a voice for men creepy evil women gloating I am making a joke I'm totally being sarcastic kitties misogyny MRA threats violence

Taking pussy off the pedestal

No more special treatment for you, princess!!

Female kitties! Your long reign of gynofelininofascist matrioterror has ended! Over on A Voice for Male Cats Men, JinnBottle has figured out a purr-fect way to put lady cats in their place! (Hint: That place is not on his lap, being gently stroked.) Oh, and this goes for all you human ladies too, or else — POW!

Are you?

(Thanks to Cloudiah for pointing me to this comment.)

rjjspesh
rjjspesh

Actually LOL’d at Lady Zombie’s comment

Falconer
Falconer

What women do to perfectly innocent water in their bladders does not bear thinking about.

On a related note, women pee pure evil.

Falconer
Falconer

I tell myself that when my eyes start watering and I almost faint from cleaning my cat’s litter box, at least I haven’t succumbed to their diabolical brain-altering urine parasite.

Kate
Kate

from my friend’s cats I have learned the following:

All women like to catch mice and bring them inside to train the children of the family how to kill and eat them, and are horribly confused when the children instead trap the mouse and release it back to the wild.

All men like to lick your hair as you sleep, and if your hair is tied back will gnaw on it until you wake up.

All men like to chase each other around the house all night, and if there is a person sleeping on the couch feel that the person is the best trampoline ever and will ensure that their “chase” pattern runs directly over the sleeping person’s stomache.

All women will climb the screens of screen doors and tap on the inside door with their nose to be let in.

from this thread I have reaffirmed that all manbooberz are teh awesome!

seranvali

My little calico sleeps with her eyes wide open. It’s a bit disconcerting to wake up in the middle of the night to find her staring fixedly at me, fast asleep. Apparently she goes to sleep watching me, which I find rather sweet of her.

Falconer
Falconer

I once found my younger cat dreaming with one of her eyes not quite closed. She looked like she was awake but her paws were twitching. Unfortunately they sleep quite lightly and when I tried to call my wife into the room I only woke the cat up.

kaivanvlack

This guy is taking advice from the fictional serial killer from Se7en. Case closed.

VoIP
VoIP

2 naked men come into my apartment every night and shit in a box in my closet
help

lauralot89

@VoIP: You think that’s bad? A naked man just ran across the floor on all floor, bit my feet, jumped onto the cabinets, and is now lounging in front of the window like it’s all okay.

lauralot89

On all fours, I mean. Too traumatized by the nudity and the biting to type properly.

Dave

@ithiliana- Hey, I’m another member of Love-Shy. We aren’t men-only, and we do have a few woman regulars, but only a few. It generally seems much easier for women to find sex/love/companionship than comparable men. But those women who do find it difficult are absolutely welcomed. Anyone here, for example, is welcome to join as long as you’re respectful to our situation. For example, the word “entitlement” in reference to our desire not to be lonely- that is not allowed.

I don’t think we scare anyone off- I’d like to think we’re a reasonably friendly bunch. In fact, I’d say I’m especially sympathetic to woman incels because they’re likely going to feel even more inadequate than men. But there just don’t seem to be that many.

Kyrie
Kyrie

I cuddle with a naked man, a stranger none the less, on a public bench, while they were people walking by.

cloudiah

Last night a naked woman licked another naked woman’s butt right in front of me while I was eating dinner. This morning, while I was stumbling around in the dark, two naked women darted through my legs and almost made me trip. Since these naked women are very small in comparison to me and would have suffered if fallen upon, this proves that tiny, naked fur-women have no concept of real consequences.

@BigMomma Thanks for posting Simon’s Cat videos. I LOVE those.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Adding nudity to this has made it so much better, guys. You are brilliant.

@Dave: wrong thread, I think?

Kyrie
Kyrie

Do they really? Do women, in average, start having sex or dating at a younger age, do they have more partners? Or maybe more women than men have at least one partner?

Or is it just because there are less of them on Love-shy? Because that would be a terrible criteria.

Ithiliana

Am now convinced that many of posters here have a cat like Nanny Ogg’s Greebo who morphs from naked man to cat under stress.

It makes perfect sense………….

CassandraSays

Anyone remember highway cat (ie the one that we found on the side of the highway)? She was terribly skinny when we found her, but she is now very large. And a brown tabby, and a bit wicked, so he’s now calling her Greeba.

Ithiliana

Dave: We aren’t men-only, and we do have a few woman regulars, but only a few. It generally seems much easier for women to find sex/love/companionship than comparable men.

Speaking as woman who was not able to have sex with men for years and years (FAT SHY THICK GLASSES NERD READ A LOT), I’m not quite buying that.

For one thing: I was one of the few women in a bisexual support group in the 80s. The guys just couldn’t understand why there weren’t more women.

Well, the reason was (like it or not, intend it or not), they came off as sexist much of the time, as well as heteronormative in their assumptions. And like most men in groups they dominated the discussion, and did not listen to the women involved.

I was also one of the only women in an APA for years: ditto, ditto, ditto, only in typed comments instead of face/face. I spent a lot of years as one of the few women in larger groups of men–and it’s not that I’m unique. It’s that women often do not choose to put themselves in such groups because MEN.

Including men who assume things like: I’d say I’m especially sympathetic to woman incels because they’re likely going to feel even more inadequate than men.

See, the problem here is that you assume women are somehow both homogeneous and totally different from men.

There is absolutely no proof that “women” have it any easier than men, and my miserable teenager and twenties can prove it. So, no, I’m not buying it.

Desiring to have a relationship is not entitlement.

Demanding that any given woman have sex or a relationship with you because X (you bought her dinner, you’re a nice guy, etc.) is entitlement.

Ithiliana

@Kyrie: (btw, if I look t my high-school friends, one man and two woman never had a partner to this day and to my knowledge)

Yeah I don’t buy the “women have it easier”–that’s straight out of the MRA playbook!

I am approaching my 40th high school reunion (holy shit 2013), and I still remember how one woman did not come to our 20th *because she was not married and was morbidly convinced that she would be the only one and we would all laugh at her.

I also remembering being somewhat *smug* about a bunch of classmates who were looking at me and realizing that as a single never marreid childfree woman, I had a lot of freedom they did not have (there were at least three pregnancies during our senior year, and a whole lot of people seemed to think that if one did not marry right after high school, one’s life was a total failure).

Plus, I had a tattoo, ahahahahahahaha.

Ithiliana

@Viscaria: I think it was the wrong thread–but I answered anyway, because, oh, well!

*goes to look at other threads for what um that other LoveShy guy said*

Viscaria
Viscaria

Well then I’m going to respond here too! 😀

@Dave, a quick breakdown:

1) Feeling lonely: not entitled!
2) Feeling like women have a responsibility to make you no longer feel lonely: entitled!
3) Wishing you had a girlfriend: not entitled!
4) Resenting women for dating guys that aren’t you: entitled!
5) Feeling hurt when a woman rejects you: not entitled
6) Feeling pissed off that a woman rejected you since obviously that hypergamous bitch is going to fuck thug cock instead of a nice guy like you, like she ought to: entitled!

No one is going to call you entitled unless you’re, you know, being entitled.

Dave

@Viscaria- Well, we’re in agreement then!

But as someone who has member of Love-Shy, I think you’re oversimplifying the issue. I’m an incel, but I think it’s largely because of my appearance. True, I am shy, I am insecure, but not cripplingly so… I can function socially in non-sexual environments. And I’m convinced that one day, I will find love in someone who maybe doesn’t care so much. But for a lot of these guys (and maybe a few girls) that day really is probably never going to come.

I don’t this this makes the anger reasonable, or right, and like I said I would never say something like that… but I think referring to it as “entitlement” is callous. If we were talking about douchebag Tucker Max bros, that would be one thing, but we’re not. It’s more the manifestation of years and years of pain. I’m 26, so not so bad, but there are incels on Love-Shy who are 40 and even older.

Dave

Excuse me. The first sentence should read “But as someone who has been a member of Love-Shy for years…”

Ithiliana

Dave: Well, the anger may be understandable, but posting long rants on the internet about the horrible horrible women (and all the attendant insults) is not–and I hope you’re not going into the same schtick Emma was on in another thread about how many abusing women is understandable because they are SO angry at how they are treated, or DKM’s schtick, that women drive men to abuse them.

If anybody (and I’m not saying you’re doing that, but it’s clear that some people on Love-shy HAVE) viciously attacks all women as hypergamous hypocritical bitches who torture poor unattractive or beta man–that’s a whole different category.

I also think if people have the idea that having sex makes life automatically better without realizing all the pain and hurt that can accompany relationships which don’t always work out, then the overly idealized idea will hurt them more in the long run.

Ithiliana

@Dave (LS) (to distinguish from David Futrelle): One of my mother’s best friends and neighbors is hmmm maybe in his seventies now, never married, never dated (in the whole time I’ve known him–I am 56). He’s a lovely man, with strong connections/friendships all over.

And my mother was dumped by my father when he ran off with a grad student after 25 years of marriage.

OTOH, two years ago, she moved in her 91 year old boyfriend and they been living happily in sin ever since, dancing at least twice a week.

People in their forties–hah, younguns.

CassandraSays

I don’t think the anger is understandable, actually. Sadness is understandable. Depression is understandable. But for anger to be present there has to be some underlying assumption that sex and/or a relationship is something that the person is entitled to and therefore other people are doing something wrong by not providing it. And that’s not a reasonable thing to feel at all.

Dave

Well, yes, I certainly agree that there’s a point at which someone is simply being unreasonable and hateful- and I do agree that line has been crossed on L-S, though I don’t think it’s crossed as often as some people think. But what I’m saying is that it’s a gray area- especially on a place like L-S, which is specifically constructed for incels and thus (IMO) justifiably inclined to err on the side of tolerance with that kind of stuff.

Rutee Katreya

You are the emperor of consolation.

That you think you’re doing particularly better does not actually mean you are. You’re still acting like women aren’t really there in force when you are being told why they’re not coming to your forum.

CassandraSays

I’m not saying that the site should ban people who say those things, I’m saying that the fact that people say those things tells us something about them, and it’s not something positive.

CassandraSays

Also, like others have said, if there are very few women on your forum, the fact that there are a significant number of men who say things like that is probably the reason why. I’ve met plenty of women who have a hard time getting sex or relationships, but none of them would willingly hang out on a forum where there are men expressing anger at women as a whole for not giving them sex. If you don’t understand why women would find that threatening then I’m not sure what to tell you.

Dave

@Cassandra, well, perhaps there’s a distinction to be made between “reasonable” and “understandable”.

I am not angry, so I really can’t speak to those feelings. I wish I had sexual experience, sure, but I otherwise like to think I live a semi-fulfilling life. But then again, being only 26- and cognitively normal- I feel unqualified to speak for the incels who have it really bad. After literally decades of loneliness, complete isolation (for some of my L-S friends, not just in a romantic sense but in a more general social sense), some of them become bitter, defensive, and yeah, angry. Does this make it reasonable? No, I don’t think so. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I understand and empathize.

CassandraSays

You might try empathizing with women who come across those angry posts. There are plenty of women who are in the same boat that you are, and there’s a reason why they’re not hanging out on your forum.

Also if I understand what you’re alluding to by “cognitively normal” then I have to strongly object to that. One of my best friends is on the autism spectrum, and she manages not to express rage towards people who don’t give her what she wants or some up with elaborate sexist theories to explain away her frustrations.

Dave

It may be true that women are turned off by some attitudes at L-S (although I say again- we have woman regulars who have said similar things without any of the guys taking offense). But to be honest, if the cost of attracting these women is to ask incels to self-police on the one forum that is ostensibly for them… that’s too high a price, IMO. That defeats the purpose of the board. L-S is a place for incels- male and female but mostly male- to be offered sympathy and compassion, and that’s the #1 goal. You don’t have to read it, just like I don’t have to read things I find offensive.

Anyway, that’s my perception of the situation. You’re all certainly entitled to your own opinions on L-S, I was just trying to offer my own perspective.

Rutee Katreya

Not being an asshole to women = self policing. The things I learn from sexist dudes!

That defeats the purpose of the board

Is the purpose of the board helping people cope with virginity, or salving male egos?

…If they are male. If they are female they better get used to being told it is THEIR FAULT.

I appreciate the thought, but that was the free square on my card today.

CassandraSays

I have no interest in reading it on an ongoing basis, and no interest in policing it either. I’m just pointing out that there’s a reason why there are so few women there. And also, on a more general level, how self-defeating that kind of anger is. If those men are walking around with that kind of attitude towards women then their chances of remaining alone forever are very high. Not because women are evil hypergamous bitches, but because women with decent self esteem don’t appreciate being called evil hypergamous bitches.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

You’re not providing support to those people by letting them post angry rants about women. Misogynistic attitudes just don’t help you get over your issues, they just make you wallow in them and postponing the personal growth you must go through by putting the responsability of your problems on women instead of yourself.

cloudiah

Egg-zactly. If men are already having a hard time forming relationships with women, and they spend a lot of time in a place where male anger and bitterness at women is not just allowed but (it sounds like) reinforced, that is not going to help those men form relationships with women.

(I’m gendering it this way because of how Dave is describing the place — haven’t visited for myself.)

Dave

Rutee, I have literally stated twice- and in the very post you responded to, at that- that woman incels are extended the same compassion that men are. In fact- again, as I previously stated and you willfully ignored- woman incels have also said things in anger that I would generally take offense to. But I don’t, because I understand the context.

I’m not trying to excuse any and all hatefulness. There have been occasions where men have said things that are simply unacceptable, and I have said so. But I’m generally willing to err on the side of restraint, especially if I know the person’s background. Anyway, that’s all I’ve got to say. Thanks for engaging with me.

hellkell
hellkell

Why the hell are Dave and Chris here in the first place? I hope this doesn’t doesn’t turn into another round of “I can’t get laid, can you feminists give me the key to unlock all the vagina?”

So if you’re having trouble meeting women and your options are a) hang out with women or b) hang out with men who whinge about women, you choose…a. Fascinating.

Rather like an unemployed person who wouldn’t go to a job fair if that meant s/he couldn’t whinge about employers or a person with diabetes who eats tons of desserts as long as s/he is allowed to whinge about having diabetes.

cloudiah

Irrelevant but very important (to ME!) question to katz:
How do you pronounce the word “whinge?” I have always wondered. I mispronounce words constantly — it’s my superpower! That, and making streetlights go out when I walk under them.

Ithiliana

@Dave: that woman incels are extended the same compassion that men are. I

So, when a woman talks about how horrible and awful and terrible the men around her are, how they won’t talk to her, or date her, or sleep with her, all the men or some of the men or a few of the men join in with total support and condemnation of men?

RLLY?

Ithiliana

And now that I think about it: are there gay men and lesbians at love-shy talking about how horribly hard it is for THEM to get dates, etc. After all, it’s not as if awkwardness, shyness, fatness, nerdness, all those things are limited to heterosexuals. *remembering several nights spent at lesbian bar yearning yearning yearning about gorgeous woman, short dark hair, very butch, great tattoos, too shy to talk*

Honestly, I have no idea if “whinge” is an actual word. You could probably put any word in the right context and make it mean “complain.”

“Stop caterpillaring all the time! Your life isn’t that bad!”

“You’re just stoobling because you’re a sore loser.”

Ithiliana

and this definitely implies the default love shy dude is male!

I gave up on the forums after a post on the fat bird jokes……although to be fair, i generally loathe that forum format.

cloudiah

@katz, it is, it IS a word, and here is what it sounds like:

Ithiliana

@Katz: i thought “whinge” was the British version of American “whine”..goes to google.

Ithiliana

Yup! I think it is: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whinge

My partner’s parents were British immigrants after WWII, and she tends to use it along with some other Britishisms on a common basis.

CassandraSays

So they estimate that 40% of “love-shy” people have Asperger’s, and Aspies tend to be above average in intelligence, and from this they’ve concluded that “most” people on their forums are of above average and intelligence?

Special snowflakes unite (and fail at math).