actual activism antifeminism I'm totally being sarcastic irony alert misandry misogyny MRA oppressed men Tom Martin twitter Uncategorized whores

Tom Martin’s “anti-male discrimination” case against the London School of Economics dismissed; he responds by calling his critics “whores.”

Hard wooden chairs: Enemy of men?

Tom Martin, a former gender studies student at the London School of Economics, recently became a minor celebrity amongst Men’s Rights activists and other angry men when he sued his alma mater for alleged sexism against men.

He’s now had his case thrown out of court. Let’s go to the Camden New Journal for details:

Tom Martin, 39, who lives in Covent Garden, claimed he suffered “anti-male discrimination” while studying for a master’s degree in gender, media and culture at the world-famous university in Holborn.

Representing himself at his application for a trial at the Central London County Court on Tuesday, Mr Martin complained of a lack of men-only sessions in the university’s gym and the preponderance of posters in the corridors advertis­ing services for women without the presence of similar materials geared towards men.

Mr Martin, who describes himself as a feminist, said “hard” chairs in the library were uncomfortable for men and that a “male blaming culture” was evident in course materials, which “ignored men’s issues” and focused on wrongs done by them.

Damn those misandrist chairs and their man-hating hardness!

The judge didn’t buy it, saying Martin’s case had essentially no chance of success. He threw out the case and ordered Martin to pay LSE’s legal costs.

Martin, welcome to reality.

On Twitter, Martin responded to the news by calling his critics “whores.” One of many examples:

But I was really discriminated against, you whores!

More examples here, and here.

And, yes, his Twitter handle is indeed Sexismbusters.org.

EDITED TO ADD: Actual headline today on What Men are Saying About Women:

Tom Martin Faces Slut-Feminist Judge, Motion Denied..

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD: Tom Martin has replied to this post in the comments. Some highlights:

My legal complaint did NOT involve a complaint about the seating. You have been misled by the press – The Times and the West End Extra/Camden New Journal both mysteriously got it wrong.

One year prior to joining the university, when visiting its library, I did complain, that the seating being hard created a greater disadvantage for men than for women, as men have considerably smaller weight-bearing buttock pads than women, and men are heavier too – so for men, on average heavier than women, have more weight bearing down onto a pad which is approximately four times smaller than women’s on average – according to a BBC documentary on the subject.

He then details his attempts to fight this grave injustice. Also, there’s this:

[S]everal comments here are confusing ‘whore’ with ‘slut’. A slut has sex freely, which I am all for. Freedom of association is the ultimate in humanity. A whore charges for sex. Even if a woman is a virgin, but is waiting for Mr Right to buy her something, she’s a whore.

It’s counter-intuitive, but a lot of professional feminists are whores. They expect the government and men to do them special favours. They make up stories to convince men and government to believe that we all owe women something.

But really, if someone were keeping a tab, then…

Women owe men five years pension.
Women owe men some National Service.
Women owe men some inventions.
Women owe men positive discrimination in university curricula.
Women owe men some child access.
It’s women’s round at the bar too.

For the whole thing, see here.

For more charming quotes from Tom, see this post on the blog Butterflies and Wheels.

1.7K Comments
Falconer

In the 3rd world, it really annoys me to see the footage of women sat cross-legged at a bowl, pounding whatever they have into food with a small caber, up and down all day like it’s the wailing wall. You never see a man doing that shit. Can’t they just eat the whole grain?

GPOY

“can we, invent a thing, which make playing x much freer, easier, and sexier, for women, and men, whilst dancing?”

…I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes. (James Joyce)

It makes about as much sense, and gives you more satisfaction from trying to figure out what it says.

Tom Martin

Hellkell, you are a soldier’s wife from recollection. Let’s hold you up as a real advocate, for… er… female agency. What have you been up to lately that is so damn important during this privileged period of being the one who isn’t putting their ass on the line?

Tom, I’m noticing a distinct reluctance on your part to deny that you support the Taliban.

If you don’t support the Taliban, can you please confirm that for us? You just have to say “I don’t support the Taliban.”

The longer you refuse to say so, the more damning the conclusion becomes.

Falconer

Could we go so far as to demand he renounce the Taliban in all its forms?

Tom Martin

The Taliban? The women are beautiful, but they abort girls, so no thanks, I won’t be converting.

Tom Martin

Renouncing the Taliban in all its forms? No, it’s not practical. Yes, it is renounced.

We could Falconer.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I demand that Tom renounce the word “whore” in all its forms.

[the word Tom is not alllowed to use here –DF]

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Tom, we don’t spend our days inventing things because no one pays us to invent things; as you have previously established, doing unpaid labor is prostitution, and we have all already renounced prostitution in all its forms. You whore.

hellkell

I demand that Tom renounce his fuckery in all its forms and apologize to the world for bothering it with the aforementioned fuckery.

Tom Martin

Could, or would, do what, Hellkell? When?

cloudiah

If you take away his fuckery, YOU LEAVE TOM WITH NOTHING!!! THAT’S MISANDRY!!!

reginaldgriswold
reginaldgriswold

Most software developers, myself included, develop software in their underwear, jammies or “dressing gowns” at some point. I think most people would agree that computer programming is a pretty tough gig. So, what of it, Tom? Are developers now whores because they may or may not wear real pants while working?

viola
viola

Tom: Sorry sweetie. We’re not your dancing bears.

We do not give a fuck what you would like to see from us.

You have no authority here. You cannot force us to do anything, no matter how gratifying you would find it for us to forget your hatefulness and try to please you.

My will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom as great. You have no power over me.

(A Goblin King is very nearly the same as a troll, right? Close enough for the magic to work?)

Chibigodzilla said
We ridicule your complaint because you frame a regular complaint (these chairs are uncomfortable) as a male complaint. If you just said “Hey LSE, your library chairs are really uncomfortable, how about we get some new ones?” none of us would care.

Well Chibigodzilla, I tried making the complaint, that the chairs were hard and therefore not fit for a library, prior to my sex diuscrimination-angled complaint discussed here, and the university library simply ignored the complaint, just as they had ignored all other complaints from other library users similarly unimpressed.

It was only months later, when I employed the Gender Equality Duty Act and brought in the EHRC, and the differential impact on men, only then did they take the complaint seriously and introduce padded seating.

So I get it that manboobzers will ‘not be moved’, even when they’re wrong – and similarly won’t debate the issues raised on the ways feminism is sexist for instance:

Even when manboobzers are dead wrong, they shall not be moved.

hellkell

Tom, do you ever tire of being wrong? I’m not the military spouse. Either way, what I’m up to is none of your damn business.

Tom Martin

So hellkell, are you saying you are or are not a prostitute?

Ithiliana

@Tom:

Your list of things women have invented is woefully incomplete; I demand you sit on a hard chair and study the following. There will be a test.

p.s. I’m not the soldier’s wife either. I’m a university professor, and my partner (a woman) is also a university professor.

You, however, are a Taliban supporter and a murder apologist.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Erm…that link takes me to google. Scrolling down I see that “not tonight honey I have a headache” is one of the inventions, trick question because men can’t tell uyou what was invented because women clearly haven’t invented much…and some really good stuff on women inventors. My guess is that Tommy will focus on the bullshit.

hellkell

Tom, I’m not a prostitute, not that it matters. However, you are an asshole murder/child rape apologist and all-around crap human being.

drst
drst

Also, get back to me when you successfully make a loaf of bread without flour.

I seriously want to have Tommy sit down with a bowl full of whole wheat grains (fresh off the plant and all) and see if he can eat them. That would be the only YouTube video he could ever make that I would watch.

Tom Martin

I’ve just read a story in the Daily Telegraph, that a Madam got off a charge of controlling prostitutes for profit or gain, on the pesky fact that she was not controlling them, merely being their agent (as I’ve been saying about pimps all along).

I think I might open a brothel then – but one where the ‘talent’ I represent volunteer to pay 60% tax, and do a stint in the territorial army while they’re about it. They’ll need a license too, which will cost, and for which they’ll need to complete an NVQ in how to be a sex worker.

Then again, nah, I’ll leave it to someone else. It’s all so icky.

Drst,

You can eat raw wheat. You need to soak it until it sprouts, then do what you like with it. Whilst it’s soaking, you can go to your day job.

You are welcome.

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Ah see. And therein lied Tommys complaint. He doesn’t have a problem with whores, so long as he’s the one profiting off them.

You wouldn’t like Canada then Tommy, where its legal to be a prostitute, but not legal to profit of the money they earned.

viola
viola

So, you think taking 60% of someone’s income and charging them for a meaningless “license”, issued by you, and an equally meaningless “qualification”, presumably taught by you, will not be considered “controlling” by the law?
Well, that reflects your usual grasp of the law, I suppose.

I find it deeply amusing that all forms of cooking and food preservation are a silly frippery, taking time away from important things like frivolous lawsuits, youtube videos, and applying for degree courses you have no intention of completing.

Yes, I’m sure Tom lives on a diet of nothing but raw, sprouted wheat.

lowquacks
lowquacks

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Like, it’s a metaphor, but it’s literally important too (possibly ignoring the god bit depending how into that you are). Is not having scurvy only for prostitutes too?

Don’t some cereals not malt well anyway? Not an agricultural expert here.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

tl;dr: Tom’s still a git.

Tom Martin

Pillowhell, I am proposing that someone set up a brothel using the regulation and taxation route. Make a documentary out of it. At the end, present the chancellor with the tax money which it currently allows prostitutes to evade.

I am proposing that I don’t do this project however, because I don’t want to converse with prostitutes given their all round general stupidity.

Taxi drivers have to do training and pay for a license, and effectively pay higher rates of taxes, but they are not considered to be ‘controlled’. So I don’t see why a voluntary brothelfull of women determined to pay their taxes, even though the government doesn’t want the money, would be considered coersion either.

Admittedly, the national service bit would be coersion, which would require a change of law (the whoremongers).

lowquacks
lowquacks

Some Paulaner monks used to live on barleywine and water through lent, which I suppose is water, malted grains, plus tiny amounts yeast and hops, but that was a considered a pretty serious ascetic move and was only for six weeks or thereabouts.

lowquacks
lowquacks

*doppelbock, which is similar to barleywine

lowquacks
lowquacks

They were arguably the predecessors to what we now call “engineering students”.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Reading Tom’s fantasies is really weird. Tom, keep it in your diary, or at least on fanfiction.net.

Hey, Cloudiah! Someone needs to write a fic about hard chairs, highly-taxed brothels, and a diet of nothing but wheat kernels!

lauralot89

Good news guys, I’ve got some exclusive footage of the awesome new LSE chairs:

Tom Martin

So Katz, can we take it you want hard chairs in libraries, prostitutes to be tax-exempt, and food which takes all day for women to prepare?

CLEARLY discriminatory against straight dudes! And that chair doesn’t take payment, so it is a whore.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Have we figured out yet exactly what makes a person a whore vs non-whore? Sex, payment, no-sex, no-payment? Just existing while female?

Tom Martin

You don’t need to be a person to be a [*****]. Female penguins are [*****]s. Dung beatles, monkeys – it’s easier to be a [*****] when an animal, as there’s less conscience to wrestle with.

Bostonian

Existing while female, Unimaginative. That is all that is required to be a whore in Tom definitions. It is why he is no longer allowed to use it here. It actually has no real meaning past, “woman” the way he uses it.

He does make an exception for male child prostitutes though, he calls them whores too.

Unimaginative
Unimaginative

Oh, of course. I had momentarily forgotten how much of an animate pustule Tom Martin is, and how truly disgusting and dehumanizing his opinions are.

And can I say how much I resent Steele for taking all the teeth out of the word “vile”? Because until Steele, I would have called Tom Martin’s pronouncements vile, but now that word has connotations of “this word is used by melodramatic, disingenuous, stupid trolls and therefore reflects badly on anyone who uses it”.

Tom Martin

Yes I do call child prostitutes prostitutes. The child prostitutes c all themselves prostitutes too, or business people entrepreneurs etc. It’s all so glamorous when you have the mental age of a 13 year old, and the physical age of a 13 year old too apparently:

Having Tom in moderation is like doing a jigsaw puzzle. You don’t get to see the whole picture (or rather, conversation) until the end!

Nepenthe
Nepenthe

You don’t need to be a person to be a [*****]

Now I’m curious, are all organisms that produce ova whores? Like… hermaphroditic flatworms? Parthenogenetic rotifers (no males at all)? Female trees?

(Female gingko trees are assholes–they drop sticky, foul-smelling fruit all over the place–but I’ve never considered them “whores”.)

hellkell

Tom would know all about having the mental age of a 13 year old.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

It is a bit like arguing with an arrogant, petulant teenager, isn’t it? Except that it’s easier to be patient with teenagers because you know they’ll eventually grow out of it.

hellkell

Yeah, Tom has no excuse for his behavior, other than being a dumbass.

lowquacks
lowquacks

And those awful chairs!

pecunium

varpole: Estelle was in no way entirely incorrect;

In English we say, “Estelle was…” Well no, it’s hard to make that statement into good Enlish. I think you were trying to say that some of what she said was right, but your attempt to be nuanced was an utter failure.

I’d probably say, “Estelle wasn’t entirely wrong”, but that would require you making it possible that she was in part correct, and that was something you aren’t man enough to handle.