actual activism antifeminism I'm totally being sarcastic irony alert misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men Tom Martin twitter Uncategorized whores

Tom Martin’s “anti-male discrimination” case against the London School of Economics dismissed; he responds by calling his critics “whores.”

Hard wooden chairs: Enemy of men?

Tom Martin, a former gender studies student at the London School of Economics, recently became a minor celebrity amongst Men’s Rights activists and other angry men when he sued his alma mater for alleged sexism against men.

He’s now had his case thrown out of court. Let’s go to the Camden New Journal for details:

Tom Martin, 39, who lives in Covent Garden, claimed he suffered “anti-male discrimination” while studying for a master’s degree in gender, media and culture at the world-famous university in Holborn.

Representing himself at his application for a trial at the Central London County Court on Tuesday, Mr Martin complained of a lack of men-only sessions in the university’s gym and the preponderance of posters in the corridors advertis­ing services for women without the presence of similar materials geared towards men.

Mr Martin, who describes himself as a feminist, said “hard” chairs in the library were uncomfortable for men and that a “male blaming culture” was evident in course materials, which “ignored men’s issues” and focused on wrongs done by them.

Damn those misandrist chairs and their man-hating hardness!

The judge didn’t buy it, saying Martin’s case had essentially no chance of success. He threw out the case and ordered Martin to pay LSE’s legal costs.

Martin, welcome to reality.

On Twitter, Martin responded to the news by calling his critics “whores.” One of many examples:

But I was really discriminated against, you whores!

More examples here, and here.

And, yes, his Twitter handle is indeed Sexismbusters.org.

EDITED TO ADD: Actual headline today on What Men are Saying About Women:

Tom Martin Faces Slut-Feminist Judge, Motion Denied..

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: Tom Martin has replied to this post in the comments. Some highlights:

My legal complaint did NOT involve a complaint about the seating. You have been misled by the press – The Times and the West End Extra/Camden New Journal both mysteriously got it wrong.

One year prior to joining the university, when visiting its library, I did complain, that the seating being hard created a greater disadvantage for men than for women, as men have considerably smaller weight-bearing buttock pads than women, and men are heavier too – so for men, on average heavier than women, have more weight bearing down onto a pad which is approximately four times smaller than women’s on average – according to a BBC documentary on the subject.

He then details his attempts to fight this grave injustice. Also, there’s this:

[S]everal comments here are confusing ‘whore’ with ‘slut’. A slut has sex freely, which I am all for. Freedom of association is the ultimate in humanity. A whore charges for sex. Even if a woman is a virgin, but is waiting for Mr Right to buy her something, she’s a whore.

It’s counter-intuitive, but a lot of professional feminists are whores. They expect the government and men to do them special favours. They make up stories to convince men and government to believe that we all owe women something.

But really, if someone were keeping a tab, then…

Women owe men five years pension.
Women owe men some National Service.
Women owe men some inventions.
Women owe men positive discrimination in university curricula.
Women owe men some child access.
It’s women’s round at the bar too.

For the whole thing, see here.

For more charming quotes from Tom, see this post on the blog Butterflies and Wheels.

1.7K Comments
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III
Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby III

“Youtube: Most valuable tool for academic research or only legitimate tool for academic research” Tom Martin, MA (failed).

Also – X. What is it. What does it have to do with dancing?

LBT
LBT

Holy fuck cakes, this must be the longest thread in Manboobz history. I’d read it, except, uh, it’s the longest thread in Manboobz history.

Yeah, Tom is funny for a few minutes, but since you can’t actually engage with him, it gets old.

At least he doesn’t drag the conversation into other threads.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Tulgeylogger, what Warren Farrell books have you read?

None. It would be a waste of time when I already know how badly wrong many of his claims are. It would be way too much work to sort out the tendentious interpretations and presentation of evidence from the truth. He is not a trustworthy source of information.

Tulgeylogger, you’re falsely claiming I am a pedophilia apologist.

You’ve already stated that you don’t think that having sex with children is not rape. Have you changed your stance on this issue, or do you still think that child prostitutes should be “prosecuted for preying on the mentally ill pedo population”?

Anyway, I am fourthing the Tom Martinbargo. Martin, you’re just not worth dealing with unless you publicly renounce all forms of pedophilia apologetics.

Come on! You can do it! (Technically. But I don’t expect it.)

Tom Martin

Pillowtalk says: Is that one person [who says you should go on a university tour] you?

No, it’s your mother.

“Close down the debate!”

An articulate former UCL student once said:

First they laugh at you, then they ignore you, then they fight you, then you win.

I take it manboobzers do not want me to embark on a university debate tour then, which, given this forum’s collectively heightened level of wrongness about everything, can only mean one thing…

inurashii
inurashii

I quite like the idea. What do manboobzers think?

<deadpan>This question sure rings of good faith.</deadpan>

Tom Martin

I’ve read research, that shows people who go round expressing homophopic sentiment, claiming how wrong it is and how they want to punish homosexualsetcetc tend to be more inclined to show homosexual arousal patterns their self. They are more likely to be latent homosexuals, but cannot admit to themselves or others that they’re gay, so present the image that they are vehemently not gay.

I hypothicate, that those people who go round claiming everyone’s a pedophile etc, or a pedophile apologist etc,etc, and how any discussion about pedos is pedophilia itself etc etc might be struggling with their own pedophilic instincts.

A lot of women are up to children. It could explain the behaviour of these women’s groups going into pedo hysteria about Warren Farrell, who is a men’s equality advocate and real feminist.

Tom Martin

To all those people saying they won’t bother reading men’s rights books because they’ve heard bad reports, that would be like writing off all of feminism because manboobz. I took the time to read feminist books, not just the reviews of unpublished anonymous internet snarks.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Also, I challenge anyone to read these excerpts from Farrell’s Penthouse interview and tell me that Tom Martin’s hand-waving interpretation accurately reflects what Farrell says:

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Sweet Jesus preserve us! Please tell me that disgusting piece of filth does not have and will never have children!

Since some boys and six out of two hundred girls survive that experience realatively unscathed we should encourage more preverted parents into committing incest?

I have seen so many slimy, disgusting and outright deplorable things justified on the net I’m relatively numb. But THAT made my stomach turn, especially with the propfessional grade “I’ve done this before and know how to deflect censure away from myself” grade victim blaming.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Someone please pass the bleach before I claw my eyes out..

Someone

..Please?

inurashii
inurashii

pillow, hie thee to this thread and scroll up to my puppy videos.

lowquacks
lowquacks

Oh, and I think I’ve just successfully invented something which make playing x much freer, easier, and sexier, for women, and men, whilst dancing.The first prototype cost
£100, took 1 hour to fit, works, and does not require batteries!

Hey, if you listen to X on a record player and dance too hard, you could get skipping noises! How’ve you fixed this, Tom? Got an iPod?

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Ahhh! Sweet, sweet relief!

Here is some brain bleach. Don’t know if I’ve posted it before.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Oh my – silly puppeh! Hope he learned sweatshirt sleeves and dogs’ heads don’t mix after that!

reginaldgriswold
reginaldgriswold

Ugh. That Penthouse piece is awful. But not surprising. I actually have read the Myth of Male Power. It’s completely the MRA play book. Every chapter brings a new way to absolve abusers of their responsibility, while placing the blame for everything at the feet of women. It’s an interesting read if you want to look at the development of the MRA as an abusers’ lobby, and it shows that the MRM really never was a legitimate “civil rights” organization. Which I guess we all knew, but it’s something to throw in the face of people who claim the MRM is/was legit, but just has some bad mouthpieces. Buuuut, t’s also really horrifying in a way that I find harder to handle than just shutting my laptop lid.

Tom’s pretty adept at avoiding any sort of actual conversation. Fifth(?)ing.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

There’s a recent thread at SRS about Warren Farrell, so tonight has been “Learn About Warren Farrell Night” for me.

Here’s the second worst thing he said that I’ve seen:

Gross.

Tulgey: AIEEE NEED MORE BLEACH

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

And then there’s this for brain bleach:

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Farrell and Bloody Stupid Martin in one thread? We’re going to need an entire bucket of bleach.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Nope. People go on about Farrell as a pedophile because he advocates “genital petting” (read sexual assualt and grooming) is something parents should do to show their children love (the single most common justification pedos use when caught)because a very tiny percentage of kids exposed to that abuse don’t end up extremely screwed up.

Now, I don’t know if Farrell molests kids. But as a decent human being and parent, what he has to say tells me that my kids would be at extreme risk around him. Certainly not a situation or man I’d let them anywhere near.

pecunium

Tommy Boy: pillowinhell, saying “you’re full of shit” is inarticulate.

It’s quite articulate. It may not be (context dependent) appropriate (this is not, I think, a claim that can be made here). It may be wrong, but it clearly makes a claim, i.e. it articulates a position.

Trying to attack what you may see as someone being mean, or even pedestrian doesn’t make you look smart, esp. when you coin pointless neologisms such as, “hypothicate”, in lieu of the perfectly apt, hypothesize. just makes it more plain that you are full of shit.

pecunium

Tom Martin: Pecunium, that is an impressive list of 25 things 25 clearly awesome women have invented.

And all other inventions…

This is what you always say… You say (repeatedly), shit like, “all women are whores”. (I’m going to ignore, for the nonce; the way you abuse language with that word alone, because while that’s a whole ‘bother rabbit hole of fractal stupidity and recto-cranial impaction. I am convinced you have your head so far up you ass you can see the sun when you open your mouth).

Then when people point out that “not all women are X:, which was your claim, you change the terms of the debate.

You said women don’t do/invent things which make the world a better happier place. That’s a categorical statement.

That list shows your statement to be false (this is why you can’t; not just didn’t, actually survive a school like LSE… you are ill-educated, and not very smart; clever perhaps, but not, so far as the evidence reveals, possessed of much native intelligence. See your lack of rhetorical flair. Dude, Steele looks to be a virtuoso of style, and dramatic prose, when compared to you).

I could list a million things women have done, and continue to do, and you would still say, “so what, it’s only women and they suck”. I did list things, over hundreds of years, and you said, “so what, I still hate women, so you’re wrong.”

Your id is showing. It’s small, wrinkled, and insecure. I mean it. Dude, you came back to a thread a thread which was written nine months ago, like a dog to its vomit; and dove back in, not once, but twice; months between the returns. You must like the abuse. That or (sad as that is) no one is paying you any attention, and you need us (of all people) to provide some semblance of intellectual interaction.

Tom Martin

Viola said: Nooo! My chew toy! The thrill of new ramblings from someone totally incapable of clarifying his statements, because his only principle is that he hates women! The joy of mocking the willfully oblivious!

Viola, let me clarify. I love women. I hate prostitution. There is, I maintain, a difference.

I indeed don’t hypothicate but do hypothesize, that those people who go round claiming everyone’s a pedophile etc, or a pedophile apologist etc,etc, and how any discussion about pedos is pedophilia itself etc etc might be struggling with their own pedophilic instincts.

Lowquacks,

The band you link to, X, sound like they’re ripping off The Pixies, who sound like they’re ripping off this band:

Pecunium said:

Yes you can (but will you?)

pecunium

Tommy Boy: Pecunium,I have never said “all women are whores”. On the contrary, I have repeatedly said,about 97% of women are whores, as only about 3% of women have renounced prostitution in all its forms.

Yes you can (but will you?)

Whut? I’m a whore? How am I a whore? If I’m not a “prostitute”, why must I renounce it? What am I renouncing??

Even looking at the internal logic of that statement, you are saying all women are whores, as their natural state. Only by publicly renouncing, “prostitution in all its forms” are the able to escape.

QED, you think all women are whores.

There is?

What is it?

Tom Martin

I suppose I agree with the idea that you’re not born a woman, but need to become a woman. Prostitution might be the natural inclination for 25 days a month, but it is overcome by conscious, learned, practiced civility towards men.

Two year olds are the least humane, most selfish and violent apparently: There’s a vid out there somewhere of a man plonking one toy scooter into a group of tots, then leaving them to it. A violent scrum ensues.

On the learned civility point, I did an experiment in central London where I asked female passers by on camera, “Men are… ? and to the men, “Women are… ?”

Among the unwashed masses at Leicester Square in London, 30% of men said something negative about women and 60 odd percent of women said something negative about men – but when I did the same experiment outside LSE’s library, 0% of men said something negative about women and about 20% of women said something negative about men. The educated men in particular have learned not to blurt out something negative about women whilst the educated women don’t seem to have learned to practice the same level of civility.

Most women don’t seem to want to police each other out of gold digging yet. If anything, more women slut-shame women who have sex freely and don’t charge.

Feminism is largely mute on it, so it falls to people like me to call out the intransigence.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Hey gals! Feminists never talk about slut shaming!

Thanks Tom! Now I know I’m doing feminism wrong!

hellkell
hellkell

Tom, you’re an idiot. X came way before the Pixies. Per Ubu did start around the same time as X, but in a different part of the country.

I love the baby horse! May I submit this moist owlet in the “brain bleach” category?

pecunium

So Tommy… how am I a whore? How is it that you said women never, and we showed you that women do, but you don’t care?

How about you explain what it is that differentiates “nice women” from “prostitutes”?

Answers, or shut the fuck up.

Tom Martin

Pillowinhell thinks I said

Hey gals! Feminists never talk about slut shaming!

Feminists never talk about the whoriarchs, in maternal gatekeeping guardian roles, advising girls and young women to protect their usufruct fiefdoms, to go for men with money, prepared to donate it her way just for showing up at the party. Sounds like a shit party in a brothel! At some point, some charismatic feminist somewhere will get round to breaching the subject in public with the female audience, head on.

Person with Manboobz tattoo
Good point. As a real feminist, I hereby renounce prostitution
in all its forms. Do you accept cash, bartender?

V.O
Carlsberg don’t do feminists.

HellKell says:

Hellkell, it was total idiocy, chalk that one up in your corner, for your side. Choose any colour of star for yourself. Everyone’s a winner. You’re on a roll, just like X probably.

Tom Martin

Pecunium, I think you know the difference between nice people and whores. Do unto others etc. The golden rule, don’t piss on him (even if he asks).

princessbonbon

That was an impressive lack of sense.

cloudiah

moist owlet

That was goooooooooooooooooood.

Renewing my call for some kind of (limited or total) banning of Tommy Boy. He’s just … useless.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I might vote to keep him if he’d come up with some new material, but that doesn’t seem to be happening.

Kim
Kim

Ok, I’m just guessing here Tommy Boy, because you’re fairly incomprehensible, but are you saying that the 97% who are whores are whores because they a) have sex and b) sometimes receive things from men that they didn’t buy from those men? Or perhaps the sex is irrelevant, and it’s just about women getting things without paying for them with money they earnt?

What about when women do things for men? Are the men whores too? Are the only people who aren’t whores the ones who have no friends and only ever get anything by working for the money and then buying it themselves?

Do you never allow anyone to do any favours for you Tommy? Do you refuse all presents even on your birthday? Do you never go to anyone else’s house in case they offer you a cup of tea? Or do you just insist on paying for the cup of tea?

pecunium

Tom, we can’t talk until we agree on terms.

I think a prostitute is someone who takes money, in a direct exchange for sex, as a purely business transaction.

Dinner and drinks before fucking don’t count. Being a stay at home partner doesn’t count. Taking advantage of all the things “men” have created int he past doesn’t count.

Quid Pro Quo is the only thing that counts. “Give me £X and I’ll fuck you” = prostitute, nothing else.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

WTF? 97% of all women are whores, and 3% of women have renounced prostitution in all its forms.

But the difference between a whore and a nice person is that a whore will piss on somebody and, what, 3% of women won’t? So giving up prostitution in all its forms means following the golden rule?

This from a man who does every fucking thing in bad faith?

Tom, you make less and less sense every comment you post.

Kim
Kim

You’re spot on pecunium. Tommy here has basically mangled the word until it’s no longer recognisable.

He doesn’t seem to understand how interpersonal relationships work.

reginaldgriswold
reginaldgriswold

He’s like a shotgun full of alphabet soup.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

So, if I’m interpreting this correctly, Tom thinks that 97% of women are into watersports?

So giving up prostitution in all its forms means following the golden rule?

“Golden rule” *snrk*

Tom Martin

Cassandra said’

Cassandra, the material girl?

Let’s hear it, treacle.

We all love a laugh.

Yes we can. Wooooo!

Tom Martin

Kim said,

He doesn’t seem to understand how interpersonal relationships work.

Kim,

Interpersonal relationships which are no work work. I don’t know nothing.

pecunium

I think I see someone who’s had a few too many ABUs.

cloudiah

He is definitely drunk. And also boring.

cloudiah

What’s an ABU? I mean, I Googled it but I got lots of clearly irrelevant results.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help
The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Feminists never talk about the whoriarchs,

Well, he was right on that one, if only because there’s no such thing.

Yup, pissed as a fish is Tom. D’you think he’s over visiting Joe? Spilling their beer on a shared keyboard? Aini’t it sweet …

An Abu is a feisty little monkey.