actual activism antifeminism drama grandiosity hypocrisy misogyny MRA MRA paradox oppressed men reddit terrorism

Oh, Men’s Rights subreddit, will you ever learn? (Probably not.)

Sometimes I ask myself: what is it that I really hope to accomplish with this website, aside from entertaining myself and my readers, and exposing misogynist assholes for who they are. There’s a part of me that still hopes that someday, something I write will cause some misogynist and/or Men’s Rightser out there to develop a modicum of self-awareness, look at what they’ve been saying or doing, and say to themselves, “I’m really kind of a tool, aren’t I? Maybe I should stop.”

When the Southern Poverty Law Center report on the Men’s Rights movement came out, I hoped it might have a similar sort of effect. Or that, even if it didn’t persuade any MRAs out there that they were wrong, it might at least convince a few that they were going about things the wrong way. Nope. On the Men’s Rights subreddit, at least, it seems to have sent many of the regulars into an indignant tizzy, and they have doubled down on their peculiar brand of politics-by-whining-online.

Consider this post:

Yes, that’s right. Some Men’s Rights Redditors seem to think that the best way to convince the world that they’re not part of a hate group is to continue to celebrate a self-admitted child abuser who urged men to firebomb courthouses and police stations and kill people.

Then there’s this post, currently the top post on the subreddit:

Wow, if the Men’s Rights subreddit had anything to do with that, that would indeed be a victory. As one regular put it:

Thing is, I read r/mensrights pretty regularly, and I don’t remember any campaign there to protect the rights of fishermen in New Zealand.

Turns out that’s because the campaign, such as it was, consisted of one post some months back, which got all of 11 upvotes at the time. The current post in which r/mensrights congratulates itself for its “victory” has gotten, last I checked, 120 upvotes, more than ten times that. Simplecosine’s self-congratulatory comment in the new thread has gotten 36 upvotes. The comment in the original thread asking r/mensrightsers to send an email to the US Secretary of State’s office got … one upvote. In other words, only a handful of Men’s Rights Redditors even noticed the original post, much less sent along an email.

Reading one of the linked news articles makes clear the real reason the State Department opened an investigation: a six-month long, three-continent wide investigation by Bloomberg Businessweek revealing abuses in the industry.

The Men’s Rights subreddit: Taking Credit for Shit They Didn’t Do Since 2008.

And then there’s this post:

I’ve got nothing to say about this one — it’s basically self-refuting — except that I’m sort of bemused by the notion that the Southern Poverty Law Center is a “semi-women group.” Uh, what is that exactly? A group with some women in it? A group that doesn’t think women are all a bunch of evil bitches? The horror!

Oh, Men’s Rights movement. You’ll never change, will you?

EDITED TO ADD: And speaking of never changing, here’s how one Men’s Rights redditor responded to my comments there suggesting that maybe, just maybe, MRAs should actually denounce and distance themselves from someone calling for terrorism:

Let me just highlight that bit at the end again:

[T]he cost to the establishment to maintain the status quo in regards to divorce, custody, etc. must be made so high that it’s just no longer feasible. If that means instilling abject fear into the hearts of judges, cops and legislators by making them think their careers and/or lives could be forfeit unless they change their attitudes towards men, then so be it.

Trying to instill fear for one’s life in your opponents: that is the very definition of terrorism.

Holly Pervocracy

Gosh, NWO, if we keep calling men violent, what are you going to do to us?

hellkell
hellkell

Holly, he wants us to beat each other in the street! You know, the way Jesus would have wanted it.

Shadow
Shadow

You’re right AntZ. This:

is totally what most societies want to see more of. Are we sure he isn’t a parody?

@Hellkell

How the hell did I miss that! :$

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

“The MRM is a civil rights movement promoting equal protection under the law and equal protection of government.”

You said yourself: “I do not believe that the MRM will succeed.” Which is it? Are you going to win or succeed?

Dracula
Dracula

Personally, I’d take NWO’s concerns about the fairness of anti-DV campaigns more seriously if I didn’t already know that what he actually wants is more women getting beaten.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

Also,

You people are throw backs to brutish times that most societies wish they could forget.

You MRAs need to take a long look in the mirror.

ostara321
ostara321

@Holly

It’s not even any dollars, because contraceptives save insurance companies money. $1000/year (which is on the high side, my pills cost more like $500/year… and my insurance premium is $200/month) is peanuts compared to the cost of pregnancy and birth. Which itself is peanuts compared to the cost of all the care even a healthy infant will need in its first few years. Which is tiny little peanuts all over again compared to the cost of care for an infant with a birth defect or major illness.

THIS. Contraception is also peanuts compared to any complications the MOTHER might have during pregnancy, childbirth or after.

I can’t fathom the anger over it. It saves everybody money, ups productivity for businesses since women who DO want to become pregnant can plan their pregnancies and women who don’t aren’t forced to take time off when they don’t want to in order to carry a fetus they don’t want to full term.

Not only that, it’s not like when folks argue for contraception, they argue against mens’ access to things for mens’ reproductive health. It’s not like an argument for contraception is an argument against mens’ health, or men in general by default.

Last but not least, this whole “I’m paying for your slutty habits” garbage idea really needs to go the fuck away. People do know that women pay taxes and insurance as well, right?

Captain Bathrobe
Captain Bathrobe

@ Antz,

No, we are not going to change. We are going to win. And then, YOU are going to change.

That’s right Antz! Tomorrow the world! Shine on you crazy diamond!

BoggiDWurms
BoggiDWurms

Oh, the irony…

Dracula
Dracula

So, what do you think Zarat’s next persona will be, once he realizes the Lex Luthor routine isn’t scaring anybody?

Bostonian

Oh wow, we have both of the domestic abuse advocates on the same thread! Keep telling yourself you are going to win in the coming apocalypse, maybe you can convince yourself of it.

Cloudiah
Cloudiah

Lex Luthor vs Superman(boobz):

Lauralot

Hey, I object to this comparison! Lex Luthor is actually kind of cool.

Shadow
Shadow

@Cloudiah

I LOVED THAT EPISODE!!! So much concentrated awesome!

AntZ reminds me of a less competent Jason Trask. Here to save us from a “danger” we have no desire to be saved from.

Lauralot

What we need here is a super villain who’s obsessed with replacing humans with robots.

Shadow
Shadow

The Cyber-King?

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

I think it would be good to have ad campaigns telling women not to abuse men. There should also be ones telling women not to abuse women, men not to abuse men, and adults not to abuse children. Part of the reason that some people don’t take female on male abuse seriously enough is because they don’t think there are any women strong enough to pose a threat to men. That’s just a stereotype that makes it hard for male victims of IPV to be taken seriously. It’s also sexist against women to say they’re all so weak. If you’re concerned about this issue, NWO, you could perhaps pool money from MRA’s to make billboards or TV commercials denouncing violence against men. I know your real agenda, though, is for women to punch each other. You’ve said so yourself.

Lauralot

And NWO needs a villain who just sits around screaming in incoherent rage.

I’d suggest Mad Stan, but Mad Stan is a) cool, and b) capable of getting up off his ass.

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Cloudiah
Cloudiah

@Lauralot I love that that’s set in a library. Who are the angriest, but laziest, villains? That’s what we need.

belledame222

Which time was that, exactly? For that matter, which societies?

anyway, yes, certainly things have come to a sorry pass when perfectly civilized attitudes like “terrorize the cops and judges through firebombing” devolve into “post peoples’ own hateful words and mock them for it on the Internets.”

nwoslave

@Kendra, the bionic mommy
“No the MRM is not a civil rights movement. It is a backlash to feminism, and its goal is to roll back any gains made by feminists. Surely you’ve read the report about the MRM by now, right?”

Did you say report? What exactly makes a report? Is that when women are treated badly by men. Is it then a legitimate report? How about a “report” such as the one you linked to but regendered? Would you find it as credible?

I noticed “George Sodini” is listed as an example of a typical MRA. If that’s the case than “Valerie Solanas” must be a typical feminist. Particularly since we now have a State funded play of the SCUM manifesto. Has there been a biting satire play about George Sodini? Or would that be considered hateful? Once again anyone can easily see who is privileged and has all the power in modern day society.

I noticed registerher.com was mentioned as a bad man thingy. Although Gloria Allred recently call a site where women basically trash any man, (with names) they feel like a leap forward in womens rights. These men of course aren’t teaching hatred like radfem hub and the SCUM girls, which are the slime on registerher. They’re just average men women have decided aren’t recieving enough societal-wide hatred.

By the way, my rights consist of life, freedom and property. Everything else which women recieve is privilege and entitlement. So the gains you speak of being rolled back would be the loss of privilege and entitlement women currenty recieve above men. You call yourself the bionic mommy, I hope you don’t have any boys.
————–
Several people commented on womens health, both reproductive and otherwise. Falconer even managed to allude to being in a blind rage over how poorly women are treated by the medical field. For every $1.00 spent on mens health $3.00 is spent on womens health. Is a mere 25% spending on mens health still too much in your opinion? In 1900 the average american man lived within 1 year of the average american woman, now it’s 7 years. Is that too much as well?

I also noted the paultry $1000.00 a year for womens contracteption being so much cheaper than pregnancy, or the abortion slaughterhouses. Of course it’s really not an either/or now is it? It’s an also paying more for women plan. My taxes for the slaughterhouse and my private funds for the contraception and pregnancy. So how can paying for womens contraception, plus paying for the slaughterhouses and pregnancy be cheaper than only paying for the slaughterhouses and pregnancy? My math seems to be a bit rusty.

BoggiDWurms
BoggiDWurms

Which time was that, exactly? For that matter, which societies?

MRAs are neither particularly fond of nor are good with details. Details are stupid things. They are part of the communist, feminist, liberal agenda.

After reading SPLC I doubt anyone could take MRAs seriously anymore.

Holly Pervocracy

Oh, but NWO, if we call you violent, how will you punish us?

You’re violent! Why… you’re abusive!

You gonna just take that? What would you do when a woman says this to you?

grinner
grinner

I’d just like to quote my partner’s reaction upon reading any of the MRA trolls here on manboobz:

“You know I think the MRM might actually be helping the sex lives of so-called not-alphas. Every time I read one of them I’m reminded of how incredibly awesome my ‘beta mangina boys’ are.”

This is then followed by zir jumping me, insisting on cuddles. So, thanks DKM, Slavey, and all the other trolls! You both entertain me, and get me cuddles!

magdelyn

Who else loves /r/mensrights as much as I do?

Cloudiah
Cloudiah

Every time I read NWOslave, I am reminded of this dish I got on ebay.

Quackers
Quackers

I don’t care for those DV ads with the children in them either. But that doesn’t exactly change the fact that the majority of MRAs are misogynists who ignore the violent rhetoric in their “movement”

Pecunium

AntZ:

That would be the sort of civil rights movement that thinks people whom it doesn’t like ouhght to be killed?

That would be the “brutish” times in the past when women were only moderately less than equal to men? The times which the present is trying to prevent from returning?

Or was it the time in the past when all the men lived on one side of the river, and all the women on the other, and babies showed up in the cabbage patch and Pyramus and Thisbe had to talk through a hole in the wall?

Pecunium

NWO: Has there been a relentless ad campaign depicting women as abusers of men/boys and children in our schools, government and MSM? That’s how you know whose privileged and holds the power in any given society.

Maybe it’s how we teach people who the prevalent abusers are?

You know, fix the problem. Make abuse (no matter who the taget is) just plain unacceptable.

Oh, wait… you think the problem is not enough women are being, “escalated” against. Too few of them are being slapped for being uppity, or beaten to death for defending themselves whey they get slapped.

That the real crime is when a guy who tries to beat two women’s brains in when they slapped him is being charged with the assault he committed.

Holly Pervocracy

Actually, a realer question for NWO (although “how hard should women be beaten for saying you’re violent?” still has such poetry for me):

Which would make you happier:
A) If government campaigns against domestic violence started depicting women as potential abusers and men as potential victims?

B) If government campaigns against domestic violence stopped depicting men as potential abusers and women as potential victims?

nwoslave

@Holly Pervocracy

Hey, Holly, did you know about the “mandatory” dressing up of boys in girl clothing going on in colleges? All for a good cause of course. The continuation of propaganda by the privileged class.
——————
“In April of last year the MSU student newspaper, The Reflector, reported that the SAS office received a competitive grant from the Justice Department’s Office of Violence Against Women. The $300,000 grant named the “Campus Grant Program” is one of twenty one competitive grants distributed by the OVAW who’s recipients are given broad discretion on how to use the funds.”
—————–
“The crowd of marching men were subjected to demeaning slurs from the crowd of onlookers and given hand written notes from members of a virtually all female audience implying their complicity in the supposed sexual assault epidemic.“Female students stood on the side lines. Over 400 male students wore heals and walked in a 1/4 mile circle, four times while the female students stood and watched, mostly smiling and some were laughing.”
——————
“Standards Requirement,” imposed to ensure a participation rate of at least 80% for all fraternities. Consequences for non-compliance of this requirement include revocation of privileges for individual fraternity members as well as suspension or termination of a fraternity’s charter.”
—————–
Isn’t that my tax dollars hard at work? Why yes it is. This sounds like something you or Ozy might organize. Forcing men to dress in womens clothing or they will be punished. I thought shaming and demeaning were bad things? Oh that’s right, they were mooks, just disposable men. Kinda like State enforced by the whim of women. Not likely men did it, right? College women are now paid by the State to organize events that shame and demean men.
—————-
“According to annual Campus Police reports there have only been four reported rapes from 2005 to 2010. This on a campus who’s fall enrollment was between 15,000 and 20,000 students during that time period roughly half of whom were female. Rape, by far, is the least common violent crime reported.”

Again, my math is rusty. How can 4 in 10,000 or about 1 in 2,500, which is “reported rapes” not actual “convicted rapes” equal 1 in 4. Do women enjoy constantly lying, or are they just so empty headed that they’ll parrot any old thing as long as they’re seen as victims?
—————
And of course we have the “pledge”

Funny, in a society self-destructing kinda way how women never reciprocate in any way a pledge to stop being sexually coercive, stop teasing all men, stop acting like hypersexual animals in heat, stop being violent, stop lying, stop false accusing, stop cheating, stop gossiping, stop talking about and treating men like their disposable, stop treating men like shit, never profess any type of loyalty what-so-ever.

Moewicus
Moewicus

I think owly had an idea for that last paragraph, but he got so caught up in listing the ways in which women are evil he simply forgot it and ran out of steam.

Paul Daniel Ash

Did you ask Elam if his “anonymous” source explained how the feminazis coerced the Mayor and firefighters to march?

The fraternities weren’t the only ones to participate. Starkville firefighters, Mayor Parker Wiseman and Verizon Wireless volunteers all came to the event.
“Anything that we can do to draw awareness to sexual assault or domestic violence is great, and I think some firemen wearing some high heeled shoes is going to draw attention,” Firefighter Brian Arnett said.

BoggiDWurms
BoggiDWurms

Who else loves /r/mensrights as much as I do?

Two words: NO ONE.

At least no one with a brain.

@NWO
For someone who is presumably very far right, you sure sound like a Marxist talking about privileged and oppressed classes all the time.

@Futrelle
I cannot thank you enough for Manboobz and other misogyny-exposing websites. You really are doing a public service and are making the world a slightly more reasonable and just place.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

High heels do draw the eye to the legs and some of those firefighters have nice legs.

🙂

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@nwoslave:

So… I looked through the sources for the avfm article that you quoted from without actually citing…

I see no evidence for any forced compliance. There was no dressing up in girls clothing (besides wearing high heels), and no evidence of slurs being directed at the men in the march. That mostly women were in the audience was not surprising (because the men were marching), and that they were laughing is also not surprising (because its rather odd to see frat boys in heels).

So yeah… What we have here is a pledge put on by fraternities to increase awareness of sexual assault by wearing heels. How avfm can spin that to a bunch of men being forced to cross-dress while being heckled by a female audience is beyond me…

KathleenB
KathleenB

Oh my god, NWO, you’re clearly living in Opposite Land. How do you communicate with a society so radically different from your own? Does the black hole between your ears help or hinder such efforts?

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Immense amounts of semi-legal “recreational” drugs.

nwoslave

@Holly Pervocracy

Well please forgive me for not responding in a timely fashion. I’m the bad man and must be punished. Women are encouraged to profess their hatred of men/boys, so any disparaging remarks against me are applauded. I on the other hand must remain respectful and adoring of all women lest I be chastized.

But to answer your question I would choose, “If government campaigns against domestic violence started depicting women as potential abusers and men as potential victims?”

However, to make things “equal” we’d need to have only women portrayed as utter filth, lacking in any morals or social graces, the constant barrage of men being better in every way backed by a “study” (haha) like all the studies every MSM outlet produces regularly. Women should only be portrayed as violent and buffoonish. And of course having no sexual control, (that’s an easy one since modern women actually don’t posses any).

I’d say if the State, schools and MSM promoted that for the next fifty years or so that’d make up for the last fifty years of so.

Also, also! See, I said also twice so I’m so cutting edge and progressive. We’d need lotsa talk shows. Sometimes we’d have one where a man cut out a womans vagina and tossed in the garbage disposal, oh how we’d all laugh. Then we’d dress up girls in work clothes and boots, (yukky, it might chaffe your sensitive skin). We’d parade them about and mock the stupid sewer workers.

Only men could marry up money wise. After divorce men would get the children and women would pay child support and alimony while living in the gutters. All shelters would be for men. We’d spend 75% on mens health so women would die 7 years earlier. Women would get far harsher criminal sentences. If there was a DV disurbance the woman would always be arrested.

We’d send women off to die for men in hard labor jobs and war, but we men will cheer you on.

And just on and on along those lines. Ya know, to make up for what has to be thousands of years of men suffering and sacrificing for women and children. And of course, my sperm my choice. The abortion slaughterhouses would be for men to decide who lives and who dies.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Is this like how a lot of virulent racists seem to think that “racist” is just a random insult meaning “bad person” and not actually a specific reference to racist behaviors? Ie., do they not understand that “terrorist” is a word with an actual meaning, and that if someone is trying to get their way by making people frightened for their lives then that person is indeed by definition a terrorist?

Shadow
Shadow

You really ARE stupid Owly. Do you not attempt to do just a LITTLE research outside of AVfM, or is that a too illumaniti for you?

Joanna

“How long until the pledge of womens moral superiority becomes mandatory in grade schools? No wonder women believe themselves to be morally superior, with State enforced propaganda backing the privileged class.”

If you think rape is ok, then yes I am morally superior to you.

Holly Pervocracy

I’m actually kind of annoyed by Walk A Mile In Her Shoes, because my shoes are Rockport hiking boots. And any event that gets comedy value off “ha ha, isn’t it funny and that men are wearing lady clothes” ticks me off–it’s transphobic and implies that being womanly is humiliating for a man.

However, no one was forced to do it, and “people didn’t report sexual assaults to the campus police” is not exactly proof there weren’t any.

So women are constantly forcing men to rape them….

…and yet rape never really happens?

Holy fuck, NWO, how does that work?

Lauralot

Holy fuck, NWO, how does that work?

Not well, I’d imagine.

nwoslave

@PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth
“Immense amounts of semi-legal “recreational” drugs.”

Or a 300K grant to humiliate and degrade men under punishment of losing their membership in a social club (frat).

“As a REAL MAN I know that it is part of my duty to create a safer place for our mothers, sisters, friends, lovers and daughters.”

I guess as a “real man” helping other men is irrelevant. Women are more generous than I thought! They only want my pledge to help 1/2 of society. In return I get a big old goose egg and an earful of propaganda.

nwoslave

@Holly Pervocracy

Being womanly is humiliating for a man. Are you so steeped in your feminist religion that you haven’t figured out men and women are different?

Joanna

“Though the event might not sound appealing to most men, “Walk a Mile” had a record turnout. So many men registered this year that event organizers ran out of high heels, but that didn’t stop men from participating in the event.”

Yup. Held at gunpoint. Those poor unwilling participants.

Lauralot

Wearing heels at a volunteer event = forced to dress as a girl by the university.

BLOW IT ALL UP.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

I’m trying to think of a villain in a movie or something that is actually everything that nwo attributes to women… Coercive, manipulative, horny, violent liars who gossip and treat men like dirt and only think about themselves.

I honestly can’t think of anybody. Not even Hollywood has the imagination that nwo has.

On the other hand, there was an erotic story that actually did have two women in it that acted exactly like this. Man, that story wasn’t fun to read at all. Maybe nwo has a secret profession?