antifeminism bunnies I'm totally being sarcastic idiocy misogyny reactionary bullshit

Yahoo! Answers Gender Studies: Zenith of Civilization

Oh, Yahoo Answers! Why do you always raise more questions than you answer? For example, let’s just take this intriguing question, recently posed to Yahoo Answers Gender Studies by a fellow calling himself Tubetruth.

Not sure I quite get you, Tube. Care to elaborate?

I’m still not quite sure I get you, Tube, but no matter! For danilhastings has already provided us with an answer!

I guess that’s all there is to say on the subject, then.

Happily, those whose gender studies appetites have been whetted by this lively exchange will find many other fascinating gender studies questions to contemplate elsewhere on Yahoo Answers.

magdelynswallows

First!!!!!

Sharculese
Sharculese

go away, child

i kind of feel like it’s a given that anything on yahoo answers is totally unconnected to reality. ‘i’ve got questions that only strangers on the internet can answer’. great idea, champ.

magdelynswallows

“captain save a hoe”(sic)… “not even virgins.”

I thought by definition that a whore (or “ho”) is not a virgin.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Why do western women expect us to play a role”captain save a hoe” when they are not even virgins?

Indeed! “Captain save a hoe” is for virgins, ladies! Western women understand nothing!

magdelynswallows

Ah, Sharculese, don’t tell me you’re about to ride the “cotton pony rodeo” or are already suffering from “labia saturation”.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

I’ve never expected anyone to play ‘Captain’ for me, nor have I expected them to rescue my gardening equipment from uncertain fate…

If I ever get an appropriate hat, I will totally expect my partner to call me ‘Admiral’.

johnnykaje

Men and women aren’t the same species? Are they at least the same genus? If you breed them together, do you get fertile offspring, or some sterile fe-mule?

hellkell
hellkell

I can make billions at work! I didn’t know this, thank you, Yahoo Answers!

This is the site that gave us all “how is babby formed?” it truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

They are only slightly less coherent than NWO or Caution.

hellkell
hellkell

Yeah, I don’t know how to explain these fools insistence that men and women are different species.

Rutee Katreya

It’s great for minor questions when you don’t want to pester a friend. I’ve gotten useful generic low level answers off it back when I was learning how to cook.

magdelynswallows

Not bad johbnykaje, not bad. clever.

Alex

Well, I know it’s now been said twice, but “hoes” generally means the opposite of virgins, yes? And speaking of which, surely all Western women must have been virgins at some time, or were we all born hoes? Seems to me I missed that one with that pesky two-layered hymen I got stuck with till I was twenty-three.

Alex

@johhnykaje,

THAT.

Maya Lovelace
Maya Lovelace

I’m sick to death of people claiming to speak the TRUTH but having such ignorant opinions. Oh please Tubetruther, bestow more of your enlightened mind unto me!

Have you ever noticed that “truthers” are the most reactionary, prejudiced, and uneducated of people? They’ve never been to a college or a university or seriously studied or participated in classes in any subjects regarding gender or feminism etc. But of course all of that is some Marxist conspiracy or some shit.

You know what, it’s actually kind of telling that they can fight against progressive ideas is through conspiracy theories and appealing to most people’s lack of knowledge on these subjects. Because when you get to the root of it their poor arguments ultimately cannot stand the light of scrutiny and skeptical inquiry and their backwards ideals are pernicious and shopworn.

I’m sick of people’s minds being polluted by fear-mongers. They aren’t interested in truth at all, just pushing their own agenda. I’m tired of being manipulated by such people.

princessbonbon

So the question I really want to see the answer to is the rabbit smelling farts. How does one even know one’s rabbit is hopping away because of the fart?

Viscaria
Viscaria

I kind of like the idea that you get to role play exactly once, when you’re losing your virginity (by the Yahoo’s inquirer’s definition). After that, no role play ever again! You’ve missed your chance, non-virgin Western women!

magdelynswallows

I went to university, but I’m not the smartest knife in the drawer, thought I’m not a bowl of macaroni either.

abeegoesbuzz
abeegoesbuzz

“captain save a hoe”(sic)… “not even virgins.”

I thought by definition that a whore (or “ho”) is not a virgin.

Ah, I guess we know where Tom Martin’s spending his time these days.

Chris
Chris

I didn’t really want to get into anything non-incel related issues here. But since I spend a lot of time of yahoo answers too, I wanted to respond.

Here are some anti male questions

1) “Why do men generally have more mental & physical deficiencies than men? R they biologically inferior to women”

2) “Is it sexist if I think about hitting men? I find men to be a bunch of jerks & a nuisance. Is it bad?”

3) “Why is it that women (Or Girls) have more emotional feelings then most guys?”

4) “Isn’t it sad how men think they’re so tough and smart, but are still afraid of asking girls out?”

Rutee Katreya

Oh god. “Every business or natural system has a cascade type ladder which must be followed”

I think you weren’t paying much attention in Biology. Probably just heard something about a food chain. And well, if you think this ‘cascade’ shit is needed in families, you may want to go learn something about a country that isn’t the USA.

princessbonbon

There are countries beyond just the USA?! Surely you jest! /snark

Heehee.

abeegoesbuzz
abeegoesbuzz

Here are some anti male questions

Chris has figured out that Yahoo! Answers is full to the brim with twits, trolls, people with functioning brainstems but little else. Congratulations, Chris! Go buy yourself a prize of some sort. Thanx for the great response.

kirbywarp

There’s a simple reason why businesses and the military are arranged in hierarchies; because it’s easier to manage a ton of people that way. Once the number of people in a marriage start to enter the hundreds, then you’ve got a good case to promote a hierarchy.

Funny enough, I’m more annoyed at the person who said “you make some valid points.” No… no you didn’t…

hellkell
hellkell

I’d like to know the rabbit one as well.

Chris, what’s your point? Women aren’t exempt from asking stupid questions, especially not there.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

@Chris

First rule of Yahoo Answers: 97% of people on there are either dumber than a dead hamster, or trolls.
Second rule of Yahoo Answers: the sincere 3% are trolls at least some of the time.

darksidecat

Feminists think men and women are the same species and therefore should be treated as such! What absurd beings those feminists are!

Sharculese
Sharculese

@kirby

hitting people is always wrong

Sharculese
Sharculese

this is the exact reason you shouldn’t respond, fyi

princessbonbon

No hitting Kirby. Have some cookies instead. Freshly baked!

Rutee Katreya

Your third question isn’t really a ‘positive’ in most western discourse, but more to the point most of culture exalts your gender. That’s why MRAs have had to resort to “IT PUTS SO MUCH HORRIBLE PRESSURE ON YOU TO BE TOLD OU CAN DO THINGS”. It’s not playing into a wider narrative wherein men are terrible and isn’t really as harmful.

Maya Lovelace
Maya Lovelace

I know this is a derail, but I just have to give this comment I made on this video. It’s appalling that this user said nothing hateful or wicked at all (she did nothing wrong at all!) yet got slammed by the most vicious bigotry.

The irony of antifeminists is incredible. They say feminists are bigots yet say the most misogynistic things. They say feminists get angry when things don’t go their way yet the progress women have made makes them so bitter and resentful. They say feminists silence the opposition but they are incapable of handling any criticism like a mature and rational person. They bitch about their comments being downvoted yet ignore how much feminist videos and comments get so viciously trashed for no real reason.

Rutee Katreya

And just in case it is unclear, yes, they are still dumb-ass questions, it’s just that it’s not as harmful.

Viscaria
Viscaria

An untrue set of stereotypes of men and women? Hell yes. Anti-male? Considering that the perception of men as less emotional — and thus more logical — than women allows them to be considered more trustworthy, the way women’s emotions are dismissed as histrionics when men’s emotions are rational responses, the direct way this affects who might be promoted to powerful positions… I’m going to say no.

Chris
Chris

“Either Chris thought we’d valiently jump to the defense of those stupid questions, or he’s trying to say that the existence of those four questions proves that males are really the gender that are discriminated against.

Is it sexist if I think about hitting Chris? I find Chris to be a jerk & a nuisance. Is it bad?”

Just pointing out that there are bigots in both genders. A jerk? I don’t see why you would think i’m a jerk. I’m not trying to be a jerk, I actually though most of you were friendly and helpful when I talked about my social anxiety and datelessness yesterday.

Chris
Chris

“I didn’t really want to treat you as a troll, but since you’ve now twice gone out of your way to WATMZ… ”

I don’t know what “WATMZ” stands for but I assure you I didn’t come here to troll. If you people find me to be a “nuisance” as one other person said then maybe it’s time for me to leave.

Thank you to those who were friendly and helpful yesterday.

@Chris:

Sorry, I was trying to be funny, mimicing the style of the questions. Didn’t come across quite the way I hoped. 🙁

Chris
Chris

@ Kirby.

Oh don’t worry i’m not offended or anything. But there probably isn’t any need for me to stick around. So later. Thanks again.

Snowy
Snowy

Bye Chris. Still not sure what point you were trying to make by posting random stuff from yahoo answers but, oh well. I guess some mysteries will never be revealed.

kirbywarp

… Now I’m curious about what the incel topics were… but it’s far too early to be going off topic.

there will always be people moaning about how things are unfair ever noticed how most successful women are women who work hard and not moaning feminists?

Is it a crime to have non-run-on sentences and capital letters on yahoo answers? Oh yeah… and also theonlyreasontherearesuccessfulwomenisbecausefeministshavesecuredtherighttoworkforwomenandbythewaymostsuccessfulwomenprobablyconsiderthemselvesfeminists.

I’ve never expected anyone to play ‘Captain’ for me

I may have done this once or twice, but only in contexts where I was Inara.

kirbywarp

… Am I the only one who doesn’t understand what “Captain save a hoe” means?

jumbofish

hmm you and dave seem awfully similar chris…When he left you started posting again funny….

I assume Captain Saveahoe is like Bob Wehadababyitsaboy.

Missy
Missy

Here’s what I don’t get.

If woman are biologically and genetically programmed to like traditional female things (i.e. homemaking, child rearing, nursing, caretaking) and men are genetically and biologically destined to want to do traditional male things (hunting mammoths) then what is the danger is allowing people to freely choose what they want to do instead of giving them assigned gender roles. If the theory about gender identity being an innate biological urge is correct then 99% of women will be housewives and 99% of men will be workers and the rare 1% that wants something different can choose that.

But the same people who seem to support this idea of biological determinism are also the ones who think we need to keep traditional gender norms in society. Those things don’t go together. Either this is all biology or it is a social construct. But when they argue that men and women are different species and therefore we must keep separate social spheres for them… I don’t get it. You don’t have to create a social structure to keep the birds and the fish from trying to imitate one another. They don’t try to be different. They just are.

I also think there is a not so subtle strain of misandry in the theory that society better let men be in charge of everything… not so much because they are better at it but because if they don’t get to be the boss then they are taking their balls and going home. It isn’t so much that we shouldn’t let women be in charge because they will ruin things, but because if men can’t be in charge then they’d just as well bur society to the ground. That’s pretty insulting to men, but MRAs tend to make their own gender look pretty awful.

cloudiah

Apparently Captain Save a Hoe is is an actual thing. Who’d a thunk it?

captainbathrobe
captainbathrobe

I’ve never expected anyone to play ‘Captain’ for me,

Hey, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it! 🙂

@Missy:

The same people who support traditional gender roles and think that men and women are programmed to act in a traditional way also think that if they don’t act that way then society will collapse or something. Really, the “programming” argument’s only function is to try to convince those who don’t think society will go to hell if women are allowed to have a job.

Viscaria
Viscaria

@cloudiah,

Apparently Captain Save a Hoe is is an actual thing. Who’d a thunk it?

What? Aww. I figured it was some kind of pirate-themed sex game. I’m seriously disappointed.

1 2 3