antifeminism grandiosity irony alert markymark men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA reactionary bullshit

Empirical & Prima Facie Evidence That MarkyMark the MGTOWer is a Nitwit

Christina Ricci was cursed to be in this thoroughly mediocre werewolf movie.

Empirical means “derived from or guided by experience or experiment.” Prima Facie, in legal terms, means something that is self-evident.

So I was intrigued when Man Boobz Man Boob All-Star MarkyMark recently promised, in the headline to one of his blog posts, to present “Empirical & Prima Facie Evidence Women Should NOT Vote.”  I’m game, MarkyMark. Where exactly do you find the empirical evidence for this evidently self-evident proposition?

In a vast collection of empirical observations called “The Bible.” Specifically, the book of Genesis (not the one with Phil Collins in it).

If you remember Genesis 3 in the Bible, you’ll remember that God gave men & women their respective curses after The Fall. For men, it was to “labor by the sweat of their brow all the days of their lives”; IOW, men were cursed with work. Women were cursed “with pain in childbearing.”

So far this empirical evidence is pretty powerful. MarkyMark continues:

Now, what feminism sought to do was, in ADDITION to having their own curse, was secure for women the curse of men too. And women FELL for it-real smart, Ladies! Not only did you swallow the feminist bullshit hook, line, and sinker; it looks like you ate the rod, reel, and line to boot! Only women could do something so foolish, idiotic, and STUPID.

And now he comes to the nub of his argument:

Though many arguments could be made against women’s suffrage, though many arguments could be made against giving women the right to vote, this situation right here provides both empirical and prima facie evidence that women are NOT smart enough to vote; they do not have the mental wherewithal to vote. I mean, come on! How stupid do you have to be to DOUBLE your cursings from God? …

Seriously, men do NOT go around seeking to add to their curses in life. Have you ever seen men CLAMORING to experience child birth, and all the pain that goes along with it?! No, you have not. …

In closing, though many arguments could be made against women’s suffrage, we don’t need many arguments; we only need one: women, not men, chose to DOUBLE their divine curse; women, not men sought to ADD to whatever pain child birth brought into their lives; finally, women did this eagerly, accepting men’s divine curse with gusto as they STAMPEDED into the world of work. That alone shows us that women cannot think causally, linearly, logically, or for the good of others. Therefore, women should not be allowed to vote-end of story.

After all this talk of divine curses, I thought I would share with you a Divine blessing. Here’s Divine, with her 1983 club hit “Love Reaction.” I think they call her Divine because she sings like an angel. And yeah, the song does sound an eensy teensy little bit like “Blue Monday” by New Order. Her producer was sort of known for completely ripping off other people’s songs.

boomboom
boomboom

Boggi, I hope that you learn from this, because I’m SURE you’ve treated others like this before, and this is a much better cause.

Quakers, yeah I need to do a video on this guy, he links to bararossaa, and a voice for men, and Bernard Chapin, and Johntheother love barbarossaaa and JTO’s famous video (that my friend and I put together) saying over and over he would not help a woman being raped, in two videos he said this, the second video he credits barbarossaaa with the ideas. I’ve seen his reasoning on it, but nothing makes sense. It’s in regards to ALL women which, again with the monolith…and calling 911 is a civic duty, and if that’s not what they mean, if they would call 911, then their whole point is invalid. They are helping and just trying to inflame people and then backpedal.

boomboom
boomboom

Maya, also on his channel he said he will ban any woman and remove all their comments if she says she’s had an abortion.

Quackers
Quackers

@boomboom

Eesh. I don’t really bother with their youtube videos. Mainly because their voices make me want to cut my ears off lol. Youtube is such a cesspool of misogyny, racism and just douchebaggery in general so I try to steer clear.

Good on you for not being deterred though 🙂

BoggiDWurms
BoggiDWurms

MRAs have treated me like this (through their propaganda videos that is) for a few months. I’m sorry I came across very harsh, but those bastards made me feel utterly miserable.

But thanks for your sincere advice, Boom Boom. Manboobzers are my true friends and some of the smartest and kindest people I’ve known – at least on the internet – even though I was a little careless with my behavior.

jumbofisch
jumbofisch

MRAs have treated me like this

?

Are you saying we are treating you like how mras have treated you?

Maya
Maya

@Boggi

I know what you mean. I’ve drifted for a while before commenting here. In one of your posts, you implied MRAs are bullies. And you are right. They are. And a vortex of sewage like the internet is where people like them prosper and multiply like rats, because anonymity both protects them and gives a fake authority they would never have IRL.

What really set me off in a blaze of fury was Tom Martin, especially his passive aggressive gimmick so many MRAs do. Tom Martin the pure IRL. Tom Martin the furious online.

Anathema
Anathema

@ Kirbywarp:

Having reread what MarkyMark wrote, it’s obvious that your interpretation is correct. I was wrong. I’d like to blame my misunderstanding on MarkyMark just being a bad writer, but I don’t think it’s fair in this case. I guess that was just one massive reading comprehension fail on my part.

Quackers
Quackers

@Boggi

I know how crappy it feels knowing that such assholes exist out there, trust me I’m hesitant to meet new people. But you shouldn’t let them get to you. For one that’s what they want, and two, they’re jerks. And jerks should either be mocked or ignored. Most people, I would like to believe, are not assholes. Nor do they think that all women are worthless or bitches or that there’s some vast feminist conspiracy. Even those that disagree with some feminism don’t stoop to that level.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Anathema:

Eh, no worries. It’s not so much the writing as it is the content; the only reason people work is because it’s a curse from God. Women want to work, therefore they want to be cursed, therefore they are stupid, therefore they shouldn’t be able to vote… Even if the writing is crystal clear, its a crystal clear description of mud.

I mean, what happens to women/girls who aren’t married in this world cursed by God? Apparently they need to somehow get a man do to stuff, otherwise they are idiots. And if women do that, it makes them whores or something.

boomboom
boomboom

Boggi, I mean you want people to leave you alone here for things that you’ve said, but I’m pretty sure that in other venues you have bullied people worse.

I didn’t want to spell it out that directly. My bad. I also hope this is not an inappropriate derail.

Boggi, I imagine you feel like you’re just hanging out here having a good time and it’s really fun and then out of the blue someone says something mean about you and ruins everything.

That’s how people who believe in God feel about the sort of comments you kept dropping. And this is true whether you meant to hurt our feelings or not.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Funny, I wasn’t really expecting to see a comment stating that there couldn’t possibly be anything good about femininity from a non-troll on a site as feminist-leaning a this one. But apparently calling that out was just meanness, and if anyone else was bothered by it we should just forget about it because it’s not like our feelings are important or anything.

What’s being objected to here, I think, isn’t so much Boggi’s specific comments about atheism as the pattern that goes say nasty inflammatory things/defend them when called out on them because you were just angry, trying to needle MRAs, etc/when that doesn’t go over well insist that everyone is picking on you and they need to stop, all without any recognition of the fact that you’re not the only person in the virtual room whose feelings matter.

2-D Man
2-D Man

Meh, I give MarkyMark 750 miliPalins.

BoggiDWurms
BoggiDWurms

@Cassandra

I go through these contradictions and cycles of behavior is because MRAs gave me a lot of shit and I felt very terrible and conflicted. My reasoning capacities were literally shut down by MRA trolls in my mind. I was going under a lot of stress and was incapable of seeing clearly.

It wasn’t because I don’t respect your feelings or intentionally wish to hurt people or anything like that. I’m sorry I was that offensive and oblivious to your feelings. Please, no longer hold me under so much suspicion.

James Reynolds
James Reynolds

Slight boring quibble – ‘Prima Facie’ doesn’t really mean self-evident, more ‘on the face of it’ or ‘it seems evident from an initial appraisal of the facts’ or something like this. It is not as strong as self-evident.

BigMomma
BigMomma

@James Reynolds

scroll up to the comment i posted at 9.44pm

does that help?

Anna
Anna

Clearly no one should vote because ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn, duh.

Not even Shub-Niggurath? She probably had her thousand young just so she could live comfortably on taxpayers’ money, which proves she’s too smart to want to work. By Markymark’s logic, she should be allowed to vote.

blitzgal

I would be in full support of it, because the women in America are out of control thanks to pussy ass male politicians who allow (yes , I said ALLOW) them to be.

And in yet another thread, I’m forced to scream FUCK YOU at another MRA shitface. 135 bills passed across the country to limit women’s reproductive freedom. Kansas doctors legally allowed to lie to their female patients about their health. Colorado wants to make abortion and use of the morning after pill a homicide. Virginia requires an ultrasound, which yes, will still have to be done transvaginally if it’s too early in the pregnancy to use the external one. And let’s not forget contraceptives, which are now morally questionable again after fifty years of use by over 90% of American women. You fucking asshole MRAs still whining about not getting laid, still claiming that you’re being oppressed, when there is an actual quantifiable war on women going on in this country right now.

jumbofish

Please, no longer hold me under so much suspicion.

Begging does not help, it makes it look worse actually. No one is “holding you under suspicion” they are annoyed at your rudeness. I’m not going to bring up the past but it feels like its already being repeated here (you implying we attacked you like those mras attacked you and that we are responsible for your well being). Hopefully you can move forward from this and acknowledge people won’t forget so easily but they can forgive. I really hope you aren’t trying to take advantage of people’s good nature here.

You need to realize people here are willing to forgive you boggi, but you right now need to move on and stop bringing it up if you want people to stop talking about it. dsc mention you once in a passing comment, you did not need to respond to zir begging for zie to stop.

I don’t think he was really bullying anyone here, its more like he was being rude and inconsiderate. He might have unintentionally done it when he held himself hostage but thats not really the issue.

boomboom
boomboom

jumbo fish… IN OTHER VENUES.

that was clearly in that paragraph.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

Also I just got done reading comments on one of my videos form MRAs saying (totally as a non sequitir and flying in the face of all that was discussed) that anti feminist is NOT anti woman. Well not necc, but they’re constantly going on about women.

If MRAs simply challenged feminist discourse through rational argument, I wouldn’t have a problem with that even if I thought their arguments were silly. But they don’t. Instead, they write that rape victims are “conniving bitches”, call women “cunts” and say that society was better off when women couldn’t vote. They’re angry at feminism because feminists don’t put up with their misogyny.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

“If you ever get ambitious, you should do a video on barbarossaaa.”

Here’s everything you need to know about this guy:

In [a Youtube video] I said that if I were to see a woman being raped I would continue on as if nothing ever happened. And I still stand by that statement without apology. I assert that I am 100% justified in this line of thought.

scrapemind
scrapemind

If you believe that the purpose of work is to grant a man sexual access to women through his income, then the idea of women working isn’t going to make sense to you. A man might even get infuriated at women for missing the point and thinking that work is fulfilling and an end in itself.

Crys

that….was…..AWESOME

I’ve been reading and hearing a depressing string of stories in the news lately, and that little bit of comic relief was just what I needed

Thank you Manboobz, for choosing today to bring us something truly hilarious in its stupidity instead of something nauseating in its visceral hate

TheNatFantastic

I didn’t know where to stick this, but I thought Manboobzers might like it. It’s feminist website comments bingo card that I (and my emasculated mangina boyfriend) made: http://yfrog.com/mg6sgej

Enjoy 🙂

Kyrie
Kyrie

It’s a great bingo card! What’s in the middle, everything or nothing?

TheNatFantastic

@Kyrie I think just ‘generic misogynist comment’!

cloudiah

@TheNatFantastic You have created TheBingoCardFantastic! I like having that generic square in the middle, which can be used for things like Tom Martin’s “Female penguins are whores.” You know, those generic misogynist comments you just can’t anticipate!

Kyrie
Kyrie

All right, just to be sure.

Ruby Hypatia
Ruby Hypatia

In the Old Testament, God’s favorite people are males of Hebrew descent. Who wrote the Old Testament? Males of Hebrew descent. Hmmm….

Tamara
Tamara

So…. women are stupid for wanting to work, and thereby take on a second “curse”…..

… Wouldn’t that make MRAs equally stupid for not gladly allowing women to take on their “curse” as well?

Amnesia
Amnesia

Genesis 3:6 – And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat; and she gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.

According to the story itself, Adam was there, and as far as we know, not only didn’t try to stop her, but even partook of the fruit himself. Some might try to interpret this as a man too afraid to question his wife, but then we see this:

Genesis 3:12 – And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

“It was all her fault! She made me do it!” Right. Too afraid to question her when she went for the fruit or refrain from taking the fruit himself, but not afraid enough to keep from blaming her for everything.

Again, even just using the Bible, that’s not true. We’ve got Deborah the Judge and Jael, the woman who killed an enemy leader with a hammer and a tent-pin in the book of Judges. We’ve got Ruth, who selflessly stayed with her mother-in-law after her husband died and went to the fields everyday to pick grain for the two of them in the book of Ruth. We’ve got Abigail in 1st Samuel, who aided David in his campaign when her husband refused to offer any assistance (Her husband died soon after and David took her as a wife, a story that would be far more romantic if David didn’t have a wife collection problem that would end up biting him in the ass later on, see Bathsheba). We’ve got Rahab the harlot in the book of Joshua, who aided God’s people and thus spared herself and her family from God’s wrath. And, of course, the story of Esther, who put her own life at risk and saved the Jews in the land by confronting the king and his corrupt advisor. Not only that, but if you read Proverbs 31:

A worthy woman who can find? For her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband trusteth in her, And he shall have no lack of gain. She doeth him good and not evil All the days of her life. She seeketh wool and flax, And worketh willingly with her hands. She is like the merchant-ships; She bringeth her bread from afar. She riseth also while it is yet night, And giveth food to her household, And their task to her maidens. She considereth a field, and buyeth it; With the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. She girdeth her loins with strength, And maketh strong her arms. She perceiveth that her merchandise is profitable: Her lamp goeth not out by night. She layeth her hands to the distaff, And her hands hold the spindle. She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; Yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of the snow for her household; For all her household are clothed with scarlet. She maketh for herself carpets of tapestry; Her clothing is fine linen and purple. Her husband is known in the gates, When he sitteth among the elders of the land. She maketh linen garments and selleth them, And delivereth girdles unto the merchant. Strength and dignity are her clothing; And she laugheth at the time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; And the law of kindness is on her tongue. She looketh well to the ways of her household, And eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children rise up, and call her blessed; Her husband [also], and he praiseth her, [saying]: Many daughters have done worthily, But thou excellest them all. Grace is deceitful, and beauty is vain; [But] a woman that feareth Jehovah, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; And let her works praise her in the gates.

Does that sound like someone who can’t be expected to think causally, linearly, logically, or for the good of others to you?

Kyrie
Kyrie

That also sound like someone who can work, including physical works.

Xeginy

@Amnesia:

Booyah!

(I can’t pretend that I fully understand all of the bible talk, but I recognize a smack down when I see it.)

Booyah!

Amnesia
Amnesia

During my ‘fundamentalist’ teenage phase, I made it a point to read my Bible every day, so I’ve been through it several times. Thankfully, I outgrew my old ‘pro-life’ and ‘submission’ views, and learned to question the motives behind middle-aged white guys vehemently defending a system that primarily benefits themselves. Back in Biblical times, guys like that were commonly known as ‘Pharisees,’ and Jesus had many words for them. XD

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ Boggi

Sorry, but that’s not how things work. If your go-to insults are sexist, I’m going to wonder if you are in fact sexist, no matter how many excuses you have for lashing out in that way. That’s the issue with the femininity can’t be positive comment – I can’t see any reason why a person who wasn’t sexist would go there, no matter how upset they were at MRAs. In terms of the comments about religion, I’m an atheist so I wouldn’t say that they hurt me in any way, but even I could tell that anyone who was religious would probably be offended by them. And if that’s how they feel, then that’s how they feel. They’re not overreacting – the comments really were bigoted.

Jumbo is right – you’re trying to hold the other commenters here responsible for your mental and emotional wellbeing, and it’s not cool. If you want people to not view you with suspicion, you just need to not do anything that triggers people’s alarm bells for a long time. There are no “but you have to trust me because otherwise I’ll be upset” shortcuts, and given how much unconscious misogyny* is often on display on this page, people tend to be extra vigilant when they see signs of it. It’s the nature of the environment.

* By which I don’t mean that the people David quotes aren’t openly misogynist – they are. They often don’t seem to be aware of their own misogyny though, or to realise how deeply it’s affected what they see as logical conclusions, that are only logical if you start from the assumption that women are stupid and evil.

About the work issue, there we have unconscious misogyny again. MarkyMark, prejudiced dumbass that he is, can’t imagine women as people who might have normal reasons for wanting to work, like the reasons that he himself might have, so the explanation for women wanting a job must be either stupidity or evil, because he already believes that women are stupid and evil. It’s a perfect logical loop. It’s a good thing that we don’t actually disqualify people from voting on the grounds that they’re not logical, or our friend Marky wouldn’t be allowed to vote any time soon.

darksidecat

I don’t actually think the problem is what Boggi said about religion in and of itself, but rather the context. Religious people make statements implying or stating that their religion is true and their deities or spiritual beings exist, expecting non-religions people to be barred from making statements implying or stating that religion(s) are false and their deities or spiritual beings don’t exist is a double standard. To me, most of the issues with Boggi’s comments was contextual, they came virtually out of nowhere within the context of the discussion, making them as odious as random insertion of religion into a conversation.

darksidecat

“making them as odious as random insertion of religion into a conversation.” Well, not quite, given power discrepancies between the two in most parts of the world (atheists and Christians are not similarly situated in the US), but the same general category of thing.

Falconer
Falconer

I guess what’s tripping me up about calls for atheists to be polite and respectful is that I don’t see how saying “I don’t believe your religion is true and I don’t believe your deity or deities exist” does not carry at some level a mote of dismissal.

Okay yeah I get that “invisible Sky Fairy” and “the Big Beard in the Sky” are overtly disrespectful, but there’s a poster over on Slacktivist who claims that she has met God personally. If I were to say to her, “I don’t believe you,” I would be calling her a liar or delusional or mistaken, any of which would be a blow to her.

I missed Boggi’s statements so I can’t say anything about them.

LBT
LBT

RE: Xeginy

Totally off-topic, but was watching Teen Titans last night, so now I envision you as Cyborg (who also likes to say BOOYAH).

This is a good thing.

Cerik
Cerik

LöL, the funniest part was when he tried to use the bible to justify his claims…. ¡The bible of all books! Hahaha. «Don Quixote» would have been equally suited for such a task, if not more so… XD