a voice for men creepy evil women gloating I am making a joke I'm totally being sarcastic kitties misogyny MRA threats violence

Taking pussy off the pedestal

No more special treatment for you, princess!!

Female kitties! Your long reign of gynofelininofascist matrioterror has ended! Over on A Voice for Male Cats Men, JinnBottle has figured out a purr-fect way to put lady cats in their place! (Hint: That place is not on his lap, being gently stroked.) Oh, and this goes for all you human ladies too, or else — POW!

Are you?

(Thanks to Cloudiah for pointing me to this comment.)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

That last comment would read so much better if I could type properly. “Above average intelligence”, dammit, not “above average and intelligence”.

princessbonbon

Here is the magical key to unlock the vagina: $200 for 15 minutes at a brothel in Nevada source

You are welcomed.

Ithiliana

@CassandraSays: Plus, they assume that Asperger’s equal male, and not that the conditions/spectrum may differ somewhat in women (for various reasons).

I gather it’s fairly complex–I’m still trying to find time to go get tested because when the Newsweek special on the syndrome came out, my mother sent to me with big red letters saying OMG YOUR CHILDHOOD NOW MAKES SENSE. And my partner agreed. And I realized there may be a reason why I always got mad when my colleagues claimed with big declamatory gestures they could never teach online because they could not see students’ faces which always TELL them if students have learned X. I never could, or can, tell from students’ faces. I need to see their work. (And I love teaching online).

Ithiliana

@Princessbonbon: Damn, you know how many books $200 could buy!

Even at today’s prices!

From the love-shy FAQs:

As far as homosexuality is concerned, many love-shys are accused of being homosexual and made fun of, so it’s kind of a sore issue. Most love-shys support things like gay marriage but the tone of the forum is decidedly hetero. So be prepared.

Sounds like a welcoming community indeed.

princessbonbon

@Princessbonbon: Damn, you know how many books $200 could buy!

From my last book buying trip:

The Northern Rebellion of 1569: Faith, Politics and Protest in Elizabethan England

Queen Elizabeth I: Selected Works

Eighteenth-Century British Premiers: Walpole to the Younger Pitt

Two Jim Butcher books, a Patrick Rothfuss, a Get Fuzzy Treasury, and um…I want to say four more but they are all at home.

So 11?

princessbonbon

I also just bought Winter King: Henry VII and the Dawn of Tudor England

Arguably the second best Tudor Monarch-Elizabeth I is the best because so much of history stems from her short 45 years on the English throne. Henry VIII is overrated and Mary I, well, I just feel sorry for Mary.

Ithiliana

@Princessbonbon: well, of course, it would vary depending on location (HALF PRICE BOOKS OMG), format (hard, soft, mass, e), but still–many books, much pleasure, vs. 15 minutes of sex?

And you can re-read books! You can’t re-have sex!

(There may be a reason or two why I became an English teacher–I mean getting paid to read and talk about books! JOY!).

lauralot89

They’re not usually asexuals, because most love-shys are dying for relationships?

Has anyone explained to them that loads and loads of asexuals WANT relationships?

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Winter King looks fascinating.

And payday’s next Friday . . .

elizabethtreehugger
elizabethtreehugger

This is one of the funniest things I’ve read on here. Well, it is if I don’t think to hard about the sneaking suspicion I have about this guy hurting his cat. It in weird way though, it makes this funnier. Like this guy things he sounds so bad ass for hurting a cat.

I have mixed feelings about this whole thing, but his insistence on this story’s relevance is hilarious. I get the feeling though he is probably forgetting all the crap Charles is probably pulling though.

princessbonbon

If you lived in my state I would lend it to you Hippodameia-I still am finishing up the premiers one and one on household servants in the 1700s.

Actually I would lend anyone anything if they helped me organize and shelve my entire collection.

Well now for me it is a matter of “will this memory be worth it?” Which is why I travel a lot when I could just spend all of my money on books. Yes a person can spend $200 on books or they could spend it on a way to break the ice when it comes to the Mystery of Sex.

Rutee Katreya

Rutee, I have literally stated twice- and in the very post you responded to, at that- that woman incels are extended the same compassion that men are.

Was it not clear that I didn’t believe you?

I’m not trying to excuse any and all hatefulness.

You’re doing a bang up job of it just the same.

But I’m generally willing to err on the side of restraint

…Not on the part of people who are saying stupid shit.

Those FAQs are awful. And pushing “Friend Zone” crap is such bullshit.

LBT
LBT

RE: lauralot

Sssh! Don’t tell ’em! If they know I’m a married semi-ace, they’ll be jealous!

Also, I get really annoyed at how celibacy is apparently so warranted as to cause bitterness against a whole GENDER, but somehow, it never occurs to them to do what I did. I mean, after two rapey assholes, you’d think I’d be extremely leery of men. But I remembered that two assholes do not a gender make. AMAZING GUYS. And I posted very few screeds, and when I did, I got called out on them, as I should have!

WHAT A CONCEPT.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

Ithaliania: (sp?)

Aspie Gal here. It’s why it took 18 bloody years for me to get a diagnosis. That and the fact that I was quiet, shy, didn’t drink ink, or run around the classroom with an axe. And that my school selected for intelligence, so “of course we can’t have mental disabilities/differences here”…

*offer of weighty blanket*

Ithiliana

@Creative Writing Student: Thanks for the info and support! I’m 56, so back in the day, nobody even knew about this (and I’d bet real money my brother has attention deficit disorder–he cannot sit still for more than 30 minutes). Just have to get time to track down colleague in Psychology or Counselling who has some of the tests and is authorized to give them….

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

@Ithiliana

Most of the research into Girls/Women with Asperger’s was being done in the 90s and early 2000s, but didn’t trickle down to schools until I was in Sixth Form (2008-2009). You’d have thought they’d have picked up something was wrong when a predicted-A student gets consistent C’s though… I am a bit Hermione Granger as well so you can imagine how that went down.

I’m fortunate enough to live in an area with one of the few Adult Autism units in the country, and my old counsellor picked up on it. I get it from my Dad’s side of the family. Engineers, the lot of ’em. 😛

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Thank you Princess Bonbon! I’m an accountant, so I’d actually have fun organizing your collection. I used to re-do mine every so often because I’d think of a different way to arrange things. But I also think playing with spreadsheets is fun . . .

princessbonbon

*immediately races over to Hippodameia’s house and honks horn impatiently*

We have over two thousand books to organize! (I buy A LOT of books.)

Holly Pervocracy

I would be HORRIFIED to find out that someone I consider a friend thinks he’s in my “friend zone.”

pecunium
pecunium

I think Richard III is one of the more underrated monarchs. For all that I love Eliz. I, I think we’d all be a lot happier if Bolingbroke had been the loser at Bosworth.

Sharculese
Sharculese

i loooooooooooooove richard iii

oh shit, wrong thread

cloudiah

@princessbonbon Semi-serious question: Is there a library/information science program in your area? You might be able to get someone to organize those 2000 books for dirt cheap, if not free. I do it for a living so it’s the last thing I want to do when I get off work, sadly — all my books are in completely random order at home.

princessbonbon

Bolingbroke? He never fought anyone for the throne in 1399 and it was more or less a bloodless revolution as Richard II abdicated after he lost all noble support due to his actions of 1397-99 when taken into custody at Conway Castle.

Sharculese
Sharculese

aesthetically, the best organizing principal for books is large stacks everywhere based on complex patterns that only you can discern. it’s the principal that’s driven the decor in my last several apartments

princessbonbon

Actually most of the books are in stacks and tubs I got when I moved. I tend to just do alphabetical order by type-fiction in this section here, nonfiction paperbacks here and then nonfiction hardbacks here.

It is not truly that difficult, just really time consuming and tedious.

Kyrie
Kyrie

My books are usually ordered by size, then I put the new ones on top. Then again I don’t have than many books, because for a long time I didn’t buy any, just add some for birthdays and borrowed a lot to the library, and sometimes to friends.

pecunium
pecunium

Yeah, I had a brain cramp. I was speaking of Richard III, and I did mean the Battle of Bosworth (1485).

Ugh
Ugh

I know I’m late to this thread, but I felt I just had to point this out:

Dave: “It generally seems much easier for women to find sex/love/companionship than comparable men.”

I’m not sure who’s crunching the numbers over at LoveShy, but I’m pretty sure that heterosexual women have sex/love/companionship with heterosexual men EXACTLY AS OFTEN as heterosexual men have sex/love/companionship with heterosexual women.

Tautology shouldn’t be this difficult.

Kyrie
Kyrie

Ugh: Almost! Poly people are there to ruin your math.

ozymandias42

I organize my books based on the excellent “pile them on my bed” principle.

Ugh: Dave strikes me as one of the people who believes that only men cheat, so the hot dudes are hogging all the women via cheating on them, and nice guys like him can never get laid. Technically, if all of the hot men have two women, it’s quite easy to have a significant proportion of the male population unable to get laid/a partner.

Ugh
Ugh

Unless all poly people are actually poly men whose girlfriends sleep with them, and them only, I can’t see it being skewed that much. I mean, men have exactly as many open relationships with women as women have with men.

Unless LoveShy people live on a commune in which poly is only allowed for men but not for women, I don’t know how it happens that heterosexual women can have so much sex while heterosexual women have so little. If they are on scary commune, they probably have bigger problems than being celibate.

Ugh
Ugh

But yeah, I guess when a bunch of guys believes that the entirety of a person’s personality can be reduced to one of three Greek letters, reality’s pretty much out the window already.

ozymandias42

It’s not exactly a reality-checked belief at alllllll. But “the alphas are hogging all the women and we get NONE of them” is fairly common, at least among PUA-types.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

It’s easy to think only 20% of men are getting laid if your belief system basically only considers as valid the existence of the top 20% attractiveness tier of women (by whatever arbitrary criteria you wan to rank them).

princessbonbon

I am not sure if I agree that Richard’s reign would have been better for England by the way.

pecunium
pecunium

princessbonbon: I didn’t expect you to. 🙂

It’s hard to get a good look at Richard III, in no small part because the Tudor’s needed to villify him. Looking at the ways in which Northumbria throve under his time as governor there, and the ways he was applying the same style of rule to England as a whole; and then looking at the much more restrictive policies of liberty and property that Henry (and his heirs) put into place, I think the populace would have done better.

But we’ll never know.

princessbonbon

It could be or it could be that the economic strife was inevitable. I need to finish Inflation in Tudor and Early Stuart England so I can argue more definitely on that part. I know that the northern part of England did well under Richard when he was in charge of it. I do not know if the southern or western part would have done as well since the two other areas were so different than the southern parts. I do know that southern England was viewed very differently because it never had the border to contend with.

darksidecat

Fuck all monarchy.

That is all.

pecunium
pecunium

The real issue (IMO) is that Richard was far more tolerant of individual rights, and less money-grubbing. The level of affection he had engendered in the North was a significant problem for Henry, well after his rule was secured. York defied him a couple of times, in terms of whom they elected to local offices.

Assuming his hold on the throne was seen as legitimate (likely, given the desire to end the civil wars) it’s quite probable (IMO) that a greater social mobility would have been possible.

Henry’s timing was fortunate, and Richard’s tendencies to trust in people bit him in the ass. If he’d been willing to keep the Stanley’s in check (by means of either hostage, or the expedient of not letting him leave; something Henry never showed any unwillingness to do), then the end of Bosworth comes to be very much in doubt. I don’t agree with the idea that his letting Henry extend into Nottingham was folly; it wasn’t so long as Stanley didn’t betray him. But that’s a question of strategy, not one of “what happens if the Plantagenet’s keep the crown.

princessbonbon

Even Elizabeth had troubles with the northern counties-the only actual rebellion that occurred during her reign originated in the north. So again, it does not follow that Richard could do a decent job of handling the rest of the country. Especially since they thought he usurped the throne from Edward V (granted it was for a sensible reason, the Woodvilles were horrible and there was not going to be much restraint on them if Edward stayed on the throne.)

I also prefer the breaking of the nobles power that Henry did and unlike Richard, Henry could unite the two sides by marrying Elizabeth of York.

pecunium
pecunium

But those are post hoc arguments. Elizabeth’s rebellion was an extention of the, “no prince but a Percy”, and the residual loyalty of the North to the Lancastrians.

And Henry’s breaking of the nobles power came at the expense of individual liberties, and much more grasping taxation, which was something of a drag on the rise of a middle class.

The polity was, all in all, satisfied with his presence; there was no flocking to Henry’s banner; even in his native Wales, which was something of a problem. That Stanley turned coat is what saved his usurpation.

It’s complicated. All in all I think Henry was, at best, no better than Richard would have been.

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

An adorable little pretty-kitty!

No, I DON’T THINK that she should be euthanized, hanged, drowned, or otherwise killed! She should be loved, pampered, looked after, petted, and cuddled.

Happy now?

So much for all of the nonsense gibberish here on womenbeinghateful(a.k.a. manboobz.com) about my being cruel to kitties–or women!

princessbonbon

If one really wants to speculate-imagine if Arthur had not died.

Myoo
Myoo

@Meller
Riiight.

Kyrie
Kyrie

“hanged”? Who does that anyway? I concur with Myoo that’s way more specific than it needed to be.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

There are people who hang cats? Why?

Oh, never mind, it’s just Meller’s creepy little fantasies seeping out all over the internet again.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Meller: You told me to consider euthanize my kitten because she scratched me. You are a despicable asshat who laughs at the pain of cancer patients and can cordially FUCK RIGHT OFF. Hey, for your next act, maybe you can tell me to never see NephewB again because he likes me to chase him around, making my hip ache.

Shadow

That was the most out of the blue, O/T self defense I’ve ever seen. To crib from Rutee’s playbook:

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

womenbeinghateful: see above!

Notice that even when I went out of my way to show how much I appreciated little adorables,(see comment 142661 above) , manboobzettes still slandered and attacked me.

How do you spell spiteful, mean, and vicious? F-E-M-I-N-I-S-T.