like the Maya.

(Still living, but with a calendar misused by very silly people to sell books.)

A doctor of 55 years…
A lady-friend, one of his peers…
It isn’t the name
Of the sock that’s to blame,
The problem lies between his ears!

Polliwog
Polliwog

He just went to supper, you guys,
No wait- he’s just switching his ties,
Since he couldn’t refute
In his Jane-coloured suit,
He may have more luck in a new guise.

This time he will carefully plot
How to really annoy us a lot.
“Creepy jokes? Racist words?
Maybe call people nerds?
I know! I’ll just say they’re not hot!”

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

He’ll take up a new nom-de-troll,
and with us attempt to be droll
about how fat chicks
maketh him sick;
neither classy not quick’s how he’ll roll.

Polliwog
Polliwog

(Also, can I just say that I love you guys for being the sort of people who engage in spontaneous limerick-fests?) 😀

kirbywarp

Though trolls are usually dicks,
Through Pell I’ve at last found my fix
For rhyme after rhyme!
It’s no waste of time,
if it ends with a thread full of limricks!

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Be fair, everyone. Tomorrow is a school day – I’m sure Pell’s evil feminist mom made him go to bed.

cloudiah

Wow, guys, I was reading manboobz and then I went to dinner, leaving my laptop logged in. All I can say is that my cats must have typed those previous three messages from cloudiah. Please disregard.

cloudiah

p.s. Here is a picture of my cats typing those messages, as proof. They are my uncles.

kirbywarp

The word at the end of the line…
“Limerick.” The mistake’s mine.
And Polliwog, Yes!
You all are the best!
This poem-fest for me is just fine. ^_^

cloudiah: Aww!

Shadow
Shadow

A troll with two names came along
And proceeded to steal one of our own
Speaking of tales he could tell
of the family Pell
Once he calls himself up on the phone

Anathema
Anathema

Pell once claimed with all his soul
That clitoral orgasms weren’t orgasms in full
Because women need semen
or so said the wimpy demon
And then he ran away like a troll.

Jane
Jane

All I can say is that those so called limericks sound like something a retarded kid would write but then females have no sense of humour. A man slipping on a banana peel and breacking his back though would have them in stitches.

cloudiah

These limericks are amazing! Do you forgive me my cats for my brief episode of trying to side with the trolls? I They didn’t mean it, really.

Alex

I forgive the kitties! It’s not their fault they’re evil. ^-^

kirbywarp

I’m here to give clarification
with regards to Pell’s shrewd observation.
It took three-hundred bouts
of dull sex to find out
how to fuck vis a vis penetration.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

We shall forgive our dear cloudy,
for lapses in kind and being rowdy.
It was those darn cats
climbing like rats
and typing out treason faster than “howdy.”

With a roar, the troll cried “en garde!”
But the battle was not very hard–
Kirby just had to wait
for the troll to deflate.
Next he’ll claim descent from Beauregard.

PS I love you all as well! Plus Polliwog!

Shadow
Shadow

She says that she was never swayed
That nothing could cause her to stray
She’s said it’s her cats
and I can believe that
It’s payback for gettung them spayed

kirbywarp

Cloudiah, friend, it’s a pity,
But kittens are too itty-bitty
It just stands to reason,
You’re guilty of treason!
And furthermore DAWW IT’S A KITTY!

*all is forgiven*

cloudiah

I haven’t even spayed the cats yet! All I do is pet them and play with them and assemble cat trees for them and feed them special grain-free food and teach them about the mysteries of the QWERTY keyboard. That last was probably a mistake.

cloudiah

@David I hope this has all been very helpful for you in preparing your Northwestern talk. 😉

xardoz

I can’t believe I missed Mr. and Mrs. Cosmically Bad Troll, but the fallout from their failsplosion was beautiful to behold.

And lo, the troll couple was quelled
The one called both Jane and Pell
Try as they might
to be a pox on the site
The comments merely bought mirth to Manboobzells

Shadow
Shadow

Bob Barker is shaking his head
that you don’t heed the words that he’s said
Please spay your cat girls
or they’ll take over the world
and we’ll all be a bunch of house pets

kirbywarp

As fun as this is, I am sad
that Pell never came back, poor lad.
The wit on display
By us all today
Obviously has driven him mad!

rjjspesh
rjjspesh

Hmmmm. Judging by the above comments, I’m going to have to go back & read the older ones to see why everyone is writing little poems.

Anyways- good luck with your lecture! I hope no MRA’s show up n cause trouble 😀

talacaris
talacaris

Is it really so that no MRA is willing to support the Mangina Treatment Program?

State contact info here with the amount of money tou are willing to pledge! It may be urgent!!11

Quackers
Quackers

I will donate talacaris haha

Good luck today David!

Jane
Jane

There was a dim blogger named Logger
Who fancied himself quite a hogger
He’d cruise Micky D’s for sluts with fat knees
But got nothing but farts for his ardour.

Jane
Jane

There was a young poof forn Tulgey
Whose neighbours all claimed was quite gay
So to prove to his mum that he didn’t crave bum
He fashioned a cunt out of clay.

Now, Tulg this is nothing but farce
You are now a grown fella
So get out of the cellar
And go cruise Curves for some arse.

But mum they all say I’m quite thick
Not to mention my very small dick
If I only knew game
I could swallow my shame
And hold up my head like a brick

Now Tulg as I said once before
You’re quite an insufferable bore
If you really want ass
The go earn some cash
Then perhaps you can pay for some whore

jumbofish

Aww Jane what about those “insider secrets” we were promised?

jumbofish

The more you write the more 15 settles as your true age XD

I mean “farts” “sluts with fat knees” and “dim blogger” and “fancied himself a hogger” used as insults??? That’s pretty lame dude.

jumbofish

Also good luck with your talk David!

seranvali

NWO said:

@Viscaria
Myths, that women use sexual flirtation to get free stuff from men? Oh. OK. Yeah, like I’m a man, I know oodles of men, and guess what? Men pay.

Can we stop the bullshit denial crap. I know you’ve all seen the video of the girl milking 800 to 1200 dollars a month out of men in NYC. She and her girlfriends keep a spreadsheet so they won’t milk the same cow twice.

So ya see, when ya say women aren’t like that. It’s lip service. Go to any bar and there’ll be at least one woman there who doesn’t even have a purse, but she’s got a drink. Hell, go to a Texas steak house and there’ll be a woman at the bar with no purse and a drink.

When will you stop denying this inherent flaw in women.

Just as men have flaws that are specific to men, so do women. You have no problem pointing out mens flaws, but you’re all horrfied when a man points out your flaws. And when one of your flaws are pointed out by a man like me, the response is always, misogynist.”

Kindly, get it through your head there are members of both sexes who are arseholes. Sure, there are women who are manipulative little shits and there are men who are the same. None of this is restricted to either sex. We have no “inherent flaws” we are all flawed individuals and our flaws are individual. Stop trying to put real people into stereotypes when NONE of us fit.

I left the Church when my own congregation started saying things that were polar opposites of the things Jesus preached and the way he behaved. They’d become insensitive, grasping, started to preach “the theology of success” and started victim blaming. There was no way I could stay around and continue to try and work with them.

Jesus saved the life of the woman caught in adultery, when she would certainly have been stoned without his interfereance. He encouraged female apostles, he protected them when male apostles started pushing them around. Most rabbis didn’t accept woman apostles. He spoke kindly and respectfully to the Samaritan woman at the well, even though she’d broken every rule in the book, was Samaritan, and was female. A traditional Jewish man would have done none of this. While he probably wasn’t feminist in the way we would term it, he was much more relaxed than many people were.

cendare

I know this is late, but I can’t help it:

You don’t know Pell the way that I do.Pell is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.”

Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I’ve ever known in my life.

cendare

OMG. I didn’t reread before I posted. Sorry. 🙁

@Jane:

Soo… Are you ready to ask those ungoogleable questions that will make me look stupid? I’ve been waiting for… like… nearly half a day now. 🙁

LBT
LBT

This loony is sorely distressed,
That the newest of trolls who transgressed,
Has bolted the scene
After venting their spleen
And I MISSED IT! Goddamn I’m depressed!

LBT
LBT

Seriously, I missed MRAL AND Pelljane. I didn’t get called fat or wannaboy or booty brigand or ANYTHING!

C’mon Pelljane, come back! I wanna hear about how I have fat knees and my husband probably has a mole!

Viscaria
Viscaria

You know, I’d hate to be a cynic, and all… But I’m beginning to suspect that Jane maybe doesn’t have some truly magnificent ungoogleable questions for kirbywarp that will prove the veracity of all of her and Pell’s claims, who by the way are two different individuals who just happen to have exactly the same writing style and inability to mark off quotes. But it can’t be true, can it? Surely, she would not have toyed with our emotions so!

You know what? Pell’s probably been taking her to some fancy restaurants that we peons couldn’t afford to go to, and that’s why she keeps disappearing when she’s asked to actually put forward her challenge. It’s the only thing that makes sense.

LBT
LBT

RE: Kirbywarp

I think you live in my area, if I recall the forum stuff right. If you are indeed into vidya games, I have an old NES and Mario games that hasn’t had anyone to play with for ever so long, on account of I am pretty much a social gamer only. I will happily take gaming with you over creepyass Pell.

(Also, Kirby is the only character I have any proficiency with in Smash Bros.)